Friends Episode 8 Season 1: The one Where Nana Dies Twice.

 

老友记第1季第8集:祖母死了两回。

 

Shelley: Hey gorgeous, how’s it going?
嗨,帅哥,你怎么样?
Chandler: Dehydrated Japanese noodles under fluorescent lights…does it get better than this?
注释:dehydrated:脱水的。
注释:fluorescent:荧光的; 发荧光的;(颜色、材料等)强烈反光的。
在荧火灯下吃日本方便面…我能有多好?
Shelley: Question. You’re not dating anybody, are you, because I met somebody who would be perfect for you.
问个问题。你没有约会对象,是吧,因为我碰到个人与你非常般配。
Chandler: Ah, you say perfect might be a problem. Had you said ‘codependent’, or ‘self-destructive’…
额,说“完美”也许有点不恰当。你如果说“相互依靠”,或者“自我毁灭”的话…
Shelley: Do you want a date Saturday?
你想星期六约会吗?
Chandler: Yes please.
是的,拜托了。
Shelley: Okay. He’s cute, he’s funny, he’s…
好的。他很帅,很风趣,他……
Chandler: He’s a he?
他是男的?
Shelley: Well yeah!…Oh God. I just I thought…Good, Shelley. OK! I’m just gonna go flush myself down the toilet now. Okay, bye bye…
是的!…哦天呐。我只是我以为……好的,Shelley。我现在只想去把自己冲进下水道…好的,再见……
Chandler: Couldn’t enjoy a cup of noodles after that.
从那以后就没心情吃面条了。
I mean, is that ridiculous? Can you believe she actually thought that?
我意思是,那不荒谬吗?你能相信她真那样想吗?
Rachel: Um…yeah… Well, I mean, when I first met you, y’know, I thought maybe, possibly, you might be…
呃…对,恩,我是说,我第一次见到你时,要知道,我想也许,可能,你也许是……
Chandler: You did?
你原来以为?
Rachel: Yeah, but then you spent Phoebe’s entire birthday party talking to my breasts, so then I figured maybe not.
对,不过随后你在Phoebe的整个生日派对上都盯着我的胸部谈话。所以我想你也许不是。
Chandler: Huh. Did, uh…any of the rest of you guys think that when you first met me?
恩。呃…你们当中还有其他人第一次见到我时那样想过吗?
Monica: I did.
我想过。
Phoebe: Yeah, I think so, yeah.
是,我想是的,对。
Joey: Not me.
我没有。
Ross: No, no, me neither.
不不,我也没有。
Although, uh…you know, back in college, Susan Saladore did.
虽然,你知道,大学时代的苏珊这样认为。
Chandler: You’re kidding! Did you tell her I wasn’t?
开什么玩笑!你告诉她我不是了吗?
Ross: No….it’s just ’cause, uh, I kinda wanted to go out with her too, so I told her, actually, you were seeing Bernie Spellman … who also liked her, so…
没。只是因为,呃,我也有点想约她出去,所以我告诉她实际上你那时正在和Bernie Spellman谈恋爱……也就是另一个也喜欢她的家伙,所以……
Chandler: Well, this is fascinating. So, uh, what is it about me?
恩,这真是奇怪了。那么,呃,我到底有什么?
Phoebe: I don’t know, ’cause you’re smart, you’re funny…
我不知道,因为你聪明,你风趣……
Chandler: Ross is smart and funny, do you ever think that about him?
Ross聪明风趣,你们曾经觉得他也是过吗?
All: Yeah! Right!
是!对!
Chandler: WHAT IS IT? !
是什么?!
Monica: Okay, II don’t know, youyou just you have a quality.
好吧,我我不知道,你你只是你有一种气质。
All: Yes. Absolutely. A quality.
是的,绝对是,一种气质。
Chandler: Oh, oh, a quality, good, because I was worried you guys were gonna be vague about this.
哦,哦,一种气质,好的,因为我正担心你们这些家伙会搞不清楚这个呢。
Joey: You know, Chandler, I think it is going to work for you.
Chandler,我认为这会对你有用。
Chandler: Excuse me?
什么?
Joey: Sure, sure, women find you less threatening, they let their guards down, then boom, you are like a stealthy heterosexual.
当然当然,女人们发现你不是那么有威胁性,她们就会放低警惕,你简直就像个偷偷摸摸的异性恋者。
Monica: Hello? Hello? Oh! Rachel, it’s Paolo calling from Rome.
喂?喂?哦!Rachel,是Paolo从罗马打来的。
Rachel: Oh my God! Calling from Rome! Bon giorno, caro mio.
哦我的天!从罗马打来的! Bon giorno,caro mio.(意大利语)
Ross: So he’s calling from Rome. I could do that. Just gotta go to Rome.
他从罗马打电话来。我也可以,只要去罗马就可以了。
Rachel: Monica, your dad just beeped in, but can you make it quick? Talking to Rome. I’m talking to Rome.
Monica,你爸刚打进来,不过你能快点吗?我要和罗马通话呢。我在和罗马通话。
Monica: Hey dad, what’s up? God. Ross, it’s Nana.
嗨,爸,怎么样?天哪。Ross,是外婆。
Monica: Hey!
嗨!
Ross: Hey, Dad. So, uh, how’s she doing?
嗨,爸爸。呃,她怎么样了?
Aunt Lillian: The doctor says it’s a matter of hours.
医生说只有几个小时的时间了。
Monica: How, how are you, Mom?
妈妈,你你还好吗?
Mrs. Geller: Me? I’m fine, fine. I’m glad you’re here. What’s with your hair?
我?我很好,很好。真高兴见到你们来!你的头发怎么了?
Monica: What?
什么?
Mrs. Geller: What’s different?
有什么不一样了吗?
Monica: Nothing.
没什么。
Mrs. Geller: Oh, maybe that’s it.
哦,也许就是这个。
Monica: She is unbelievable, her mother was…
真是难以置信,她的妈妈……
Ross: Relax, relax. Okay? We are gonna be here for a while, it looks like, and we still have boyfriends and your career to cover.
放松,放松,好吗。看来我们要在这儿呆一段时间呢,而且我们还要掩护你的男朋友和你的工作呢。
Monica: Oh God!
哦,天哪!
Monica: The fuzzy little mints at the bottom of her purse.
注释:fuzzy:模糊的; 绒毛般的,毛茸茸的。
注释:mint:薄荷糖。
她钱包的底部那些发霉的薄荷糖。
Ross: Oh! Yeah, they were gross.
对,真恶心。
Oh, you know what I love? Her Sweet ‘n’ Los. How she was always stealing them from from restaurants.
哦,你知道我喜欢什么吗?她的代糖。她总是怎样从从餐厅里偷些出来的。
Mr. Geller: Not just restaurants, from our house.
不光从餐厅,也从我们家。
Nurse: Mrs. Geller?
Geller太太?
Ross: She looks so small.
她看起来好小。
Monica: I know.
我知道。
Ross: Well, at least she’s with Pop-Pop and Aunt Phyllis now.
注释:Pop-Pop:祖父
恩,至少现在她与祖父和Phyllis阿姨在一起了。
Monica: Aunt Phyllis is dead?
Phyllis阿姨死了?
Ross: Yeah, for about six years.
是的,大约六年了。
Monica: where was I?
当时我在哪里?
Ross: Where? were you…Can we focus, please?
哪里?你当时…我们别跑题,好吗?
Monica: Goodbye, Nana.
再见,外婆。
Ross: Bye, Nana.
再见,外婆。
Ross&Monica: Ah…
啊!
Mrs. Geller: What is going on? !
怎么回事?!
Ross: Y’know, how, how the nurse said that, that Nana had passed? Well, she’s not quite. .
你知道护士怎么说外婆过世了吗?额,她还没有完全过世。
Mrs. Geller: What?
什么?
Ross: She’s not past, she’s present, she’s back.
她没有去世,她还在,她活过来了。
Aunt Lillian: What’s going on?
怎么回事?
Mr. Geller: She may have died.
她也许死了。
Aunt Lillian: She may have died?
她也许死了?
Mr. Geller: We’re looking into it.
我们正在观察。
Ross: I, uh, I’ll go see.
我,呃,我要去看看。
Nurse: This almost never happens!
这几乎是从未有过的事!
Ross: Now she’s passed.
现在她去世了。
Chandler: I just have to know, okay? Is it my hair?
我,我必须要知道,好吗?是因为我的头发吗?
Rachel: Yes, Chandler, that’s exactly what it is. It’s your hair.
是的,Chandler, 完全正确。就是你的头发。
Phoebe: Yeah, you have homosexual hair.
对,你长了一头同性恋式的头发。
Rachel: Hey!
嗨!
Monica: Hi!
嗨!
Phoebe: Hi!
嗨!
Rachel: So, um, did she…
额,她过世了吗?
Ross: Twice.
两次。
Joey: Twice?
两次?
Phoebe: Oh, that sucks!
哦,真糟!
Joey: You guys okay?
你们还好吧?
Ross: I don’t know, it’s weird. I know she’s gone, but I just don’t feel, uh…
我不知道。有点奇怪。我知道她去世了,但我只是没感觉到,呃…
Phoebe: Maybe that’s ’cause she’s not really gone.
也许那是因为她还没真正离开。
Ross: No, no, she’s gone.
不不,她走了。
Monica: We checked. A lot.
我们检查过很多次。

 

老友记.本章节注释

注释:dehydrated:脱水的。
注释:fluorescent:荧光的; 发荧光的;(颜色、材料等)强烈反光的。
注释:fuzzy:模糊的; 绒毛般的,毛茸茸的。
注释:mint:薄荷糖。
注释:Pop-Pop:祖父。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!