*当我们共舞时*
*When we dance together*
*我的世界变得虚幻*
*My world’s in disguise*
*犹如童话*
*It’s a fairyland tale*
*终于成真*
*That’s come true*
*你看着我*
*And when you look at me*
*眸中有星空*
*With those stars in your eyes*
*我愿与你跳着华尔兹穿越德州*
*I could waltz across Texas with you*
*跳着华尔兹穿越德州*
*Waltz across Texas*
*怀里抱着你*
*With you in my arms*
抱歉出了点小问题 马上就能修好
Sorry about the hiccup, folks. It won’t be long.
*和你跳着华尔兹穿越德州*
*Waltz across Texas with you *
*像童话里的结局*
*Like a storybook ending*
*我被你深深吸引*
*I’m lost in your charms*
给你五分钟
You got five minutes.
*我愿与你跳着华尔兹穿越德州*
*And I could waltz across Texas with you*
大家好啊
Howdy, folks.
请问阿尔玛·梅·厄尔巴诺女士在车上吗
Could someone tell me if Mrs. Alma May Urbano is on board?
阿尔玛·梅·厄尔巴诺
Alma May Urbano.
你在这儿 你好亲爱的
There you are. Hello, dear.
真高兴认识你
Very good to meet you.
我叫吉米
My name’s Jimmy.
之前在矶鹞渡时我想拜访你
I tried to visit you at Sandpiper,
但他们不让 你知道吗
but they wouldn’t allow me to. Hey, you know what?
那也没关系
It doesn’t matter.
我看见车坏了 你正好在车里
I saw your bus broken down, here you are.
我真幸运
Lucky me.
你希望我称呼你厄尔巴诺女士
Do you prefer to be called Mrs. Urbano
阿尔玛·梅 还是只叫阿尔玛就好
or Alma May or just plain Alma?
我姓麦吉尔 但叫我吉米就好
My last name is McGill, but you can call me Jimmy.
大家好 我叫吉米·麦吉尔
Hey, everyone! My name’s Jimmy McGill.
我是名律师 但别在意我
I’m an attorney at law, but, uh, don’t mind me.
你们继续聊天吧
Just talk amongst yourselves.
阿尔玛·梅
Now, Alma May,
你还记得回复过我律所寄来的信函吗
do you recall responding to a mailer from my law firm,
新墨西哥州圣达菲的戴维斯梅因律所
Davis & Main, of Santa Fe, New Mexico?
我记不住了
I…I don’t know.
我们想帮助那些
Well, we were looking to help any Sandpiper residents
因基础商品和服务
who may have been overcharged
可能被超额收费的矶鹞渡居民
for, uh, basic goods and services.
这下能想起来了吧
Now, does that ring a bell?
可能吧 是黄色的信封吗
Maybe. Was it yellow?
是浅黄色的
It’s canary yellow.
我亲自选的颜色
I picked that color myself.
女士 我来这儿是为了确保你能拿回那笔钱
Well, ma’am, I’m here to make sure you get your money back.
你们在说什么
What are you talking about?
谁抢走了阿尔玛·梅的钱
Who took Alma May’s money?
这个问题问得好
Uh, well, now, that’s a very good question.
感谢你的提问 你是
And thank you for asking, mister, uh…?
艾莫斯 艾莫斯·莱德克
Amos — Amos Lydecker.
莱德克先生 我是吉米·麦吉尔
Mr. Lydecker, Jimmy McGill.
其实不是谁抢走了谁的钱
Now, nobody took anybody’s money, uh, exactly.
明白吗
Okay?
不是矶鹞渡的人
It’s not like the Sandpiper people, you know,
戴上滑雪面罩
put on a ski mask and, uh…
持枪打劫了阿尔玛·梅
mugged Alma May here at gunpoint.
你们别在脑中想象这种场面
So I want you to put that mental image right out of your head.
我们现在说的更像是一种
See, what we’re talking about here is more of a —
一点小矛盾
it’s just a discrepancy.
一件小事而已
It’s — it’s a little thing.
没什么恶意
It’s — it’s fairly innocent.
但我们得解决
But we need to fix it.
明白吗
Do you follow me?
这么说吧
Well, put it this way.
阿尔玛·梅 假设说你和你男朋友
Alma May, let’s say you’re out on a date
出门约会
with your boyfriend.
你有男朋友 是吧
You do have a boyfriend, right?
没有吗
You don’t?
拜托 你
Come on. You —
阿尔玛·梅瞒着我
Alma May’s holding out on me.
你有侄子吗
Do you have a nephew?
侄子吗 有 他叫史蒂夫
Nephew? Oh, y-yes — Steve.
好 史蒂夫
Okay, Steve.
他是个好人吗
Is he a good guy?
他非常好
Yeah, very good.

Okay.
假设说你和史蒂夫
So, let’s say you and Steve go out to dinner
去博蒂餐厅吃饭
at, uh… well, Birdie’s.
-你们今天都要去那儿 是吧 -对
– That’s where you’re all headed today, right? – Right.

All right.
你们俩享受了一顿大餐
So, both of you have a great meal.
你们吃了软炸牛排配青豆
It’s chicken-fried steak and green beans,
一切都非常完美
and it’s all perfect.
该结账了
Here comes the check.
“等一下
“Hey, wait a doggone —
“一块奶酪饼干竟然要二十四块钱
24 bucks for a side of buttermilk biscuits?
“这可不太对劲 是吧”
That doesn’t sound right, now, does it?”
当然不对
No, it does not.
似乎是算错了
It sounds like something got added up wrong.
你当然要派你侄子史蒂夫去和经理谈谈
Well, naturally, you send your nephew Steve to talk to the manager,
经理当然也改正了错误
and naturally, the manager corrects the mistake.
而且 他还送给你一张
And what’s more, he gives you a coupon
下次免费吃饭的优♥惠♥券
for a free meal next time you come in.
这听起来怎么样
How about that?
很好
Good.
如今 矶鹞渡也是这么一回事
Well, same kind of thing is what happened at Sandpiper Crossing.
最令我心痛的莫过于
And nothing makes me sadder
眼见美国最伟大的一代
than to see people of the Greatest Generation —
经历了经济大萧条 参与了二战的一代
我自己爷爷奶奶那一代
people like my own Nana and Bobo —
被一些大公♥司♥敲竹杠
gettin’ overcharged by some great, big company —
就算那纯属意外
even if it was an accident.
我知道矶鹞渡的好伙计们
Now, I know that the good people at Sandpiper
迟早都会改正错误 但你知道吗
want to make this right sooner or later, but you know what?
有时候呢 把这事交给侄子史蒂夫
Well, sometimes, it’s just easier if you get your nephew Steve
你会更轻松
to go take care of it for you.
而你可以把我当成他
And that’s how I want you to think of me.
乔治亚娜
Georgiana.
乔治妹妹 谢谢你
Hey, there, Georgie girl. Thank you.
我需要的都在这儿了
Oh, it’s all there, everything I need.
非常感谢你们 好好享用午餐
Thank you so much. Enjoy your lunch.
阿尔玛·梅 真棒
Alma May, you did it.
谢谢你 谢谢你
Thank you so much. Thank you.
谢谢 亨利
Thank you, Henry.
博蒂餐厅
很好
All right.
苏 很好
Hey, Sue. Okay.
优美的字迹
Beautiful penmanship.
失传的艺术
A lost art.
斯韦卡特和考科利正考虑主动出击
Schweikart and Cokely are pursuing an aggressive strategy,
但参考相关判例法
but looking at the relevant case law,
我认为这位地方法官不会吃这一套
I don’t think it’s going to play with this magistrate judge.
我研读了她许多过去的判决
I read over a dozen of her rulings,
所有类似案件中 她都站在原告这一方
all of which have sided with the plaintiff on cases like this.
我已将此作为备忘附在今天的资料里
I’ve included a memo to that effect in today’s materials,
供各位空暇时细读
which you can peruse at your leisure.
谢谢 艾琳
Thanks, Erin.
我们接着讨论客户联♥系♥事宜吧
How about we move on to client outreach?
吉米
Jimmy?
你在听吗
You still with us?
我来说吧 免得你自夸
I’m gonna save you from having to brag.
过去三周内有超过两百位矶鹞渡新委托人签字
Over 200 new Sandpiper clients signed over the past three weeks.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!