Phoebe: hey, you know, this must be what the fridge looks like with the door closed… Spooky.
注释:spooky:鬼似的,幽灵般的;有点怪的,不可思议的;令人毛骨悚然的;稍微有些神经质的。
这应该就是冰箱关上门的时候的样子吧。太恐怖了。
Monica: Anybody hungry? We’ve got a Klondike … soup.
注释:Klondike:是一种食品品牌。
有人饿了吗?我们有克朗代克…汤。
Rachel: I’ve just never had a relationship with that kind of passion, you know, where you have to have somebody right there in the middle of a theme park.
我从来没有过那种激♥情似火的感情。你知道的,就是那种你和某人在主题公园中间那样。
Ross: Well, it was the only thing to do there that didn’t have a line.
嗯,如果不排队的话,就只能做那个了。
Rachel: Well, see? I mean Barry wouldn’t even kiss me on a miniature golf course.
嗯,是吗?Barry甚至在迷你高尔夫球场的时候都不会吻我。
Ross: Come on.
不会吧。
Rachel: No, he said we were holding up the people behind us.
不会,他说我们挡住后面的人了。
Ross: And you didn’t marry him because?
那你不和他结婚因为…?
Rachel: I mean, do you think there are people who go through life never having that kind of…
我的意思是,你觉不觉得有的人过完了一辈子,也不会有那种…
Ross: Probably. But you know, I’ll tell you something. Passion is way overrated.
也许吧。不过我告诉你,人们对于激♥情过高估计了。
Rachel: Yeah right.
是啊。
Ross: It is. Eventually, it kind of…burns out. But hopefully, what you’re left with is trust and security and…well, in the case of my ex-wife, lesbianism. So, you know, for all of those people who miss out on that passion thing, there’s all that other good stuff.
就是这样。最终激♥情都会燃烧殆尽。但是希望留给你们的是信任和安全,还有像我前妻这样,女同性恋关系。所以,要知道,对于那些错过了激♥情…之类的人来说,还会有很多其他美好的东西。
Rachel: OK. Ross: But, um…I don’t think that’s gonna be you.
好吧。不过,嗯…我觉得你不会那样的。
Rachel: You don’t.
你不这么认为。
Ross: Uhuh. See, I see…. a big passion in your future.
呃呃,嗯,我看到…你未来会有非常大的激♥情。
Rachel: Really?
真的吗?
Ross: Em.
真的。
Rachel: You do?
你确定?
Ross: I do.
确定一定以及肯定。
Rachel: Oh Ross, you’re so great.
哦,Ross,你太好了。
Joey: never gonna happen.
永远都不会发生的。
Ross: What?
什么?
Joey: You and Rachel…
你和Rachel。
Ross: What? Me and Ra? What? Why not?
什么?我和瑞?为什么不会?
Joey: Because you’ve waited too long to make your move and now you’re in the “friend zone”
因为你等太久都不行动,现在你已经在朋友区了。
Ross: No, no, no. I’m not in the zone.
不,不,不。我没在那个区。
Joey: Ross, you’re the mayor of the zone.
Ross,你是那个区的区长。
Ross: I’m taking my time, alright? I’m laying the groundwork. Yeah, I mean, every day I get just a little bit closer to…
我正在一步步来,好吗?我正在打好基础。对,我的意思是,我每天都前进一小步,更接近….
Joey: Priesthood!
更接近神父!
Joey: Look Ross, I’m telling you, she has no idea what you’re thinking.
Ross,我告诉你,她根本不知道你在想什么。
Ross: Oh yeah, she just ran her fingers through my hair. Were you missing that interaction?
是吗,她刚刚用她的手指缕我的头发。你没看见刚刚那种互动吗?
Joey: No, no, no. This is running fingers through your hair, okay? Now this is a tousle…Look, Ross, if you don’t ask her out soon, you’re gonna end up stuck in the zone forever.
注释:tousle:使(尤指头发)蓬乱,粗鲁地处理。
不,不,不。这才是缕你的头发。这不过是弄乱你的头发罢了。Ross,如果你不尽快约她,你将永远呆在那个区了。
Ross: I will, I will. I’m just waiting for the right moment. What, now?
我会的,我会的。嗯,我只是在等一个好时机。什么,现在吗?
Joey: Yeah. What’s messing you up? The wine? The candles? The moonlight? You just gotta go up to her and you gotta say, ‘Rachel, I think that…’
是的呀。你还缺什么?酒?蜡烛?月光?你只需要直接走上去,对她说说,“Rachel,我想…”
Ross: Shhhh!…
嘘!
Rachel: shushing?
注释:shush:发嘘声,叫…别出声,使安静。
嘘什么?
Ross: We’re shushing…because…we’re trying to hear something. Rachel: What?
我们在嘘…因为…我们在尝试听一种声音。什么声音?
Ross: Don’t you hear that?
你没听见吗?
Rachel: Ahhhh!
哦!
Ross: See?
听到了吧?
Rachel: Huh…
呃。
Jill: Would you like some gum?
想来片口香糖吗?
Chandler: Oh, is it sugarless?
嗯,是无糖的吗?
Jill: Sorry, it’s not.
不好意思,不是
Chandler: Then no, thanks. (What the hell was that? ) Mental note: If Jill Goodacre offers you gum, you take it. If she offers you mangled animal carcass, you take it.
注释:mangle:损坏,乱砍。
哦那不用了,谢谢。(刚刚到底是什么?)记住:如果Jill Goodacre请你吃口香糖,你就吃。如果她请你吃撕烂的动物尸体,你也得吃。
Phoebe: New York City has no power; And the milk is getting sour; But to me it is not scary; Because I stay away from dairy…la la la, la la, la la…
纽约没有电,牛奶在发酸。不过没关系,因为我不喝牛奶…… 啦啦啦,啦啦,啦啦……
Ross: OK, here it goes.
好吧,就这么办。
Joey: Are you gonna do it?
你决定啦?
Ross: I’m gonna do it.
我决定了。
Joey: Do you want me to help?
需要我帮助吗?
Ross: If you come out there, you’re a dead man.
如果你要在那出现,你就死定了。
Joey: Good luck, man.
祝你好运,兄弟。
Ross: Thanks. OK.
谢谢。好了。
Joey: OK.
好。
Joey: Hey, where are you going?
喂,你要去哪里?
Monica: Outside.
外面啊。
Joey: No, no, you can’t go out there.
不不,你不能去那儿。
Monica: Why not?
因为…一个原因。
Joey: Because of…the reason.
什么不能?
Monica: And that would be?
那么原因是?
Joey: I, um, can’t tell you.
呃,我不能告诉你。
Monica: Joey, what’s going on?
Joey,怎么回事?
Joey: OK, listen, you gotta promise that you’ll never, ever tell Ross that I told you.
好吧,你必须保证你无论如何也不会告诉Ross是我跟你说的。
Monica: About what?
关于什么的?
Joey: He’s planning your birthday party…
他正在计划给你开生日派对。
Monica: Oh my God! I love him!
哦,我的天!我太爱他了!
Joey: You’d better act surprised.
你最好还是装出很惊喜。
Phoebe: About what?
装什么?
Monica: My surprise party!
我的惊喜派对
Phoebe: What surprise party?
什么惊喜派对?
Monica: Oh stop it. Joey already told me.
哦,别装了。Joey都告诉我了。
Phoebe: Well, he didn’t tell me.
嗯,他没告诉我啊。
Joey: Hey, don’t look at me. This is Ross’s thing.
嗨,别看我。这是Ross的事情。
Phoebe: This is so typical. I’m always the last one to know everything.
每次都是这样。任何事我永远都是最后一个才知道的。
Monica: No, you are not. We tell you stuff.
不是的,我们什么事情都告诉你的。
Phoebe: Yuhhuh! I was the last one to know when Chandler got bitten by the peacock at the zoo. I was the last one to know when you had a crush on Joey when he was moving in.
是哦!我是最后一个知道Chandler在公园被孔雀咬了。我是最后一个知道Joey刚搬来时候你对他有好感。
Joey: What?
什么?
Phoebe: Oh, looks like I was the second to last.
哦哦,看起来我是倒数第二个(知道的)。
Joey: You had a crush on me?
你迷恋我?
Monica: All right. It’s wasn’t a crush. It’s a dent.
注释:dent:凹痕。
好吧,这不算是迷恋,是有点印象。
Joey: A big dent?
很深的印象吗?
Monica: Look, you were moving your furniture upstairs. I thought you had nice arms. That’s all.
你那时候正在把家具往上楼抬。我觉得你的胳膊不错,仅此而已。
Joey: Nice arms, huh? Hey, Mon, I’m moving the chair… Do anything for you?
哦,胳膊不错,是吗?嘿,Mon,我在搬椅子哦。你有什么感觉吗?
Ross: You know, with all the lights out, you can actually see the stars.
当所有的灯都灭了,你就能真正地看到星星了。
Rachel: Hmmm…so nice.
嗯,太美了。
Ross: OK, I have a question. Well, actually, it’s not so much a question, as it’s more about a general wondering…ment……
好吧,我有个问题。嗯,实际上,与其说是问题……不如说是一个一般的的疑惑……时刻。
Rachel: OK.
好的。
Ross: OK. Here it goes. Em…for a while now, I’ve been wanting to, um…
好吧,是这样的。一直以来我都想,嗯……
Rachel: Ohhh! !! !
哦!!!
Ross: Yes, yes, that’s right…
是,是,对的……
Rachel: Oh, look at that little girl!
哦,看那只小猫咪!
Ross: What? Ow!
什么?噢!
Monica, Joey, and Phoebe: I’m on the top of the world looking down on creation…
(唱歌) 我站在世界之巅,俯视红尘……
Monica: Alright, this is just Bactine. It won’t hurt.
注释:Bactine:消毒清洁剂。
只是巴克丁药水。不会痛的。
Ross: Ow!
哦!
Joey: Sorry, that was wax…
抱歉,那是蜡油。
Phoebe: Oh, poor little Tooty is scared to death. We should find its owner.
注释:tooty:(口)小猫。
哦,可怜的小猫咪真的吓坏了。我们得找到它的主人。
Ross: Why don’t we just put ‘poor little Tooty’ out in the hall?
为什么我们不把这只“可怜的小猫咪”丢到走廊去?
Rachel: During a blackout? She’ll get trampled!
在停电的时候?它会被踩到的!
Ross: Yeah?
是吗?
Chandler: Alright, alright, damage control. Get back to the gum.
好吧好吧,赶紧弥补一下。回到口香糖那个话题。
You know, I had my second thought. Gun would be perfection…
我又想了下,口香糖是绝佳的选择,
Gum would be perfection?… Gum would be perfection.
口香糖是绝佳的选择?口香糖是绝佳的选择。
Could have said ‘gum would be nice’. Could have said ‘I’ll have a gum stick’. But no, no, no, no. For me, gum is perfection.
我可以说 “口香糖不错”,也可以说“我也来一片吧“。但是,不不不。我说的是,口香糖是绝佳的选择。
I loathe myself…
我都鄙视我自己了。
老友记.本章节注释
spooky:鬼似的,幽灵般的;有点怪的,不可思议的;令人毛骨悚然的;稍微有些神经质的。
Klondike:是一种食品品牌。
tousle:使(尤指头发)蓬乱,粗鲁地处理。
shush:发嘘声,叫…别出声,使安静。
mangle:损坏,乱砍。
dent:凹痕。
Bactine:消毒清洁剂。
tooty:(口)小猫。