So I thought about it for a while…
我在字典里查了一下”出名”的意思
…and I looked up “Conspicuous” in the dictionary.
它指的是 吸引注意力
It means “To attract notice or attention.”
出名
Conspicuous.
是这样的 我有妻子
Look, it’s like this: I got a wife,
我有孩子 而且我缺钱
I got a baby and I got no money.
所以我不想介入任何事
So I don’t wanna step in anything.
这事我就不参与了 迪克斯 我没兴趣
You want to skip me on this one, Dix. I’m not interested.
-如果他们让他当游击手呢 -就是
– What if they said to put him at shortstop? – Exactly.
就是啊 皮·维
That’s right, Pee Wee.
我想如果他那么厉害能替代我
Well, I figure if he’s man enough to take my job,
那他当之无愧
he deserves it.
才不是呢
Oh, the hell he does.
他没有资格
He does not have the ice water
去打联盟赛
in his veins to play big league baseball.
-没错 -那就让他一展身手
– That’s right. – So let him show what he’s got.
罗宾森要么行 要么不行
Robinson can either play or he can’t.
后面的事不用操心
It’ll all take care of itself.
你这样会被打出界的 杰克
It’s gonna out you off, Jack.
所以球来的时候右脚要站在袋子上
So right foot on the bag when it comes.
就是这样 这就对了
There you go. That’s nice,
不错 杰基 跳起来
Nice, Jackie. Nice, Jackie. Pop that foot off.
球来的时候 右脚跳出去
When that ball comes, that right foot, just pop that.
跳出去 脚不要定在那里
Pop that. Don’t leave that foot on there.
怎么了 里奇先生
Yes, Mr. Rickey.
你那位记者朋友睡了吗
Have our friends in the press gone to sleep?
巴拿马为处海峡 此处是指巴拿马国
我们是整个海峡唯一醒着的两个人 里奇先生
We are the only people awake on this entire isthmus, Mr. Rickey.
关于这次的请♥愿♥ 里奥
About this, uh, petition, Leo.
我觉得故意的违法行为要受到
I think a deliberate violation of the law deserves…
一些制裁
a little show of force.
这件事交给你了 里奥
I leave it to you, Leo.
晚安
Good night.
晚安 里奇先生
Good night, Mr. Rickey.
我们大晚上来这里干什么
So, what are we doing here in the night?
里奥说把全部人都叫齐
Leo said to get everybody together.
-我睡得好好的 -在厨房♥里吗
– I was sleeping good. – Down in the kitchen?
清醒一下 姑娘们 清醒一下
Wake up now, ladies! Wake up!
我得知
It has come to my attention that
你们中的某些人不想跟罗宾森一起打球
some of you fellas don’t wanna play with Robinson.
你们甚至还发起了请♥愿♥
That you’ve even got a petition
起草完了然后都打算去签名
you’ve drawn up and you’re all going to sign.
各位 你们知道你们可以拿请♥愿♥书做什么
Well, boys, you know what you can do with your petition.
你们可以拿它擦屁♥股♥
You can wipe your asses with it.
-不是吧 里奥 -不是什么
– Oh, come on, Leo. – Come on, what?
球员们要一起生活 一起洗澡
Ballplayers gotta live together, shower together.
把他这么强加给我们很不公平
It ain’t fair to force him on us like this.
再说了 我有一间五金店
Besides, I got a hardware store back home…
去你的五金店 迪克斯
Screw your hardware store, Dix!
如果你不满意 也去你的
And if you don’t like it, screw you.
里奇先生会很乐意把你调遣走的
Mr. Rickey will be happy to make other arrangements for you.
我不管他是黄种人还是黑人
Now, I don’t care if he is yellow, or black,
还是像斑马一样有条纹
or has stripes like a zebra.
如果罗宾森能帮助我们赢球
If Robinson can help us win,
据我目睹他的确可以做到
and everything I have seen says he can,
那他就会在这个棒球俱乐部打球
then he is gonna play on this ball club!
接受这件事 好好想清楚 他是来定的
Like it, lump it, make your minds up to it, because he’s coming!
今晚入睡前你们好好想想
And think about this when your heads hit the pillows tonight.
他只是第一个 伙计们
He’s only the first, boys.
只是第一个
Only the first.
往后都会有黑人会慢慢加入
There are more coming right behind him every day
他们有能力而且他们愿意好好打球
and they have got talent and they wanna play.
他们会来加入我们并一展身手
Oh, yeah, they are gonna come scratching and diving.
我不会去想你们的请♥愿♥而会担心球场
So I would forget your petition and worry about the field.
因为除非你们
Because unless you fellas
更加努力地做好自己的本分工作
pay a little more attention to your work,
他们会替代你们 把你们赶出球场
they’re gonna run you right out of the ball park!
布莱根 你大部分的队友都已经
Bragan, most of your teammates have already, uh…
放弃了这次请♥愿♥闹剧
recanted on this petition nonsense.
你真的是来这里
Are you really here to
告诉我你不想跟罗宾森一起打球吗
tell me you don’t wanna play with Robinson?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
在家乡伯明翰的朋友永远不会原谅我
My friends back in Birmingham would never forgive me.
那你在布鲁克林的朋友们呢
Well, what about your friends in Brooklyn?
我不知道
I don’t know.
那我就成全你
Then I will accommodate you.
只要你发誓
As long as you give me your word
在我为你找到转会的机会之前
that you will do your very best for this team
你会为这支队伍鞠躬尽瘁
until I can work out a trade.
你觉得我会放弃任何人吗
Do you think I would quit on anyone?
我不会放弃的 先生
I don’t quit, sir.
只会放弃你自己 很明显
Only on yourself, apparently.
的士
Taxi!
杰克
Hey, Jack.
又是你
You again.
没错 又是我
That’s right. Me again.
有什么问题吗 杰克
There something wrong with that, Jack?
车在哪
Where’s the car?
在这边
Right this way.
他们不会把你留在蒙特利尔很久了
They can’t keep you in Montreal for long.
这些表演赛之后 他们会提拔你
After these exhibition games, they’re gonna have to bring you up.
你一点都没话说 对吧
You don’t have two words to rub together, do you?
你有没有想过为什么我总坐在三垒后面
You ever wonder why I sit down behind third base
膝盖上放着打字机
with my typewriter on my knees?
你想过这个问题没有
Does that ever cross your mind?
因为黑鬼记者不允许坐在记者招待区
It’s because Negro reporters aren’t allowed in the press box.
你猜怎么着
So guess what?
你 罗宾森先生 并不是唯一一个
You, Mr. Robinson, are not the only one
事业面临着风险的人
with something at stake here.
我道歉
I apologize.
你一直支持着我走过这一切
You’ve been there for me through this…
仅次于蕾和里奇先生
more than anyone besides Rae and Mr. Rickey.
但这正是让我烦恼的
But I guess that’s what bothers me.
你这是什么意思
How do you mean?
我不喜欢自己需要别人的这种感觉
I don’t like needing someone to be there for me.
我不喜欢需要任何人做任何事
I don’t like needing anyone for anything.
我从来没有
I never have.
你真让人头疼 杰克·罗宾森
You a hard case, Jack Robinson.
你要我继续开车送你
Is it okay if I keep driving you,
还是我让你下车你自己走
or should I let you get out so you can walk?
布兰奇·里奇不能影响队员的情绪
“Branch Rickey cannot afford to upset team chemistry.
所以唯一把罗宾森阻挡在道奇队
So the only thing keeping
之外的原因 仅仅是
Robinson off the Dodgers now, plainly…
队员们对他的看法
is the attitude of the players.
如果他们能被杰基的技能所折服
If it softens at the sight of Jackie’s skills,
他就能加入道奇俱乐部
he’ll join the club
大概在4月10日到15日之间
sometime between April 10th and April 15th.
否则罗宾森今年会继续待在蒙特利尔队
Otherwise, Robinson will spend the year back in Montreal.”
看在上帝的份上
Oh, for the love of Pete.
他在和他们的表演赛上得了625分
He batted 625 in the exhibition games against them.
和我们 他们 和我们
Us, them. Against us!
老天爷
Judas Priest!
简·安 你在吗
Jane Ann, are you out there?
我是布兰奇·里奇
Branch Rickey.
是的 是我
Yes, uh, this is him.
什么委员
The commissioner of what?
把他接线过来
Uh, yes, put him through.
是棒球联盟委员
The Commissioner of Baseball.
布兰奇 你还好吗
Branch. Ha! How are you?
我很好 哈皮 有什么我可以效劳的吗
Good, Happy. What can I do for you?
你要是失去杜罗彻一年会有什么感觉 布兰奇
How’d you feel about losing Durocher for the year, Branch?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!