Joanne: When are you coming home?
你什么时候回家?
Rachel: What? Guys, I’m not.
什么?我不回去。
Joanne: C’mon, this is us.
别这样,是我们啊(跟我们说实话吧)。
Rachel: I’m not! This is what I’m doing now. I’ve got this job you know, I even do my own laundry.
我不回去!这就是我现在要做的事,我有了工作。你看,我现在甚至能自己洗衣服了。
Rachel: This is what I am doing now.
这就是我现在做的。
Kiki: Waitressing?
当女服务生?
Rachel: Okay, I’m not just waitressing. I mean, I am…I write the specials on the specials board, and, uh…and I, uh…I take the uh dead flowers out of the vase…
好了,我不光是女服务生。我是……我会写每日的特色菜,而且我……我把死花从花瓶里换出来……
Oh, and, um, sometimes Artelle lets me put the little chocolate blobbies on the cookies.
注释:blobby: 滴状斑点。
哦,而且,恩,有时候 Artelle还让我在饼干上挤上巧克力滴。
Leslie: Well. Your mom didn’t tell us about the blobbies.
恩,你妈妈可没告诉我们挤巧克力滴的事。
Monica: Hey, Rach. How was it with your friends? Okay! How would you like some Tiki Death Punch?
注释:Tiki Death Punch: 醉生梦死鸡尾酒,一种自制的鸡尾酒。
嘿!Rach,和你的朋友怎么样了?好吧,要不要来点“醉生梦死”鸡尾酒?
Rachel: What’s that?
那是什么?
Monica: Weeeell, it’s rum, and
恩,有朗姆酒,还有……
Rachel: Okay.
好的。
Monica: We thought since Phoebe was staying over tonight we’d have kinda like a slumber party thing. We got some trashy magazines, we got cookie dough, we got Twister…
注释:cookie dough: 曲奇面团。
我们想既然菲比今天晚上在这儿过夜,我们最好开个睡衣派对什么的。现在我们有无聊杂志,曲奇面团,还能玩“扭扭乐”。。。
Phoebe: Ooh! Ooh! And I brought Operation! But, um, I lost the tweezers, so we can’t operate. But we can prep the guy!
哦哦,我带了”手术”游戏!不过,恩,我把手术钳搞丢了,所以我们做不了手术,不过我们可以做术前准备!
Monica: Uh, Rach, it’s the Visa card people.
呃,Rach ,是Visa信用卡部门打来的。
Rachel: Oh, God, ask them what they want.
哦,天呐,问他们有什么事。
Monica: Could you please tell me what this is in reference to? Yes, hold on.
能告诉我是关于什么事的吗?好,等等。
Um, they say there’s been some unusual activity on your account.
他们说你的帐户有点异常情况。
Rachel: But I haven’t used my card in weeks!
但我都几星期没用过信用卡了!
Monica: That is the unusual activity. Look, they just wanna see if you’re okay.
这就是异常情况。看看,他们就是想了解你是不是还好。
Rachel: They wanna know if I’m okay. Okay…they wanna know if I’m okay, okay, let’s see.
他们想知道我是不是还好,好吧,他们想知道我是不是还好,好吧,看看。
Well, let’s see, the FICA guys took all my money, everyone I know is either getting married, or getting pregnant, or getting promoted, and I’m getting coffee! And it’s not even for me!
恩,瞧瞧,FICA的家伙把我所有钱都拿走了,每个我认识的人都在结婚、或者怀孕、或者升职,而我在端咖啡!而且都不是端给自己喝!
So if that sounds like I’m okay, okay, then you can tell them I’m okay, okay?
如果这说明我很好,那好吧,你就告诉他们我很好,好吗?
Monica: Uh Rachel has left the building, can you call back?
呃,瑞秋出去了,稍后再打来好吗?
Rachel: Alright, c’mon! Let’s play Twister!
注释:Twister: 这个游戏被翻译成“扭扭乐”。游戏垫上4色圆圈排成6列,玩家(2-4人)站在游戏垫上,由一名裁判转动转盘,根据转盘颜色喊出要求(例如,转盘显示红色,裁判喊出:左脚红色!)。玩家根据要求迅速找到该圆圈并放上自己的手或脚。如果该颜色已经全部被占,则裁判再次转动转盘。手肘或者膝盖碰到游戏垫视为犯规,马上淘汰,在过程中摔倒者也立即出局。最后一个出局者获胜。
好了,来吧!我们玩”扭扭”游戏吧!
Ross: Sorry, sorry…Uhoh.
抱歉,抱歉……呃,哦。
Chandler: What? There was ice there that night with Carol? Plastic seats? Four thousand angry Pittsburgh fans?
怎么?跟卡萝那晚也有冰?也有塑料座位?也有四千个火药味十足的匹兹堡球迷?
Ross: No, actually I was just saying it looks like we’re not sitting together.
不,实际上我只是想说好像我们的座位没在一起。
But now you mention it, there was ice there that night…It was the first frost…
不过你既然提起了,那天晚上倒真是有冰……那是第一次结霜。
Joey: C’mon, sit. Just sit down, sit.
别这样,坐下。坐下吧,坐。
Monica: You should feel great about yourself! You’re doing this amazing independence thing!
你应该为自己感到骄傲!你正在做这件令人赞叹的“独立”的事情!
Rachel: Monica, what is so amazing? I gave up, like, everything. And for what?
Monica,这有什么令人赞叹的?我放弃了一切。这又是为什么啊?
Phoebe: You are just like Jack.
你就像杰克一样。
Rachel:…Jack from downstairs?
楼下的杰克?
Phoebe: No, Jack and the Beanstalk.
注释:Jack and Beanstalk:杰克和豆茎是一个童话故事,讲的是杰克用牛换了魔豆,后来收获财富和幸福的故事。
不,杰克和豆茎。
Monica: Ah, the other Jack.
啊,另一个杰克。
Phoebe: Yeah, right! See, he gave up something, but then he got those magic beans.
对了!看吧,他放弃了某些东西,但得到了魔豆。
And then he woke up, and this was big plant outside his window, full of possibilities and stuff…
而且他醒了后,窗外长出了巨大的植物,充满机会和希望。
And he lived in a village, and you live in the Village…
他住在一个小村里,而你也住在小区里。
Rachel: Okay, but Pheebs, Pheebs, Jack gave up a cow, I gave up an orthodontist.
好吧,不过Pheebs,杰克放弃的是一头牛,而我放弃的是一名牙医。
Okay, III know, I know I didn’t love him
好吗,我,我,我知道,我知道我不爱他。
Phoebe: Oh, see, Jack did love the cow.
哦,看看,杰克可是爱那头牛的。
Rachel: But see, it was a plan. Y’know, it was clear. Everything was figured out, and now everything’s just kinda like…
但那是人生规划,一切都非常清楚,都计划好了的,但现在一切都……
Phoebe: Floopy?
注释:floopy: 不顺利。
不顺利?
Rachel: Yeah.
就是。
Monica: So what, you’re not the only one. I mean, half the time we don’t know where we’re going.
那怎么样,又不光你这样。我们也经常不清楚自己的未来。
You’ve just gotta figure at some point it’s all gonna come together, and it’s just gonna be…unfloopy.
你只要相信在某个时候一切都会好起来,而且一切都会……变顺利。
Phoebe: Oh, like that’s a word.
哦,说的好像是个词一样。
Rachel: Okay, but Monica, what if what if it doesn’t come together?
对,不过莫妮卡,假如,假如好不起来怎么办?
Monica:…Pheebs?
Pheebs?
Phoebe: Oh, well…’cause…. you just…I don’t like this question.
哦,恩……因为……你只要……我不喜欢这个问题。
Rachel: Okay, see, see, you guys, what if we don’t get magic beans?
好吧,看看,如果没得到魔豆怎么办?
I mean, what if all we’ve got are beans?
我的意思是,如果我们得到的都是……普通的豆子怎么办?
Ross: Get him! GET HIM! Get him! Get YES! Not laughing now, are ya pal!
拦住他!拦住他!拦住他!拦对了!现在还不是笑的时候,好吗,老兄!
Chandler:You got it, buddy, all you needed were a bunch of toothless guys hitting each other with sticks.
看吧伙计,这才是你要的,一大群没牙的小子拿着棍子互殴。
Ross: Pass it! Pass it!
传球!传球!
Chandler: He’s open!
他有空档啊!
All: Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!
射门!射门!射门!
Chandler: Hey, look, we’re on that TV thing!
嗨,看呐,我们上荧幕了!
Chandler: excuse me.
打扰一下。
Receptionist: It says to call this number if you’re not completely satisfied with this candy bar. Well, I’m not completely satisfied, yeah, the label promises the nutty goodness.
注释:candy bar:长条状糖棒。
说是如果对这些糖棒不满意可以打这个电话,嗯,我就不太满意。好吧,标签上承诺坚果品质优良。
Chandler: Listen, it’s kind of an emergency. Well, I guess you know that, or we’d be in the predicament room.
注释:predicament: 困境,窘况。the predicament room意思是遇到紧急情况,自己(找个地方)着手解决。
听着,这儿有紧急情况。恩,我想你也知道,要不然我们就自己解决了。
Receptionist: Hold on. Fill these out, sit over there.
等一下,填表,坐那儿。
Ross: Look, I don’t wanna make any trouble, okay, but I’m in a lot of pain here, alright? My face is dented.
注释:dented: 凹进去的。
看着,我不想找麻烦,好吗,只是我这儿太疼了,好吗?我的脸都被打扁了。
Receptionist: Well, you’ll have to wait your turn.
恩,你还是得排队等。
Joey: Well, how long do you think it will be?
好,你看要多久?
Receptionist: Any minute now.
马上。
Ross: Hey, this…
嘿,这。
Rachel: I’m so sorry, you guys. I didn’t mean to bring you down.
对不起,各位。我不想让你们也垂头丧气的。
Monica: No, you were right. I don’t have a plan.
不,你是对的。我没任何计划。
Pizza Guy: Pizza guy!
送披萨的!
Monica: Phoebe?
Phoebe?
Phoebe: What?
什么?
Monica: Do you have a plan?
你有计划吗?
Phoebe: I don’t even have a “pla”.
我半个计划都没有。
Pizza Guy: Hi, one, uh, mushroom, green pepper and onion?
嗨,一个,恩,蘑茹、青椒加洋葱的?
Rachel: No, no, that’s not what we ordered…We ordered a fat-free crust with extra cheese.
不,不,这不是我们点的……我们点的是脱脂脆皮带双层奶酪的。
Pizza Guy: Wait, you’re not “G.Stephanopoulos?” Man, my dad’s gonna kill me!
等等,你不是”乔治·史蒂法诺普洛”?老天,我爸会杀了我的!
Monica: Wait! Did you say “G.Stephanopoulos?”
等等!你是说”乔治·史蒂法诺普洛”?
Pizza Guy: Yeah. This one goes across the street, I must have given him yours. Oh, bonehead, bonehead!
注释:bonehead: 傻瓜,笨蛋。
对,住在街对面那个,我一定是把你们的给他了。哦,笨蛋,笨蛋。
Phoebe: Okay you know when you do that, you are only killing yourself..
你知道这么做只是在伤害自己。
Monica: Wait, was this a, a small Mediterranean guy with curiously intelligent good looks?
等一下,是那个聪明伶俐的地中海来的小个子帅哥?
Pizza Guy: Yeah, that sounds about right.
对,好像是的。
Monica: Was he wearing a stunning blue suit?
他穿着很帅的蓝色衣服?
Phoebe: And, and a power tie?
而且,而且还打着很赞的领带?
Pizza Guy: No, pretty much just a towel.
不,他好像只是围了条毛巾。
Monica: Oh God.
哦天呐。
Pizza Guy: So you guys want me to take this back?
那你们需要我去换回披萨吗?
Monica: what? Are you nuts? ! We’ve got George Stephanopoulos’ pizza!
注释:George Stephanopoulos:乔治·史蒂法诺普洛 ,是美国有名的电视主播,政治评论员,以前做过民主党顾问。
什么?难道你疯了吗?我们现在有乔治·史蒂法诺普洛的披萨!
Rachel: Uh, Pheebs? Who’s George Snuffalopagus?
呃, Pheebs?谁是George Snuffalopagus ?
Phoebe: Big Bird’s friend.
大鸟的朋友吧。
Monica: I see pizza!
Monica: 我看到披萨了!
Phoebe: Oh, I wanna see! Let me see! Let me see!
哦,我要看!让我看看!让我看看!
Rachel: Hello? Who are we spying on?
喂?我们在监视谁?
Monica: You know the White House adviser? Clinton’s campaign guy? The one with the great hair, sexy smile, really cute butt?
你知道那个白宫顾问吧?克林顿的竞选伙伴?头发漂亮,笑容性感,屁股也很可爱。
Rachel: Oh, him, the little guy? Oh, I love him!
哦,他,那个小个子? 我好喜欢他。
Phoebe: Ooh, wait…wait, I see a woman.
哦,等等,等等,我看见一个女人。
Monica: Please tell me it’s his mother.
请告诉我那是他妈。
Phoebe: Definitely not his mother.
绝对不是他妈。
Monica: Oh, no…
哦,不……

 

老友记.本章节注释

blobby: 滴状斑点。
Tiki Death Punch: 醉生梦死鸡尾酒,一种自制的鸡尾酒。
cookie dough: 曲奇面团。
Twister: 这个游戏被翻译成“扭扭乐”。游戏垫上4色圆圈排成6列,玩家(2-4人)站在游戏垫上,由一名裁判转动转盘,根据转盘颜色喊出要求(例如,转盘显示红色,裁判喊出:左脚红色!)。玩家根据要求迅速找到该圆圈并放上自己的手或脚。如果该颜色已经全部被占,则裁判再次转动转盘。手肘或者膝盖碰到游戏垫视为犯规,马上淘汰,在过程中摔倒者也立即出局。最后一个出局者获胜。
Jack and Beanstalk:杰克和豆茎是一个童话故事,讲的是杰克用牛换了魔豆,后来收获财富和幸福的故事。
floopy: 不顺利。
candy bar:长条状糖棒。
predicament: 困境,窘况。the predicament room意思是遇到紧急情况,自己(找个地方)着手解决。
dented: 凹进去的。
bonehead: 傻瓜,笨蛋。
George Stephanopoulos:乔治·史蒂法诺普洛 ,是美国有名的电视主播,政治评论员,以前做过民主党顾问。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!