我本来想去理个发
I meant to get a haircut.
我给你准备了生日礼物 凯西
I got a present for ya’, Casey.
尼古拉斯·凯奇真是…太棒了
凯西 亲爱的
Casey, sweetie,
快收下啊 这是爸爸给你的礼物
you take your daddy’s present now.
这家伙是个传奇
哇
Whoa.
外卖♥♥到了!去开门吧 费尔南多
我也有你的照片
I got a picture of you, too.
玛丽亚!
Maria!
不!
No! No, no! No!
生日快乐 宝贝
Happy birthday, darlin’.
不!
No!
(加利福尼亚 洛杉矶)
喔!
Whoa!
谢谢
Thank you.
你肯定看过曼凯维奇导演的《无情世家》
Obviously, you’ve seen mankiewicz’s house of strangers.
这是我最爱的电影之一
It’s one of my all-time favorite movies.
你的剧本就让我想到了这部电影
That’s exactly what your script reminded me of.
力量的挣扎
The power struggle,
-围绕主题的斗争 -对
the fight for relevance. Yeah. Yeah.
你可能觉得这话有点疯狂
And you’re gonna think this sounds a little crazy,
但从某些方面 它就是《李尔王》
but in some ways, it’s king lear.
它就是《李尔王》 没错
It’s king lear. Yeah, exactly.
我就知道你会理解
See, I knew you’d understand
我想在这部片子里表达的东西
what I’m trying to do with this film.
是啊
Right.
大卫 我都不知道该说什么了
David, I don’t know what to say exactly,
但这绝对是一生难遇的角色
except this is the role of a lifetime
我非常想参与你的戏
and I’d really love to be a part of this.
太好了 我过两天就联♥系♥你
Cool, man. I’ll just give you a shout in a couple of days.
你是不是担心波士顿口音?没问题的
Oh. If you’re worried about the Boston accent,
我能讲波士顿口音
I can do the Boston accent.
我整个星期都在练习
I’ve been working on it all week.
我不担心这个 尼克
I’m not worried, Nick.
那就好 如果你还有别的问题
Okay, well, if you have any other questions
或者想聊聊 给我打电♥话♥就好
or you just wanna talk, give me a call.
或者你想让我…试戏
Or if you’d like me to, uh… to read…
你不用跟我试戏
You don’t need to read for me.
当然不用了
Of course not.
而且我也不会试戏的
And obviously, I’m not going to.
当然了
Obviously.
但是你肯定也有点想看我试戏的吧?
But I bet a part of you would love to hear me read, right?
怎么会不想呢?
I mean, why wouldn’t you?
如果我是你 我就想看
If I were you, i’d want to hear it.
-我不想让你试戏 真的 -好吧
Seriously, I don’t want you to read. Okay.
这是我的车 我得走…
Anyway, this is me, so I’m gonna…
是这样的 我要给你试戏
Well, you know what? I’m gonna read.
“这事已成定局 吉米
“It’s a foregone conclusion, Jimmy.”
大脑给身体发送指令
“It takes 13 milliseconds for the human brain”
只需要13毫秒
“to send a message to the body.”
所以当你的子弹击中我的时候 我的大脑皮层
“So, by the time your bullets hit me, my cerebral cortex”
已经把信♥号♥♥发送给了用来扣动扳机的
“will have transmitted a signal to the 17 healthy muscles”
17块毫发无损的肌肉
“that operate my trigger finger.”
你还来不及菊花一紧
“And before your asshole has had a chance to pucker up,”
你的脑浆
“your medulla oblongata”
早就溅在你身后的墙上了
“will be splattered on a fucking wall behind ya.”
如果这是我在这颗美丽的绿色星球上
“And if that’s the last thing I accomplish”
能完成的最后一件事
“on this beautiful green earth,”
那我会说: ‘哈 这他妈真是最好的告别’”
“well, then, ha, I say, ha, what a way to fucking go.”
我的天
Holy shit.
你要是想看的话 我可以再来一段
I can do another if you want.
牛逼 老兄!
Damn, man!
很不错吧?感觉真棒
That was good, right? Felt good.
曼凯维奇?这话说到点上了
Mankiewicz? Whoo-hoo! Incredible pull.
我知道 当时也是灵光一闪
I know. It just popped into my head.
很好 我真为你开心
Well, good. I’m happy for you.
说真的 哥们儿 你太需要这部戏了
Because, honestly, man, you really need this.
什么?这是什么意思?
What? What is that supposed to mean?
你自己明白 这可以彻底扭转局势
You get it. This could be a game changer.
我不需要扭转局势 能拿下很好
I don’t need a game changer. If it happens, it happens.
没拿到我就继续干活呗 这就是我的工作
If it doesn’t, I’ll just keep working. That’s what I do.
我只是说 你应该有点策略
I’m just saying, you could be a little more strategic.
多做点符合影星身份的选择
Make more movie star choices.
就像迈尔士·戴维斯跟我说的 (注:美国音乐家 爵士乐演奏家)
It’s like miles Davis told me…
“有时候你不演奏的音符 才是最重要的”
“Sometimes, it’s the notes you don’t play.”
迈尔士·戴维斯是个毒鬼
Miles Davis was a heroin addict.
我喜欢他 他是个音乐大♥师♥
I mean, I love him, he was a maestro,
但我现在很开心
but I’m happy,
我工作的时候状态很健康 我是个演员
I’m healthy when i’m working. I’m an actor.
不是 你♥他♥妈♥是个电影巨星!
No, you’re a fucking movie star!
永远别忘了这一点!
And don’t you ever forget that!
我不用你来教训我
Okay, I don’t need this. I don’t need this.
下车 尼克 出去
Get out of my car. Nicky, get out of my car.
我不需要你来教训
I don’t need this.
我需要这个角色
I need this.
它可以扭转局势
This could be a game changer.
所以你对你的事业现状并不满意?
So, you’re not happy with how your career is going
但你好像一直在不断拍戏啊
because you seem to be working all the time.
我不觉得这是事业 只是一份工作
Well, I never viewed it as a career, only as work.
这有什么不对吗?
And what’s wrong with that?
在其它行业
I mean, in any other job,
勤劳工作是美德
hard work is something to behold,
怎么在电影业 就变成了
but with film performance,
“尼克 你拍的电影太多了”
“you’re making too many movies, Nick.”
“尼克 你接的戏太多了”
“You’re working too hard, Nick.”
“尼克 要留给观众想念你的时间”
“Have the audience miss you more, Nick.”
拜托 这是我的工作
I mean, “hello, it’s my job.”
我要付账单
“I pay my bills.”
我要养家糊口 你们太烦人了
“I feed my family. You’re annoying.”
天呐
My gosh!
嗯
Yeah.
所以你担心的是什么 尼克?
So, what’s the worry here, Nick?
你怕自己失去作为演员的
You’ve lost some of your ability,
天赋和才能?
your talent as an actor?
不是
No.
呃…
Uh…
不是 我就是很想得到这个角色
No, it’s just that I really want this.
这样的角色一生难求
This is the role of a lifetime.
非常精彩
It’s a great part.
你觉得你跟工作的关系有没有影响
Well, how do you think your relationship with your work
你跟你女儿的关系?
affects your relationship with your daughter?
让艾迪一起聊聊吧 好吗?
Let’s bring addy into this, shall we?
啊?不用这样
What? Oh, you don’t have to do that.
你们聊就好
You guys can keep talking.
关于这个角色难得一见
Well, I’ll just finish with,
我已经聊得够多了
a role like this doesn’t come along every day.
我可以闭嘴了
And now, I’m gonna zip it.
-我闭嘴 -艾迪
– I zipped it good. – Addy.
你觉得你父亲在工作方面的紧张心态
How do you think your dad’s anxiety
对你造成了什么影响?
over his career has affected you?
他的工作基本上是
Well, his career is pretty much
我们唯一的聊天话题
the only thing we talk about.
不是聊他的工作 就是他逼我看老电影
That or he makes me watch old movies,
然后再一起讨论
and then discuss them.
所谓的“讨论” 就是他给我上两个小时的课
Which is really just him lecturing me for two hours.
是对话 更像是一场对话
It’s a conversation. It’s more of a conversation.
他让我看了一部奇葩的老电影
He made me watch this bizarre old movie.
叫什么来着? 《卡里马里博士的小岛》?
What was it called? The island of Dr. Calamari?
-《卡里加里博士的小屋》 -你喜欢吗 艾迪?
The cabinet of Dr. Caligari. And did you like it, addy?
这是我最爱的电影之一 你看过吗?
It’s one of my favorite films. Have you seen it?
我没看过
No, I have not.