你有想过吗 这还真的管用
What do you know? It actually works.
真令人惊奇
What a surprise.
你这个疯婆娘
You crazy bitch.
保罗 我把你要的纸买♥♥回来了
Paul, I’ve got your paper.
我希望这些应该够了 这是60刀长纹纸(刀 张数单位 一刀24张)
I hope it’s enough. It’s three reams of long-grain mimeo.
正是你要的那一种
Just the kind you asked for.
保罗 你在流汗
Paul, you’re dripping with perspiration.
你脸色看上去很红 你刚才在干嘛
Your color is very hectic. What have you been doing?
该死的你应该很清楚我刚才在干嘛
You know damn well what I’ve been doing.
我一直坐在这里忍♥受着痛苦
I’ve been sitting here suffering
我要吃药
I need my pills.
亲爱的你真可怜 等我把你扶上♥床♥再去替你把药拿来
Poor dear. Let’s get you back in bed and I’ll get them for you.
我现在就要
I want my pills now!
一会儿就好
It’ll only take a second.
不
No!
我要马上止痛 安妮
I want my pain to go away, Annie.
求你了 给我止痛
Please, make it go away.
求求你 安妮 求你了
Please, Annie. Please.
看见你这个样子真叫我心碎
It just breaks my heart to see you like this.
我在开车的时候想了很多
I’ve done a lot of thinking on the drive.
给你
Here you go.
我很肯定自己从不招人喜欢的主要原因
And I’m absolutely certain the main reason I’ve never been more popular
就是因为自己的脾气
is because of my temper.
你现在一定很生我的气 跟我说实话吧
You must be so mad at me. The truth, now.
嗯 有谁不会偶尔发泄点儿脾气呢
Well… Who doesn’t let off a little steam every once in a while?
我的天才在写作前需要休息
My genius needs his rest before he writes.
双脚抬起来
Footsies up.
行了
There you go.
给你这个 你有什么灵感的时候可以记下来免得忘了
Here. In case you think of any ideas.
噢 我可不希望经常用到它
Well, I wouldn’t expect too much.
别说傻话了 你会有灵感的
Don’t be silly! You’ll be brilliant.
可以把我当作你的灵感之源
Think of me as your inspiration.
我对你有信心 亲爱的(好想翻成:我看好你哦)
I have faith in you, my darling.
接着
Catch this.
“亲爱的”
“My darling.”
据推断保罗 谢尔顿现在极有可能已经死亡
The presumption must now be that Paul Sheldon is dead.
我们知道他设法爬出了车外
We know that he somehow managed to crawl outside his vehicle,
不过我们没能在事故现场附近地区找寻到他的尸体
but we have been unable to find his body anywhere in the vicinity of the accident.
我们还知道要是有人发现他的话
We also know that if anyone had found him
他们会将他送到地区医院去的
they would have taken him to an area hospital.
毫无疑问他被埋在附近这些积雪中的某个地方
Undoubtedly he is buried somewhere out there in the snow.
等雪融化后我们便能找到他
We’ll find him after the first thaw.
当然 这首先要他没被野兽吃掉才行
That is, unless the animals didn’t get to him first,
但这是极有可能发生的
which is a distinct possibility.
地方报纸…
Local papers…
刚才是由科罗拉多州警♥察♥总长谢尔曼 道格拉斯发表的
That was a statement from Colorado Police Chief Sherman Douglas.
关于著名小说家保罗 谢尔顿失踪事件的说明
The where abouts of famed novelist Paul Sheldon is…
我们会继续为您报道有关该事件的最新消息
We will be updating you with the latest…
你并不认为他已经死了 对吗
You don’t think he’s dead, do you?
嗯 他也许是死了 但不是他们说的那样
Well, he might well be, but not the way they say.
他根本没可能自己爬出那辆车
He never crawled out of that car by himself.
你可以看见车门上有凹痕
You can see the dents on the door there.
有人把他弄了出来
Someone pulled him out.
该死的
很抱歉 保罗 但这完全不对
I’m sorry, Paul. This is all wrong.
什么
What?
你得全部重写
You’ll have to do it over again.
它不值得你继续写下去 把它扔掉吧
It’s not worthy of you. Throw it all out.
除了那个以我的名字命名的挖墓者
Except for that part of naming the gravedigger after me.
你可以继续保留它
You can leave that in.
我真的很重视你的评论
I really value your criticism
或许是我们都有点仓促了
but maybe we’re being a little hasty here.
保罗 你写的不合理
Paul, what you’ve written just isn’t fair.
不合理
Not fair?
没错
That’s right.
我小时候在贝克尔斯菲(城市 位于美国加州)
When I was growing up in Bakersfield,
那时这个世界上我最喜欢的就是
my favorite thing in all the world
周六下午到电影院看连续剧
was to go to the movies on Saturday afternoons for the chapter plays.
绝岭雄风(影片名)
Cliffhangers.
那个我知道 先生
I know that, Mister Man!
他们还叫它系列剧 我可不是傻瓜 这你该知道
They also call them serials. I’m not stupid, you know!
不管怎样 我最喜欢的还是火箭人
Anyway, my favorite was Rocketman,
有一次播出没有刹车那集
and once it was a no-brakes chapter
坏人们把他困在山路上的一辆汽车里
and the bad guys stuck him in a car on a mountain road,
把他打晕了然后把门关上焊死
and knocked him out and welded the doors shut
之后他们破坏了刹车然后把车推了出去
and tore out the brakes and started him to his death.
当他醒来后就试着控制方向然后逃出去
And he woke up and tried to steer and tried to get out,
但是在他逃出之前汽车掉下了悬崖
but the car went off a cliff before he could escape,
汽车摔在地面起火燃烧
and it crashed and burned
而我是如此不安但又说不出的兴奋
and I was so upset and excited!
而第二个星期 你最好相信我那时坐在第一排
And the next week, you better believe I was first in line.
他们开始放映前通常都会重播上周的结尾
And they always start with the end of the last week
放的还是火箭人正在试图逃出那段(这个故事有寓意)
and there was Rocketman, trying to get out
眼看就快到了悬崖那里
and here comes the cliff
就在汽车冲出悬崖的一瞬间他跳了出来
and just before the car went off the cliff he jumped free
于是所有的孩子们都欢呼起来
and all the kids cheered!
但是我没有欢呼 我立刻站起来大声喊道
But I didn’t cheer. I stood right up and started shouting
“上周演的不是这样的 (女主角那时就有反脱出心理)
“This isn’t what happened last week!
你们全都得了健忘症吗 “
Have you all got amnesia?
”他们在愚弄我们 这不合理 “
“They just cheated us! This isn’t fair!”
”他没能从那辆欠日的车里逃出来 “
“He didn’t get out of the cockadoodie car!”
他们在连续剧里经常这样愚弄人
They always cheated like that in chapter plays.
但你不能这样 不能这样对我的米瑟瑞
But not you. Not with my Misery.
还记得伊安骑马去找柯利尔医生吗
Remember Ian did ride for Dr. Cleary
就在上一本书的结尾 但是他的马没能跃过那道篱笆
at the end of the last book, but his horse fell jumping that fence,
于是伊安摔伤了肩膀和肋骨 一整夜都躺在那条沟里
and Ian broke his shoulder and his ribs and lay all night in the ditch
他根本不可能到达医生那儿
and he never reached the doctor
因此也就没可能进行什么试验性的输血
so there couldn’t have been any experimental blood transfusion
来拯救她的生命
that saved her life.
于是最终米瑟瑞长眠于地下 保罗
Misery was buried in the ground at the end, Paul
所以你要从那时候开始写
so you’ll have to start there.
这样就合理了 那我还继续写吗
Is it fair? Should I continue?
这下好多了
You better!
噢 保罗 当伊安意识到
Oh, Paul! When Ian realized that
他们之所以会将米瑟瑞活埋是因为
the reason they’d buried Misery alive
蜂蜇让她暂时陷入了昏迷
was because the bee sting had put her in that temporary coma!
而当挖墓工威尔克斯回想起30年前
And when Gravedigger Wilkes remembered how 30 years earlier
同样的事也在伊芙莲 海德小姐身上发生过
the same thing had happened to Lady Evelyn-Hyde!
于是年迈的柯利尔医生就此推断米瑟瑞
And then old Dr. Cleary deduced that Misery
必定是伊芙莲 海德小姐失散多年的女儿
must be Lady Evelyn-Hyde’s long-lost daughter
这罕见的致命蜂蜇教我的心都要跳出来了
because of the rarity of deadly bee stings, my heart just leapt!
从第一本书开始我就知道
I’ve known from the very first book
米瑟瑞必定出身贵族
that Misery had to be born of nobility
看来我没有猜错
and I was right!
没错(接着无语)
Yeah.
保罗 等你完成每个章节后就能立刻让我看吗
Paul, can I read each chapter when you’re finished?
我可以补上那些”N“
I can fill in the “N’s.”
现在伊安将她从墓里挖出来 她是会跟从前一样
Will she be her old self now that Ian has dug her out
还是会失去记忆
or will she have amnesia?
那你的等着
Have to wait.
她依然会以那种特别的 完美的方式去爱着他吗
Will she still love him with that special, perfect love?
你还是得等
You’ll have to wait.
一点儿提示都没有
Not even a hint?
嗯-哼
Uh-uh.
米瑟瑞没有死 米瑟瑞还活着 这太浪漫了
Misery’s alive, Misery’s alive! It’s so romantic!
这让整间屋子都充满了浪漫的气息
This whole house is gonna be filled with romance!
我要放利勃瑞斯的唱片
I’m gonna put on my Liberace records!
你相当喜欢利勃瑞斯的 对吧
You do like Liberace, don’t you?
当他演出城市电波的时候
Whenever he played Radio City
你认为坐在第一排的人会是谁
who do you think was right there in the front row?
我会一整天的放唱片 激发你的创作灵感