They’re bid surfing. They’re trying to ride the crest of the big numbers.
但第一个电♥话♥是养狗的女人打的 他们怎么说
But the first call I got was from the Dog Ladies. What’d they say?
他想知道你的价 不想再竞拍了
They wanna know what number you need in order to stop the bidding.
好 不不不不
Well– No, no, no.
问他们最多能出多少
Tell them to make their best offer…
我们会给出价最高的
and we’ll give it to whichever is highest.
这才是正确方法 听上去不错
That’s the way it works. – Sounds good.
莉莉波特曼工作室 请稍等
Lily Portman and Associates. Please hold.
我会及时更新你的 你要出去的话一定带着手♥机♥
I’m gonna keep you posted. If you go out, take your cell phones with you.
莉莉波特曼 有什么能帮您的
Lily Portman. How can I help?
好
Yes!
我会想念这里的一切的 看看这里
I’m going to miss all of this. Look at it.
那我们为什么要搬呢 我不
Then why are we moving? I don’t–
好好 这
Okay. Okay, here. Okay.
你好 嗨这是卡梅医生
Hello? Yes, this is Dr. Kramer.
多萝西情况好转了 她已经清醒了 正在喝水
Dorothy’s come around. She’s conscious and she’s taking water.
真是太好了
That’s– That’s wonderful.
但还是没看到她腿动到现在 听上去不太好呢
But we haven’t seen any movement in her legs yet. That doesn’t sound good.
是么
Does it?
我们什么时候能去看他呢 也许明天
When can we come and see her? Maybe tomorrow?
也许对她来说是好事 为什么不明天早上来呢
It might be good for her. Why don’t you come by tomorrow morning.
好的听上去好极了
Well, that would be wonderful.
谢谢你 医生
Thank you very much, Doctor.
好
Okay.
好吧
Well– Well–
她正在和病魔抗争 好样的
She’s putting up a fight. Yeah. What would you expect from our little girl. Right?
好
Yeah. Yeah.
她肯定很害怕
She must be frightened though.
是的
Yeah.
她都不知道她在哪
She doesn’t know where she is.
她也不知道她要去哪
She doesn’t know where she’s going.
就像我们一样
Like us.
嗯
Mm-hmm.
像我们一样
Like us.
梅说他们会带杰克森来 他从夏威夷回来了
May said they’re gonna bring Jackson. He’s back from Hawaii.
天助我也
Look at that. God help us.
他是个好男孩
He’s a nice boy.
他不是男孩 他是49岁的老男人还和父母住在一起
He’s not a boy. He’s a 49-year-old man living with his parents.
别提他的父母了我知道了
Off his parents. All right, all right. I know.
他也不好过好么 我们也不好过啊
He’s struggling. Okay? We’re all struggling.
宝贝 你去和莱瑞谈谈你的画你会很开心的
Honey, it might be a good time to talk to Larry about your paintings.
我的垃圾们是这个意思么 不是
My clutter, you mean. No.
我不是这个意思
That’s not what I’m talking about.
等我们搬家的时候 我们得想办法处理一下他们了
I mean, when we move, we’re going to have to do something about it.
没人愿意要这些东西 啊
Nobody wants that stuff. Huh?
什么 没人愿意要
What? Nobody wants–
你又不知道
No, you don’t know that. Yeah.
我会把他们都扔了的 我觉得
I’m gonna throw it away, I think.
他们都是你的心血啊
They’re your life’s work.
老天
Oh, my God.
你永远都改变不了对吧
You never change, do you? I–
莱瑞说他七点落地
Larry said that he landed at 7:00.
只要别太堵车 你应该在晚饭前就能见到他
So as long as the traffic’s not too bad, he will be there to meet you before he has dinner.
这家伙 可是个很有影响力的人
And this guy, he’s– he’s very influential.
他的评论每次 都到处发表
His reviews are, uh– they’re all over the place.
你去哪 我回家啊
Where are you going? Home.
什么 快回来
What? Get back here!
你可是作者 大家都在等你呢
You’re the artist. Everyone is expecting you there.
没人在乎我的作品
No one gives a shit about my work.
我在乎 因为必须在乎啊
I do. ‘Cause you have to.
我不
No. I don’t.
相信我
Believe me.
等我们到了估计都没人了
We’re gonna get there, the place will be empty.
我的作品无聊又乏味 只是一个批评家这么说而已
My work is tedious. It’s derivative. That was one critic.
老天 你和小孩子一样
Oh, my God. You’re such a baby.
你每次办展出的时候都要这样么
Is this what you’re gonna be like every time you have a show?
不会的因为我不会再办秀了 因为没人想看我的作品
No, because I won’t have another show. No one cares about my work.
莱瑞在乎 只是因为他是我的朋友
Larry cares. Only because he’s my friend.
不 他展示是因为他觉得他能从中赚钱
No. He is showing it because he thinks he can make money selling it.
所以快别抱怨了
So you should stop whining…
感谢上帝你有莱瑞这种好朋友
and thank God that you have a friend like Larry.
应该感谢梅 是她帮莱瑞买♥♥下这家画廊
Should thank May. She’s the one who bought him the gallery.
是么
Oh, yeah?
也许你自己该娶个有钱的女人
Well, maybe you should’ve married a rich girl yourself.
也许我还真应该
Maybe I should have.
只可惜我却爱上了个来自布鲁克林的女孩
But what’d I do instead? I fell in love with some girl from Brooklyn.
老天 你说得对
Ah, geez. You were right.
空的
Empty.
大家 这位是艾利克斯 卡佛
Alex Carver, everybody!
嗨 莱瑞 嗨
Hi, Larry! – Hi!
最近工作怎么样
So anyway, tell me. How’s work going?
他正在代写的写一本书 是么
He’s ghostwriting a book for someone. Really?
是本自我帮助的书
Yeah, it’s a self-help book.
你还能代写一本自我帮助的书 我也是这么说的
How do you ghostwrite a self-help book? That’s what I said!
付我钱 我就在乎这个
It pays. And that’s– that’s all I care about.
多萝西的手术怎么样 还好
How did Dorothy’s surgery go? – Okay.
她的腿还是不能动
She’s still not moving her legs.
别这么说
Don’t say that! Oh, for crying out loud.
妈妈 爸爸住院的时候你也没这么伤心
Mother! You weren’t this upset when Daddy was in the hospital.
因为她爱狗比爱我还多
Because she likes the dog more than she likes me. Some days, that’s for sure.
桌子都准别好了 来吧
Oh, here we go. Table’s ready. Come. Come.
你应该留下点什么 哦 我忘记告诉你了
You should leave something. Oh, I forgot to tell you!
我们让别人来看♥房♥♥了今天 有人来么
We had the open house this morning. People came?
有啊 还来了不少呢 一小撮
They came. They came in droves. Small droves.
好吧 一小撮
Okay. Small droves.
我们现在该告诉他们么 当然
Should we tell them now? – Sure.
告诉我们什么
Might as well. Tell us what?
我宣布杰克森成为我画廊的新合伙人
Uh-oh! I’m making Jackson
my new partner in the gallery.
真的么
Really?
渔夫和儿子 合伙人
Fishman and Son. Partners.
棒极了 以后五五分成
That is terrific. 50-50.
谢谢 这真是太好了
Thank you. Isn’t that wonderful?
是的 杰克森会为我们注入新的活力的
Yeah, it is. Jackson will bring a more youthful take on things.
我们正在讨论你今天的展览
Anyway, we were talking today about your show.
好吧 你告诉他
Well, you– you tell him.
我们很喜欢你的作品 艾利克斯
We love your stuff, Alex.
大家都喜欢
Everyone does.
你已经成功30年还是35年了
You’ve been successful now, what, 30, 35 years?
嗯
Hmm.
但是
But–
现在你的画有点难卖♥♥
But right now your work is a hard sell.
现在画市都倾向于年轻人
I mean, uh, the market is skewing younger these days.
肖像画
Portraits…
人们不是那么感兴趣
are not high on people’s shopping lists.
不过会重新流行的
They’ll come back. Sure.
但可惜现在没那么流行
But right now, they are not moving like they used to.
而且你的最低要求是画能卖♥♥出去
And the bottom line is you wanna sell your stuff.
不是么 不好意思 杰克森 我不知道
Don’t you? – I’m sorry, Jackson. I don’t know.
我们是谈艺术还是销♥售♥
Are we talking about selling art or selling stuff?
别冲我发火啊
Hey, don’t shoot the messenger.
不是对你发火 而是真正的艺术家不是为了满足市场需要才画画的
No, because artists really don’t paint to satisfy the market.
明白了 艺术家画画是为了满足自己
See what I mean? Artists actually paint to satisfy themselves.
如果你要经营一家画廊
If you’re going to run a gallery,
你得明白一些道理
you know, it’s something you need to know.
放轻松露丝 我会的
Relax, Ruth. No, I will.
杰克森现在也做生意了 我知道
Jackson’s running a business. – Exactly. Exactly.
画廊也是生意啊
See, a gallery is a business.
我明白你意思了
I get what you’re saying.
你是说艾利克斯应该画
You’re saying that Alex should paint…
别人想让他画的
what people want him to paint.