自从有历史记载开始 在所有的战争中
同时也用以纪念这群男人做出的贡献
男人都要面对双重的战斗
首先 他们要拿着刀剑或者机关枪战斗
其次 他们还要面对没有这些武器的战斗
总之迄今为止 这次战斗是最伟大的一次战役
是对信念和生存意志的考验和挑战
最终 他们获得了最后的胜利
这就是有关那样一群男人的故事
这个故事是为所有男人而叙说
片名:《男人本色》
很糟糕的一枪 或者他很没耐心
That was a bad shot, or else he was impatient.
他应该对准我的头部 但是他打到了我的后背
He must’ve aimed for my head, but he got me in the back.
我极度恐惧 腰部以下没有任何感觉
I was scared. I couldn’t feel anything from my waist down.
我想我就要死了
I thought I was dying.
非常好笑
It’s funny.
非常 非常好笑
我怕我马上要死了
It’s very, very funny.
I was afraid I was gonna die.
现在我怕我还活着
Now I’m afraid I’m gonna live.
“哦 中尉 数月之后你又能走动自如了”
“Oh, you’ll be walking again in a couple of months,
几个月?
Lieutenant Wilczek.”
几个月?
How many months?
我还不清楚
I’ve lost count.
但是让我们保留这个问题 士兵 跟着我念
But let’s keep it gay. Soldier, repeat after me:
现在战争结束了 我很高兴我还留着半条命
“The war’s over now, and I’m glad I’m still half alive.
我是幸运的…
I’m a lucky-”
对待银星勋章的好办法
A fine way to treat a Silver Star. – Turn the light out.
把灯关掉
晚安
Good night.
你知道是怎么回事
You know how it is.
你读了很多东西 也听到了许多事情
You read a lot of things. You hear a lot of things.
你得到了不少错误情报 本来应该知道很清楚的
You get a lot of misinformation from people who oughta know better.
好 让我们总结一下经验教训
Okay, let’s summarize what we’ve learned.
半身不遂是脊髓受到损伤的一种结果
Paraplegia is the result of an injury to the spinal cord.
短暂的休息导致了…
That break in the cord causes immediate and lasting paralysis…
下半身持续性地麻痹
of motion and feeling in the lower body.
大体上 在不同时期 大部分半身麻痹患者病人
In general, most paraplegic patients will, at various times,
都遭受了所有下列症状
suffer all of the following symptoms:
疼痛 肌肉抽筋
pain, muscular spasms, bed sores,
膀胱和肠的麻痹
paralysis of the bladder and bowels.
然而 所有这些可能而且能被控制…
However, all of these may and can be controlled…
通过医学治疗 外科手术 适当的营养
by medical therapy, surgery, proper nutrition,
身体复原检查和自我关心
physical rehabilitation and self-care.
最后就是走路的问题
Lastly, the question of walking.
几乎每个病例中“走路”这个词都被遗忘
In almost every case, the word “walk” must be forgotten.
而且不再存在
It no longer exists.
简单地说 大多数的半身麻痹患者…
In short, most paraplegics…
必须和轮椅终身为伴
must content themselves with life in a wheelchair.
使你们自己接受这个事实
Make yourselves accept that.
对患者来说会相对容易一点
It’ll make it a lot easier for them.
好了 我说了很久
Well, I’ve talked a long time.
也许你们有想要问的一些问题
Perhaps there are some questions you’d like to ask.
医生 我的男孩 他只有19岁
Doctor, my boy – he’s only 19.
是的
I know.
但是通过适当的照料 他有可能活到90岁
But with proper care, he may live to be 90.
布洛克医生 是吗?
Doctor-Brock, is it?
好吧 这种情况要通过一些治疗
Well, this condition- there must be some cure.
半身不遂不等于宣判死刑
Paraplegia isn’t a death sentence any longer.
我很高兴宣布 在这个医院中
I’m happy to say that in this hospital…
死亡率远远低于百分之三
the mortality rate has been less than three percent.
我不是指那个 我是说背骨受伤
I didn’t mean that. I meant the spine injury.
当然有一些方法一定可以治愈它
Surely there must be some way of healing it.
一定有这方面的专家
There must be specialists somewhere.
女士 还没有已知的医疗科学方法…
Madam, there is no method known to medical science…
用于脊髓再生
for the regeneration of spinal cord tissue.
没有
None.
医生
Doctor,
我的丈夫和我
my husband and I,
我们有一个小女孩
we have a little girl.
我们总是想拥有一个大家庭
We’ve always wanted to have a large family,
如果现在我们准备再要一个孩子
but now if we could just have at least one more for the child’s sake.
这有可能吗?
恩 难说
Will it be possible?
某些情况下是可能的
Well, that’s difficult to say.
然而 我不能在这里的讨论你的丈夫
In some cases, it is possible.
However, I can’t discuss your husband here.
我很乐意随时与你见面
I’ll be happy to meet with you whenever you say.
布洛克医生 那膀胱和肠呢?
Dr. Brock, what about the bladder and bowels?
对他们的影响严重到了什么地步?
How badly are they affected?
大多数的男人都发现 他们是有能力再训练他们自己…
Most men find that they’re capable of retraining themselves…
而且及时使这些功能形成规律
and in time achieving regularity in these functions.
还有问题吗?
Any more questions?
布洛克医生
Dr. Brock.
我们已经结婚九年
We’ve been married nine years.
我认为我和我的丈夫彼此很了解
I thought my husband and I knew each other as well as anyone could,
而且我想维持我们的婚姻
and I want to keep our marriage going.
但是…他改变如此之大
But… he’s so changed.
他变了
He’s different.
他不是变了 他也是脊髓受伤
He isn’t different.
He’s the same man with a spinal cord injury.
但是当我…我确切地知道现在他很不快乐
But when I try… – Oh, I know right now he’s unhappy.
他很沮丧 他感觉他自己完全要依赖别人
He’s depressed.
He feels himself totally dependent on others.
他在心里想着 我不再是一个男人 因为我不能使一个女人快乐
He says to himself, “I’m not a man any longer.
I can’t make a woman happy.”
是不是他一时难以接受这个事实?
ls it any wonder he finds it difficult to adjust to the situation?
但是…这需要多长时间?
But… how long will it take?
面对它 这需要时间 也需要耐心
Face it It’s going to take time.
为你自己 也为他
It’s going to take patience.
For you and for him.
但是…我们还会有共同的地方吗?
But… will we have anything in common now?
不多 也不会比以前少
No more, no less than you had before.
布洛克医生
Dr. Brock,
如果你是女人 你会与一个半身麻痹患者结婚吗?
if you were a woman, would you marry a paraplegic?
最好在我想要结婚的时候来问我这个问题
Might as well just ask me if I want to get married, period.
我的答案是“不会”
And the answer to that is no.
然而 这位年轻女士与我们的一个病人结婚了
However, this young lady here is marrying one of our patients.
你应该给她做检查
You might check with her.
还有任何其他的问题吗?
Any other questions?
如果没有 我想我们延期会议吧?
If not, suppose we adjourn the meeting?
当你有任何问题的时候 请随意向我咨♥询♥
And please feel free to consult with me whenever
you have any problems.
因为你会的 晚安
Because you will. Good night.
晚安 晚安
Good night. Good night.
医生?
Doctor?
还有问题? 我想是的
More questions? – I’m afraid so.
这里有你一个病人 巴德
You have a patient here named Bud Wilczek.
肯尼斯
Kenneth Wilczek.
在他出国之前 我们会有很多事情做
We were engaged before he went overseas.
在他受伤之后 他老是写还说“一切都完了”!
Well, after he was hurt, he wrote and said it was all off.
他甚至从不让我见他
He’s never even let me come to see him.
为什么你不让他一个人待着呢?
Why don’t you leave him alone?
因为他并不是真的想那样 我知道他不想
Because he doesn’t really want it that way.
我知道他为什么有这样的反应 我不是傻瓜
I know he doesn’t.
I know why he’s acting like this. I’m no fool.
此外 刚刚你非常清楚地说了
Besides, you made it very clear just now.
你何不写信给他?
Why don’t you write to him?
我当然有 但是他没有回复
I have, naturally. He doesn’t answer.
我很确信 你将会帮助我
I was so sure you’d help me.
你不知道吗? 这是我跟着他来的第三家医院了
Don’t you understand?
This is the third hospital I’ve followed him to.
是的 我知道 你想要什么做?
Yes, I understand. What do you want to do?
我想要与他结婚 为什么?
I want to marry him. – Why?
为什么?很普通的理由 你有父母吗?
Why? For the usual reasons.
是的 他们和你想法一样吗?
Do you have parents?
为什么不是? 不管怎样 不是他们和他结婚 是我
Yes. – Do they feel as you do?
Why shouldn’t they?
好 你想要我做什么?
Anyway, they’re not engaged to him; I am.
Well, what do you want me to do?
你是他的医生 你可以和他谈谈
You’re his doctor. You could talk to him.
我不能干涉他的私生活
I can’t interfere in his personal life.
你认为他不需要我吗? 你认为我不能帮助他吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!