如此有兴趣
…and amusement in such a remote corner of the world.
那么 我感觉那里的人♥民♥特别喜好…
However, I believe they have an interest in…
园艺
…horticulture.
那你就给他们送去些郁金香
I’d like you to bring them some tulips.
1700年
政♥治♥
POLITICS
我亲爱的大人 请您接受我们的款待
My dear sir, please accept my hospitality.
把我的宫殿当作您自己家一样
Feel that my home is your home.
像称呼自己的兄弟一样称呼我 任何事都可以满足您
And call upon me as you would a brother, for any of your needs.
您真的非常热情
You really are to kind.
我得说 您流利的英语
And I must say I’m most impressed by…
真是让人印象深刻
…your command of the English language.
我没有想到…我意思是…
I hadn’t expect… I mean…
我很难相信…
I wasn’t led to believe…
您为什么来这里?
Why…are you here?
我是作为大英帝国国王陛下的特使而来
I’m here as a representative of his majesty’s government.
是吗?
Yes?
我听说
It has been said to me that the
英国人有收集各种东西的习惯
English make a habit of collecting…
尤其是收集国家…
…countries.
我们对贵国的领土与主♥权♥没有任何企图
Oh. We have no designs upon your sovereignty at all.
真的 一点都没有
No one at all.
如果有外敌来犯
You would assist us…
你们会跟我们站在一边吧?
…in defence against mutual enemies?
那么 奥兰多 我敬贵国一杯
So Orlando, I salute your country.
敬大英帝国 翠绿而美丽的国度
To England, green and pleasant land.
And…
我也敬贵国
And I salute your country…
如此…
So…
广阔…
…spacious…
以及…
And…
如此热
So… warm.
啊 没错…
Ah, yes.
敬荣光的烈日 如此光芒四射 照耀着美丽的大地
To the glorious sun which shines so brightly on this bountiful earth.
一点没错
Quite so.
Erm.
是的…
Yes.
是的
Yes.
敬自然之美
To beauty of nature.
当然 也敬女性之美
And of course to the beauty of women.
与爱情的欢乐
And the joys of love.
我明白了
I see.
您来这儿是作为爱情的牺牲者 我的朋友
You’re here as a casualty of love, my friend.
她们并不像我们男人
They’re not like us fellows.
女人
Women…
有这样的说法
…it is said…
男人应该
…man should…
感谢创造女人的造物主
…reverence his guarding lord who created them.
他从一种物质中创造出另一种形态 从而作为伴侣
And from a single being created of like nature his mate.
从中而生出…
then from those two…
就像撒落的种子般
…scattered like seeds…
无数的男人
…countless men…
和女人们
…and women.
所以 奥兰多…
So Orlando…
让我们共同举杯 敬兄弟般的友爱
Let us now drink to brotherly love.
敬男性所拥有的美德
To the manly virtues.
忠诚!
Loyalty.
勇气!
Courage.
带我去见你们的主人 朋友
Take me to your master my dear fellow.
我说 带我去见你们的主人!
I said, take me to your master.
他说英语吗?
Do you speak English?
你说不说英语?
Do you speak English?
我向你保证 他肯定会见我的
Now look I can assure you he’ll would want to see me.
就让我过去吧
Just let me pass those, good now.
你是奥兰多大人?
Lord Orlando?
I.. erh…
请容许我自我介绍一下 我是哈利大公
May I present myself, I am the archduke Harry.
国王陛下所派的特使
Emissary from her majesty.
我来是为了通知您 蒙国王陛下的圣恩
I have come to inform you that your ten years here as ambassador…
您作为大使已经是第十个年头
…have been well appreciated by her majesty.
也为了庆祝新的世纪
would like to celebrate the new century…
因而您的
…by raising you…
爵位得以…
…to the highest rank…
晋升
…in the…
一个等级
…peerage.
Ahh.
我觉得得办一个晚会
There must be a party.
您获得此荣誉的意义才可得以展示
well of course one must demonstrate the gravity of an investiture,
一个大型聚会 有美食和娱乐活动
A large party, food and entertainment.
当然您也知道这里的习俗
But of course you know that they call customs
该邀请谁 以及入口的通报 谁是谁等等
Exactly who you should invite, to the ball. Who’s who.
怪了
Strange.
真是奇怪
Most strange.
也许…他们根本不知道什么叫准时
Perhaps they don’t hold punctuality in high regard?
作为安妮女王陛下的代表
As a representative of her majesty Queen Anne.
我感到非常荣幸
I am pleased…
与高兴
…and honoured…
将巴斯奥登的贵族头衔
…to bestow the most noble Order of the Bath…
给予这位女王陛下
…upon this…
忠实的仆人
…loyal servant…
在象征大使权利的
…for ambassadorial services rendered…
头冠…
…to the Crown…
以及
…and…
在上帝荣耀的见证下…
…for the glory of god.
我很遗憾此刻前来 可你们必须停止了
I’m sorry to arrive in this fashion but we must talk.
可这是极其无礼的!
But this is outrageous.
我把你们当作晚会的客人
I was expecting you as a guest at my party, I…
可没有料到你们居然带着敌意前来
…didn’t realize you were entertaining hostilities.
别人警告我 英国人很危险
I was warned that Englishman would be dangerous for me.
我想给你们机会来证明其实这是错的
I would like to give you an opportunity to prove this wrong.
容许我介绍一下 哈利大公 来自于英国
Then let me introduce you, this is the archduke Harry from England.
非常荣幸
Delighted.
奥兰多
Orlando.
敌人已经攻进城了
Our enemies are at the city wall.
你会帮助我吗?
Will you help?
你希望我拿起武器来?
You wish me to take arms?
你是英国人 奥兰多 当然有这个勇气了
Truly Orlando you an Englishman are not afraid?
阁下!
Sir.
大人
My Lord.
他们态度如此恶劣
Despite these appalling manners…
我觉得我们应该把保命放在第一位
…we must keep our interests alive in this region.
您觉得呢?
What do you recommend.
哈利 把你的武器分发下去 -给这些人?
Harry, distribute your arms. – But these fellows?
照我说的做! -可大人…
Do as I say. – But sir.
跟我来!
Follow me.
兄弟!
Brother.
随他去
Leave him.
随他去
Leave him.
这人快死了
This is a dying man.
这不是人 而是敌人
He’s not a man, he’s the enemy.
六天来他一直这样?
明天就是第七天了
同一个人
Same person.
根本没有差别
No difference at all.
只是换了性别
Just a different sex.
我回来了
Well, here I am again.
1750年
(英国古典主义时期)
社交
又有邀请函来了 夫人
Some more invitations my lady.
这不是那位一直在与文学圈人士 聚会的女士吗?
Is not this the lady famed for her literary gatherings?
没错 夫人 可您决不能单独前往
Yes ma’am, but you could not possibly venture there. Alone.
为什么?
Why ever not?
社交圈子里都是些非常危险的人 机智狡猾… 都是诗人
Society ma’am is full of dangerous individuals, which and… poets.
汝行之所 凉风拂过…
¶ Where you walk, call gale shall find the glade. ¶