我知道要你这样做很难 但这是最好的办法
I know this may be difficult for you, but it’s for the best.
其实也没这么困难
It’s really not difficult at all.
我的经纪人做了许多副本
My agent made dozens of copies.
在纽约还会有场手稿拍卖♥♥会
There’s gonna be an auction in New York.
现在纽约的每家出版社都在看这本书
Every publishing house in New York is reading it now.
因此如果你希望我烧了我的书 那好吧
So if you want me to burn my book, fine.
你并没有让任何东西从这个世界上消失
You’re not really ridding the world of anything.
那就划火柴把 保罗
Then light the match, Paul.
这没什么大不了的
It’s no big deal.
既然你已经说没什么了 那就动手吧
So you’ve indicated. Do it.
我知道这是唯一的一本 保罗
I know this is the only copy, Paul.
在你24岁写出自己第一本书的时候 你就没有留下副本
When you were 24 you wrote your first book, and you didn’t make a copy
因为你根本没想到会有人重视它
because you didn’t think anybody would take it seriously.
但是他们很重视 于是自此以后你从来都不留副本
But they did. And ever since you’ve never made any copies
因为你迷信
because you’re superstitious.
这也是为什么你总是回到那家银溪旅馆
It’s why you always come back to the Silver Creek Lodge.
这是一年前你对梅尔夫 格里芬说的
You told that story to Merv Griffin1 years ago.
梅尔夫 格里芬(FUCK)
Merv Griffin.
我告诉你吧 这本书不会出版
I’ll tell you what. It doesn’t ever have to be published.
没人有机会可以看到
No one ever has to read it.
我只是为自己留着的
I’ll just keep it for myself.
没人会知道它的存在
No one will even know it exists.
这本书一天不毁掉 你的思想就永远也得不到解放
As long as it does exist, your mind won’t ever be free.
我觉得你应该把火柴点着 保罗
I think you should light the match, Paul.
你就看不出这是上帝的旨意吗
Can’t you see it’s what God wants?
你这样的聪明
You’re so brilliant,
我想你毫无疑问会明白的
I would think you’d certainly be able to see that.
我们到这个世上是来帮助别人的 保罗
We’re put on this earth to help people, Paul.
正如现在我想帮助你一样
Like I’m trying to help you.
拜托 让我帮助你吧
Please. Help me help you.
你正在做的是一件正确的事情
You’re doing the right thing.
我的天哪 仁慈的上帝啊 噢 我的天
My goodness! Goodness gracious! Oh, my.
无题 保罗 谢尔顿著
天呀 上帝啊
Goodness! Heavens to Betsy!
噢 我的天哪 噢 我的天哪
Oh, my goodness! Oh, my goodness!
上帝啊 噢 我的天
Heavens to Betsy! Oh, goodness!
好了 烧得还算彻底吧
Well, isn’t that an oogy mess?
下边是斯蒂曼家
That’s the Steadman place down there.
往前面是威尔克斯农场
And that’s the Wilkes farm straight ahead.
没有65年的野马车
That’s no ’65 Mustang.
这里没甚么了 我们… 我们回去吧
There’s nothing else out this way. Let’s… Let’s circle back.
我相信冬季会
I do believe the winters are getting
一年比一年短
shorter and shorter every year.
人们说这跟臭氧层有关
People say it has something to do with the ozone layer.
你认为呢
What do you think?
我不知道
I don’t know.
是的 当然 这只是个理论
Yeah, well, it’s a theory.
这是你今天的Novril
Here’s your Novril.
好了 我们又回到了现场
All right. We’re back.
现在 你们将告诉我们现场观众们选择了谁
Now, you’re gonna have to remind us who the audience chose.
他们选了凯文 他们选了凯文
They chose Kevin. They chose Kevin.
嗨 凯文 – 嗨 你好吗 查克
Hi, Kevin – Hi. How you doin’, Chuck?
好的 就当在自己家一样 别紧张
Fine. Make yourself at home back there
接下来谢瑞会告诉我们关于本次约会的事
and Sheree will tell us about the date.
OK 首先 我挑选了一家非常漂亮的餐厅
Okay. First of all, I picked out a very classy restaurant.
那里太漂亮了 而他竟然没有打领带就出现了
It was so classy, and he shows up without no tie…
看见没 是不是很好看
See, isn’t this nice?
非常好 我一直想到房♥间的另一头去转转
Great. I always wanted to visit the other side of the room.
看看我都给你买♥♥了什么
And look what I got for you.
一支电动刮胡刀 这样今后你就能自己刮胡子了
An electric razor, so you can shave yourself now.
如果我早知道惊喜就是指的这个 我宁愿烧掉我所有的书(崩溃)
If I knew this was gonna be the surprise, I’d have burned all my books.
别耍嘴皮子了
Now, don’t poke fun!
今天对你来说可是相当重要的日子 保罗
This is a very big day for you, Paul.
你只要好好的坐着就行 我会把一切都安排好的
You just sit tight and I’ll set everything up.
安排什么
Set what up?
那是个大惊喜
That’s the big surprise.
你的新工作室
Your new studio.
毕竟 作家需要有地方来工作
After all, writers do need a place to work.
工作 你是指写作
Work? You mean write?
你凭什么认为我得写作呢
What in the world do you think I’d write?
保罗 我不认为我知道
Paul, I don’t think. I know.
现在你已经毁掉了那份龌龊的手稿
Now that you’ve gotten rid of that nasty manuscript,
你可以重新开始做你擅长的事
you can go back to doing what you’re great at.
你即将写出一本新的小说
You’re gonna write a new novel,
那将是你最为杰出的作品
your greatest achievement ever.
米瑟瑞归来
Misery’s Return.
米瑟瑞归来
Misery’s Return?
我知道在你杀掉她的时候自己心里其实并不是这样想的
I know you didn’t mean it when you killed her,
现在你可以纠正它
and now you’ll make it right.
这将是一本为答谢我
It’ll be a book in my honor,
救命之恩的感恩之作
for saving your life and nursing you back to health.
保罗 你将令我成为全世界羡慕的对象
Paul, you’re gonna make me the envy of the whole world!
你是希望让我匆忙间写点什么 对吧
You just expect me to whip something off, is that it?
我期望是一部任何方面都不输给你以往杰作的作品
I expect nothing less than your masterpiece.
你应该知道书可不是这样写出来的
You do understand that this is not the ordinary way in which books get written.
我的意思是 人们会认为这真的是一个很古怪的写作环境
I mean, some people might actually consider this an oddball situation.
我对你的才华完全有信心
I have total confidence in your brilliance.
此外 这里的美丽风景也会激发你的灵感
Besides, the view will inspire you.
你就好好的大吃一顿吧 我很快就回来
You just inhale that. I’ll be right back.
我猜你的邻居不是经常来麻烦你
I guess you don’t get bothered by neighbors much.
那个你一点都不用担心
Don’t you worry about that
你现在已经完全与世隔绝 这样你就能专注于写作上
you’ll have total solitude so you can concentrate on your work.
非常好(无奈)
Great.
我给你买♥♥来了这种高价的打字纸
I got you this expensive paper to type on
而这个打字机买♥♥得很划算 只花了50镑
and I got a great deal on this 50-pound clunker
因为它的字母“N”给掉了
on account of its missing an “N.”
我对女售货员说 “N”是我最喜欢的作家名字中的字母
I told the saleslady “N” was one of the letters in my favorite writer’s name.
而我最喜欢的护士的名字中这个字母出现了两次 她叫安妮
It’s two of the letters in my favorite nurse’s name, A-nn-ie.
你这个傻瓜(被男主角之前作品影响了) 我♥干♥得不错吧
You fooler! Did I do good?
你做得非常好
You did great.
不过只有一件小事
There is just one little thing.
我没法用这些纸写作 你看 全都黏在一起 这样字容易被弄花
I can’t work on this paper. See, it’s Corrasable Bond. It smudges.
因此我想可以的话 你能不能到镇上去一趟
So I thought maybe, if you went back into town
给我买♥♥些白色的长纹纸回来
you could bring me some white long-grain mimeo.
但我买♥♥的是最贵的 我就不明白它怎么会被弄花呢
But mine cost the most, so I don’t see how it can smudge.
过来 我给你看看
Come here, I’ll show you.
弄花了
真的容易弄花 但话说回来 这看上去不是挺好看的嘛
It does smudge, after all. Isn’t that fascinating.
我原本以为你会喜欢的
I thought you’d be interested.
我想让你参与写作的一切 安妮
I’d like for you to be in on everything, Annie.
不只是写完这本书 还有看着它是怎样写成的
Not just the finished book, but how it’s written.
谢谢你替我着想这么多
Thank you for thinking of me.
我到镇上的时候还需要买♥♥别的什么吗
Anything else I can get while I’m in town?
还有别的什么重要要求需要满足的吗
Any other crucial requirements that need satisfying?
你需要一个袖珍录音机吗
Would you like a tiny tape recorder?
或者买♥♥双手工制♥作♥的适合写作时穿的拖鞋
Or how about a handmade set of writing slippers?
不 把纸买♥♥来就可以了
No, just the paper will be fine.
你确定吗
Are you sure?
因为如果你希望的话 我可以把整座商店都给你搬回来
‘Cause if you want, I’ll bring back the whole store for you.
安妮 怎么了
Annie, what’s the matter?
怎么了 让我告诉你怎么了
What’s the matter? I’ll tell you what’s the matter!
我所做的一切都是为了你
I go out of my way for you!
我想方设法的让你高兴
I do everything to try and make you happy!
我喂你吃饭 给你擦洗身体 替你穿衣服 可你是怎样报答我的
I feed you, I clean you, I dress you, and what thanks do I get?
”你买♥♥错纸了 安妮“
“You bought the wrong paper, Annie.
”我没法在这种纸上写作 安妮 “
“I can’t write on this paper, Annie!”
好的 我会把你要的蠢蛋纸买♥♥来
Well, I’ll get your stupid paper
但是你最好表现出对我
but you just better start showing me
更多一点儿的感激之情 先生
a little more appreciation around here, Mister Man!
该死
Shit.
来吧 你在书里边写过这个的 现在就试试吧
Come on, you’ve written about this, now do it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!