他们在哪里
Where are they?
他们可能是出来晚了 他们会来的
They’re probably just running late. They’ll be here.
我看到他们了
l see them!
爸爸
Daddy!
宝贝 你好吗
How are you, sweetie?
看到你很高兴
Good to see you.
你好 – 你好吗
Hi there. – How are you?
他很可爱 很不错 – 谢谢
He’s cute. Great! – Thanks.
我们得走了
We got to go.
我们该走了 – 我的电♥话♥号♥码
We should go. – l have my number.
这几天我不会在芝加哥 我会去海角
l won’t be in Chicago for a few days. l’m going to the Cape… .
还是去年那个有早餐的旅店吗 我有电♥话♥号♥码
Same B & B as last year? l have the number.
和你妈妈说再见
Say bye to your mom.
亲我下 – 妈妈 再见
Give me a kiss. – Bye, Mom.
我爱你
l love you.
随时打电♥话♥给我
Call me. Anytime.
再见 – 爱你
Bye. – Love you.
妈妈 再见
Bye, Mom.
女士们 对不起我来晚了
Sorry to be so late, ladies.
财政顾问 不久前离婚了
Financial consultant. Recently divorced.
你有没有注意到他吃薄煎饼的方式
Did you notice the way he ate his pancakes?
每一口他都占用了他的时间
He took his time on every bite.
别开玩笑了
Get a grip.
你知道他们说那些瘦高的男人什么吗
You know what they say about tall, lanky men, don’t you?
他们有巨大的脚
They have enormous feet.
早上好
Morning.
我意外的知道他今天会去电影院 日场的
l happen to know he’s going to the theater today, a matinee.
我想我将要去港口散步
l think l’ll take the harbor tour.
“亲爱的凯瑟琳
“Dear Catherine:
那么长时间没有和你联♥系♥ 真的很对不起
l’m sorry l haven ‘t talked to you in so long.
我觉得自己迷失了
l feel l’ve been lost…
没有方向 没有指南针
…no bearings, no compass.
我猜想我已经完全被有些疯狂的东西控制了
l kept crashing into things, a little crazy, l guess.
以前我从来没有迷失过
l’ve never been lost before.
你就是我真正的北方
You were my true north.
当你是我的家时 我会为了家而时常驾驶
l could always steer for home when you were my home.
当你离开的时候我很生气 请你原谅我
Forgive me for being so angry when you left.
我还是认为我们之间存在着一些误会
l still think some mistake’s been made…
我在等上帝把误会带走
…and l’m waiting for God to take it back.
但现在我做的好多了
But l’m doing better now.
工作帮助了我
The work helps me.
最重要的是你帮助了我
Most of all, you help me.
昨晚你带着微笑来到我们的梦里
You came into my dream last night with that smile…
像爱人一样抱着我
… that always held me like a lover…
像摇孩子那样摇着我
…rocked me like a child.
我所记得的一切都来自于我的梦
All l remember from the dream…
是一种平静的感觉
…is a feeling of peace.
我带着那种感觉醒来
l woke up with that feeling…
尽我所能留住那种感觉
…and tried to keep it alive as long as l could.
我写信是要 告诉你我正向那和平迈进
l’m writing to tell you that l’m on a journey toward that peace.
还要告诉你我对很多事情感到抱歉
And to tell you l’m sorry about so many things.
我没有好好照顾你很 对不起
l’m sorry l didn ‘t take better care of you…
让你从来不会受冻 受惊或是生病”
…so you never spent a minute being cold or scared or sick. ”
“对不起 我没有很努力的去找语言
“l’m sorry l didn’t try harder to find the words…
告诉你我的情绪
…to tell you what l was feeling.
对不起 我未曾修理好屏风
l’m sorry l never fixed the screen door.
现在我已经修好了
l fixed it now.
对不起 我曾经和你吵架
l’m sorry l ever fought with you.
对不起 我没有对你道歉
l’m sorry l didn’t apologize more.
我太骄傲了
l was too proud.
对不起 我没有给你太多的赞美
l’m sorry l didn’t bring you more compliments…
当你穿不同的衣服和梳不同的发型时
…on everything you wore and every way you fixed your hair.
对不起 我没有太多的体力去拥抱你
l’m sorry l didn’t hold on to you with so much strength…
上帝不能把你带走”
…that even God couldn’t pull you away. ”
署名 “爱你的人 G”
Signed, “All my love, G. ”
真悲伤啊
That is so sad.
不是悲伤 那是
lt’s not that. lt’s just…
很真挚的爱情
…so honest.
这个可能有好几百年了
This could be hundreds of years old.
阿尔娃 这个是用打字机打出来的
lt’s typed, Alva.
非常好
Pretty good.
就是说你希望那个是你写的
Meaning you wish you’d written it.
我给她发了电子邮件
l’d have e-mailed her.
总之 我知道你的希望是什么
Anyway, l know what you wish.
你希望这封信上写的是 “亲爱的特蕾莎”
You wish it had been addressed “Dear Theresa. ”
查理 别这样
Come on now, Charlie…
任何一个女孩都会想要那样的爱
…any girl would want to be loved like that.
想成为某个人的指南针”
To be somebody’s “true north”?
你是在开玩笑吗
Are you kidding?
特别是单身女人
Lonely women, particularly?
你就是那样看我的吗
ls that how you see me?
在旅途中你有和别人说话或开玩笑吗
Did you talk to anybody on your trip? Tell any jokes?
我玩的很开心
l had a good time.
真的吗
Really?
早回来一天
Came back a day early.
我喜欢我的工作
l happen to like my job.
你是在逃避现实 你应该写作了
You’re in denial. You should be writing.
最好你希望我坚持调查下去
You better hope l stick to research.
我认为没有我你不能做好你的专栏
l don’t think you can do your column without me.
你知道这里的大部分人都尊称我为 托斯基先生吗
Ever notice that most people here refer to me as Mr. Toschi, out of respect?
在你牙没长全以前我就认识你
l knew you before your teeth were capped.
在你脚步轻松 心气很高的时候我就认识你
l knew you when your step was swift and your heart was high.
阿尔·吉登斯[人名] “湖边的冬季” 哈科特-布雷斯[地名] 1948
Al Giddons, “Lakefront Winter. ” Harcourt-Brace, 1948.
我随口说出来的
Thought l made that up.
你好 杰斯 你好吗
Hey, Jase! How are you?
你好 丽娜
Hi, Lina.
不 对不起
No, sorry.
我只是期待他打电♥话♥来
l just was expecting him to call.
不 我不担心 我只是想他了
No, l’m not worried. l just miss him.
我知道
l know.
什么
What?
没什么 我才明白 为什么
No, l just got it. Why?
什么
What?
我不相信他做了这个
l can’t believe he did this.
我没有办法相信
l can’t believe it!
为什么你这么生气 – 出版它是不对的
Why are you so annoyed? – lt’s wrong to print it.
那是私人信件 那是别人的隐私
lt’s private. lt’s somebody’s intimate thoughts.
那不是你的信
lt’s not your letter!
我知道那不是我的信 但是时我发现的它
l know it’s not my letter. l found it.
那时个人的吗 那就是你生气的原因吗
ls this personal? ls that why you’re pissed off?
我没有生气 我只是
l’m not pissed off! l’m just…
有点生气
…a little pissed off.
圣诞派对上你还有机会的
You had your chance at the Christmas party.
早上好 洋娃娃
Morning, doll.
看看这个
Look at this.
这些都是有关瓶中信的来信
Letters to the paper about the message in the bottle.
什么
What?
还有两箱子呢 把这些拿去调查
And two more boxes. Take those to research.
我在信房♥找到他的 笨蛋
l found him in the mailroom. Nice ass.
查理 要我们先放下手中的活
Charlie wants us to drop everything.
做什么 回信给他们
And do what? Answer all of them?
把那些信从头到尾的看一次 然后计算出赞成和反对的数目
Go through them and count the pros and cons.
丢掉这些发狂的信
Get rid of the nutso letters.
然后我们做选录 报纸要套出选录 这是个大新闻
Then we’ll do excerpts. The paper wants us to milk it. This is big.
比低脂松饼丑闻大
Bigger than the low-fat muffin scandal.
你市场和老师的绯闻还大
Bigger than the mayor and the teacher.
真是令人惊奇阿
lt’s amazing.
“你的专栏 负责大部分”
“Your column sucks the big one. ”
负面的 我认为 – 听着
Negative, l think. – Listen.
“如果更多男人能够体贴点
“lf only more men would have the sensitivity…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!