好吧 1949年我离开纽约
Well, I left New York 1949.
(要)穿越整个国家 手上没有父亲给的一个硬币
(To) go across the country (wi) thout a dad-blame dime.
蒙大拿州是寒冷的 寒冷的秋季
Montana in the cold, cold fall.
在赌场里找到我的父亲
Found my father in the gambling hall.
父亲 父亲你去哪里了?
Father, father, where have you been?
自从我10岁以来 他一直在这里
Been out here in the world since I was 10.
亲爱的儿子 他说 不要担心我
Dear son, he said, don’t worry about me.
我将死于胸膜炎
I’m about to die of pleurisy.
穿越密西西比州 穿越田纳西
Cross the Mississippi, cross the Tennessee,
穿越尼亚加拉 我永远不会回家了
cross the Niagara, home I’ll never be.
家在梅多拉 家在特拉基
Home in Ol’Medora, home in Ol’ Truckee.
阿巴拉契科拉河,我永远不会回家
Apalachicola, home I’ll never be.
无论是好是坏 (和这条路)同甘共苦
For better or worse, through thick and thin.
好似要和小女人结婚
Like being married to the little woman.
上帝爱我 就像我爱他
God loved me just like I loved him.
他愿我行事如他待我
Wants you to do just the same for him.
虫子吃光尸体也不要担心 (化作尘土)且随风行
Well, the worms eat away but don’t worry, watch the wind.
虫子吃光尸体也不要担心 (化作尘土)且随风行
The worms eat away but don’t worry, watch the wind.
所以我离开蒙大纳 打赏一辆去往福瑞特的列车
So I left Montana in an Ol’freight train.
那晚我父亲死在冰冷 冰冷的雨里
The night my father died in the cold, cold rain.
驱车到奥珀卢瑟斯 去翁迪德尼
Rode up to Opelousas, rode to Wounded Knee,
去到奥加拉拉 我永远不会回家
Rode to Ogallala, home I’ll never be.
驱车到俄克拉荷马 去埃尔卡洪
Rode to Oklahoma, rode to El Cajon.
驱车到蒂哈查皮 去圣安东尼
Rode to Tehachapi, rode to San Antone.
我回不去的家 我回不去的家
Home I’ll never be. Home I’ll never be.
回不去了我的家
Home I’ll never be.
在
路
上
有空位置吗?
Got room for one more?
当然有 来吧
Yeah, sure, hop in.
这里每个人都有位置
There’s room for everybody.
好
Alright.
谢谢 兄弟!
Thanks, brother!
哟嘿!
Whooooee!
上路了!
Here we go!
等会 兄弟 等会儿
Hang on, brother, hang on.
你们都是从哪里来的?
Where you guys from?
北达科塔
North Dakota.
我们去收割庄稼
We’re headed for the harvest.
谢了
Thanks.
你呢?
What about you?
蒙大拿
Montana.
你是想去什么地方 还是就想搭车上路?
So, you going someplace, or you just going?
就是想搭车上路
I guess I’m just going.
你有钱吗?
You got any money?
够我们到丹佛时喝一瓶威士忌
I got enough for a pint of whiskey till we reach Denver.
你得承认 如果你把它们(鞋)扔在地上
You reckon if we put them things in the ground,
准有东西跳出来
something will grow up?
我要是太饿了 就把它们生吃了!
If I get hungry enough, I plan to eat them raw!
顺带给你们分点!
I’ll share them with you!
恶~
Aww.
我得到了一个纯洁的女孩
Oh I got a pretty little girl.
十六岁的她甜蜜又可爱
She’s sweet sixteen.
她会是你见过的
She’s the prettiest little thing.
最纯洁的小东西
You ever seen.
我得到了一个纯洁的女孩
I got a pretty little girl.
十六岁的她甜蜜又可爱
She’s sweet sixteen.
她会是你见过的
She’s the prettiest little thing.
最纯洁的小东西
You ever seen.
我得到了一个纯洁的女孩
Oh I got a pretty little girl.
十六岁的她甜蜜又可爱 她是我见过的 最纯洁的小东西
She’s sweet sixteen.
她是我见过的 最纯洁的小东西
She’s the prettiest little thing I ever seen.
五个月之前
Leo Paradise 生前所爱甚多
Leo Paradise loved many things.
即便他生命中有一部分从未离开他的出生地魁北克
Though part of him never left his native Quebec,
之后他和爱妻Gabrielle搬来这个国家
when he moved to this country, with his dear wife Gabrielle,
他发自肺腑地爱上了这片土地
he loved it with all his heart.
现在 他和他失落的爱子Gerard 将在一个更美好的地方重逢
Now, he joins his departed son Gerard in a better place.
你还好吗?
Are you all right?
以圣父、圣子、圣灵的名义
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
我没事
I’m all right.
很好
I’m good.
书中是作者离婚后不久
第一次遇到Dean是在我父亲去世后不久
I first met Dean not long after my father died.
那时我刚刚生了一场大病 对此我不想再提及了
I’d just gotten over a serious illness that I won’t bother to talk about
不过它的确与我父亲的死
except that it really had something to do with my father’s death,
以及我那一切皆死的糟糕感觉有关
and my awful feeling that everything was dead.
“我们去喝一杯吧” 我的好伙伴Sal说
“Let’s go for a drink”, says my buddy Sal.
我如约而至你猜发生什么了? Sal Paradise的生气全无
But I show up and guess what? No Sal Paradise.
取而代之的只是一个无聊、沉思的哑巴
A boring, brooding mute has been inserted in his place.
噢真的么 Carlo
Oh really, Carlo.
那我们来这儿到底是为了谈点什么呢?
Well, what’s there to talk about exactly?
谈我那搁笔停写的书?
The book I’m not writing?
还是我枯竭的灵感?
The inspiration I don’t feel?
连啤酒都索然无味
Even the beer’s flat.
我是说 看看周围的人
I mean, look around, man.
所有一切都无聊乏味
Everything’s stultified.
没错 但这些都是暂时的忧虑
True, but these are temporary worries.
人生漫长 奇绝 又陌生
Life is long and wondrous and strange.
看着我 Sal
Look at me, Sal.
我浑身上下都充满灵感
I’m full of inspiration.
我的心是一个充满了回音和感悟的房♥间
My mind is a veritable echo chamber of epiphanies.
挖掘灵感 “空气陈黯
Dig it “The air is dark.
夜色悲凉……”
The night is sad…
我给你再拿一杯啤酒!
I’ll get you another beer!
太好了 非常棒 Carlo!
Bravo, very nice, Carlo!
Chad
Chad.
我把全城翻遍了找你 流氓
I’ve been looking all over town for you hoodlums.
你好吗?
How you doing, man?
听着 记得我跟你们说的那件事吗?
Listen, remember that thing?
我那个丹佛的犯罪分子朋友?
Jailbird friend of mine from Denver?
那个偷了500辆汽车的?
The one that stole 500 cars?
那个我一直叨念着的?
The one I’ve been raving about?
他不是以为我们真信他确有其人吧?
He didn’t think we really believed that, did he?
关于Dean的第一份资料出自Chad King
First reports of Dean came to me through Chad King,
他给我和Carlo看过Dean给他写的信
who’d shown me and Carlo a few letters from him,
那些信都寄自科罗拉多的一个劳♥改♥学校
writtenfrom a Colorado reform school.
来吧 我们走吧!
Come on man, let’s go!
伟大的Dean等着呢!
The great Dean awaits!
Dean已抵达纽约
Dean had arrived in New York.
他刚刚娶了一个16岁的名为Marylou的姑娘
He’d just married a 16- year-old chick, named Marylou.
纽约 1947年
来吧 先生们
Come on, gentlemen.
更上一层楼
One more.
噢 看看谁在我家门口 老Chad King!
Well, now, look who’s at my doorstep, old Chad King!
你好吗 牛仔?
How’s it going, cowboy?
我是Sal
I’m Sal.
Sal
Sal.
握力强劲啊
Strong grip.
是 是 是!
Yes, yes, yes!
Sal和Carlo 作家朋友
Sal and Carlo, the writer pals.
我听说过你们所有的事
I’ve heard all about you gone cats.
我们想和你谈些尼采的鸿篇巨制
We’re going to orient you into the Nietzschean ways of the big bad city.
当然也想吸你的大♥麻♥
And smoke your weed, of course.
嗯 是啊 我有好多呢!
Well, yes, we got plenty of that!
Marylou 别赖着 来给我们弄点咖啡
Marylou, why don’t you get on the ball and make us some coffee?
我的作家朋友来了 进来吧
My writer friends are here Come on in.
嘿 嘿!
Hey hey!
把鞋子先都脱了
Take your shoes off.
啥?
Yeah?
不用 我开玩笑的
No, I’m just kidding.
Billie Holiday – Don’t Explain
哭泣 听到人们喋喋不休