交给我吧,谢谢
I’ll take that. Thank you.
在我路易斯安那州贫民窟的家乡
Where [grew up, Louisiana, cedar grove…
大家都不打网球 我们忙着躲避三K党的迫♥害♥
Tennis was not a game peoples played. We was too busy running from the klan.
但我对某事产生兴趣时就会努力学习
But here it is, when I’m interested in a thing, [learn it.
研读规则,仿效此行精英的做法
How it works, how the best peoples in the world do it.
我就是这样学习网球,并教育女儿
And that’s what I did with tennis, with the girls.
综观网坛内所有的发球高手 山普拉斯、蓝道、康诺斯
If you look at the biggest servers;Sampras, lendl, Connors, you’ll see the break of their wrists
他们发球时手腕快速下甩,像在击掌
is like a smack, like a high-five.
击球就是要这样的效果
That’s what you’re looking for when you hit it.
那个啪的一声
That “pop.”
我们只需加入个俱乐部,练习和参加特训
All we need is a club… For training, and clinics, the whole deal.
我女儿们就能从网球神童晋升成职业球星
Everything the girls need to go from prodigy to pro.
我已经替她们写好长达78页的职业生涯规划
I wrote me a 78-page plan for their whole career before they was even born.
我在1977年看过一场网球赛
It was 1977, I had watched this tennis match…
这位叫维吉尼亚·鲁西奇的女孩
And, uh, I seen them get this girl, Virginia ruzici,
只参赛四天,就获得四万美元奖金
$40,000 for four days’ work.
而我年薪只有五万两千美元
And since I knew I had only made $52,000 all year,
我立刻知道自己入错行了
I knew I was in the wrong business.
那天我回家就跟老婆说 “我们得再生两个孩子”
Went home that night, told the wife, “we need to make two more kids.”
当晚我就写下两个计划 一个给维纳斯,一个给瑟琳娜
So that night I wrote up the plan. One for Venus, one for Serena.
很好,再往前一点 -包括网球训练
All right. Step in a little bit more. – Cover their whole tennis…
还有教育规划、外语学习等等
Cover their education, foreign languages, everything.
现阶段的目标… -好,别打这么远
And now that plan say… – All right, shorten it up.
是来寻求你的帮助,训练她们成为冠军
It’s time for us to come see you to help turn them into champions.
我知道你心里一定在想
Now, I know what you thinking,
这个来自贫民窟的家庭怎么请得起我
“this family is from the ghetto. How they gonna pay old me?”
这你别担心,我们不是来占你便宜
Well, don’t you worry about that. We’re not here to Rob ya.
我们是要帮你发大财
We here to make you rich.
有考虑过改打篮球吗?
You ever think about basketball?
祝你好运,我…
Best of luck to you, I…
你这是错失良机,但我不跟你计较
Okay, you making a mistake, but I’m gonna let you make it.
好的 -好
Okay. – All right.
你的裤子看起来很贵 -是很贵
Them pants look expensive. – Oh, they are.
若每来一个对子女信心爆棚的疯狂家长
If I had a dollar for every crazy parent
我就能获得一块钱的话
that told me their kid would make it to number one,
我早就发财了
well, I’d be a rich man.
你看起来是很有钱 -你说对了
You look pretty rich to me. – Well, there you go.
你的站位需要再放开一点
You need to open your stance up a little more.
你的站位太封闭了
Your stance too closed.
瑟琳娜,那一叠书比你还重
Serena, those books are bigger than you are.
才不会,我拿得动,我能拿比你多
No, they’re not. I can do it. I can carry more than you.
然后让背拉伤吗? -要比赛吗?
And break your back while you’re at it? – Wanna bet?
瑟琳娜!
Serena!
电♥话♥簿!
Phone book!
电♥话♥簿
Phone book.
电♥话♥簿
Phone book!
电♥话♥簿
Phone book.
电♥话♥簿! -女孩们
Phone book! 鈥攇irls.

Hey.
就说我会赢 -你作弊
Told you I’d win. – You cheat.
史崔克兰太太,你好 -谢谢
Hi, Mrs. Strickland. – Thank you.
你们得劝劝老爸,别把你们逼那么紧
Now, you need to go tell your father to stop working you so hard.
我看过你们在雨中练习,太扯了
I seen y’all practicing in the rain. The man is crazy.
女孩们,赶快回家
Girls. Y’all go ahead back in the house.
去跟姐姐们说,我们很快就出发了
Tell your sisters we leaving in a few minutes.
晚点再把电♥话♥簿发完
We’ll deliver the rest of them books later.
我再次警告你,别跟我小孩乱说话
I ain’t gonna tell you again, do not talk to them kids.
不好意思,是她们自己跑来的
Excuse me. They came onto my lawn.
总得有人让她们知道,你把她们逼太紧了
And somebody has gotta, as hard as you’re working ’em.
她们就是得这么努力才不会流落街头
They work as hard as they need to to stay off these streets.
我家注定要养出冠军
I’m in the champion-raising business.
我还写了本书,就快写完了
I got a book about it about to come out soon.
或许送一本给你女儿
Maybe I give a copy to your daughter.
提醒一下,她在哪打工? -滚出我的院子
Remind me which corner she working on? – Get off my property.
理查德,别理那个好管闲事的女人 -别再跟我孩子说话
Richard, leave that nosy woman alone. – Yeah, just stop talking to my kids.
你穿的是什么热裤,好歹要大件点!
Got your little Booty-hugging shorts. You need some bigger shorts!
她只是想要激怒你
You know, she just wanna rile you up.
我得去上班了 -好的
I gotta get to work. – All right.
我倒觉得你这护士鞋让我眼前一亮
I think you riling me up with them little nurse shoes on.
我好喜欢你的护士鞋 -快带女孩去练球吧
I love them little nurse shoes. – Get these girls to practice.
好,祝你一切顺心 -你也是
All right. Have a good day. – You, too.
对,我有带功课
Yes, I have my homework.
想击球更有力就要记得扭腰
Keep turning those hips if you wanna get that power.
再见,妈妈
Bye, mom.
谭蒂,天啊,你真是个书呆子 -住嘴
Tunde, dang, you’re a nerd. – 鈥攕top.
你为何要在周六做功课?
Why you doing homework on a Saturday?
因为我想考90分 你这种80分学生应该试试
Because I am trying to get an a. You should try it with your b-plus.
爸爸,我们今天要去哪练习?
Where are we practicing today, daddy?
对,去哪练习? -在一间俱乐部
Yeah, where are we practicing? – At the club.
还有瑟琳娜,别当维纳斯的应声虫
And Serena, stop saying everything Venus say.
希望他们今天不要偷我们的球
Hope they don’t steal our balls again.
小琳,是你唆使的吧 这样我们才不用练习
Lyn, you probably told ’em to do it so we wouldn’t have to practice.
今天我们有一整车的球
We got us a Van full of balls.
而且你们不用担心别人做什么
And you don’t need to be worrying about what other folks is doing anyway.
只要管好自己就行了
You need to worry about what you doing.
我们是来精进自己的,只要担心这点就行
We out here getting great, that’s what we need to be worrying about.
你们懂吗?
You understand that?
是的,爸爸,懂了 -很好
Yes, daddy, we do. – All right.
跟逝去的先人打招呼 -逝去的先人好
Oh.- Say hi to the peoples that’s gone. – Hi to the people that’s gone.
我们感觉好像在教堂
I feel like I’m in church.
谁准备好要打拼了? -我们准备好要打拼了!
Okay, who ready to work? – We’re ready to work!
再说一次 -我们准备好要打拼了,爸爸
Say again? – 鈥擶e’re ready, daddy.
很好,我就爱听你们这么说
All right, all right. That’s what I like to hear.
用脚尖着地,跑步声太笨重了
Stay up on your toes. You’re making too much noise.
理查德,你很少放假,对吧?
King Richard, don’t get much rest ever, do you?
怠惰的人只能做白日梦
Don’t nothing come to a sleeper but a dream.
(你是赢家!)
你想摔下来吗?我会把你丢下去
Are you ready to be dropped?
(若不设定计划,就只能随波逐流)
‘Cause I will drop you.
糟糕,小心
Oh, no, watch out. Watch out.
就是这样
There you go.
像那样甩出手腕,在顶端用力甩出
Keep that wrist like the smack. It’s like with the “pop” on top.
往天上丢,用力丢过网
Throw it to the sky. Get this one over the fence.
我喜欢,对,就是那样
I like that. Yeah, that’s it.
就是那样!
There you go!
第一项训练 只要谁打中就能拿到一块钱
First drill. Whoever hit that, one dollar.
对,很有力
Yes, yes, good power.
对,就是那样
Yes, there you go. There you go.
很好!玛蒂娜,你得小心我们了
Yes! Ooh, watch out, martina.
挥拍快一点
Speed that racket head up.
就差一点,维纳斯·威廉姆斯!
Oh! Almost, Venus Williams!
正手拍
Forehand.
维持开放式站位,不然我来挠你痒痒
Yes, you keep that stance open or else I’MMA come down there and tickle you.
很好,来接球,就是这样
Very good. Get to it. Get to it.There you go! There you go!
别等球飞向你,过去接球,对
Don’t wait for that ball, go get it. Yes.
这个距离很好
Good depth, good depth there.
转换到反手拍
Switch it backhand.
别过于兴奋,这是你的主场
Don’t get too excited. This is your game.
打得越高越好,往天上飞
Get it all the way up to that cotton picker.All the way up to the sky.
维纳斯·威廉姆斯,过来这里
Yes, Venus Williams. Come on in here.
今天非常好,你们表现出色
That’s a very, very good day today. You did good work.
维纳斯·威廉姆斯,谁是你最好的朋友?
Venus Williams… – Hm? – Who is your best friend? – You, daddy.
是你,老爸
Serena Williams…
瑟琳娜·威廉姆斯,谁是你最好的朋友?
Who is your best friend? – Venus.
维纳斯,再来才是你,别介意 -你太扯了
Then you, after Venus. It’s okay. – That’s unbelievable. That’s unbelievable.
给你们老爸一个吻
Give your daddy a kiss.
谢谢,好了
Thank you. All right.
你们先去把球捡回来
Y’all go ahead, uh… get the… Pick the balls and everything up.
你好,抱歉,你叫什么名字?
How you doing? I’m sorry, what’s your name, mama?
别这样,亲爱的,我们只想跟你聊聊
You ain’t gotta act like that, love. We just tryin’ to talk to you, that’s all.
谭蒂!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!