我要说
Oh, I would say.
我算算,他大概被捕了十次
Let’s see, he was busted at least nine or ten times.
两次因为磕药
Twice for possession of narcotics,
三四次是因为猥亵
and three, four times for obscenity.
女士们和先生们, Lenny Bruce
Ladies and gentlemen, Lenny Bruce.
你们知道罗斯福老婆传染Lou Gehrig性病么?
Did you know that Eleanor Roosevelt gave Lou Gehrig the clap?
他说了什么? 主啊,太残酷了!
What’d he say? man.Jesus,christ that’s cruel!
他只能得到这么点笑声?
that does he have to get that low for laughs?
重点是什么? 真是低级
Going that low for laughs.What’s the point? That’s bad taste.
重点是话语的委婉
The point. the point is the suppression of words.
现在,明白了
Now, dig.
现在是196♥4♥, 每个我认识的医生都告诉我
Here it is, 196♥4♥, and yet every doctor I know tells me that a certain disease
某些病又变成了传染病
is on its way to becoming an epidemic again,
每个人知道
when everybody knows or they should know,
插屁♥眼♥会将其毁掉
that one shot in the ass’d knock it out.Right?
现在,有了性病,位列十大病之一。
And yet there it is, VD, right up there with the top ten.
为何会如此?因为无人谈论。
Why? Because nobody talks about it.
大家甚至不愿说那个词
Nobody even wants to say the word.
若社会基金将你逮个正着,你说:
If the community chest hits on you, do you say
对不起,我得为性病付多少?
Excuse me, how much of my dollar is going for the clap?
我不认为你会这么说,哥们
I don’t think you do. What we have to do is talk about it.
我们要做的是开始说它
see What we really need is
我们要做的是找些民族英雄,
to get some of our national heroes
来承认他们得过。
to admit they’ve had it.
好吧, 罗斯福老婆 传染给Lou Gehrig性病
all right!Eleanor Roosevelt gave Lou Gehrig the clap.
她还传给了蒋♥介♥石♥
She also gave it to Chiang Kai-shek.
他传给了胡佛, 老兄, 这就是它传播之道
And he gave it to J Edgar Hoover, man. which is how it really spread.
好吧,一个男孩得了此病,他能说给他父亲听?
all right,A boy gets the clap.Can he go to his father?
算了吧,他说不出口。
forget it man,He can’t relate to his father.
若他走运,他可能找到个不是毒贩但扫荡过药店傻♥逼♥,
He’s likely to go to some schmuck who sweeps up the drugstore.Not even a druggist.
喂,兄弟,喂兄弟,我得对你说
Hey man, hey man, come here I got to talk to you.
什么事
What’s the matter?
听着,我得了性病
Listen, I got the clap.
老天,你在哪得的?
Oh, Jesus, where’d you get that?
涂车的时候,有何不同,反正我得了!
Painting a car! What’s the difference? I got it.
你想从我这要什么?
What do you want for me?
你在药店上班,给我些药
You work in Drugstore. Give me some pills.
好吧,拿着
Oh, all right. Here.
治神经的药, 好么?
Dexedrine Spansules. Is this good?
是的,这都是胡说。
It’s all the same horseshit.
令你醒着,这让你清楚你得了
Keeps you awake so you know you got it.Right.
我要这些药的原因是
The reason I want these pills is I got a good job.
我有份好工作,我不想被炒
I got a good job. I don’t wanna get laid off.
你在哪工作
Yeah? Where you working?
肉包装工厂
The meat-packing plant.
我会告诉你们我们需要什么
you known,I’ll tell you what we really need.
可能有一天, Jerry Lewis会上到电视
Maybe one day Jerry Lewis would go on television,
替换掉肌肉萎缩症的标签
and instead of getting hung up with muscular dystrophy,
他得了性病!
he’d have a clapathon!
算了吧,它不会发生,你知道 为什么?
Forget it. It’ll never happen. You know why?
因为谈论它
Because talking about it
会令你成为社会中最恶毒的人
makes you the worst person in the community.
你初遇Lenny是什么时候?
When did you first meet Lenny?
那是1951年年末,巴尔的摩
It was back in 1951. Baltimore.
我在演出
I was, headlining.
演出? 我在这聚乐部上班
Headlining? I was working at this club.
1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4!
A- one, two, a-one, two, three, four!
现在,圣者向前冲
Now when the saints go marching in
耶!
yeah
现在,圣者向前冲
Now when the saints go marching in
耶!
yeah
谢谢
Thank you.
现在,是你们最期待的时刻
Here’s the moment that you’ve all been waiting for.
不用再久候,让我们欢迎小甜心Harlowe!
So without further ado, may we present Hot Honey Harlowe!
来吧,所有人!
Let’s hear it, everybody!
噢.Eddie
Oh, Eddie.
看看那头发
Look at that hair.
窗旁那家伙是谁?
Who’s the guy over by the window?
Lenny Bruce. 他是个笑匠
Lenny Bruce. He’s a comic.
什么类型的笑匠? -猥亵
What kind of comic?-Lousy.
我想我认识她. -假发
I think I know her from somewhere.-Fake hair.
真的?
Really?
他很可爱. -可爱? 他说废话
He’s cute.-Cute? He does crap.
老笑话,低级模仿秀
Old jokes, lousy impressions.
我小时候毛病多多
But I really had problems when I was a kid.
直到我八岁
It wasn’t until I was eight years old
我才搞清楚我不叫作“闭嘴”
that I figured out my name wasn’t Shut Up.
好吧,伙计们。来点模仿秀如何?
All right, folks. How about some bird impressions?
Bobwhite
Bobwhite.
Bobwhite背后
Bobwhite backwards.
一只鸭
A duck.
一只燕子
A swallow.
一只鹅
A goose. Ooh!
孩子
Boy
你是否觉得自己正参加业余爱好者竞赛
Did you ever get the feeling that you’re in an amateur contest,
而你输了?
and you’re losing?
好吧,伙计们,来点猛的
All right, folks. Let’s get back to the surefire stuff now.
来点名人模仿秀
So let’s go to the Show Business Hall of Fame, where the MC
这主持是我的好友
where the MC is my good friend,
老schnozola他自己
the old Schnozzola himself!
外面是花岗岩
It’s granite out there.
另一天,我走进鞋店。
I went into the shoe store
我对店员说, 你们卖♥♥鳄鱼皮鞋嚒?
and I said to the clerk Do you sell alligator shoes?
他说:
And he said
你的鳄鱼穿几号♥?
What size does your alligator wear?
你真有一套, Durante
You’re really something, Durante.
现在,我要介绍我最喜欢的歌♥手
And now, I’d like to introduce ya to my favourite singer,
Vaughan Monroe
Vaughn Monroe.
与月赛跑
Racing with the moon
他的表演如此猥亵
His act was so lousy,
总会有些吸引你之处
something must have attracted you to him.
那是什么?
What was there about him?
他只是
Well, he was just.
我不知道。
I don’t know
讨人喜欢
huggable.
谢谢
Thank you.
我妈就是个喜剧演员. 我逃脱了兵役
My mother’s a comic, and I got out of the service
我改了名字,你知道
and I changed my name, you know.
你的真名是什么?
What’s your real name?-Leonard Alfred Schneider.
Leonard Alfred Schneider
Leonard Alfred Schneider.
你改来干嘛?
Well, why did you change it?-Too Jewish.
太犹太化
Too Jewish.
我喜欢Bruce这名字
I like the name Bruce.
现在, Bruce听起来像足球队领队
You know, Bruce sounds like the captain of a football team.
这就是我改它的原因,但
That’s why I changed it, but
我第一次见到叫Bruce的家伙尝试来吻我
the first guy I met whose name was Bruce
418, 谢谢
418,please.
你在哪所酒店?
What hotel are you at?
621, 谢谢
621,please.
这里? 你开玩笑. -不
Here? You’re kidding.
那么? -那么?
Well? – Well?
你不去接它? -为什么?
Aren’t you gonna answer it? – Why?
你们这些家伙到底是何心态?
How do you people really feel about doing it?
这是我们可互相做的最下流的事?
Isn’t that about the dirtiest thing we could do to each other?
我指,做它一点都不好
It’s really not nice doing it.
最坏你能对别人说什么? 操你,先生
What’s the worst thing you can say to anybody? Fuck you!
这很奇怪,一为我要伤你
That’s really weird, because if I wanted to hurt you, I should say
我该说不操你,先生
Unfuck you.
因为操你很不错,哥们
Because fuck you is really nice, man.
你好,妈,是我们!
Hello, Ma, it’s me.Yeah,