1937年,路易西安那州
Come on!
来啊!
Hurry up!
快点!
These are the headdresses
这是古代皇后的头饰
of the queens that have gone before us.
这是古代皇后的头饰
They come from Indian holy ground
她们来自印度圣地
the jungles of the ancients
古老的丛林
prairies of the Norwegians
挪威的大草原
and the forests of the mighty Amazons.
以及亚马逊族的雨林
The royal crowns of our people.
我们子民的皇冠
This is the blood of our people.
这是我们子民的鲜血
The wolf people
狼人
the alligator people
鳄鱼人
and the moon women
月女
from which we gain our strengths to rule all worlds.
赋予我们统治全世界的力量
It’s okay, it’s just chocolate.
没关系,只是巧克力
Teensy Melissa Whitman, I declare you
婷喜梅莉莎惠曼
Princess Naked As a Jaybird.
我封你为一♥丝♥不♥挂♥公主
Caro Eliza Bennett, I crown you Duchess Soaring Hawk.
凯柔兰伊丽莎班奈 我封你为飞鹰女公爵
Necie Rose Kelleher, I crown you Countess Singing Cloud.
妮西罗丝凯勒…我封你为吟云女伯爵
And l, Viviane Joan Abbott, am hereby and forever
至于我,薇薇琼安艾波…在此永恒登基为…
Queen Dancing Creek.
舞湾皇后
Wait. I don’t think we should cut ourselves with that knife.
等一下,别拿那把刀割伤自己
Silence!
安静!
We are the flames of the fires, the whirling of the winds.
我们是火焰,风的漩涡
We are the waters of the rains and the rivers and the oceans.
我们是雨水、河水和海水
We are the rocks and the stones.
我们是石堆里的岩石
And now, by the power invested in me, I declare
凭着授与我的权力
we are the mighty Ya-Ya priestesses.
我宣布我们是 伟大的丫丫女祭司
Let no man put us under.
谁都不能拆散我们
Now our blood flows through each other as its done for all eternity.
我们鲜血交融 亘古以来皆如此
Loyal forever.
永远忠诚
We raise our voices in the words of mumbo gumbo.
我们拉高嗓门 喊出胡言乱语
Ya-Ya! -Ya-Ya!
丫丫!
片名:YA–YA私密日记
“许多,许多个月以后”
My mother.
我母亲
What can I say about my mother?
该怎么形容我母亲?
There’s nobody like Vivi Abbott Walker.
世上没有第二个薇薇艾波沃克
She’ll be the first one to tell you that.
她一定会这么告诉你
Mom was loaded with charm, looks, the whole package.
我妈兼具魅力、美貌 什么都有
But damaged. -Wounded.
但有缺陷 受伤
The most charming wounded person ever. – Wounded? How?
你所仅见最有魅力的受伤者 怎么个受伤法?
By the times as much as anything. She had star quality.
受岁月所伤 她拥有明星特质
She wanted a bigger life than being a cotton farmers wife with four kids.
不甘于只当棉农的妻子 和四个小孩的妈
I don’t know.
我不知道
Shes just too complex.
她太复杂了
She can be alarmingly simple
她可以单纯得吓人
and then, suddenly dark and complicated.
突然变得阴郁又复杂
Sidda, is that it?
丝妲,好了没有?
We don’t want to burn the place down. Is that it?
别把这里烧毁 到底好了没有?
That’s exactly it.
好了
But she danced her way through it.
但她泰然地面对逆境
Everybody smoked too much, drank too much, fought too much.
每个人都抽太多烟 喝太多酒、吵太多架
The women manipulated, the men hid out, huddled in their duck camps
女人一手遮天,男人畏畏缩缩 蜷缩在陋屋里 紧握着威士忌酒瓶
waiting for the storm to pass.
等着风暴平息
And yet, it seems like they’re mostly having fun.
但表面上…他们多半都很开心
When you say dark, you mean angry? Violent?
你所谓的阴郁是指怒? 暴戾?
No.
不是,
Even though she knew how to handle a switch or a belt.
虽然她会打我们 用皮带打
Oh, no!
不!
They came from the spare the rod, spoil the childphilosophy.
这是“不打不成器”的 育儿之道
What?
什么?
I owe all my creativity to her.
在许多方面,她给了我创意
If my childhood was easy, I’d have nothing to write about.
若童年愉快 我就没题材可写了
The daughter of a tap-dancing, child-abuser of a mother
跳踢踏舞又虐待儿童的母亲
and a distant, emotionally absent fath
疏远又在情感上缺席的父…
Oh, shit! Oh, shit, Connor!
该死!该死,康纳!
God, this is a disaster. – Its a little harsh.
该死!天哪,这下惨了 有点刺耳
I didn’t mean it that way! -Calm down.
我不是那个意思 镇静
You don’t understand. Give me a Xanax. Please.
你不懂,请给我抗忧郁药
Opening nights only, babe. And that’s your rule.
只有开幕当晚才能吃 那是你自己规定的
All I can say is, I hope this is not a real emergency
我只能说希望不是真的有急事
because I only brought one bottle of vodka.
因为我只带了一瓶伏特加
Vivi?
薇薇?
Were here!
我们来了
I got this.
交给我吧
That ungrateful bitch!
忘恩负义的贱♥人♥!
Who’d have thought she’d be the one to do me in?
谁料得到她会毁了我的名声?
Here, bebe, take a swallow.
来吧,喝一口
It needs Tabasco.
再加点辣酱
Oh, my God. How?!
天哪 怎么会这样?
How could she do it? She was supposed to be the good one!
她怎能这样?她应该最乖才对
You know how long I was in labor with her?
你们知道我阵痛多久 才生下她?
Two hours, not even. – Well, it felt longer!
整整两小时 感觉更久
Never speak to Time magazine. -That writer probably trumped that up.
提醒我再也别和时代杂♥志♥打交道 可能是撰稿人夸大了
Those Yankees like to make us out to be alligator-wrestling bigots.
那些北方佬喜欢…把我们形容得既野蛮又顽固
You should call Sidda, get the facts.
你应该听丝妲辩解 打电♥话♥给她吧
Teensy, since you quit drinking, you don’t think.
婷喜,你戒酒后就神智不清了
How can I possibly call somebody who no longer exists?
我怎么打电♥话♥给不存在的人?
Get the phone.
电♥话♥给我
Oh, my God, that’s her. Do not pick up the phone.
天哪,是她,别接电♥话♥ 请你别接电♥话♥
Connor, don’t pick up the phone!
康纳,别接电♥话♥
Connor, don’t! Don’t do it.
康纳,别接电♥话♥ 别接啊
Hello?
喂?
Hello, Connor. -Hello, Vivi, how are you?
嗨,康纳 薇薇,你好吗?
Well, just lovely. Thank you for asking. Is she there?
好极了,谢谢你的关心 她在吗?
Why did you do that? -She’s fine.
你干嘛接电♥话♥? 她很好
Talk to her.
接她电♥话♥吧
Mama?
妈?
Give it to me! Give it to me!
拿来
Sidda, she’ll have to call you back.
丝妲,她改天再打给你
Tell her she’s dead! She’s dead to me!
我当她死了
Well, what did she say?
她说什么?
I’m sick and tired of her tantrums and drunken rages!
我受够了她喝醉酒就乱发脾气
I heard the ice in the glass, Mama! Sounds of my happy childhood!
我听见酒杯里的冰块声,妈 我快乐童年的声音
Why do you let her get to you?
何必让她激怒你?
What’s wrong with a nice simple: Hi, Mom, love you too, see you later?
只要说:妈,你好吗? 我也爱你,先挂了,再见
What’s wrong with that? -With normal people, you’d be right!
这样不行吗?在正常世界就是要这样
But Vivi Walker -Who’s a grown woman
但薇薇艾波沃克…她是成年妇女
Has never gotten over anything in her privileged, booze-soaked life!
酗酒、自私、堕落、愤世嫉俗
“敬邀薛普沃克伉俪”
“薇薇艾波沃克的遗嘱”
“她一毛钱也拿不到”
Shep
薛普!
Shep, come here!
薛普,过来一下
Oh, my God, she’s gonna do it. -What?
天哪,她要做了 做什么?
Look, she’s gonna marry that boy. I mean, that man.
你看!她要嫁给那个小子 那个男人啦
One: does that mean you two are speaking?
你们母女说话了?
And two: how much is it gonna cost me?
我要花多少钱?
When is it?
几时?
And where is it?
在哪里?
Don’t answer it, it’s her. Don’t!
别接电♥话♥,是她
Hello, Vivi!
嗨,薇薇
Well, hello, Connor.
嗨,康纳
Did you call to talk to Sidda or to hang up?
你是想和丝妲说话或挂电♥话♥?
Tell her I received the invitation
我只想跟她说我收到请帖了
and all I’ll be sending is my condolences to you.
我要向你致哀
I’ll say to you exactly what I’d say to my own mother: grow up.
我想告诉你我对我妈说的话 成熟点吧
Same thing goes for you. Both of you are acting like children.
兴奋什么? 你也半斤八两 你们俩都太幼稚了
Did she just hang up on me?
她挂我电♥话♥?
She hung up on me.
她挂我电♥话♥
How has your old man hung in there for forty-odd years?
你♥爸♥怎么熬得过这四十年?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!