[helicopter whirring]
[indistinct voice over loudspeaker]
[heartbeat]
[crowd cheering]
[heartbeat pace increases]
[horses galloping]
(改编自真实故事)
[snoring]
[snorts, sighs]
[alarm clock beeping]
[beeping stops]
[dog whimpers]
[water running]
(赛鸽冠军)
[sighs]
今天怎么样?
And how are we today?
你感觉好点了吗?
[quacking]You feeling better? [chuckles]
乖乖的
Be good.
[door opens][quacks]
[horse blusters]
[whirring]
[scanner beeping]
16.83英镑,谢谢
£16.83, please.
32.28英镑,谢谢
£32.28, please.
[sighs]
-嗨,简 -嗨,简
[neighbor 1] Hi, Jan.[neighbor 2] Hi, Jan.
你们好吗,凯西?安妮?
All right, Cath? Anne?
妈妈?
[vacuum cleaner whirring]Mam?
-你还好吗? -我很好,亲爱的
Are you all right?[woman] I’m fine, love.
我不过是跪下来想生个火
I just knelt down to try and light the fire.
结果就站不起来了
Couldn’t get up again. [chuckles]
于是我想干脆就地小憩一会算了
As I was here, I thought I’d have a little sit down.
其实还挺舒服的
Oh! Quite comfy, really.
我当时还以为她不行了
She looked a goner to me.
我要是去扶她,自己也会倒地不起
If I’d tried to get her up,
I’d have ended up on the floor myself.
所以我说:“最好把简叫来吧”
So I said, “Best get Jan.”
我说:“别麻烦她了,她在特易购上班呢”
And I said, “Don’t bother her. She’ll be at Tesco’s.”
是合作社,妈妈,我在合作社上班
[Jan] Co-op, Mam. I work at the Co-op.[vacuum cleaner stops]
我不是跟你说了很多次 让我来生火吗?
And how many times have I told you to leave the fire to me?
我不想什么事都要麻烦你
I hate for you to feel you have to do everything for us.
胡说
[man] Rubbish. All she’s got
要麻烦她照顾的 只有那个没用的布莱恩
is that useless lump, Brian, to look after.
她现在连鸽子都没了
She hasn’t even got the pigeons anymore.
再说了,女儿不就应该照顾爸妈的吗?
Besides, what’s a daughter for if it’s not to look after her mam and dad?
(不会那么糟的 鸽子在陆续回来)
[speaking Welsh]
我不是跟你说过嘛,孩子 你要是住得近,我可以帮衬你
I told you before, son, if you lived closer I could do it
你就不用花钱请保姆了
and you wouldn’t need to pay for a babysitter.
好吧,回头见,再见…
All right. Bye-bye.
[sighs]
我父母总是这样
State of my parents.
爸爸打电♥话♥来,说妈妈摔了一跤
Dad calls, said Mam’s had a fall.
以为她自己中风了,就有点着急
Dashed round thinking she’d had a stroke.
-她还好吗? -没事,又是虚惊一场
She all right?Yeah. She’s just had another funny turn.
如果他们搬来和我们一起住 就方便多了
It’d be so much easier if they moved in here with us.
我们有空房♥ 现在丹尼斯和萨莎都离开家了
We got the room now Dennis and Sasha have flown the nest.
我知道你和爸爸住在同一个屋檐下 可能不太融洽,不过…
I know you and Dad under the same roof might not be a bed of roses, but–
我以前干活的时候可不戴手套 就往手上吐口唾沫,搓一搓就伸进去了
Didn’t use a glove in my day. It was just spit, rub and shove.
记得吗,有一次我把手表落在里面了
[cow bellows]
There was that time I lost my watch up there, mind.
布莱恩
Brian?
我中了欧洲百万彩票
I’ve won the EuroMillions.
-我和邮政部门的约翰好上了 -这帮人根本不会干活
[Brian chuckles]
I’m having an affair with John the post.
[Brian] Absolutely bloody clueless.
-我要离开你了,布莱恩 -真是大开眼界
I’m leaving you, Brian.I’ve seen it all now.
喝什么茶,亲爱的?
What’s for tea, love?
[cow on TV bellows]
[speakers: instrumental music playing]
双臂伸直
[instrumental music continues playing]
保持住,然后转身
[chattering]
-叉腰 -我刚才差点撞车了
[man] I nearly crashed my car earlier.
那些野马又下山了
Those wild ponies are down off the mountain again.
是啊,因为薯条和咖喱酱太香了
[man 2] Aye. Lured by chips and curry sauce.
振作点,格温,可能只是虚惊一场
Cheer up, Gerwyn. Might never happen.
你是说,你付了酒钱吗? 我听出这话里的意思了
You mean you paying your bar tab? I’d already drawn that conclusion.
不能再赊账了
No more credit.
我告诉你们,孩子们
[man] I’m telling you, boys.
我们的马,“可爱的杰玛” 正在进行它一生中最重要的比赛
Our horse, Sweet Gemma, was in the race of her life.
你们知道它的优势在哪里吗? 它是好品种
And you know what gave her the edge? Her good breeding.
它是真正的纯种马
[man 2] Bona fide thoroughbred she was.
绕过大弯后,它仍然跑得很好
[man] Coming round the far bend, she’s still going well.
比第三匹马领先了大约四个马位
She’s about four lengths clear of the third horse.
我已经跑到前面去了 然后我就看不见它了
I’m already running down to the front.
我想它倒下了,我的马摔倒了
And then I lose sight of her.
I think she’s gone down. My horse has fallen.
于是我惊慌失措,拼命冲向赛道
And so I panic, and I’m fighting my way down to the track.
结果发现它就在那里 “可爱的杰玛”正奋力冲刺
And there she is, Sweet Gemma, giving it everything she’s got,
最终从外侧的赛道冲了过来 赢得了比赛!
and she comes through on the outside and wins!
我弯腰钻过栏杆…
[men laughing, chattering]
-完全违规 -完全违规
I duck under the rails–[man 3] Totally illegal.
…跑过赛道向它道贺
[man] Totally illegal, and I run across the track to congratulate her.
它是我的马,它赢了!
She was my horse, and she won!
-我以前没在这里见过他 -你要有远大的梦想
[laughing]
Haven’t seen him in here before.
霍华德·戴维斯,他是会计师什么的 以前常在十字钥匙喝酒
[man 3] You gotta dream big.
Howard Davies, accountant-type.
现在每周四打完壁球后就会来这里
Used to drink up the Cross Keys.
Started coming in here Thursdays after squash.
-他有一匹赛马,是吗? -有过
Owns a racehorse, does he?
参加过联合组织,后来出事了
Owned. Part of a syndicate. Till it all went tits up.
-出什么事了? -他不喜欢提起这事
What happened?He doesn’t like to talk about that bit.
-好吧 -据说,他几乎倾家荡产
[Jan] Oh, aye.
钱财、房♥子、老婆,全没了
Word is, he almost lost everything:
pile of cash, house, missus.
苦味啤酒卖♥♥光了
[tap gurgles]Bitter’s gone.
-谁要再喝一杯? -我们走之前吗?
[Howard] Who’s having one more? Before we go?
屈膝
对,好了,我给你们讲个故事…
[men chattering]
来六瓶时代啤酒
Six Stella, please.
-你是霍华德,对吗? -没错
Howard, is it?That’s right.
您之前养过赛马吧?无意中听到的
Owned a racehorse, I gather?
Couldn’t help overhearing.
-这生意一定很费钱吧 -什么?
Must be an expensive business.What?
买♥♥赛马
To buy one.
我想想,奥马里酋长刚花了 一千六百万买♥♥下了法国越者
Well, let’s see,
Sheikh Omari just shelled out 16 million for French Over,
也就是威尔士国家障碍 赛马大会的冠军马
winner of the Welsh Grand National.
提醒一下,那是美元,不是英镑 其实比你想象的要便宜
Mind you, that was dollars, not pounds,
so it’s more affordable than you think.
-帮忙拿过来好吗?谢谢 -你长胳膊了,不是吗?
Bring them over can you, please? Thanks.
You’ve got arms, haven’t you?
格温说记在我账上
Gerwyn said to put it on my slate.
[Brian snoring]
[whirring]
(飞奔!-前进)
(竞赛-马和猎犬)
六号♥走道有东西洒了
[woman] There’s a spillage in aisle six.
看起来像咖喱鸡
It looks like chicken korma.
(纯种马竞赛与育种的 行业领导指南)
(赛马场目录)
(领先的英国和爱尔兰血统)
(英国顶级平地驯马师)
(戈夫一岁幼畜销♥售♥)
(英国顶级跳跃驯马师 2001/2002)
[sighs]
-喝什么茶,亲爱的? -刚开始准备
What’s for tea, love?Just starting on it now.
你好
Hello.
(最好的种马能繁殖出成功的后代)
你不会相信的
You are not gonna believe this.
这山羊得了皮癣
The goat’s got ringworm.
现在这只鸭子 也跟其他鸭子一样患上了禽掌炎
And now this duck has got bumblefoot like the others.
(需要在睾丸上施麻醉 才能让它无痛感)
[man speaking on TV]
(余额)
Here, this fella’s making a complete balls-up of castrating this alpaca.
这家伙在阉♥割♥羊驼 场面被他搞得一团糟
这个活需要两个人干
It’s a two-man job, see.
一人按腿,另一人咔嚓一声就剪掉
One to hold him down by the legs and the other to nip off the squealers.
你能把它关掉吗?
Could you turn that off?
[TV off]
我想让你帮我买♥♥一匹母马
I want you to help me buy a mare.
你这个年纪是学不会骑马的
You’ll never learn to ride at your age.
我要培育一匹赛马
I’m going to breed a racehorse.
那我下周六还要为威尔士队打跑位前锋呢
Aye, and I’m gonna play fly-half for Wales next Saturday.
我培育过虎皮鹦鹉、兔子、惠比特犬
I bred budgies, rabbits, whippets.
我还得了奖,不是吗?
Won prizes, didn’t I? And pigeons.
还有鸽子,想当年我可是威尔士 公开赛上第一位获胜的女性

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!