Ross: You wanna watch Laverne&Shirley?
你还要继续看《拉文与雪莉》么?
Ross: Sorry. Hi. Sorry I’m late. Where’s…where’s Carol?
抱歉。抱歉。我迟到了。Carol在哪儿?
Susan: Stuck at school. Some parent-teacher thing.
学校有事。就是一些老师和家长间的事。
Susan: You can go. I’ll get the information.
你可以走了。我留下来上课。
Ross: No, no, I think I should stay. We should both know what’s going on.
不,不。我应该留下来。我们两个都该知道怎么回事。
Susan: Oh, good. This will be fun.
哦,好的。一定会很有意思的。
Teacher: Alrighty. We’re gonna start with some basic third stage breathing exercises. So, Mommies, why don’t you get on your back. And coaches, you should be supporting Mommy’s head.
那么,首先是第三阶段基本呼吸练习。各位妈妈请躺下。教练们,你们应该支撑妈妈们的头。
Susan: What? What?
干什么?
Ross: What? What?
干什么?
Susan: I am supposed to be the mommy?
我应该扮演妈妈的角色?
Ross: OK, I’m gonna play my sperm card one more time.
好吧,我再打一次精♥子牌。
Susan: Look, I don’t see why I should have to miss out on the coaching training just because I’m a woman.
听着,我不觉得因为我是个女人,我就得错过教练训练。
Ross: I see. So what do you propose to do?
明白。所以你想怎么办?
Susan: Yeah. I will flip you for it.
嗯,我会掷铜板决定。
Ross: Flip me for it? No, no. Heads! Heads! Heads!
掷铜板?不不。我选头那一面!
Susan: On your back, Mom!
躺下吧,妈妈。
Teacher: All right, mommies, take a nice, deep, cleansing breath. Good. Now imagine your vagina is opening like a flower.
好了,各位妈妈们,请深呼吸。做的很好。现在请想像你的阴♥道像花一样绽放着。
Chandler: Mr. D! How’s it going, sir?
D先生,情况怎么样?
Mr. Douglas: Uh, It’s been better. The Annual Net Usage Statistics are in.
好多了。年度净值已经算出来了。
Chandler: And?
然后呢?
Mr. Douglas: It’s pretty ugly. We haven’t seen an ANUS this bad since the ’70s.
奇惨无比。70年代之后就没见过这么惨的ANUS。
Chandler: So what does this mean?
这代表什么?
Mr. Douglas: Well, we are gonna be laying off people in every department.
就是,每个部门都得裁员。
Chandler: Hey, listen, I know I came in late last week. But I slept funny and my hair was very very…
嘿,听我说,我知道我上星期迟到了。但是我那天睡姿不良把头发睡塌了……
Mr. Douglas: Not you. Relax.
不是你,放轻松。
Mr. Douglas: Ever have to fire anyone?
你之前开除过别人么?
Chandler: No, but that’s not a problem, sir. That’s why my name’s on the door. By the way do you know when I’m getting my name on the door?
没有,不过没问题的。这就是我的名字在门上的原因啊。你知道我什么时候能在门上有自己的名字吗?
Mr. Douglas: I don’t know. I’ll put it in the thing.
我不清楚。我会记着这件事的。
Chandler: It’s OK. So, uh, who is it gonna be? Nina! Nina. Nina. Nina.
没关系,那将会是谁呢?Nina!Nina。Nina!Nina。
Nina: Are you okay?
你没事吧?
Chandler: Yes. Yes, I am.
是的,我没事。
Chandler: Listen, the reason that I called you in here today was…. Please don’t hate me.
听我说,我今天叫你进来……是因为……请不要恨我。
Nina: What?
怎么了?
Chandler: Would you like to have dinner sometime?
我能约你共进晚餐吗?
Rachel: So, Pheebs, what do you want for your birthday?
Pheebs,你想要什么生日礼物?
Phoebe: Well, what I really want is for my mom to be alive and enjoy it with me.
嗯,我真正想要的是我妈妈能复活和我一起庆祝生日。
Rachel: Okay. Let me put it this way. Anything from Crabtree & Evelyn?
好吧。我这么说吧,想不想要Crabtree & Evelyn的产品?
Phoebe: Ooh! Bath salts would be nice!
哦!我想要浴盐!
Rachel: Oh. Okay! Good.
好的!没问题!
Jamie: What is this place?
这地方不怎么样啊?
Fran: Look, you’re cold, I have to pee and there’s a cup of coffee on the window. How bad could it be?
你看,你很冷,我想尿尿,窗户上有个咖啡杯。能坏到哪儿去?
Jamie: I think we have an answer.
我想我们有答案了。
Fran: What’s she doing here?
她怎么会在这儿?
Jamie: This could be God’s way of telling us to eat at home.
也许这就是老天爷在暗示我们应该回家吃饭。
Fran: Think she got fired at Riff’s?
她被Riff餐厅开除了吗?
Jamie: No, no, no. We were there last night. She kept bringing swordfish. Are you gonna go to the…?
不是吧,昨晚我们还在那儿吃饭,她不停端来剑鱼。你不是要去……?
Fran: I’m gonna wait till we order. It’s her, right.
点完之后再去。是她吧。
Jamie: It looks like her. Um, excuse me?
看起来像她。呃,打扰一下?
Phoebe: Yeah?
什么事?
Jamie: Hi, it’s us!
嗨,是我们啊!
Phoebe: Right. And it’s me!
这样。是我啊!
Jamie: So, so you’re here too.
你也在这里啊。
Phoebe: Much as you are.
和你们一样啊。
Jamie: Your turn.
该你了。
Fran: We know what we want.
我们知道我们要点什么。
Phoebe: Oh, that’s good.
哦,很好啊。
Jamie: All we want is two cafe lattes.
我们要两杯拿铁。
Fran: And some biscotti cookies.
注释:Biscotti:一种烤面包,这种面包需要烤两次。这里指用烤这种面包的方式烤出的饼干。
还有一些饼干。
Phoebe: Good choice.
不错的选择。
Jamie: It’s definitely her.
绝对是她。
Fran: Yeah.
没错。
Monica: I can’t believe you. You still haven’t told that girl she doesn’t have a job yet?
我真不敢相信,你还没告诉她她已经被开除了?
Chandler: Well, you haven’t taken down the Christmas lights.
你看你也还没把圣诞灯拿下来。
Monica: Congratulations. I think you’ve found the world’s thinnest argument.
恭喜。你找到了世上最薄弱的论点。
Chandler: I’m just trying to find the right moment, you know?
我只是在寻找适当的时机,明白么?
Rachel: Oh, well, that shouldn’t be so hard, now that you’re dating. “Sweetheart, you’re fired, but how about a quickie before I go to work?”
哦,这样应该不会太难,因为你们已开始约会了。亲爱的,你被开除了,我上班前何不来一”快炮”呢?
Joey: Hey.
嘿。
Chandler: You know once you’re inside, you don’t have to knock anymore.
你知道你进门之后就不用再敲门了。
Monica: I’ll get it. Oh, Hi, Mr. Heckles.
我来开。哦,你好Heckles先生。
Mr. Heckles: You’re doing it again.
你们又来了。
Monica: Doing what? We’re not doing anything. We’re sitting around talking, quietly.
我们什么都没做。我们只是坐在这儿安静地聊天。
Mr. Heckles: I can hear you through the ceiling. My cats can’t sleep.
我可以透过天花板听见噪音。我的猫睡不着。
Rachel: You don’t even have cats.
你根本没养猫。
Mr. Heckles: I could have cats.
我本来可以养猫。
Monica: Goodbye, Mr. Heckles.
再见了,Heckles先生。
Rachel: We’ll try to keep it down.
我们会小声点的。
Joey: Phoebe, could you do me a favor? Could you try this on? I just wanna make sure it fits.
Phoebe,帮个忙,能试穿看看吗?我想知道合不合身。
Phoebe: Oh, my first birthday present! Oh! This is really…
哦,我的第一件生日礼物!哦,这衣服真……
Joey: Oh, no, no. It’s for Ursula. I just figured, you know, sizewise….
哦不是的,这是送给Ursula的。我只是想知道尺寸合不合适……
Phoebe: Oh, sure, yeah. Okay, it fits.
哦,好呀。好了,合身。
Rachel: Are you seeing her again tonight?
你今晚又和她约会?
Joey: Yep, Ice Capades.
注释:Ice Capades:“白雪溜冰团”,美国著名的冰上舞蹈表演团体。
对,去看冰上舞蹈。
Chandler: Wow, this is serious. I’ve never known you to pay for any kind of “capade.”
这回你是来真的了。没想到你会为任何”capade”花钱。
Joey: I don’t know. I like her. You know? She’s different. There’s, um, something about her…
我也不知道,我喜欢她。你懂吗?她与众不同。她让我……
Phoebe: That you like. We get it. You like her. Great!
让你喜欢。我们懂了。你喜欢她。太好了!
Joey: Hey, Phoebe, I asked you and you said it was okay.
Phoebe,我问过你了而你也同意了。
Phoebe: All right, well maybe now it’s not okay.
好吧,也许我现在不同意了。
Joey: Okay. Well maybe now I’m not okay with it not being okay.
那么,也许我对于你的不同意也不同意了。
Phoebe: Okay!
好吧!
Chandler: Knit, good woman, knit, knit! And that’s the Chrysler Building right there.
快织,好女人,快织,快织!Chrysler大楼就在那儿。
Mr. Douglas: Nina!
Nina!
Nina: Mr. Douglas. Cool tie.
Douglas先生。领带不错。
Mr. Douglas: She’s still here.
她怎么还在这儿?
Chandler: Yes, yes, she is. Didn’t I memo you on this? See, after I let her go, uh, I got a call from her psychiatrist, Dr. Fl…Dr. Flennan, Dr. Flynn. And he informed me that she took the news rather badly. In fact, he mentioned the word “frenzy.”
是的,她还在这儿。我没用备忘录通知你吗?是这样,我开除她之后,接到了她精神医生Fl……Flennan,Flynn的电话。他说她一时无法接受这个消息。老实说,他提到”狂暴”这两个字。
Mr. Douglas: You’re kidding! She seems so…
开什么玩笑!她看起来……
Chandler: Oh, no, no. Nina? She’s whoowhoowhoowhoo.
哦不,不,Nina么?她……
Chandler: In fact, if you asked her right now, she would have no recollection of being fired at all, none at all.
其实如果你现在问她,她根本记不得被开除这件事。
Mr. Douglas: That’s unbelievable.
难以置信。
Chandler: And yet believable.
你不得不信。
Chandler: So I decided not to fire her again until I can be assured that she will be no threat to herself or others.
因此我决定暂时不再开除她,直到我确定她对自己或其他人不构成威胁为止。
Mr. Douglas: I see. I guess you never really know what’s goin’ on inside a person’s head.
我知道了。人的心中在想什么,别人永远无法完全了解。
Chandler: Well, I guess that’s why they call it psychology, sir.
我想这就是为什么叫做”心理学”了。

 

老友记.本章节注释

注释:Biscotti:一种烤面包,这种面包需要烤两次。这里指用烤这种面包的方式烤出的饼干。
注释:Ice Capades:“白雪溜冰团”,美国著名的冰上舞蹈表演团体。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!