Hey, Nat?
我们接下来直接去洛杉矶怎么样
How about we head down to L.A. After?
我想让你见见玛姬
I want you to meet Maggie.
奈特
Nat?
奈特
Nat?
我在阿尔布开克市的医院里
I’m in a hospital in Albuquerque.
奈特出事了
It’s Nat.
事实证明
And it turns out,
这是他这辈子第一次说真话
this is the first time in his life he’s telling the truth.
而且
And…
他快死了
he’s dying.
他真的快死了
He really is dying.
所以
So…
这就是
That’s…
我想对你说的
what I wanted to tell you.
再见
Bye.
我能再吃一个木薯吗
Could I get another tapioca, please?
-你真有一口好牙 -的确
– You’ve got a sweet tooth. – I do.
走进来些
Closer.
让我摸摸你的脸
Let me feel your face.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我们做得很好
We did good, though.
好极了
We got copasetic.
我们从没做到这样过
We’re not done yet.
过来
Come here.
把我从这儿带走
Get me out of here.
谢谢你能来
Thanks for coming.
以前从没有人让我坐头等舱飞过来
Well, nobody ever flew me first class before.
我只是做了我能做的
I do what I can.
你的胡子
Your mustache.
你希望我把它留回来还是什么
You want me to grow it back or what?
我在以前的一次纸牌游戏中赢得了这里
I won this place in a card game a long time ago.
我觉得 有一天 你会回来这儿
I figured, one day, you’d come here
带着你梦中的女孩 就像我一样
and bring the girl of your dreams, like I did.
有人住在这儿
Somebody’s been here.
我不记得这里有这么脏乱
I don’t remember the place being such a dump.
我们曾是一家人
We were a family once.
要船吗
You wanted a boat?
谢谢
Thank you.
你知道
Just so you know,
如果我能再来一次
if I could do it again,
我会做得更像一位父亲
I’d have been more like a dad,
陪你丢球 扎帐篷
tossed a ball, pitched a tent,
教你开车
taught you to drive.
你已经教过我开车了
You did teach me to drive.
我知道 艾尔叔叔
Come on. Uncle Al.
不 是你 是你
No, you did. You did.
在圣保罗的教堂后的停车场里
ln the parking lot behind St. Paul’s Church
我十一岁的时候
when I was 11.
你是对的
You’re right.
我怎么会做那样的事呢
How could I do a thing like that?
来吧
Come on.
有件事要我们去做
There’s something we got to do.
我花了我的一生
Well, I spent my whole life
去想要一个不一样的父亲
wanting a different kind of a father,
一个能照顾我而不是
one who would look after me instead of
被我照顾的父亲
me looking after him.
然而
And instead,
我有一个孩子气的 不负责任的
I got this infantile, irresponsible,
粗俗的 抠门的 满嘴胡言的艺术家父亲
uncivilized, cheap, jive-talking bullshit artist.
现在我摆脱你了
And now that I’m rid of you,
在这里
here…
在这里我却想要你回来
Here I am wanting you back.
这真典型
It’s typical.
你会很高兴知道
Oh, and you’d be happy to know
这个骨灰盒是买♥♥三十四元的汽油送的
that urn was free with $5 of gas.
我会想你的 父亲
I’m gonna miss you, Dad.
我们在下沉
We’re sinking.
拜托
Oh, come on.
我们应该做什么 怎么办
What do we do? What do we do?
抓住那儿的金属座
Hey, grab that metal cup right there.
水进得很快
It’s coming in fast.
舀水 舀水 快舀水
Bail, bail, bail, bail!
你为什么不划船
Why don’t you row?
舀啊
Bail!
你一定是在玩我 奈特
You got to be shitting me, Nat!
划啊
Row!
我做了什么
Oh, what did I do?
我的天啊
Oh, my God.
救命 救命
Help! Help!
这可不好笑
It’s not funny.
如果我有时间
And if I had the time
去消除你犯的罪的秘密
to solve the mystery of your crime,
你知道我会的
you know I would.
如果我必须去为你的机械设计定型
If I had to shape the form of your mechanical design,
你知道我能
you know I could.
但我已经在小路上来来回♥回♥失去了
But I’ve been up and down the lanes to lose
对你的记忆
the memory of your name, the sword
剑已出鞘
taken from this stone.
防至湖中
Put it in the lake.
但我的心已经愈合
But I mended up my heart,
即使伤的只剩下这骨头了
and I have nothing more than bones to break.
但我仍然
But I said,
坚信
I do believe
在你穿行的无尽的路上
on the endless roads you weave,
你会攀爬
you may climb,
你会跌落
you may fall,
你可能将一生耗费在这墙上
you could spend your lifetime on the wall.
我不介意
I don’t mind.
如果我有手将血从沙子中拿出
If I had the hand to take the blood out of the sand
或者让它干涸
or make it dry,
如果我知道一切的秘密
and if I knew about all the secrets of the earth,
我不会问为什么
I won’t ask why.
我已经在窗户的内外
Well, I’ve been in and out of windows
只为寻找一个出口
just trying to find a doorway.
我已将那附在我鞋上的
I’ve broken off the marble
大理石打碎
that has weighed upon my shoes.
但我的心已经愈合
But I mended up my heart,
即使我剩下的只有时间了
and I’ve nothing more than time to lose.
但我仍然
But I said,
坚信
I do believe
在你穿行的无尽的小路上
on the endless roads you weave,
你会攀爬
you may climb,
你会跌落
you may fall,
你可能将一生耗费在这墙上
you could spend your lifetime on the wall.
我不介意
I don’t mind.
如果我能看到
If I could look within
你那无尽的谎言
the endless tales upon your skin,
我会如此盲目吗
would I go blind?
如果我要在一个陌生的地方雕刻你的脸
If I could carve your face upon an unfamiliar place,
我会仁慈些吗
Would I be kind?
但我已看到了一个灵魂
But I’ve seen visions of a ghost
存在于唱片套上
that stand upon the record sleeve
那是关于我所有的消逝的梦想
of all my faded dreams
我已受到伤害
that I’ve broken at the seams.
但我心已愈合
But I mended up my heart
即使我只剩伤心了
and I’ve nothing more than sorrow on the brain
但我仍然
But said
坚信
that I do believe
在你穿行的无尽的小路上
on the endless roads you weave,
你会攀爬

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!