Ross: Hold on a second. You need to not touch any of those.
等等…你能不能不要碰那些东西。
Ross: Okay, bye Well, Monica’s not coming, it’s just gonna be me and Rachel.
没问题,再见好吧,莫妮卡不来了,就剩我和瑞秋了。
Chandler: Oh. Well, hold on camper, are you sure you’ve thought this thing through?
注释:camper:指在一群讨论的人中,很久没说话的人,也叫“潜水者”。
哦,好吧,等等,老兄,你确定你想清楚了?
Ross: It’s laundry. The thinking through is pretty minimal.
就是去洗衣店。不需要想太多。
Chandler: It’s just you and Rachel, just the two of you? This is a date. You’re going on a date.
只有你和Rachel,只有你们两个吧?这叫约会,你们是去约会。
Ross: Nuhuh.
不——呃。
Chandler: Yuhhuh. I haven’t done that in a while.
是——哈。我有阵子没这样做了。
Ross: Wait, is it a date if she doesn’t know? We’re going on a date?
她都不知道,能算约会吗?
Chandler: Yes, absolutely. Saturday night all rules apply.
当然算,星期六晚上,什么情况都适用。
Ross: So what’re you saying here? I should shave again, pick up some wine, what?
那你想说什么?我该刮刮胡子,带瓶酒什么的?
Chandler: Well, you may wanna rethink the dirty underwear. This is basically the first time she’s gonna see your underwear—you want it to be dirty?
呃,你可能要重新想想是不是要带穿脏了的内衣裤。事实上,这是她第一次看见你的内衣裤——你希望她看见的是脏的?
Ross: No.
不。
Chandler: Oh, and uh, the fabric softener?
哦,还有,还带织物柔顺剂?
Ross: Okay, okay, now what is wrong with my Snuggles? What, it says I’m a sensitive, warm kinda guy, you know, like a little fuzzy bear. All right, I can pick something else up on the way.
好,好,我的斯耐格柔顺剂又怎么了?怎么了,这表示我是一个敏感、体贴的人,你懂的,就像一只毛绒绒的小熊。好吧,我可以顺路买点其他的用。
Monica: Thank you. So what does this Bob guy look like? Is he tall? Short?
谢谢你,那这个鲍勃长什么样?高还是矮?
Joey: Yep.
对。
Monica: Which?
哪一样?
Joey: Which what?
什么哪一样?
Monica: You’ve never met Bob, have you?
你没见过鲍勃,对不?
Joey: No, but…
对,但是…
Monica: Oh my god, Joey, for all we know this guy could be horribly…
哦天呐,乔伊,这家伙很有可能非常……
Angela: Hey, Joey.
嗨,乔伊。
Monica:…horribly attractive. I’ll be shutting up now.
非常帅。我现在就闭嘴。
Chandler: Where are they? Where are they?
他们在哪儿?他们在哪儿?
Phoebe: This is nice. We never do anything just the two of us.
这样挺好。我们两个还从来没单独做过什么呢。
Chandler: It’s great. Maybe tomorrow we can rent a car and run over some puppies.
太好了。也许明天我们可以租辆车去压小狗。
Phoebe: Eww, I don’t wanna do that.
哦,这件事我可不想做。
Chandler: Here we go.
来了。
Phoebe: Okay, have a good breakup.
祝你有个愉快的分手。
Chandler: Hey, Janice.
嗨,珍妮丝。
Janice: Oh, my god, I am so glad you called me. I had the most supremely awful day.
哦,天呐,真高兴你给我打了电话。我今天过得一塌糊涂。
Chandler: Hey, that’s not good. Can I get an espresso and a latte over here, please?
嘿,那可不太好。能给我一杯浓缩咖啡和一杯拿铁吗?
Janice: We got the proofs back from that photo shoot, you know, the one with the little vegetables. Anyway, they pretty much sucked, so, I blew off the rest of the afternoon, and I went shopping…and I got you, I’m looking, I’m looking, I’m looking, I got you…
我们从那个照相馆取回底片,你知道的,有几颗小蔬菜的那个。不管怎样,他们太烂了,所以下午剩下的时间我就走了,然后我去逛街……给你买了…我找一找…我找一找… 我找一找…我给你买了…
Chandler: What?
什么?
Janice: What?
什么?
Chandler: What…did you get me there?
你给我买了什么?
Janice: I got you…these.
我给你买了……这个。
Chandler: Bullwinkle socks. That’s so sweet.
布尔温克图案的短袜。太贴心了。
Janice: Well, I knew you had the Rockys, and so I figured, you know, you can wear Bullwinkle and Bullwinkle, or you can wear Rocky and Rocky, or, you can mix and match, moose and squirrel. Whatever you want.
嗯,我知道你有洛基的,所以我就想,你懂的,你可以穿两只布尔温克图案的,或者你可以穿两只洛基的,或者,你也可以混搭着穿,一只骆鹿一只松鼠,反正随便你怎么穿。
Chandler: Well, I’m gonna get another espresso. More latte?
好吧,我想再要一杯浓缩咖啡,你要再来点拿铁吗?
Janice: No, no, I’m still working on mine.
不,不,我这杯还在喝呢。
Chandler: That’s it?
就这样?
Phoebe: Yeah, it was really hard.
是啊,真的好难。
Chandler: Oh, yeah, that hug looked pretty brutal.
哦,对啊,那个拥抱看起来真凶残。
Phoebe: Okay, you weren’t there.
好吧,你又不是当事人。
Chandler: Sorry.
对不起。
Phoebe: How’s it going with Janice?
珍妮丝那边进展的怎么样?
Chandler: Going? These aren’t going. She got me socks.
进展?没有进展。她给我买了袜子。
Phoebe: These go with your Rockys. Oh my god, she must really cares about you. I’m sorry.
这个可以跟你洛基的袜子搭啊! 哦,天呐,她真的很关心你。对不起了。
Woman: Coming through. Move, move.
借过,让让,让让。
Rachel: Oh, excuse me. I was kinda using that machine.
哦,抱歉。我要用这台机器。
Woman: Yeah, well, now you’re kinda not.
嗯,好吧,现在你用不了了。
Rachel: But I saved it. I put my basket on top.
但是我占了的,我把篮子放在上面的。
Woman: Oh, I’m sorry, is that your basket?
哦,对不起,那是你的篮子?
Rachel: Yes.
是啊。
Woman:It’s really pretty. Unfortunately, I don’t see suds.
注释:suds:肥皂泡。
篮子很漂亮,但很不幸,我没看见肥皂泡。
Rachel: What?
什么?
Woman: No suds, no save. Okay?
没有肥皂泡,就不算占了。明白吗?
Ross: What’s going on?
怎么了?
Rachel: Hi, uh, nothing. That horrible woman just took my machine.
嗨,呃,没什么。那个可恶的女人抢了我的机器。
Ross: Was your basket on top?
你的篮子放在上面的?
Rachel: Yeah, but there were no suds.
是,但是没肥皂泡。
Ross: So?
所以呢?
Rachel: Well, you know, no suds, no save.
嗯,你知道,没放肥皂泡,就不算占了。
Ross: No suds? Excuse me, hold on a second. This is my friend’s machine.
没肥皂泡?抱歉,你等一下。那是我朋友的机器。
Woman: Hey, hey, hey, her stuff wasn’t in it.
嗨,嗨,嗨,她的东西又没在里面。
Ross: Hey, hey, hey, that’s not the rule and you know it. All right. Show’s over. Nothing to see here. Okay. Let’s do laundry.
嗨,嗨,嗨,没这规矩而且你也知道的。好了,演出结束。没什么好看的。好了,我们开始洗衣服吧。
Rachel: That was amazing. I can’t even send back soup.
好厉害。我连退汤都不敢。
Ross: Well, that’s because you’re such a sweet, gentle…. uh…Do you, uh, do you…Oh, hey, uh you must need detergent.
啊,那是因为你是个温柔,可爱….呃……你,呃,你,哦,嘿,呃,你必须要放洗衣液。
Rachel: What’s that?
那是什么?
Ross: Uberveiss. It’s new, it’s German, it’s extra-tough.
乌伯维斯,新产品,德国货,效果超强大。
Ross: Rach, do you uh, are you gonna separate those?
瑞秋,你要,呃,你准备把这些分开洗吗?
Rachel: Oh god. Oh, am I being like a total laundry spaz? I mean, am I supposed to use like one machine for shirts and another machine for pants?
注释:spaz:(被人蔑视的)笨家伙。
哦,天呐,我就是个洗衣白♥痴。我想,我是不是应该用一台机器洗衬衣,另一台洗裤子?
Ross: Have you never done this before?
你以前从来没这样洗过衣服?
Rachel: Well, not myself, but I know other people that have. Okay. You caught me. I’m a laundry virgin.
嗯,没自己洗过,但我知道其他人这样洗。好吧,被你发现了,我是第一次来洗衣房。
Ross: Uh, well, don’t worry, I’ll use the gentle cycle. Okay, um, basically you wanna use one machine for all your whites, Okay, a whole other machine for your colors. And a third for your uh, your uh, delicates, and that would be your bras and your underpanty things.
啊,好吧,别担心,我会用轻柔循环模式的。好,最基本的,你得用一台机器洗你所有白色的衣服,好,另一台洗其他颜色的衣服。第三个洗……你贴身衣物,就是胸罩和内裤之类的。
Rachel: Okay, well, what about these are white cotton panties. Would they go with whites or with delicates?
好的,那这些棉质的白色内裤呢?和白色衣服一起洗,还是贴身衣物?
Ross: Uh, that, that, that would be a judgment call.
呃,这个,这个,这个你自己决定。
Monica: He’s so cute! So, where did you guys grow up?
他好帅!你们在哪儿长大的?
Angela: Brooklyn Heights.
布鲁克林。
Bob: Cleveland.
克里佛兰。
Monica: How did that happen?
怎么会这样?
Joey: Oh my God!
天呐!
Monica: What?
怎么了?
Joey: I suddenly had the feeling that I was falling. But I’m not.
我刚刚突然我在降落,但实际没有。
Joey: So, you and Angela, huh?
所以你和安琪拉在一起?
Bob: Yep. Pretty much.
对,差不多。
Joey: You’re a lucky man. You know what I miss the most about her?That cute nibbly noise she makes when she eats. Like a happy little squirrel, or a weasel.
你运气真好。你知道我最想念她什么吗?就是她啃东西的时候发出的可爱的小声音,就像一只开心的小松鼠或者鼬鼠。
Bob: Huh, I never really noticed.
我倒没注意过。
Joey: Oh, yeah, yeah, listen for it.
哦,对,对,注意听听。
Bob: Monica, Monica is great.
莫妮卡,莫妮卡很好。
Joey: Yeah, yeah, she is. But it’s not gonna last. She’s too much for me in bed. Sexually.
对,对,她很好。不过我们不会长久了。我跟她在床上心有余而力不足。性方面。
Monica: I’ve gotta tell you, Bob is terrific.
我跟你说,鲍勃简直太棒了。
Angela: Yeah, isn’t he?
是啊,不是吗?
Monica: It is so great to meet a guy who is smart and funny, and has an emotional age beyond, like eight.
真是太棒了,好不容易遇上一个像他这样的,既聪明又风趣,而且心智超过8岁小孩的。
Angela: You know what else? He’s unbelievable in bed.
还有你知道吗?他在床上更是一流。
Monica: Wow. My brother never even told me when he lost his virginity.
哇,我哥甚至都从来都没告诉我他第一次是什么时候呢。
Angela: Huh. That’s nice.
啊。那很好啊。

 

老友记.本章节注释

camper:指在一群讨论的人中,很久没说话的人,也叫“潜水者”。
suds:肥皂泡。
spaz:(被人蔑视的)笨家伙。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!