Attention!
各位旅客请注意
Last call for the merchant ship Old Canaco…
从里斯本开来的法尔康号♥
and bound for Caracas!
要开往加拉加斯了
Señors and Señoras, last call for Caracas.
女士们 先生们 去加拉加斯的旅客请上船了
Passengers will please proceed to Pier 3.
请旅客们由三号♥码头上船
Carga Isabella, out of Santa Cruz, now arriving in port.
有圣克鲁斯来的卡拉贝尔伊丝贝拉号♥ 现在进港了
Look, what islands are these?
这是什么岛
The Azores. It’s the first place we stopped after left the mainland.
是亚瑟尔群岛 我们离开欧洲停靠的第一个码头
Oh, where my hat fell in water? – Yes.
哦 我的帽子在那掉水里了 -对
And all the seagulls went after it? Remember?
海鸥以为是吃的 都去抢 记得吗
Yes, I remember.
对 记得
Señors and Señoras, last call for Caracas!
女士们 先生们 去加拉加斯的旅客请上船了
…where we are now. Now look here, please.
我们就在这儿 你仔细找找
Can you find Cartagena? – Here?
卡塔基纳在哪儿 -这吗
No, look carefully.
不对 仔细找找
Wait! No, it’s there.
瞧 在那儿呢
Very good, Rafaelito.
不错 拉菲里托
In fact, the boat took us from here, Barcelona,
我们就是从这儿 巴塞罗那上船的
across the Atlantic Ocean into the Caribbean Sea,
穿过了大西洋 进入了加勒比海
and here to Cartagena.
到卡塔基纳
And across these mountains here,
再翻过这些山
will be our new home, Nueva Aragón .
就到了我们的新家 新阿♥拉♥贡
That was quite a voyage!
真是千里迢迢啊
Oh! Diego?
梯亚戈
Diego, what are you doing here?
梯亚戈 你怎么在这儿
I can’t beleive it. We’re only just arrived.
真是太巧了 我们刚到
Well, after 10 years, we won’t have much of a visit.
十年没见 刚见面又要分手了
I sail for Spain tomorrow.
明天我回西班牙
Ah, but perhaps, then, I will convince you to stay. – I can’t.
也许明天我就把你留着 -不会的
I’m sure you remember Maria? – Yes, of course.
还记得玛利亚吗 -当然
Diego, what a wonderful surprise! – Thank you.
梯亚戈 见到你太高兴了 -谢谢
And who’s that? – Rafaelito. Rafaelito, come!
这是谁 -拉菲里托 拉菲里托过来
How do you do, Sir?
你好 先生
Shake hand with the best swordsman in the Old World.
来见见这位当今的一流剑客
And in the New World as well,
往后
I presume, unless you’ve taken my advice…
除非你听了我的忠告
and put away your sword.
现在不再舞枪弄剑了
In this part of the world, that would be very unwise, indeed.
在这一带不弄枪舞剑要吃大亏
Centuries of tradition has left us with…
几百年的习惯使我们产生了一种
a mentality that resists any attempt to change.
抵♥制♥任何变革的心理
Europe is old and set in its ways,
欧洲衰老了、刻板化了
but the New World is the ideal place to create a model…
只有美洲才是能够树立起一种公正
of humanity, and justice in government.
正统理想的地方
Ten years later, and you’re still having the same daydreams.
十年过去了你还抱着这个空想不放
And perhaps, ten years from now, they will have come true.
也许再过十年这些都会实现的
And even you will agree it was worth waiting for.
所以你看这十年并没有白过
Miguel, you’re about to become the governor of a colonial province…
米格尔 你要去当总督的那个领地
Yes.
是的
…that has always been ruled by greed and hatred.
过去一直是一个人欲横流血腥仇杀的地方
In the past? Yes, but– – You can’t change it.
那是过去 以后 -你改变不了
Perhaps not. But I shall die trying.
我宁死 也要为之奋斗
You see Diego, it was God’s will that…
梯亚戈 这是天意
my uncle should die of malaria…
要我叔叔死于疟疾
and that I should take his place as the new governor.
让我来接替他 做新总督
And…
所以
I… shall govern according to God’s will.
我也一定要替天行道
If your uncle died of malaria, it was man’s will, not God’s.
你叔叔要死于疟疾 那是人为的 不是天意
What are you saying?
我不明白
There is no malaria in the eastern provinces.
东部领地根本没疟疾疾病
Maria, pay no attention. He– He’s jok– – I’m not joking, Miguel.
玛利亚 别听他的 他开玩笑 -我没开玩笑 米格尔
You’re if you think you can play…
你在开玩笑
the shining knight in armor without armor.
你以为手无寸铁就能所向无敌
Diego, my honor is my armor! – The armor of the fool!
梯亚戈 我这是替天行道 -这么干是傻瓜
Don’t you call my father a fool!
不许你叫我爸爸傻瓜
He’s the bravest man in the world!
他是最勇敢的人
You’re not as brave as he is!
你就没有他勇敢
You’re the fool! You’re the fool! – Please, Maria.
你是傻瓜 你是傻瓜 -别说了 玛利亚
We have to go to bed.
我们去睡觉了
Don’t you talk that way to my father! – That’s enough now, come along.
就是不许你这样说我爸爸 -够了 走吧
… he had no right to say it, I don’t care!
他无权这么说我爸 我不许他这么说
I’m sorry, Miguel. – Oh, it doesn’t matter.
对不起 米格尔 -没什么
A son is bound to think a lot of his father.
儿子总觉得自己父亲好
Why don’t you stay with me a little longer? – No. Thank you.
你不跟我多坐会儿了 -不了 谢谢
I have to get an early start in the morning.
明儿一早我就得动身
I understand.
那好吧
I’m much too restless to sleep.
这会儿我还不想睡
Perhaps Joaquín will take the evening air with me.
也许华金会陪我出去散散步
He’s, uh, my friend and servant.
他是我的朋友 也是佣人
He can not speak, but he can hear perfectly.
他是哑巴 但是他的耳朵挺灵
So, it was good to see you again.
又见到你真高兴
Good bye, Governor.
再见 总督
Come!
走吧
Thank you.
谢谢
Miguel!
米格尔
Miguel.
米格尔
Kill him.
杀死他
Miguel.
米格尔
Who sent you? – Huerta. Colonel Huerta.
谁派你来的 -威尔塔 威尔塔上校
I want to know why. Why? Why?
派你来干什么 干什么 干什么
No governor must reach Nuova Aragona.
不让别人来新阿♥拉♥贡当总督
Diego, no. Diego, no!
梯亚戈 别 梯亚戈 别
Oh, Diego,
梯亚戈
everywhere I go I find men’s need for violence.
我发现天下人都那么酷爱暴♥力♥
Very well!
那么好吧
No governor will arrive there.
那儿不会用总督了
Yes, he will. A governor will arrive there,
会有的 那儿会有总督的
and he’ll make them pay for this.
要他们以血还血
Believe me!
你放心吧
No, Diego. You can’t go. You’ll go there to kill.
不 梯亚戈 你不能去 你会动杀机的
Save your strength, Miguel, please.
别说话了 米格尔 求求你
Diego, you must promise.
梯亚戈 你要答应
Swear to me, if you go in my place the new governor will never kill.
向我发誓 你要代替我去做总督 就不能动杀机
Remember, Diego, I’m that governor.
要记住 梯亚戈 那总督是我
My principles, my ideas,
我的原则、我的施政纲要
you must keep them alive, Diego.
一定要保持 梯亚戈
Take this seal, and swear on the life of my son.
收下这印记发誓 以我儿女的名义发誓 不能杀人
I have not but a moment.
我的时间不多了
Swear.
起誓吧
I swear.
我发誓
Papa?
爸爸
No, Rafaelito.
不 拉菲里托
It’s me.
是我
Your father had to go away last night…
你♥爸♥爸昨天晚上走了
to take up his post as a government.
上任当总督去了
But why didn’t he take me with him?
他为什么不带着我
Because his job is a very dangerous one.
因为那是很危险的
He had to go alone.
所以单独去了
But you are right.
你说的对
Your father is the best and bravest man in the world.
你♥爸♥爸是一个最勇敢的好人
And for that reason,
所以他一定
he will succeed.
会成功的
Whoa!
哇
Whoa! Whoa!
哇 哇
Gentlemen of the Aristocratic Council,
贵族委员会的先生们
it is 3 months now since our governor died.
总督去世已经三个月了
And his successor has not yet arrived from Spain.
他的继承者 还没有从西班牙来接任
The simple truth is…
无情的事实是
that Spain is too distant from Nueva Aragona.
西班牙 离我们新阿♥拉♥贡太远
And our situation is far too serious to tolerate another moment of delay.
而我们的局势又实在太危险 容不得有半点延误了
Our enemies surround us on every side.
我们处在敌人的包围之中