他很喜欢
He loved it.
他 他说这故事结构有点松散凌乱
He — he said it was a little episodic
这只说明他不是一口气读完的
which only means he read it in several sittings.
他很爱你的创作手法 很爱
He loves your voice. Loves!
他希望你能写部小说
He wants you to start a novel.
然后由他来出版 他 他从未说过这样的话
He wants to publish you. He — he never says that.
他很挑剔的
He hates everything.
他只想先见下你
He just wants to meet you for one minute first
确保你不是个疯子
and make sure that you’re not a lunatic…
你什么毛病啊
What the hell is wrong with you?
她带了瓦莱里一起来
She brought Valery.
当然了 规则就是规则
Of course she did. Rules are rules.
所以我不该为此困扰吗 你就一点都不在乎吗
So this shouldn’t bother me? It doesn’t bother you at all?
在如此一个重要的晚上看见他们成双成对地出现在你面前
To see them here, on a night like this, in your world…
好了 别瞎想了
Okay. Get your head right.
快别瞎想了 因为现在你马上就要进行
Get your head right right now because you’re about to have
你一生中最重要的一次谈话了
the most important conversation of your life.
这不仅仅关乎到你的未来
And it’s not just your future here.
还有我的 所以你能做到吗
It’s mine too. So can you do it?
你能先撇开那个法国妹九秒钟 不要去想她吗
Can you put the French lady out of your mind for 9 seconds?
拜托 你只用伸出你的手
Please. Just stick out your hand.
像正常人那样说一句“你好吗 先生”
Say, “How do you do, sir?” Like a normal human being
然后你就能得到你梦寐以求的工作了
so you can have the career that you have always dreamed of
还是说你想搞砸这个机会 就像被个胖子
or are you just gonna blow it and incinerate
用来擦完鼻涕后就丢掉的舒洁面巾纸一样
and dissolve like a Kleenex in a fat man’s sneeze?
你 想明白了吗
Is — is your head right?
你脑子清醒了吗
Is your head right?
你 想明白了吗
Is…your head…right?
你比我疯狂多了
You are much crazier than I am.
-你清醒了吗 -嗯 嗯
– Is your head right? – Yes. Yes.
-我现在头脑很清醒 -好的
– My head is right. – Okay.
好的
Okay.
你只用说“你好吗 先生”
“How do you do, sir?” That’s all you have to say.
“你好吗 先生 你好吗 先生”
“How do you do, sir? How do you do, sir?”
“你好吗 先生 你好吗 先生”
“How do you do, sir? How do you do, sir?”
布莱恩·布洛姆 我来向你介绍下乔纳森·加拉西
Brian Bloom, I would like you to meet Jonathan Galassi.
-我们的出版商 -你好吗 先生
– Our publisher. – How do you do, sir?
是简教你这么说的吗
Did Jane tell you to say that?
是的 没错 先生
Yes. She did, sir.
好吧 在接下来的几年里
Well…over the coming years
我希望她说的几乎每一件事你都能去做
I want you to do almost everything she says.
我敢说我现在就是这样的
I’m pretty sure I already do.
等你有了新的创作灵感
I can’t wait to read what you write when…
我一定马上拜读
you’ve got something to write about.
等到那天
On that day
如果能出版你的书 我将感到非常荣幸
I’ll be honored to publish you.
这是我的荣幸
The honor will be all mine.
耶 这是我情不自禁发出的欢呼
Uh, that is my happy noise.
我不想多说什么了 但是你不能
I don’t mean to meddle, but you don’t stop
因为你儿子出了书就停止管教他了
being a parent just because your son’s name is in the paper.
-我明白你的用心良苦 爸爸 =山姆 他会想明白的
– I appreciate it, dad. – Sam, he will figure it out.
能让我说完吗
Can I finish this conversation?
类似的话题你早就说了不下八次了
You have finished it 8 times.
三十年来 我似乎从来没有
In 30 years, I don’t remember once
完整地说过一句话
ever being able to finish a sentence.
就你说话的这个水平 你还是少说点吧
Well, with your subjects, you don’t deserve predicate.
噢 这算是什么
Oh. What is that?
是对我智商的侮辱吗
A grammar insult. A syntax barb.
不是所有人都像我们一样幸运的 好吗
Not everyone is as lucky as we were, alright?
-不是所有人都能轻易得到想到的东西 -我知道
– Not everyone has it simple. – I know that.
你还记得我们当初有多信誓旦旦吗
Do you remember how sure we were?
还记得这种信心多快就消失了吗
And how quickly and how little was in our way?
你还记得我们第一次上♥床♥后
Do you remember what you said to me
你对我说了什么吗
after the very fist time we had intercourse?
你饿了吗
Are you hungry?
那句话之前
Before that.
嗯 我记得
Yes. I remember.
-我要下车了 -为什么要在这里下车
– I should go. – Why are we leaving you here?
-我想走走 -为什么
– I’d like to walk. – Why?
-我有好多事情要一个人静静地想想 -你可能会被人打劫的
– There’s a lot to think about. – You could get mugged.
被谁 筋疲力尽的上班族吗
By who? An exhausted office worker?
艾琳娜 你的儿子真是个疯子
Arlene, your son is a madman.
就因为他想走走路吗 你应该试着偶尔走走的
Because he walks? You should try it.
我真的很高兴你们今晚来了
I’m really glad you guys came tonight.
谢谢你们
Thank you.
听着 我真的很为你感到骄傲
Listen to me, I couldn’t be prouder.
我也是 儿子 由衷的
Me too, son. Honestly.
我们现在已经正式动用了那笔准备给你去读法学院的钱啦
We are now officially spending that law school money.
一半的钱
Half of it.
我爱你们 路上开车小心点 好吗
I love you both. Please drive home safely, okay?
我们到家的时候会给你打电♥话♥的
We’ll give you two and half rings when we get there.
好的
Alright.
去华盛顿还是塔本西
The GW or the Tappan Zee?
现在吗
At this hour?
你好
Hello.
我在珠宝方面有问题想请教你
I need your help with jewelry.
什么
I beg your pardon.
爱丽儿有什么特别中意的珠宝店吗
What jewelry stores does Arielle respect?
-这会儿可是半夜啊 -嗯
– It’s midnight. – Yes.
你干嘛要问我这个
Why are you asking me this?
因为对于女人的首饰我完全不了解
Because I’m spotty on women’s accessories.
你为什么要给她买♥♥珠宝
Why are you buying her jewelry?
我必须得说理由吗
Do I have to say?
你将会是我的作家 我将会是你的编辑
You’re gonna be my writer. I’m going to be your editor.
我们之间将会有这样一种关系
We’re going to have this kind of relationship.
什么关系
What kind of relationship?
一种你半夜打电♥话♥给我
The kind where you call me in the middle of the night
问我些不知所云的问题 然后我告诉你别犯傻的关系
asking me crazy questions and I talk you off the ledge.
你能痛快点告诉我要去哪给她买♥♥吗
Could you please just tell me where to shop for her?
什么类型的珠宝
What genre of jewelry?
珠宝还有分类型吗
There are genres?
送着玩还是认真的
Fun or important?
-认真的 -你买♥♥不起认真的
– Important. – You can’t afford important.
那就买♥♥我能买♥♥得起的里面最认真的
As important as I can afford.
告诉我个金额
Give me a dollar figure.
含税六千美金
$6000, including tax.
迪奥
Dior.
好的好的
Okie-dokie, then.
我现在得睡会了
I’m gonna get some sleep now, okay?
我就知道你会知道的
I knew you’d know.
如果现在是明天的五点就好了
I wish it were tomorrow at 5.
你能再待会吗
Can you stay for another moment?
我有些事想和你说
There’s something I wanna say.
当然
Of course.
我很想成为一个好作家
I would like to be a good writer.
写些对读者来说有意义的故事
And tell stories that mean something to people.
但是世界上唯一一件
But the only thing…
我真正想要做成的事
I really want in this world…
就是成为陪伴在你左右的人
is to be the man who walks beside you.
并不仅仅只是从五点到七点
Not just from 5 to 7.
这不够 远远不够
It’s not enough. Not nearly.
嫁给我吧 爱丽儿
Marry me, Arielle.
我想要成为你的丈夫
I wanna be your husband.
我想要做你孩子们的继父 如果你愿意的话
And stepfather to your children and if you wish it
我想有属于我们俩的孩子
I want us to have children together.
-我已经结婚了 -我知道
– I am already married. – I know.
所以这不是个传统的订婚戒指
And that’s why this is not a conventional engagement ring.
嗯 事实上一个传统的订婚戒指
That and the fact that a conventional engagement ring
需要更有分量
will require a somewhat more
才能掳获你的芳心
robust conquest of the marketplace.