TV: The sound Mom and Dad will never forget. For this, after all, is the miracle of birth.
爸妈永远忘不了这个声音。这个,毕竟是生产的奇迹。
Teacher: Lights, please. And that’s having a baby. Next week is our final class.
请开灯。那么这就是生产。下周是我们最后一堂课。
Ross: Susan, go deep.
Susan,(放低身体)准备接球。
Carol: This is impossible. It’s just impossible.
这太离谱了。这根本不可能。
Susan: What is, honey?
什么太离谱了,亲爱的?
Carol: What that woman…did. I am not doing that. It’s just gonna have to stay in. That’s all, everything will be the same, it’ll just stay in.
那个女人做的一切。我不会这么做的。他得留在我体内。就这样,一切和原来一样。他就留在我体内。
Ross: Carol, honey, shhh, everything’s gonna be all right.
Carol,亲爱的,不会有事的。
Carol: What do you know? No one’s come up to you and said, “Hi, is that your nostril? Mind if we push this pot roast through it?”
你怎么知道?有人这样问你吗?嗨这是你的鼻孔吗,我能将这肉块穿过去吗?
Susan: Carol, Carol, please. Cleansing breath. I know it’s frightening, but big picture: The birth part is just one day, and when it’s over, we’ll all gonna be parents for the rest of our lives. I mean, that’s what this is all about, right? Ross? Ross?
Carol,Carol,亲爱的,深呼吸。我知道你很惶恐,但是往长远想想,生产过程只是一天。结束之后我们这辈子都是他的父母了。我是说,怀胎生子为的不就是这些吗?Ross?Ross?
Ross: I’m gonna be a father.
我要当爸爸了。
Rachel: It’s just occurring to you?
你才刚知道吗?
Ross: I always knew I was having a baby, I just never realized the baby was having me. Oh, you’re gonna be great! Aw, how can you say that? I can’t even get Marcel to stop eating the bath mat. How am I gonna raise a kid?
我一直都知道我有孩子了,只是没意识到孩子也有我做爸爸了。哦,你会很棒的!你怎么知道?我连阻止马修吃浴室垫都办不到。我怎么会养孩子呢?
Chandler: You know, Ross, some scientists are now saying that, that monkeys and babies are actually different. You might want to look into it.
你知道么Ross,科学证明孩子和猴子是不一样的。我们可以验证一下。
Phoebe: Where you going?
你去哪里?
Joey: Out.
出去一趟。
Phoebe: With…?
和……?
Joey: Yes.
是的。
Phoebe: All right, could I just ask you one question? Have you two, you know… like, you know, you know, yet?
好吧,能问你一个问题吗?你们有没有,你懂的,就是,你明白的,你知道的,对吧?
Joey: Well, not that it’s any of your business, but, no, we haven’t, OK? You meant sex, right?
好吧,虽然这不关你的事,但是还没有,行了吧?你是指性吧?
Nina: Do you have a sec?
有空吗?
Chandler: Uh, sure, Nina. What’s up?
啊,当然,Nina,什么事?
Nina: I don’t know. For the past couple of days, people have been avoiding me and giving me these really strange looks.
我也说不清楚,最近几天大家都躲着我,而且用奇怪的眼神看我。
Chandler: Oh, well, uh, maybe that’s because they’re uh, jealous of us.
哦,这样,啊,可能他们在嫉妒我们。
Nina: Maybe. But that doesn’t explain why they keep taking my scissors.
或许吧。但是这也无法解释他们为什么总是拿走我的剪刀。
Chandler: Uh, well, maybe that’s, uh, because you’re getting a big raise.
啊,这样,可能是因为你被升职的缘故。
Nina: I am?
我升职了?
Chandler: Sure. Why not?
当然,为什么不呢?
Nina: Oh, my God! You’re amazing!
哦,天啊!你真是太好了!
Chandler: Oh, you don’t know.
哦你不知道我有多好。
Chandler: Helen, would you make sure we put through the paperwork on Miss Bookbinder’s raise?
Helen,能进行一下Bookbinder小♥姐升职的手续吗?
Helen: So you still want me to send her psychological profile to Personnel?
那么你仍然要我拿她的心理分析结果到人事部?
Nina: What?
什么?
Chandler: Helen drinks.
Helen喝醉了。
Chandler: Will you marry me? So after the proposal, I kind of unraveled.
注释:unravel:解开,解决。
你愿意嫁给我吗?所以在求婚之后,我差不多解释清楚了这件事情。
Ross: Right. Because you were really in control up until then.
是啊。因为你控制全盘直到那个时候。
Chandler: Well, I ended up telling her everything.
最后我把一切都告诉她了。
Rachel: Oh, how’d she take it?
哦,她怎么样?
Chandler: Pretty well. Except for the stapler thing. Little tip: If you’re ever in a similar situation, never ever leave your hand on the desk.
坦然接受。拿钉书机钉我除外。给你们个提示,以后遇见类似的状况切记别把手放在桌上。
Monica: Okay, I think I get how to do this.
好了,我想我知道怎么调了。
Phoebe: All right, so, can we turn this off? Just, just make it, make them go away? I can’t, I can’t look.
好吧,就是,我们能关掉它吗?就是,就是让它关掉,我没法看了。
Monica: Okay, Pheebs, they’re gone. Are you all right?
好了,Pheebs,关了。你还好吧?
Phoebe: Yeah.
还好。
Phoebe: It’s just, you know, it’s this whole stupid Ursula thing.
就是,我是说,就是Ursula的事。
Rachel: Ok, Pheebs, can I ask? So, he’s going out with her. I mean, is it really so terrible?
Pheebs,我能问吗?他就是和她约会了。我是说,真有那么糟吗??
Phoebe: Um, yeah. Look, I mean, I’m not saying she’s like evil or anything.
嗯,是的。听我说,我不是说她是很坏。
Phoebe: She just, you know, she’s always breaking my stuff.
她就是总弄坏我的东西。
Phoebe: When I was eight, and I wouldn’t let her have my Judy Jetson thermos, so she threw it under the bus.
我8岁的时候,我没给她我的Judy Jetson热水壶,她就把给丢到公车下面去了。
Phoebe: And then when I was twelve, she broke my collarbone.
我12岁的时候,她弄断了我的锁骨。
Phoebe: All right, I mean, she didn’t mean to do it, but I think it still counts.
好吧,我是说,她不是故意的,不过这也算。
Phoebe: And then, oh, and then there was Randy Brown, who was like, have you ever had a boyfriend who was like your best friend?
然后,哦,有个Randy Brown,他就是,你们有没有过男朋友又是你最好的朋友的情况?
Monica & Rachel: No.
没有。
Phoebe: Well, that’s what he was for me. And she, you know, kind of stole him away and then broke his heart. Then he wouldn’t even talk to me anymore. Because he said he didn’t wanna be around anything that looked like either one of us. I mean, I know Joey is not my boyfriend, or my thermos, you know, or anything, but…
好吧,我当时的状况就是这样。她呢,她把他抢走又伤了他的心。他从此不和我说话。因为他说他不愿再见像她的人。我知道Joey不是我男朋友或者热水壶或其他的什么,但是……
Chandler: You’re not gonna lose him.
你不会失去他的。
Monica: You gotta talk to Joey.
你得跟Joey谈谈。
Phoebe: Yeah.
没错。
Ross: Come on, he doesn’t know this stuff. If he knew how you felt…
别这样,他不知道这些,如果他知道你的感受……
Phoebe: But he’s falling in love with her.
但是他爱上她了啊。
Rachel: Please, they’ve been going out a week.
拜托,他们才约会一个星期。
Rachel: They haven’t even slept together yet, I mean, that’s not serious.
床都没上过,就是,根本不是认真的。
Phoebe: Okay. Okay. Oh, Okay, oh.
好吧。好吧。
Ursula: Oh, yeah, um, may we help you?
哦,你好,需要什么吗?
Monica: Rachel, what are you doing? It’s freezing out here. Would you come back inside?
Rachel,你在干什么?外面好冷。进来好吗?
Rachel: No no no no no. You wanted me to take them down, so I’m takin’ ’em down. OK? Whoa!
不不不。你要我把灯拿下来,我正在做,行了吧?啊!
Monica: Rachel! Rachel!
Rachel!Rachel!
Rachel: I’m okay! I’m okay!
我没事!我没事!
Rachel: Mr. Heckles? Mr. Heckles, could you, could you help me, please?
Heckles先生?Heckles先生,能不能,能不能帮我一下?
Mr. Heckles: See, this is just the kind of thing I was talking about.
看吧,我说的就是这种事。

 

老友记.本章节注释

注释:unravel:解开,解决。

 

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!