-你知道我们现在是什么情况的 -我知道
– You know the situation. – I do.
你知道游戏规则
You know the rules.
我知道 而我再也玩不下去了
I do and I can no longer play by them.
你破坏了我们之间的信任
We had a trust that you have now broken.
我知道
I know.
我难以自♥制♥
And I can’t help it.
我找到了我想要共度一生的伴侣
I’ve found the person I wanna spend my life with.
这种动力比任何规则都要强大
That is a drive much stronger than any set of rules
比任何关于婚姻意义和目的的疑虑都要强大
or any doubts about the meaning and purpose of marriage.
当然 要是你的感觉并没有和我的一样强烈
Of course, if your…feelings aren’t as strong as mine
那 我完全理解
then…I completely understand.
我和你一样
They are.
你知道我的感觉和你是一样的
You know that they are.
和我一样吗
They are?
从第一刻起就是了
From the first moment.
你真的觉得你做好了当继父的准备吗
You really think you’re ready to be a stepfather?
我知道我准备好了
I know I am.
你将会急速成长
You will be growing up in a very big hurry
跳过你的成年早期
skipping your young adulthood.
坦白讲 这有些言过其实了
Frankly, it’s overrated.
普通的成人期看起来要好得多
Regular adulthood seems much better.
我比你大了整整九岁
I’m 9 years older than you.
我不在乎
I don’t care.
你三十四岁的时候 我就四十三岁了
When you’re 34, I will be 43.
女人四十岁时是最美艳无双的
Women are at their most beautiful in their 40s.
好吧 这倒是真的
Okay. That’s true.
但是十年之后我就五十三岁了
But 10 years after that I’ll be 53.
到了那时我也会觉得
At which point I will believe
女人五十岁时是最美的
that women are at their most beautiful in their 50s.
-喔 那再十年之后呢 -我们现在是在干嘛 做算术题吗
-Oh, and 10 years after that? – What are we doing, sums now?
不是
No.
你认为保持一段婚姻的完整
Do you believe that keeping a marriage together
对孩子们来说总是最好的吗
is always best for the children?
我要是这么认为的话
If I believed that…
我就不会请求你嫁给我了
I wouldn’t be asking you to do this.
但是要是你是这么认为的话 那 你就必须得拒绝我了
But if you believe it, then…you have to say no.
这很复杂
This is complicated.
这太 太复杂了
This is very…very complicated.
不 我是说 是 这是很复杂
It’s not. I mean, yes, it is.
这当然是很复杂 但是同时
Of course, it is, but at the same time
这也很简单
it’s very simple.
我们愿意为爱做些什么呢
What are we willing to do for love?
你是怎么知道我手的大小的
How did you know the size?
我向售货员描述了你的手
I described your hands to the salesman.
所以你是答应了吗
Are you saying yes?
明天在这见我
Meet me here tomorrow.
我会带上行李
I’ll bring a suitcase.
我们先在这住上一会儿
We will live here for the first little while.
今晚我就会告诉瓦莱里 暂时没办法给你打电♥话♥
I will tell Valery tonight. I will not be able to call you.
只要
Just…
明天来这就好了
be here…tomorrow.
五点吗
At 5?
四点
At 4.
不会再有规则了
There are no rules anymore.
谁
Yes?
我是瓦莱里 请让我进来一下
It’s Valery. Let me in, please.
3楼C房♥
Apartment 3C.
请进
Please come in.
谢谢
Thank you.
想要喝点什么吗 我这有 额
Would you like something? I have, um —
我们有过共识
We had an understanding.
有过一条清楚的 神圣的 心照不宣的
A clear, honorable and tacitly acknowledged
界限
set of boundaries.
我知道
I know.
我本着赞同的态度
I have welcomed you into my family
欢迎你来到我的家庭
under a certain aegis
而现在你背叛了我们当中的每一个人
and now you have betrayed everyone involved.
我别无选择
I had no choice.
你确定你知道自己在干什么吗
Are you certain you know what you’re doing?
我确定
Yes.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我无意要伤害任何人
I meant no injury.
我知道
I know.
我很清楚如果我是你的话
I’m sure that if the roles had been reversed
我也会做出相同的选择
I would’ve done the same.
照顾好她
See to her.
布洛姆先生
Mr. Bloom.
嗯
Yes?
皮尔庞特夫人先前来过这
Madam Pierpont was here earlier.
她让我把这个转交给你
She asked me to give this to you.
我十一岁时开始工作
I started working when I was 11.
二十五岁时 我感觉我的事业走到了尽头
By 25, I could feel the end of my career coming.
我那时想 “现在要怎么办呢”
I thought, “What happens now?”
“我接下来的人生会是什么样的呢”
“What will be my life?”
我很害怕
I was terrified.
所以我犯了个年轻无知的错误
And so I made an error of youth.
有一些女孩很幸运
Some of the girls were lucky.
她们坠入过爱河 但是我一次都没有过
They had fallen in love, but not me. Not once.
尽管我周游过世界
Even though I had been all over the world
见过许许多多的人
and I had met everyone.
那年春天 我认识了瓦莱里
That spring, I was introduced to Valery.
他那时已是现在的模样
He was then just as he is now.
可靠 强大 优秀
Solid. Substantial. And good.
按照美国人的说法就是“社会中坚”
“The salt of the Earth,” As American like to say.
我对他产生了强烈的情感
I felt a great affection for him.
一种敬慕之情
A great respect.
这是爱情的一种
That is a kind of love.
我以为这是此生唯一一种我所能体会到的爱情
I thought it was the only kind I would ever know.
我并不完全相信
I didn’t believe enough.
我并不相信爱情
I didn’t believe in love.
八年后
8 years later
我发现我本应该相信爱情的
I discovered that I should have.
这种不知从何而来的新奇的快乐
It has stunned me, this new happiness
让我晕头转向
which came out of nowhere.
我的内心深处的秘密之门打开了
This secret door that has opened in me.
当我在你的臂弯里时
I have never felt so alive…
我感到从所未有的活力
as when I am in your arms.
这太吸引人了 以至于我忘记了一切
It is tempting, so tempting to forget about everything
欣然接受了这份天赐的爱情
and just accept this gift.
但是我不能这么做
But I cannot.
并不是因为我不相信
And not because I don’t believe
你能成为马克和伊洛蒂的好继父
that you would be a marvelous stepfather to Marc and Elodie.
成为我们或许会有的孩子的
And a wonderful father to the children
好父亲
we might have had together.
不是因为我们生活方式或年龄的不同
Not because of lifestyle or the difference in our ages
或是看待其他事物观点的不同
or the opinions of others.
瓦莱里和我结婚的时候 我们写下了我们的誓言
When Valery and I married, we wrote our own vows.
他一直以来都信守承诺
He has always kept his promise
我觉得我也应该这样
and I feel I must keep mine.
但是这远非如此
But it’s more than a matter of honor.
如果有一天 布莱恩 当你有了小孩
One day, Brian, when you have children
你就会明白 离开他们就是在离弃自己
you’ll understand that to leave them is to leave yourself.
而去伤害他们 更是难以想象
And to injure them, unthinkable.
我告诉过你 我是个守旧的女孩
I told you, I’m an old-fashioned girl.
请不要试着联♥系♥我
Please do not try to contact me.
这不会改变任何事
It will not change anything.
我伤心到难以和你告别
I am so sad to say goodbye.
和你分开
To be parted.
我都不敢相信
I can’t believe it, really.
我们之间仍有许多未尽的冒险
We had so many adventures still ahead of us.