I wouldn’t want to hurt this neck.
是这样 那天下午我正好在回家的路上
Well, the other afternoon I was on my way home
看见你走出旅馆
and there you were, leavin’ the lodge.
于是我就在想这位文学天才干嘛要在
And I wondered why a literary genius would go for a drive
暴风雪即将来临的时候开车外出
when there was a big storm comin’.
我不知道会有暴风雪
I didn’t know there was a big storm coming.
噢 那你真是幸运 同样的 我也很幸运
Well, lucky for you, I did. And lucky for me, too,
因为你还活着 这样就可以继续写出更多的书了
’cause now you’re alive and you can write more books.
噢 保罗 我看过你的所有作品
Oh, Paul, I’ve read everything of yours.
米瑟瑞系列小说 我简直烂熟于心
The Misery novels. I know ’em all by heart.
一共8本 我都非常喜欢
All eight of ’em. I love them so.
噢 你真是太善良了
Well, you’re very kind.
而且才华横溢
And you’re very brilliant.
像个婴儿一样乖乖的 好了
Like a baby. All done.
谢谢
Thank you.
你认为电♥话♥线何时可以修复 我得同我的女儿通个电♥话♥
When do you think the phone lines’ll be up? I have to call my daughter,
还有我想给我在纽约的经纪人打个电♥话♥
and I’d like to call my agent in New York
让她知道我还活着
and let her know I’m still breathing.
应该不用等太久了
It shouldn’t be too much longer now.
一旦交通恢复 电♥话♥线很快就能修好
Once the roads are open, the phone lines’ll be up in no time.
要是你把他们的电♥话♥号♥码给我 我会试着替你联♥系♥他们的
If you give me their numbers, I’ll keep tryin’ them for you.
谢谢
Thank you.
我可以向你提一个请求吗
Could I ask you a favor?
我注意到在你的皮夹里有一部新的保罗 谢尔顿作品 因此
I noticed in your case there’s a new Paul Sheldon book, and
我想否可以
I wondered if maybe…
你想看它
You want to read it?
嗯 如果您不介意的话
Well, if you wouldn’t mind.
嗯 对于谁能在未出版前阅读我的手稿
Well, I do have a very hard-and-fast rule as to
我有非常严格的规定
who reads my stuff at this early stage.
只有我的编辑 我的经纪人
Only my editor, my agent,
以及在暴风雪中救我让我免于冻死在倾覆的车里的人才可以看
and anybody that saves me from freezing to death in a car wreck.
您永远想也象不到您给我的是怎样一种特殊的待遇
You’ll never realize what a rare treat you’ve given me.
我的大男孩儿 你的疼痛就像时钟一样分秒不差
Boy, it’s like clockwork the way your pain comes.
我给你拿Novril来 保罗
I’ll get you your Novril, Paul.
请原谅我不停在说些废话让您感觉很无聊
Forgive me for prattling away and making you feel all oogy.
您这本新书叫什么名字
What’s your new book called?
我现在还没有想好
I don’t have a title yet.
是写什么的
What’s it about?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我知道这听起来有些不可思议 不过到目前为止我除了写米瑟瑞
I know it sounds crazy, but I haven’t written anything
没写过关于别的书
but Misery for so long.
你为什么不看看 然后告诉我
Why don’t you read it, and you can tell me
你认为它是写什么的
what you think it’s about?
说不定你能想出一个书名来
Maybe you can come up with a title.
听上去我好像能够办到
Like I could do that!
银溪旅馆
谢尔顿先生离开时跟往常没有什么不同 老兄
There’s nothin’ unusual about Mr. Sheldon’s leaving, Buster.
可从他点的香槟就能看出来
You can tell by the champagne.
也许你能 利比
Maybe you can, Libby.
不 要知道 在他准备离开前
No, see, he always orders a bottle of Dom Pérignon
他总会点上一瓶Dom Périgno香槟
when he’s ready to go.
结账之后便走出大门
Then he pays up and he’s out the door.
没有长途电♥话♥打来或是收到联邦快递包裹吗
No long-distance phone calls or Federal Express packages?
有什么异常表现吗
Anything out of the ordinary?
我不认为谢尔顿先生身上
I don’t think Mr. Sheldon likes
有表现出什么异常的
for things to be out of the ordinary.
想想他是什么人吧 那么有名
Considering who he is and all, famous and all,
可从没有架子
he doesn’t put on airs.
每次都开着同一辆65年款的野马汽车从纽约来
Drives up from New York in the same car each time, a ’65 Mustang.
他说这有助于他进行思考
He says it helps him to think.
他还是个很好的住客
He’s always been a good guest.
住在这里也非常的安静 连鬼魂都不会被打扰到
Never makes a noise, never bothers a soul.
我当然希望他不要发生什么事情
I sure hope nothing’s happened to him.
我也是
So do I.
我打赌那辆旧野马车现在已经开进纽约了
I bet that old Mustang is pulling into New York right now.
我相信你说得没错 谢谢 利比
I’m sure you’re right. Thanks, Libby.
不用客气
My pleasure.
我知道你的这本书自己只看了40页 不过…
I know I’m only 40 pages into your book, but…
不过什么
But what?
没什么
Nothing.
它怎么样
What is it?
噢 简直太荒谬了
Well, it’s ridiculous.
我怎么有资格对您这样的人发表评论
Who am I to make a criticism to someone like you?
没关系 我可以接受
It’s all right, I can take it.
嗯 写得很精彩
Well, it’s brilliantly written.
当然只要是您写的都非常精彩
But then everything you write is brilliant.
很粗俗吧
Pretty rough so far?
里边那些咒骂的话 保罗
The swearing, Paul.
是的 我说过的
There, I said it.
那些 那些粗俗的字眼让你觉得很不舒服吗
The… The profanity bothers you?
一点都不高贵
It has no nobility.
那些是贫民区的孩子们说的 我过去也生活在贫民区
These are slum kids.I was a slum kid.
那里每个人说话都是那样
Everybody talks like that.
他们才不是这样 (大妈把米瑟瑞代入自己身上了 )
They do not!
你认为当我到镇上的饲料店我会怎么说
What do you think I say when I go to the feed store in town?
“瓦利 给我来袋他妈的猪食”
“Now, Wally, give me a bag of that F-ing pig feed
“还有10磅婊♥子♥养♥的♥牛饲料 ”
“and 10 pounds of that bitchly cow corn”?
要是在银行 我会这样跟博林杰夫人说
And in the bank, do I tell Mrs. Bollinger,
“给你♥他♥妈♥的混♥蛋♥支票
“Here’s one big bastard of a check,
把神圣个你♥妈♥的♥钞票给我 “
“give me some of your Christing money”?
就是这样 你看看就是这样 看看你都让我做了些什么
There! Look there! See what you made me do?
保罗 我很抱歉
Paul, I’m sorry.
我真的很抱歉
I’m so sorry.
有时我真的很激动 您能原谅我吗
Sometimes I get so worked up. Can you ever forgive me?
没关系
It’s fine.
我爱你 保罗
I love you, Paul.
我是指 你得思想 你的创造力
Your mind. Your creativity. That’s all I meant.
嗯 这真的很刺♥激♥
Well, this sure is fun.
维吉尼亚 当你在这辆车上的时候
Virginia, when you’re in this car
你不是我太太 而是我的副手
you’re not my wife, you’re my deputy.
噢 这位副手她宁愿呆在家里
Well, this deputy’d rather be home
同警长裹在一条被子里
under the covers with the sheriff.
停车 停车 – 出什么状况了 出什么了
Stop. Stop – What? What?
看见这些折断的树枝没
See that broken limb?
可能是被雪压断的
Could’ve been the weight of the snow.
是吗 可能是腐烂了 也可能是被风吹断了
Yeah? Could’ve been a rotten branch, could’ve been the wind,
还可能是别的很多事情
could’ve been a lot of things.
该死
Damn!
需要帮忙吗
Need some help?
不 我不过是自说自话 谢谢
No, I’m enjoyin’ myself! Thank you.
你真的认为谢尔顿的车冲出了公路
You really think Sheldon’s out there?
我希望不是这样 如果是的话 他已经没命了
I hope not. If he is, he’s dead.
我们去报社吧
Let’s go to the newspaper office.
希望没吵醒你
I hope I didn’t wake you.
没有 没关系
No, that’s fine.
看看我都弄到了什么 商店里摆了你的书 保罗
Look what I got. They had it at the store, Paul.
商店里摆了好大一堆
There was a whole batch of ’em there
我一看见就马上掏出钱 我买♥♥到了第一本呃
and as soon as I saw it I slammed my money down. I got the first copy.
那么交通已经恢复了
Then the roads are open.
嗯 通向镇上的路通了 不过仅限于此
Well, the one to town is,but that’s about it.
我给医院打电♥话♥找首席外科医生谈过
I called the hospital and I talked to the head orthopedic surgeon
还告诉他您是谁以及事情的经过
and I told him who you were and what had happened.
他说只要没有感染你就不会有事
He said as long as there’s no infection you’re not in any danger,
一旦通向医院的道路恢复了
and as soon as the road to the hospital is open,
他们就会为你派辆救护车来
they’ll send an ambulance for you.
电♥话♥能用了吗
The phone’s working?
噢 我的电♥话♥还没接通 不过镇上的已经恢复了
Well, mine’s still out, but the ones in town were working just fine.
我已经跟你的经济人通过电♥话♥了
I called that agent of yours.
保罗 我刚看完书的前几页
Paul, I peeked at the very beginning.
第一页真是太棒了
What a wonderful first page.
一读到米瑟瑞 查斯顿这名字
Just to read the name Misery Chastain…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!