这说不通
It doesn’t make sense.
我不明白怎么会发生这样的事
I don’t understand how something like this happened.
我不知道该怎么办
I don’t know what I’m gonna do.
那曾是我全部的人生 现在却消失了
This has been my whole life, and now it’s gone.
我不知道该怎么办
I don’t know what I’m supposed to do.
我只熟知彭德尔顿产业
Pendleton Industries is all I’ve ever known.
现在全都被夺走了
And now it’s all been taken away.
当别人看见了我的弱点 我会把那个弱点化为力量
When someone sees a weakness in me, I turn that weakness into a strength.
丹妮卡,你真坚强
Danica, you’re so strong.
我做不出这样的事
I don’t think I could do anything like this.
克拉琳达,你可以去争取那块地
You can imagine changing your life…
来改变你的生活
by fighting for the deed to the land, Clarinda.
只要巴塞洛缪离世
Which is only possible if Bartholomew is no longer living.
你永远也不会再得到那块地
You will never get the deed to the land again.
我永远也不会准许
I will never allow it.
把枪放下,你这个傻瓜
Put down that gun, you silly girl.
小心点,巴塞洛缪
Watch your step, Bartholomew.
里奇正赶来
Ridge is on his way.
他仍爱着克拉琳达
And he’s still in love with Clarinda.
贾里德爱着我
And Jared loves me.
克拉琳达
Clarinda…
没错
it’s true.
我为你而来
I’m here for you.
根据一名勇敢女子的真实故事改编
一名特别的女子
这是乔伊的故事 由我,她的外婆来讲讲
This is the story of Joy, as told by me, her grandmother.
每个人都从梦想中的生活开始
Everybody starts out with some kind of dream of what life will be.
鲁迪公车和货车公♥司♥
乔伊的梦想从她爸爸经营的 这家修车厂开始
Joy’s dream started at this metal garage her father ran.
杰基,杰基,往后走 有香蕉和弗兰基
Jackie, Jackie, bo-backie Banana-fana, fo-fackie
菲飞,麦基儿 杰基
Fee-fi, mo-mackie Jackie
我的孙女有个好朋友叫杰基
My granddaughter had a best friend, Jackie.
乔伊,乔伊,男孩子们 有香蕉和礼物
Joy, Joy, bo-boy Banana-fana, fo-foy
我的脚在颤抖
While shivering in my shoes
我才不在乎
I strike a careless pose
还有一个同夫异母的姐姐,佩吉
A half-sister, Peggy.
一条狗
A dog.
没事的,米茨
It’s okay. It’s okay, Mitzy.
父亲
A father.
母亲
A mother…
也就是我女儿
who is my daughter.
外婆,就是我
A grandmother. That’s me.
她在房♥间里做了好多漂亮的东西
She made many beautiful things in her room.
真是神奇
Magic.
有些人很喜欢造东西
Some people love to make things.
他们有耐心,能集中精神 用双手解决问题
They have the patience and the focus to figure it out with their hands.
乔伊就是那样喜欢造东西的人
Joy was one of those people who rejoiced in making things.
我打开通向大♥片♥草地的大门
And I open the gate to the big g reen meadow.
我走进森林
And I went into the forest.
在那我克服了很多危险
And there, I conquered many dangers.
一头狼
A wolf…
和其他吓人的东西
and other scary things.
然后我开始造我自己的房♥子
And then I started to build my very own house…
我会住在那里
where I would live…
然后创造很多美好的东西 让全世界
and make wonderful creations for all the world…
都看到和拥有
to see and have.
或者给住在森林那边
And maybe for the prince and princess…
城♥堡♥里的王子和公主
who lived across the forest, in the castle.
看见吗?
See?
他们相爱着
And they were in love.
因为我造的东西
And maybe they’d invite me over…
他们可能会邀请我去做客
because of the things that I made.
你需要一个帅气的王子 那是你需要的,一个王子
You need a handsome prince. That’s what you need. A prince.
不,我不需要王子
No, I don’t need a prince.
这是超能力,我不需要王子
This is a special power. I don’t need a prince.
我的女儿泰瑞与丈夫分居 独自待在房♥间里
My daughter Terry is separated, and alone in her room…
看肥皂剧
watching soap operas.
克拉琳达,你可以去争取那块地
You can imagine changing your life…
来改变你的生活
by fighting for the deed to the land, Clarinda.
我有样东西给你
I have something for you.
哦,丹妮卡
Oh, Danica…
你真坚强
You’re so strong.
我做不出这样的事
I don’t think I could ever do something like this.
我一直觉得我该鼓励她
I always felt it was for me to encourage her.
所以我说
So I said…
你会长成一名坚强、睿智的聪明女子
You are goi ng to g row up and be a strong, smart young woman…
去上学,遇到一个好男人 有自己漂亮的孩子们
go to school, meet a fine young man, have beautiful children of your own…
创造出像你房♥间里那些 美好的东西来
and you’re gonna build wonderful things that you do in your room.
好吗?
Okay?
这个女孩的梦想如何了?
What happened to this girl’s dreams?
看看吧
Watch this.
妈妈,我找不到工牌的挂绳了
Mother, I can’t find my lanyard for work.
没有它他们不会让我通过机场的安检
They’re not gonna let me through airport security without it.
乔伊,找不到你的挂绳了? 我能帮你吗?
Joy, you can’t find your lanyard? Can I help you?
不用,我…
No, but I…
亲爱的,听着
Honey, listen.
我知道生活并不像 我们多次谈过的那样,亲爱的
I know life hasn’t gone as we discussed many times, sweetheart.
而你的人生也不是刚刚开始
And you don’t exactly have your whole life ahead of you…
但仍有很长的一段路
but you still have a good portion of it, anyway.
面包总会有的
Hope springs eternal.
–谢了,外婆 –不谢
– Thanks, Mimi. – Sure.
妈妈,看我找到了什么
Mother, look what I did find.
那是什么?
What is that?
你怎么能不知道?
How can you ask what this is?
我高中时发明的狗项圈
The dog collar I invented in high school.
记不记得米茨被卡住几次?
Remember Mitzy choked a couple of times?
所以我发明了一个可快速解开的狗项圈
So I invented a dog collar with a quick release…
这样狗永远也不会被卡住
so that a dog would never choke…
我还在上面贴了反光贴 而且它还是个防跳蚤项圈
and I covered it with reflective tape, plus it’s a flea collar.
如果你帮我申请了专利或请个律师
I probably wouldn’t be late to this job I’m going to…
可能我就不用帮人打工了
if you’d gotten me a patent or a lawyer.
实干家乔伊 你总是在造各种东西,亲爱的
Joy the doer, Joy the doer. You were always doing things, honey.
我怎能每一样都记住呢?
How could I be expected to remember everything?
现在哈茨公♥司♥拥有了这个专利权
Now the Hartz company has the patent to that collar.
我不知道怎么申请专利
I don’t know how to get a patent.
那是什么味道?
What is that smell?
这下面怎么会有酸奶,妈妈?
How did you get yogurt down here, Mother?
我也在想那是什么味道呢
I was wondering what that odor was.
已经开始发霉了
It’s starting to mold for Pete’s sake.
是的,因为我不能让生活就这样弃我而去
Yes, I am, because I feel like I cannot have the life bled out of me this way.
乔伊,看谁回来了,看谁回来了!
Joy, look who’s back. Look who’s back!
没错,巴塞洛缪回来了
Yes, Bartholomew is back.
不,不
No, no.
我以为巴塞洛缪已经死了
I thought Bartholomew was dead?
我是个鬼魂
And I’m a ghost.
他化作力量更强的鬼魂回来了
He came back as a ghost with even greater powers.
鬼魂,走开!
Ghost, you go away!
我现在力量更强了
My powers are even greater now.
我做不到,这怎么可能?
I cannot handle this. How is this possible?
别靠近他
Stay away from him.
克拉琳达,即使在坟墓里
Clarinda, you don’t know what a ghost can do to you!
你也不知道鬼魂能把你怎么样!
Even from beyond the grave.
外婆会带你去参加生日会,好吧?
Grandma’s gonna take you to the birthday party, okay?
只要五分钟
Five minutes.
嗨,你们来这干什么?
Hi. What are you doing here?
我来把他还给你,我不想要了
I’m returning him to you. I don’t want him anymore.
什么?
What?
他精神不正常
He’s damaged.
他无处可去
He has no place else to go.
他在我的房♥子里住了两年了
He’s been living in my house for two years.
爸爸,我真抱歉
Dad, I’m so sorry.
但你知道,托尼住在地下室