I’m dead, sir.
死了 那真是严重… 我可以帮您些什么吗?
Dead. That’s serious. Can I help?
你愿意娶我吗?
Will you marry me?
夫人 我很荣幸… 不过好像我的脚踝扭到了
Ma’am… I would gladly… um, I… but I fear my ankle is twisted.
那是什么?
What’s that?
那是未来!
The future.
要点牛奶吗?天哪 我还不知道你的名字 先生
Some milk? My god I don’t yet know your name, sir.
很奇怪 我好像已经很了解你了
How strange, I feel as though I know everything about you.
我也一样这么觉得… 我名叫夏默丁
When like meets like. My name is Shelmerdine.
奥兰多
Orlando.
那么 接下去就是些 不重要的小细节 比如…
So.. it only remains to fill in such unimportant details as..
我们到底是干什么的等等
What we do and so on.
你可以自己看 我曾经是什么人
Well you can see for yourself what I was.
曾经?
Was?
你知道吗 我马上就要失去所有的东西
You see, I’m about to lose everything.
那你可以跟我一起走
Then you can come with me.
去哪里?
Where are you going?
去美洲
Back to America?
当海风转向西南时
When the wind changes to the south-west.
美洲…
America.
我也曾经出过国
I’ve been abroad.
不过是去东方
But east.
那你肯定知道 旅行是多么美妙的一件事
Then you know as well as I, how good it is to travel.
就好像自♥由♥的精神
Like a free spirit.
从禁锢与封建中解脱出来
Unfettered by position or possession.
解脱?
Unfettered.
你是…
Are you…
职业的探险家吗?
An adventurer by profession?
我的”职业”…如果你愿意这么叫的话…
My profession, if you can call it that…
是追求自♥由♥
…it’s the pursuit of liberty.
“如同那不朽梦想的明亮阴影
The bright shade, of some immortal dream.
当风暴入睡时缓缓而行”
Which walks when tempus sleeps.
…象征人生的暗色溪流波光粼粼”
The wave of life’s dark stream.
雪莱”伊♥斯♥兰♥的反叛”
你其实并不需要一个丈夫
You don’t really want a husband.
我想你的旅行有时候肯定万般险阻
I suppose your journey is to be hazardous at times.
我想 你只是需要一个情人
Think, you want a lover.
你在战场上勇敢作战
You’ve fought in battles?
就像一个真正的男人?
Like a man?
没错
I have fought.
流过血?
Blood?
如果在必要的情况下 是的
If necessary, yes.
如果想获得自♥由♥ 必须去赢得自♥由♥
Freedom must be taken, if it must be won.
如果我是男人的话…
If I were a man…
你?
You?
我也许不会为了一个虚无缥缈的 东西去冒生命危险
I might choose not to risk my life for an uncertain cause.
而且我觉得 牺牲生命而换来的自♥由♥ 或许并不值得拥有
I might think that freedom won by death is not worth having.
事实上…
In fact…
你尽可以选择不要当一个男人
You might choose not to be a real man at all.
假如我是一个女人的话…
Say, if I were a woman…
你?
You?
我也许不会希望把我的人生全部花费在自己孩子身上
I might choose not to sacrifice my life caring for my children,
有时甚至是自己孩子的孩子
nor my children’s children,
不会希望把自己困死在女性应有的美德中
nor to drown anonymously in the milk of female kindness,
我更愿意背井离乡 飘洋过海
but instead, say, to go abroad.
从而成为…
Would I then be…
一个真正的女性?
A real woman?
我觉得头有些晕 我从没感觉这么好过
I think I’m going to faint. I’ve never felt better in my life.
“在夜晚第一度香甜的睡眠里
Rise, from pains of thee.
我从梦见你的梦中起身下了地
From first sweet sleep of night.
习习的夜风正轻轻地吹
Winds are breathing low.
灿烂的星星耀着光辉” (雪莱”印度小夜曲”)
Heavens stars are shining bright.
可这已经是白天了
But it is day.
不管是白天还是黑夜
Days are nice.
都已经融化在你的怀抱里了 奥兰多
Mingling are sweet embrace on end.
是谁?
Who’s there?
请原谅 夫人
Excuse me my lady, there are two officers…
外面有两位先生带来了女王的判决
…outside with a warrant from the queen.
女王?
The queen?
维多利亚女王 夫人 他们说 他们想当面跟您谈谈
Victoria, ma’am. The gentlemen say they must speak to you in person.
Oh.
我差不多全忘了
I’d almost forgotten.
夫人到了
Her ladyship.
法♥院♥判决
The lawsuit is settled.
我的性别无可置疑
My sex is pronounced indisputably and…
为女性
…beyond shadow of a doubt… female…
因此只有男性继承人才可以… 剩下的我也明白了
Therefore heirs made of my body will risk it taking…
如果我没有儿子的话我会失去一切
…as red. I lose everything unless I have a son.
你自♥由♥了
So you’re free.
这个世纪的精神最终还是影响我 并且击倒了我
I think the spirit of this century is finally taken me and broken me.
确实很糟糕
I would be sad if it were true.
不过也不尽然如此
But it is not.
跟我走吧
Come with me.
我不能
I cannot.
我不可以就这么简单地跟你走
I can’t just follow you.
你可以呆在过去停滞不前
You can stay and stagnate in the past or leave…
也可以为未来而活 你尽可以选择
…and live for the future, the choice is yours.
作为男性你可以选择 夏默丁
As a man one has choices, Shelmerdine.
奥兰多 你也可以干♥你♥想干的事
Orlando, you can do whatever you want.
你愿意跟我生个孩子吗?
Would you like to have a child with me?
这样你就可以保住你的庄园?
So that you can keep your house?
不 不是为了庄园 也许是为了爱情
No, not for the house Shelmerdine. Perhaps for love?
现在不是时候来试探一个男人的灵魂
These are the times that try men’s souls.
我的爱是对全人类的 我必须为自♥由♥而战
My love is for mankind, I must fight for liberty.
我必须为… -未来而战?
I must fight for a future. – For a future?
你所说的这个未来 夏默丁 什么时候才会到来?今天?
This future of yours Shelmerdine, when it’s gonna begin… today?
或永远是明天?
or is it always tomorrow?
图奇·奥兰多
Touché Orlando.
风向…
The wind.
风向…
The wind.
转向西南了!
The south-west wind.
永别了 夏默丁 祝你好运!
Good bye, Shelmerdine. Good luck.
奥兰多
Orlando.
重生
这确实太棒了
It’s really very good.
用内心在写作
Written from the heart.
我觉得它肯定会大卖♥♥的
I think it’ll sell.
不过你得稍微修改一下
Provided you rewrite it. You know.
爱情故事再多发展一点 再给一个大团圆结局
Increase the love interest. Give it a happy ending.
另外… 您花了多久写成的?
By the way, how long did this draft take you?
Come on. Come on.
她…
She.
对于她的性别并没有疑问
For there can be no doubt about her sex.
经过了一百多年的时间后
Is visiting the house she finally lost for…
第一次来到她已经失去的庄园
…the first time in over a hundred years.
她仍然有着与生俱来的美貌
She does still have certain natural advantages of course.
身材修长而苗条
She is tall and slim, with a slightly androgynous…
还有现如今女性争相追求的中性的外貌
…appearance that many females at the time aspire to.
以及她的修养
Then her upbringing,
她活了四百年 可一点也没有变老
she’s lived for four hundred years and hardly aged a day.
而且因为在英国的缘故
And because this is England.
人们假装根本没留意到这一点
Everyone pretends not to notice.
但是她还是变了一些
But she has changed.
她不再受命运的桎梏
She is no longer trapped by destiny.
将过往尽数抛在脑后之后
And… ever since she let go of the past…
她获得了新生
She found her life was beginning.
¶ I am coming. I am coming. ¶…
…¶ I am coming through. ¶…
…¶ Coming across the divide to you ¶…
…¶ In this moment of unity ¶…
…¶ feeling an ecstasy ¶…
…¶ to be here, to be now ¶…
…¶ At last I am free ¶
为什么你这么伤心?
Why are you sad?
我并没有 我感到非常快乐
I’m not. I’m happy.
看那儿 在上面
Look. Look up there.