你曾离开过你的房♥间
You’ve been out of your room.
不 我没有
No, I haven’t.
保罗 我书房♥里的小陶企鹅一直都是面向着正南方向的
Paul, my little ceramic penguin in the study always faces due south
我不明白你在说些什么
I don’t know what you’re talking about.
陶企鹅
Ceramic penguin?
你是在找这个吗 (大妈心细得很 企鹅都不放过 何况这个)
Is this what you’re looking for?
我知道你曾出去过两次 保罗
I know you’ve been out twice, Paul.
起初我弄不明白你是怎么办到的
At first I couldn’t figure out how you did it,
不过昨晚我找到了你的钥匙
but last night I found your key.
我知道自己把剪贴簿留在了外边
I know I left my scrapbook out.
我能想象你会怎么看我
I can imagine what you might be thinking of me.
不过要知道 保罗 这没什么
But you see, Paul, it’s all okay.
昨晚我的思维相当清晰
Last night it came so clear.
我意识到你不过是需要更多时间
I realize you just need more time.
最终你会愿意留在这里
Eventually you’ll come to accept the idea of being here.
保罗 你听说过
Paul, do you know about the early days
金伯利(南非)钻石矿场过去的事吗
at the Kimberley diamond mines?
你知道他们是怎样对付那些偷钻石的土著工人的
Do you know what they did to the native workers who stole diamonds?
别担心 他们没有杀掉他们
Don’t worry. They didn’t kill them.
那样就像仅仅因为坏了一根弹簧
That would be like junking a Mercedes
便丢弃一辆梅赛德斯奔驰车一样
just because it had a broken spring.
不 一旦他们抓住偷钻石的工人 他们就得设法保证
No, if they caught them they had to make sure
工人们既能够继续工作
they could go on working,
但同时再也不能逃走
but they also had to make sure they could never run away.
这个办法就被称为”跛行“
The operation was called “hobbling.”
安妮 不管你现在打算做什么
Annie, whatever you’re thinking about doing,
求你不要那样做
please don’t do it.
安妮 看在上帝的
Annie, for God’s…
亲爱的 相信我
Darling. Trust me.
上帝的份上
God’s sake!
这是最好的办法
It’s for the best.
安妮 求求你!
Annie, please!
快完了 还剩一只脚
Almost done. Just one more.
上帝 我爱你
God, I love you.
你这欠日的
You cockadoodie!
去你的吧
Turn on this!
你这个傻瓜
You poop!
离它远点儿 好吗
Just leave it, all right?
我喜欢那种口气
I like that tone!
你要我跟你说多少遍
How many times do I have to tell you?
我这些东西摆放都是有规律的 那该死的玩意儿在哪儿
I have a system here! Where the hell is that thing?
什么玩意儿
What thing?
就是那玩意儿 (我都糊涂了 )
The thing!
找到了 就在它应该待的位置上
Here it is, right where it’s supposed to be.
这是什么
What is it?
我也不太清楚 也许什么都不是
I’m not sure. Maybe nothin’.
噢 我很高兴你找到它了
Well, I’m glad you found it.
你又在刺♥激♥我了
There’s that spice again.
医院育儿室再次发生婴儿死亡
妇产科护士被判入狱
“魔鬼女士”因涉嫌造成近期发生的婴儿死亡被捕
魔鬼女士声称自己无罪
威尔克斯站在法♥院♥外的台阶上对记者说:
“有种凌驾于人类法律之上的审判 我会由他来裁决”
“有种凌驾于人类法律之上的审判 我会由他来裁决”
过来 米瑟 过来
Come on, Misie. Come on.
嗨 小可爱
Hi, pumpkin.
真是孩子气 走吧 米瑟瑞
Such a kidder! Come on, Misery.
嘿 皮特
Hey, Pete.
老兄
Buster.
回答我几件事情
Answer me a couple things.
如果我能的话
If I can.
你有保罗 谢尔顿的新书吗
Do you have any new Paul Sheldon books?
噢 之前我们有一堆呢
Well, we had a batch.
3天内全卖♥♥光了
Sold ’em all out in three days.
你说不定知道威尔克斯女士有没有从这里买♥♥过一本 你还记得吗
You wouldn’t happen to know if Miss Wilkes bought one of them, would you?
你不是在开玩笑吧 那位兄台只要每次一有新书出版
Are you kiddin’? Every time that fella writes a new book
她必定会要我替她把第一本留下
she has me set aside the first copy.
她最近有购买♥♥什么奇怪的东西吗
Has she been buyin’ anything odd lately?
安妮 威尔克斯女士 还不是老样子
Miss Wilkes? Same old stuff.
除非你觉得买♥♥纸也算奇怪
Lest you call paper odd.
报纸
Newspaper?
不 是打字纸
No. The typin’ kind.
就是那种 除此之外没什么好奇怪的
That kind. Nothin’ odd about that.
威尔克斯女士做了什么不好的事吗
Miss Wilkes done somethin’?
没事了
Not a thing.
我不认为自己会理解你 我给你做饭
I don’t think I’ll ever understand you. I cook your meals,
我全天24小时对你进行特护
I tend to you practically 24 hours a day
而你却不停地反抗我
and you continue to fight me.
我们俩什么时候才能建立某种信任呢
(她的话越恶心越好 其实我也很辛苦)
When are we going to develop a sense of trust?
噢 我的天
Oh, my.
抱歉 我并非想要惊吓到你
I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you
但是你甚至都没有让我来的及敲门
but you didn’t give me a chance to knock.
我猜你能从我的反应中看出
I guess you can tell from my reaction
我并不习惯于有人到访
I’m not all that used to visitors out here.
我能为你做什么吗
What can I do for you?
嗯 我想知道 你是否碰巧知道什么关于保罗 谢尔顿的事吗
Well, I was wonderin’, do you happen to know anything about Paul Sheldon?
你想知道什么
What do you want to know?
是这样 随便你告诉我什么都可能会有帮助
Well, anything you could tell me might help.
嗯 他45年前出生于马萨诸塞州的伍斯特郡
Well, he was born in Worcester, Massachusetts, 45 years ago
是富兰克林 谢尔顿和他妻子海伦 谢尔顿的独子
the only child of Franklin and Helene Sheldon,
学生时代成绩平平 主修历史
mediocre student,majored in History…
嗯那些 那些并不是我想要知道的信息
Well that… That isn’t exactly the kind of information I’m after.
你也知道 他已经失踪很长一段时间了
You see, he’s been missin’ for quite some time now…
我知道 那让人很不安
I know. It’s so upsetting.
我是他的头号♥书迷
I’m his number-one fan.
他的书我全都有 甚至他写下的每一句话
I’ve got all his books. Every sentence he ever put down.
我对自己拥有如此齐全的保罗 谢尔顿收藏感到非常骄傲
(这次先收活人 再收木乃伊噢~)
I’m so proud of my Paul Sheldon collection.
噢 我就是这样 话说起来没完没了
Well, here I am, prattling on
完全把礼貌二字抛到了九霄云外
and my manners have just flown away.
我还没邀请您进来坐一下呢 请
I haven’t invited you in. Please.
谢谢
Thank you.
当然 你也一定知道那场可怕的事故了
Of course, you must know all about that horrible accident.
介意我四处看看吗
Mind if I take a look around?
当然不会
Of course not.
那个事故几乎也要了我的命
That accident almost killed me, too.
当我从新闻中听到这个消息的时候我便开始祈祷
I prayed when I heard the news.
我跪下祈求那不是真的
I got down on my knees and I begged for it not to be true.
接下来我说的话也许会让您想发笑
You’re gonna laugh at what I’m about to say
您就笑好了 我不在乎的
but go ahead, I don’t care.
就在我祈祷的时候 上帝告诉我要我做好准备
When I was praying, God told me to get ready.
准备什么
Get ready for what?
成为他的接替者
To be his replacement.
他给那么多人带来了如此多的欢乐
He gave so much pleasure to so many people
而这些天来世界正面临欢乐短缺
and there’s a shortage of pleasure on the planet these days,
要是你没有注意到
in case you hadn’t noticed.
上帝他告诉我 因为我是他的头号♥书迷
God told me, since I was his number-one fan,
因此我就该把自己当作保罗 谢尔顿继续编写新的故事
that I should make up new stories as if I was Paul Sheldon.
于是我便去了镇上买♥♥了部打字机
So I went to town, and I bought a typewriter,
还有打字纸
and paper to type on
同保罗 谢尔顿用的是一样的
the same kind Paul Sheldon used.
我把客房♥改成了一间写作室
And I turned the guest bedroom into a writing studio.
您想进去看看吗
Would you like to see it?
当然
Sure.
就在这边
It’s right this way.
我知道他是怎样写作的 他在之前的那些美妙的故事中
I know how he wrote. The kinds of words he used
都用了些什么样的词语
the wonderful stories he told.
我足足花了四周时间
I’ve spent the last four weeks
来试着模仿他的写作风格
trying to write like Paul Sheldon,
但是没有成功
but I can’t do it right.
我不断的试着 我知道所有的词句 可写出来却又不一样了
I try and I try, and I know all the words, but it’s just not the same.
噢 也许还要再花一些时间才能掌握
Well, maybe it takes a while to get the hang of it.
我可以让您看看已经写好的几百页

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!