♪ Oh, let our love survive
♪ I’ll dry the tears from your eyes
♪ Let’s don’t let a good thing die
汤姆帕克上校
美国雪人联合会
圣诞卡片
雪人来了,是的,他来了
Snowman’s coming Yes, he’s coming
他会牵着你的手
He’ll take you by the hand
念着一,二,三,你就会
He’ll say one, two, three And you will be…
到达棉花糖天地
In cotton candy land
节日祝福
如果你们在猜想这家伙是谁
For those of you who are wondering, who this fella here is,
艾维斯送上
我就是传说中的 汤姆帕克上校
I am the legendary Colonel Tom Parker.
还有汤姆帕克上校
欢迎来到美好的拉斯维加斯
吗♥啡♥
汤姆帕克上校 艾维斯普雷斯利的传奇经纪人
Colonel Tom Parker, legendary manager
刚被紧急送往山谷医院
of Elvis Presley, has been rushed to Valley Hospital.
我是给予全世界 艾维斯普雷斯利的那个人
I am the man who gave the world Elvis Presley.
没有我,就没有艾维斯普雷斯利
Without me, there would be no Elvis Presley.
然而,有些人却把我当成
And yet, there are some who’d make me out to be the villain
这故事里的恶人
of this here story.
艾维斯
1973年
美好的第四年
汤姆帕克上校是个骗子 一个欺诈他人的行骗者
Colonel Tom Parker was a liar, a cheat, a con man.
一本令人震惊的新书指控汤姆帕克上校
A shocking new book accuses Colonel Tom Parker
进行了大规模欺诈及管理不善
of massive fraud and mis-management.
帕克收取了艾维斯百分之五十的收入
Parker received as much as 50% of Elvis’ income.
他为满足自己的赌瘾 对艾维斯实施劳力剥削
He worked Elvis like a mule, to support his own gambling addiction.
法♥院♥认为帕克上校收取过多酬劳
The court finds that the compensation received by Colonel Parker was excessive,
相等于良知犯罪行为
and shocked the conscience of the court.
很多人相信艾维斯普雷斯利的死
Many believe that Colonel Tom Parker
是汤姆帕克上校造成的
was responsible for the death of Elvis Presley.
你给我听好了
Now, you listen to me.
唯一重要的是
The only thing that matters is that that man
这人今晚能登上舞台
gets up on that stage tonight.
猫王艾维斯
荣耀,荣耀属我主
Glory, glory, hallelujah
真理就在眼前
His truth is marching on
真理就在眼前
His truth is marching on
是汤姆帕克杀死他的!
Tom Parker killed him!
不!那不属实
No! That’s not true.
不,我没有杀死他
No, no, I didn’t kill him.
艾维斯普雷斯利是我一手打造的
I made Elvis Presley.
那些扒粪客在书中写的没一句是真的
Nothing all those muckrakers said in their books was true.
我跟艾维斯是合作伙伴
Me and Elvis, we was partners.
我俩是表演者艾维斯和雪人上校
It was Elvis the Showman and the Colonel the Snowman.
这是撒谎的荷兰人
This is the lying Dutchman.
我一早就知道自己注定成为伟人
I always knew I was destined for greatness.
身为孤儿的我,离家去到狂欢节
As an orphan, I ran away to the carnival,
我在那里学会愚弄并掏空他人的钱
where I learned the art of the “snow job,” of emptying a rube’s wallet
让他们一无所有, 剩下的只有脸上的笑容
while leaving them with nothing – but a smile on their face.
但狂欢节上最能赚钱的表演
But a carnival act that would get you the most money, the most snow,
往往都有很棒的服装及独特的伎俩
had great costumes and a unique trick,
为观众带来不知所措的快♥感♥
that gave the audience feelings they weren’t sure they should enjoy.
但大家都十分享受
But they do.
我知道如果能找到这样的表演者
And I knew if I could find such an act,
我就能创造出
I could create the greatest…
世界上
show…
最盛大的
on…
演出
earth.
狂欢节结束后,我进入了音乐行业
After the carnival, I moved into the music business…
打造了乡村音乐事业
the country music business.
我与其中一位名气最大的明星 汉克斯♥诺♥一同合作
I partnered with one of its biggest stars, Hank Snow.
德萨卡纳!1955年
请原谅我的多愁善感
Pardon me if I’m sentimental
在我们道别之时…
When we say goodbye
还有他倒霉的儿子,吉米罗杰斯斯♥诺♥
And his hapless son, Jimmie Rodgers Snow.
天啊,比利,我买♥♥到了 -哦,是的
Hot-diggity-dog, Billy.
(太阳唱片公♥司♥)
I got one. – Oh, yeah.
我真不敢相信大家都为之疯狂
Can’t believe it. Blow their socks off.
保安,迪金!
Security. Security, Diskin!
告诉这些城镇的市长,汉克抵达时
Tell the mayors of these towns that we need a police escort
必须有警♥察♥护送
for Hank when he arrives.
在巴吞鲁日,我们要在摩天轮的顶部
In Baton Rouge, we are going to have a carny wedding
举办一场狂欢的婚礼 希纳,快挑选你的下一个丈夫
at the top of the Ferris Wheel, so, Zina, pick out your next husband.
我们会在新奥尔良 使用扬声器介绍你出场,汉克
In New Orleans, we’re gonna use the loudspeaker to announce you, Hank.
哦,是的
Oh, sure.
至于你们这几位小朋友
and for you my little friends
你们将参加游♥行♥
…you are going to march in the parade.
我也得骑在大象身上?
Am I gonna be riding on an elephant, too?
骑着大象的男子多么有气势
A man on an elephant looks important.
也显得更加高大
And taller.
我们得想出新奇的表演来吸引年轻人
We still need to get a novelty act to bring in the young folk.
是的,所以你今晚得会见帕迪尤卡公爵
Well, yes, yes, that’s why you have a meeting with the Duke of Paducah tonight.
我们若能敲定《南方最有趣交谈秀》
If we can book “the Funniest Mouth in the South,”
就等于参与了本季最受欢迎的表演 -吉米,把那个关掉
we’ll have the greatest show of the season. Hey, Jimmie, turn that record off.
你们得听一听这个
Y’all have to hear this.
全城的孩子都在播放, 我走到哪都能听到
Kids all over town are playing it everywhere I go.
我能听出黑人音乐的节奏
I hear Negro rhythms.
但带有乡土气息
But with a country flavor.
太阳唱片公♥司♥?那是山姆菲利普的公♥司♥
Sun Records? That’s Sam Phillips’ label.
是的,菲利普
Oh, yeah, Phillips.
他跟有色歌♥手打造出种族唱片
He makes all those race records with the colored singers.
这家伙也将参与今晚的海瑞德秀 作为新秀排在我之后演出
Well, this fella’s on the Hayride tonight, after me in the newcomer spot.
在什里夫波特?
In Shreveport?
不可能,他们不会让 黑人男孩上海瑞德秀
No, they are not putting a colored boy on the Hayride.
这才是关键,他是个白人
That’s the thing. He’s white.
他…
He’s…
他是个白人?
He’s white?
怎么样,德萨卡纳? 我们要再播放第二十七次吗?
What do you think, Texarkana? Shall we play it for the 27th time?
没事了,妈妈,没关系…
Well, that’s all right, mama That’s all right for you
我们要再播放第二十七次吗?
Shall we play it for the 27th time?
大家都在谈论这个 新冒出的普雷斯利小子
Everybody’s talkin’ ’bout this new Presley kid
现在没事了
That’s all right…
好了,现在没事了
That’s all right That’s all right…
他是白人?
He’s white?
即使你做了十件蠢事也没关系
But it don’t matter if you do ten stupid things,
只要你做对一件聪明事
as long as you do one smart one.
欢迎大家来到路易斯安那海瑞德秀
Welcome y’all to the Louisiana Hayride,
现场直播至国内二十六个州
broadcasting live to 26 of these United States.
你觉得我感觉如何, 我知道你的爱不真实…
How do you think I feel I know your love’s not real
是的,有其父必有其子
Well, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
上校在哪?
Where is the Colonel?
你们邀请了唱 《没事的,妈妈》那家伙?
You have the fella that’s singing the “All Right, Mama,”
太阳唱片公♥司♥新发行的唱片?
that new record that’s on the Sun label, eh?
流行乐电台一直播放他的歌♥ 就连乡村音乐唱片骑师也在播放
The pop jocks keep playing him. – Yeah. Country DJs, too.
黑人小孩都在购买♥♥他的唱片
Even the colored kids, they’re buyin’ his record.
黑人小孩?我要去哪才能找到他?
The colored ki- Well, where would I find such an act?
化妆间
The dressing room.
艾维斯普雷斯利
和蓝月亮男孩
哦,天啊
Oh. Howdy.
嘿,下一个轮到你们了 艾维斯普雷斯利和蓝月亮男孩
Hey, Elvis Presley? Blue Moon Boys? Yeah. You’re up next.
哦,该死的
Oh, sh…
不好意思,比尔,到你们了!
Excuse me. Bill, go time!
我知道
I know, I know.
嗨! -他的胃好点了吗?
Hi! – How’s his stomach?
我想着去给他拿瓶百事可乐
I thought I’d grab him a Pepsi,
但那可怜虫还是非常紧张
but poor thing’s still shaking like a leaf.
我去叫他上台,走吧
I’ll get him on the stage. Come on. Let’s go.
喝点吧,这能帮助你的肠胃
Here.It’ll settle your stomach.
我在电台直播节目上忘记歌♥词怎么办?
What if I forget the words on live radio?
我们只需要出去娱乐观众
All we gotta do out there’s just a bit of clownin’ around.
我们就是靠着这个模式开始了这场秀
That’s how we got this thing started in the first place.
斯科蒂和比尔说得没错,艾维斯 台上不只有你一人
Scotty and Bill are right, Elvis. You’re not out there on your own.
你们是一组乐队 -没错
You boys are a band. – That’s right.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!