谢谢你,阿诺德 我…自己来
[ Man ] Oh, thank you, Arnold. I- I can manage that.
可我还是不明白 为什么你们不能再多等几周
But I still don’t see why you couldn’t wait a couple of weeks.
为何大老远跑去洛基?
Why go all the way up to Loki?
我们想听格丽斯 玛康佳的演说 况且她不会来内罗毕(肯尼亚首都)
[ Woman ] Well, we want to hear Grace Makanga speak, and she won’t be coming to Nairobi.
了解
I see.
亲爱的,别为送行而苦恼 都让你变老了
Oh, sweetheart, don’t bother to see us off. lt could be ages.
好,那么…
Okay, well- [ Kissing ]
光站着都嫌热 – 是啊
lt’s too hot to be standing around. lf you’re sure.
再见 – 再见,阿诺德
Bye. Bye, Arnold.
我来帮你拿 – 谢谢
Let me take your bag for you. Thank you.
再见,亲爱的
Bye, sweetheart.
那么…过几天见
See you in, uh- in a couple of days.
大英特派使节团
桑迪,他到了
Sandy, he’s here.
嗨,请进,你好,桑迪 又让你捉住我在园艺了
Hi. Come in. Oh, hi, Sandy. You caught me skiving, l’m afraid.
格洛丽亚好吗?嗯? – 格洛丽亚很好
How’s Gloria? Well? Gloria’s fine.
我猜,你还没苔莎的消息?
You haven’t heard from Tessa, l suppose?
没,她去,北方 和,和阿诺德 布鲁一道
No, she’s, uh, up north with, um, Arnold Bluhm.
嘿,老友,你能不能停一会?
Look, old chap, do you think you could stop doing that a moment?
怎么了?
Something wrong?
她没说要从陆路返回的事情?
She didn’t say anything about returning by road?
从洛基?
From Loki?
我可不觉得惊讶,我了解苔莎 我希望别,危险的国家
Well, that wouldn’t surprise me, knowing Tessa. l mean, l hope not. Dangerous country.
怎么了?桑迪
What is it, Sandy?
我们收到消息 一名白人女士,黑人司机
We’re getting reports of a white woman, black driver
今晨早些时候
found early this morning
在图卡那湖南端被发现
southern end of Lake Turkana
已死亡,似乎是,被害
dead-killed, it seems.
你认为会是苔莎?
You think it might be Tessa?
像是在洛基租的车子和司机 然后朝东行驶
Seems they hired a car and driver in Loki and then headed east.
他们在洛德沃过夜
They spent the night at Lodwar.
住一间房♥,贾斯汀
They shared a room, Justin.
那黑人死者不是阿诺德 布鲁
The dead black isn’t Arnold Bluhm.
我非常难过
Most terribly sorry.
你有多肯定?
And how sure are you?
看上去不妙
lt’s not looking good.
那么…
lt’s…
谢谢你通知我,桑迪
good of you to tell me, Sandy.
让你费心了
Can’t have been easy.
因此,正如我们已示范的 外交…
[Justin’s Voice ] Diplomacy, therefore, as we’ve demonstrated
恰恰就是文明的地图和标记
is the very map and marker of civilization
来为受一国所威胁的 其他国家…
pointing nations the safest way through country…
指明一条最安全的道路
fraught with peril.
就这样
And that’s it.
呃,伯纳德 佩格林先生要求我 代为转达他的,呃,歉意…
Uh, Sir Bernard Pellegrin has asked me to convey his, uh, regrets…
因为他不能亲自来发言
that he’s been unable to deliver his lecture in person.
并且我代表自己为 你们的倾听表示感谢
And l thank you on my own behalf for your very kind attention.
谢谢
Thank you.
等等,等等
[ Woman ] Excuse me. Excuse me.
嗯? – 等等
Yeah? Yeah, sorry. Excu- Excuse me.
先生,我有个问题 我想知道英国正用着的 呃,是谁的地图…
Sir, l’ve just got one question. l just wondered whose map, um, is Britain using…
以至于可以忽视联♥合♥国♥ 并决定入侵伊♥拉♥克♥?
when it completely ignores the United Nations and decides to invade Iraq?
或者,你认为,是否…
[ Audience Chuckles ] Or do you- do you think…
是更油滑地顺从于超级强权…
it’s more diplomatic to bend to the will of a superpower…
客气地说,参与到越南里去,后续?
and-and politely take part in Vietnam, the sequel?
呃,我,我不能代替伯纳德先生发言…
Well, uh, l- l can’t speak for Sir Bernard-
哦,我以为你来就是要代他发言的
Oh, l thought that’s why you were here.
我的意思是,外交官必须 奉命行事
l mean, diplomats have to go where they’re sent.
猎狗也是
So do Labradors. [ All ] Ooh.
哎哟
Ouch. – [ Murmuring ]
呃,我认为,伯纳德先生 毫无疑问会争辩道…
Well, I think that, no, Sir Bernard would no doubt argue…
当和平手段都已无能为力的时候,那么… – 无能为力?
that when, um, peaceful means are exhausted, then- Exhausted?
奎伊先生,并未无能为力 不是吗?
Mr. Quayle, they’re not exactly exhausted, are they?
我是说,和平,和平 和平就躺在坦克前进的道路上
l mean, they’re just- they’re just- No, they are just lying in the way of the tanks.
不,我,我,让我们来面对 我们花了60年…
No, l-l-let’s face it. We’ve taken 60 years…
来建立一个叫做联♥合♥国♥的国际组织
to build up this international organization called the United Nations
就是为了避免战争
which is meant to avoid wars
而现在就因为汽车没油了我们便要大开杀戒 – 坐下,苔莎,看在上帝的份上
and now we just blow it up because our car’s running out of petrol. – Sit down, Tessa, for Christ’s sake.
我,我认为 – 等等,听听他说什么
l- l think- – Hold on a minute. Let’s see what he says.
我认为您提出了一个很有价值的观点 一个国家的外交政策…
l think the questioner is making a valid point, and that a nation’s foreign policy…
不应由狭隘的商业利益所驱使 – 屁话
should not be determined by narrow commercial interests. – That’s bullshit.
屁话,你应当负责
That’s bullshit. You have to take responsibility.
你的工作就是 为英国这个可怜的国家而道歉
You are being paid to apologize for this pathetic country of Britain
而且他能解释为什么 我们毁掉自己的外交信用…
and he can explain to us why we’ve burned our diplomatic credentials…
为什么我们要屠♥杀♥,知道吗 成千上万的无辜平民…
and why we’re killing, you know, thousands of innocent people…
而只是为了几桶石油…
just for-just for some barrels of oil…
和在白宫草坪合影的机会?
and a photo opportunity on the White House lawn.
为什么?
Why?
你还好吗? – 还好,谢谢
Are you all right? Yes, thanks.
你很勇敢 – 不,不,我完全失礼了
You were courageous. No. No, I was completely rude.
很糟糕的举止,并且我… – 你激♥情♥洋溢
lt was just bad behavior, and l- – You were impassioned.
我很尴尬,抱歉
l’m so embarrassed. Sorry.
请别这样 – 我真的很抱歉
Please don’t be embarrassed. l’m really sorry.
非常感谢你 你… 试图保护我
And, uh, thanks very much. You… tried to protect me.
无力的保护 – 不,你是,你是… 并非无力的
Very feebly. No, you were-you were- You weren’t feeble. l just-
总之,我的发言很无趣
Anyway, it was a very dull lecture.
是很无趣 可即便如此,我也不该…
lt was a dull lecture, but even so l shouldn’t have-
呃,我能,我能请你喝咖啡,或…
Well, look, can l- can l buy you a coffee or-
是我欠你的 – 那好,你请我喝一杯
l owe you a drink. Come on. All right. You can buy me a drink.
我是贾斯汀 – 苔莎,你好
l’m Justin, by the way. Tessa. How do you do?
很高兴认识你 – 我也是,很高兴认识你
Pleased to meet you. Yeah, yeah. Pleased to meet you.
你有点吓人,可我不怪你
You were quite scary, but l don’t blame you. – [ Laughs ]
都是胡说而已
lt was absolute bollocks
所以其实你是对的…
so you’re quite right to challenge-
我很不安,我得忏悔
l’m rather nervous, l have to confess.
我也是,这边走
Me too. This way.
哦,进来吧
Oh, do come in. [ Mumbles ]
对呀,请进,当然
Yeah, please. Of course.
谢谢,你带路
[ Mumbles ] Thank you. You lead the way.
走吧,走吧,左手边
Go ahead. Go ahead. Take a left. All right.
扭啊扭
Wriggle.
好嘞
There we go.
谢谢 – 谢什么?
[Justin ] Thank you. [ Tessa ] What for?
这美妙的礼物
For… this wonderful gift.
我那么大方?
How very generous of me.
不,我…
No, l-
你,你真…
You-You’re so- [ Laughing ]
你懂我的意思 – 我懂你的意思
You know what l mean. l know what you mean.
你,给我安全感
l feel safe with you.
我能想象你六岁时的样子
l can imagine when you were six.
正领导革命
You leading the revolution.
不,不,我很传统的
No. No, l was very conventional.
来,贾斯汀,把它穿上
Here,Justin, put this on.
奎伊先生?请
Mr. Quayle? Please.
请
Please.
认识这位女士?
Know this lady, sir?
是的,我认识
Yes, l do. lt’s, uh-
是我的妻子,苔莎
lt’s my wife, Tessa.
桑迪
Sandy.
来
Come on. [ Gasping ]
苔莎
[ Knocking ] Tessa.
老天,真是个惊喜
My God, what a surprise.
你怎么进来的?
How’d you get in?
带我和你去非洲
Take me to Africa with you.
什么?把你卷进地毯?
What? Roll you up in a rug?
塞进茶叶箱? – 很逗
Pack you in a tea chest? Very funny.
那我不得不把你当违♥禁♥品♥偷运
l’d have to smuggle you in as illicit goods.
没法报关
l couldn’t declare you. [ Laughs ]
哦,听着,我可以把你 装进苗木箱,然后…
Oh, listen. l could put you in one of these plant boxes, and-
你会觉得很舒适,嗯…
You’d be very comfortable wrapped up in a little piece of, uh-
我再贴上标签,写着“苔莎”