比如画画或随便什么事
I think every time you do something
like a painting or whatever,
你…
you…
你有些想法
you go with ideas.
而有时往昔时光,能够映入这些想法并给它们填上色彩
And sometimes the past
can conjure those ideas and color them.
即便这是些新想法,旧时光给它们上色
Even if they’re new ideas,
the past colors them.
《大卫·林奇:艺术人生》
我出生在蒙大拿州的米苏拉市。
I was born in Missoula, Montana.
我父母有座房♥子,在爱达荷州的桑德珀恩特,
Then my parents got a house
in Sandpoint, Idaho,
我在那住过两年。
and I lived there for two years.
因此我记得爱达荷州的桑德珀恩特。
So, I remember Sandpoint, Idaho.
小迪基·史密斯,我的小伙伴,
Little Dickie Smith, my friend,
他和我
he and I
坐在这棵树下的小水坑里。
sat in a mud puddle under this tree.
我妈挖了一个洞,也许是我爸,
My mother dug a hole, or my dad did,
这样我们就能在大热天这么坐着,
that we could sit in in the hot weather,
他们就把洞灌满水,知道吗,水从软管里出来,
and they’d fill it with, you know,
water from the hose,
我们就坐在小水坑里。
and we’d sit in this mud puddle.
真是太惬意了。
It was so beautiful.
于是我挤着泥巴,和我的小伙伴坐在一起
And you get to squeeze mud
and sit with your friend
在这棵树的阴影下?
under the shade of this tree?
忘了。
Forget it.
然后他们就搬到
And then they moved
to Spokane, Washington.
那段日子,
In those days,
我的世界非常、非常小。
my world was very, very small.
从这个杂货店开始
It extended up to this grocery store
in one direction
到一个朋友家的房♥子为止,
and down to a friend’s house,
那也就好像隔着两栋房♥子。
which was, like, two houses down.
另一个方向
And then the other direction
到我朋友鲍比家那儿为止。
down to my friend Bobby’s house.
大多数时候,我们整天都在外面玩
Mostly, we played outdoors all day
我们自♥制♥了手♥枪♥
and we made our own guns
然后我们玩打仗游戏。
and we would play war.
我会画一些步♥枪♥和手♥枪♥
And I would draw rifles and pistols
还有飞机和小刀
and airplanes and knives
and things like that
因为战争
’cause the war
was still kind of freshly over
你知道,我们都以某种方式全情投入进去了。
and, you know, somehow we all got into it.
【好莱坞山】
【大卫·林奇和她的女儿鲁拉】
因为我总是在画,
Because I was always drawing,
my mother did…
她做了件最伟大的事情,最伟大的事之一。
This is the greatest thing she did.
One of the greatest things.
她拒绝
She refused
从不给我买♥♥涂色簿。
to ever have me have coloring books.
她从来不买♥♥
She did not do that
for my brother or my sister.
这样的话,她才能看到一件真正出色的作品
Somehow,
a really beautiful thing came to her
而那些涂色簿会是有局限性的…
that those would be restrictive…
并且会扼杀某种创造力。
and kill some kind of creativity.
她从不说…
And she did not…
任何低级庸俗的笑话。
ever tell any off-color jokes.
【“阳光” 艾文娜·林奇】
她全力反对任何种族主义。
She was totally against any racism.
她信教,
She was religious,
but not preachy about it.
她是个…人们所说的…
She was a, what you call,
a very warm and good person.
但她并不感情外露。
But she wasn’t demonstrative.
她不会捧着你的脸颊
She wouldn’t grab your cheeks
and kiss you.
一百万年都不会。
Not in a million years.
但你知道她爱你
But you knew that she loved you
想把她最好的都给你
and wanted the best for you
期望你
and expected you
to, uh, live in a certain proper way.
我从未听见过我父母
I never heard my parents argue ever
为某事吵架。
about anything.
他们和睦相处就像艾克和迈克的故事。
They got along like Ike and Mike.
超级欢乐大家庭。
Super happy household.
你知道,当我回首往事,
You know, as I look back,
I didn’t think anything of it,
但我确实获得了极大的自♥由♥。
but I had tremendous freedom.
没人指手画脚。
Nobody was overbearing.
这就好比是一个爱的基石,
It was as if there was
just a foundation of love,
那么,当我们成长时,
and off we went, you know,
就都有了自己的方向。
each in our own direction.
一个晚上,
One night,
我有种某种感觉
I kind of have the feeling
那是秋天,已经很晚了。
it was in the fall and it was pretty late.
通常,我爸会走到外面
Usually, my father would go outside
大喊,
and yell,
“约翰?”“大卫?”
“John?
David?”
那样就会把我们叫回家。
And that would bring us home.
但这个晚上,却不是这样,
But this night, it must’ve been,
我不知道,临到那个时候。
I don’t know, close to that time.
天好像真的很晚了。
It seemed to be pretty late.
我不知道我们那会在做什么,
I don’t know what we were doing,
只记得越过肖肖尼大道…
but from across Shoshoni Avenue…
从一片漆黑之中
out of the darkness
走出一个…
comes this…
像是,嗯,像一个最奇怪的梦。
like, uh, kind of like a strangest dream.
因为我以往从未见过一个裸体的成年女人。
Because I’ve never seen
an adult woman naked.
她有着美丽、苍白的皮肤…
And she had beautiful, pale, white skin…
并且全身赤♥裸♥。
and she was completely naked.
我想她的嘴出血了。
And I think her mouth was bloodied.
而她有些奇怪的走来…
And she kind of came strangely…
迈着奇异的步子穿过肖肖尼街
walking strangely across Shoshoni
走上公园环道。
and came into Park Circle Drive.
看上去…她差不多像个巨人。
And it seemed like
she was sort of like a giant.
她越来越近,
And she came closer and closer,
我弟弟哭了起来。
and my brother started to cry.
她一定经历了什么不好的事情。
Something was bad wrong with her.
我不知道发生了什么,但我想她应该是在马路边坐了下来,哭泣。
And I don’t know what happened,
but I think she sat down on a curb, crying.
这真的很神秘,
But it was very mysterious,
就像我们看到了某种超自然的事情。
like we were seeing
something otherworldly.
我想为她做点什么,
And I wanted to do something for her,
但我是个小孩。
but I was little.
我不知道该做什么。
I didn’t know what to do.
然后我就不记得更多了。
And I don’t remember any more than that.
就像我说的,可能,我的世界不过
Like I said, maybe, you know,
my world was no bigger
几个街区的范围…
than a couple of blocks…
直到高中以后。
up until high school.
真的不超过几个街区。
Really no bigger than a few blocks.
那就是为什么我说巨大的世界
And that’s why I say huge worlds
在里面,你知道,那两个街区。
are in, you know, those two blocks.
巨大的。
Huge.
一切都在里面。
Everything’s there.
一切。
Everything.
你可以住在一个地方却拥有一切。
And you could live in one place
and have everything.
我们离开博伊西(爱达荷州首府)的前夜…
The night before we left Boise…
那是个夏日夜晚,
it was a summer night,
但不是,嗯,
but it wasn’t, uh,
不是一个愉快的夏夜。
a joyful summer night.
有一块三角形的草地在我们家与史密斯家之间。
There’s a triangle of grass
between our house and the Smiths’ house.
在三角形的底部,有一棵树。
And at the base of the triangle,
there’s a tree.
而…我必须说再见了,和每一个人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!