Don’t you remember?
记得吗
Joe, look at my pants.
乔 看看我的裤子
Yeah, you’d better come in here and dry them off, Irving.
快把裤子弄干 艾文
Nuts to that.
免了
Hey, did you tell him about Smitty? Irving.
你跟他说了史密斯的事吗 艾文
Smitty?
史密斯
Mr. Hennessy. Irving.
亨尼西先生 艾文
There you go again, Irving.
你又来了 艾文
Joe.
乔
All right, save that till later. Listen.
好了 你省省吧 听着
You’re here early, anyway. Why don’t you go home and shave?
你来早了 你何不回家刮胡子
Shave?
刮胡子
Yeah, or else keep quiet till Mr. Hennessy and I are finished talking.
或是在我们谈完公事前保持安静
Hey, what kind of a routine is that?
你们究竟在搞什么鬼
What are you two guys up to? Who’s Smitty?
你们两个好了 谁是史密斯
He’s a guy that we met. You wouldn’t care for him.
普通朋友 你没必要关心他
What am I supposed to look at?
这是什么
No, just a couple of Irving’s dames. You wouldn’t like them.
艾文的妞儿 你不会喜欢的
Maybe you would.
也许你会喜欢
Don’t change the subject. When you came back into my office yesterday.
别扯开话题 昨天你说
Yeah, I know, yesterday at noon, I thought I had a good lead,
是的 昨天中午 我有猛料内♥幕♥
but I was wrong.
但我弄错了
That’s all there is to it. There is no story.
根本没什么猛料 没什么
Okay.
好吧
She’s holding the press interview today. Same time, same place.
公主今天要开记者会 老时间 老地点
Maybe that’s one story you can get.
你要将功补过
And you owe me 500 bucks!
你还欠我五百美元
Take it out of my salary, 50 bucks a week.
每周扣五十元薪金
Don’t think I won’t.
我当然会
Hey, what gives?
怎么了
Have we had a better offer?
有人开更高的价
Irving, I don’t know just how to tell you this, but.
艾文 我不知道该怎么说 但是
Wait till I sit down.
先让我坐下来
Well, in regard to the story that goes with these,
这个独家专访 还有这些照片
there is no story.
都没用处了
Why not?
为什么
I mean, not as far as I’m concerned.
总之就是没专访了
Hey, the pictures came out pretty well. You want to have a look at them?
照片很漂亮 你先看一下吧
How about a blowup from a negative that size?
这种相机竟能拍得好照片
That’s her first cigarette. Oh, yeah. At Rocca’s.
首次吸烟 对 在罗卡咖啡店
Hey, the mouth of truth.
真实之口
Oh, you want to know the caption I had in mind there?
我已想到标题
Barber cuts in.”
理发师剃你眼眉”
Well, here’s the one I figured would be the key shot for the layout.
这张照片是重点所在
“The wall where wishes come true.”
“愿望成真之墙”
Joe, that’s good.
乔 好主意
Lead off with that, then follow up with the wishes.
先是趣事照片 然后是愿望墙
I dug that up out of the file.
我从档案找出来
“Princess inspects police.”
“公主检阅警队”
Yeah.
对
“Police inspects princess.”
“警♥察♥检阅公主”
How about it?
意下如何
Joe, I got a topper for you. Pretty good.
乔 我给你一顶大礼帽 很棒
Is that a shot? What a picture!
还有更精彩的照片 厉害
Is that a shot, Joe?
不同凡响吧 乔
“Bodyguard gets body blow.”
“保镖自身难保”
Yeah. No, how about this?
不 这个吧
“Crowned head.”
“公主为你加冕”
I get it! That’s. Joe, you got.
说得好 乔 你
She’s fair game, Joe.
这种报导没不妥当 乔
It’s always open season on princesses.
公主是公众人物
You must be out of your mind.
你定是疯了
Yeah, I know, but.
我知道 但是
Well, look, I can’t prevent you from selling the pictures if you want to.
若你要卖♥♥这些照片 我阻止不了你
You’ll get a good price for them. Yeah!
你可以赚一大笔 对
You going to the interview?
你去记者会吗
Are you going?
你呢
Yeah. It’s an assignment, isn’t it?
去 这是我的工作 不是吗
Yeah.
是的
I’ll see you.
待会见
It ain’t much, but it’s home.
这没什么 但始终是个家
Ladies and gentlemen, please approach.
女士们 先生们 请上前来
Her Royal Highness.
有请公主殿下
Your Royal Highness, the ladies and gentlemen of the press.
公主殿下 这是各界传媒人士
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们 先生们
Her Royal Highness will now answer your questions.
公主殿下现在会回答你们的问题
I believe at the outset, Your Highness,
公主殿下 我相信
that I should express the pleasure of all of us
首先我要代表大家说
at your recovery from the recent illness.
喜见你急病痊愈身体无恙
Thank you.
谢谢
Does Your Highness believe that federation would be
公主殿下认为
a possible solution to Europe’s economic problems?
联盟有助解决欧洲经济问题吗
I am in favor of any measure
我支持任何
which would lead to closer cooperation in Europe.
促进欧洲各国紧密合作的措施
And what, in the opinion of Your Highness,
公主殿下又怎么看
is the outlook for friendship among nations?
欧洲各国未来的邦交
I have every faith in it,
我对此充满信心
as I have faith in relations between people.
正如我对人与人之间的关系一样
May I say, speaking for my own press service,
请容我代表我们报馆发言
we believe that Your Highness’s faith will not be unjustified.
我们相信殿下这种信心不会白费
I am so glad to hear you say it.
很高兴听见你这么说
Which of the cities visited did Your Highness enjoy the most?
殿下最喜欢哪个城市
Each in its own way.
每个城市都有
Each in its own way was unforgettable.
每个城市都有令人难忘之处
It would be difficult to.
很难说哪个
Rome.
罗马
By all means, Rome.
我最爱罗马
I will cherish my visit here in memory as long as I live.
我在罗马的日子定会毕生难忘
Despite your indisposition, Your Highness?
殿下 即使你在期间抱恙吗
Despite that.
没错
Photographs may now be taken.
现在可以拍照了
Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you very much.
谢谢 女士们 先生们 谢谢
I would now like to meet
现在我想认识
some of the ladies and gentlemen of the press.
一些传媒朋友
Hitchcock, Chicago Daily News.
希区科克 芝加哥日报
I’m so happy to see you here. Thank you.
很高兴认识你 谢谢
Scanziani, de La Suisse.
斯根安尼 瑞士日报
Klinger, Deutsche Presse Agentur.
克林格 德国时报
Maurice Montabre, Le Figaro.
莫里斯·蒙特布里 费加罗杂♥志♥
Sytske Galema, De Linie, Amsterdam.
希斯克·嘉丽玛 阿姆斯特丹报
Jacques Ferrier, Ici Paris.
雅克斯·费里 巴黎时尚
Gross, Davar, Tel Aviv.
格罗斯 新资电台
ABC电视台Cortes Cavanillas, ABC, Madrid.
科尔特斯·卡维拉斯 马德里
Lampe, New York Herald Tribune.
兰波 纽约信报 林柏
Good afternoon. Good afternoon.
午安 午安
CR摄记Irving Radovich, CR Photo Service.
艾文·雷德维奇
How do you do?
幸会
May I present Your Highness with some commemorative photos
请公主殿下收下这些
of your visit to Rome?
罗马照片作纪念
Thank you so very much.
非常感谢你
Joe Bradley, American News Service.
乔·布拉德利 美国新报
So happy, Mr. Bradley.
幸会 布拉德利先生
Moriones, La Vanguardia de Barcelona.
莫纳斯 巴塞罗那卫报
Stephen House of The London Exchange Telegraph.
史提芬·豪斯 伦敦电报
Good afternoon.
午安
De Aldisio, Agence Presse.
德·艾狄斯奥 通讯社