Just save my Electronics. I’ll offer a coconut
让我电子学过了吧 我就奉上一个椰子
Sir Snake, bless my Physics. I promise a pint of milk per day
蛇神大人 保佑我的物理吧 过了我每天一品脱牛奶献上
O Mother Cow, help me pass. have this grass
哦 奶牛女神 帮我过吧 尝尝这些草
I vow: No X-rated thoughts of girls in my class.
我发誓:再不会有透视班里女生的念头
Watch over my results
照顾下我的成绩吧
God of Wealth, I’ll offer 100 /- every month
财神啊 我将每月供上100块钱
100 /- won’t bribe even a traffic cop
100块连搞定交♥警♥都不够
let alone the Almighty
更何况是神
Check from the bottom
从最底下开始找
You are. last
你是 最后一名
And you?
那你呢
Second last
倒数 第二
Rancho?
兰彻呢
Not there
没有他
My heart sank
我的心沉了
Not ’cause our ranks tanked, but ’cause our friend flunked
不是因为我们的排名 而是因为我们的好友没及格
There’s a mistake. It’s not possible. It’s injustice
肯定哪里弄错了 这不可能 不公平
What’s Silencer howling about?
消音器在嚎什么
He got the second rank
他只拿了第二名
Who’s first?
第一是谁
Rancho
兰彻
Rancho?
兰彻
Move aside
让开
We learned a lesson in Human Behavior:
我们学到了人类行为学的一课:
Your friend fails, you feel bad. Your friend tops, you feel worse
你朋友不及格 你感觉很糟 你朋友考第一 你感觉更糟
We were sad. Two others were sadder
我们两个感觉很糟 还有两个感觉更糟
Ranchhoddas Chanchad. Front row. Right of the Director
昂史奥格斯 忏查特 第一排 坐主任右边
Uday Sinha. Second row. Third seat
乌代辛哈 第二排 第三座
Alok Mittal. Second row. Fifth seat
阿洛克米塔尔 第二排 第五座
Sahili Rao. Third row.
萨赫利饶 第三排
Sir, why this seating according to rank?
先生 为什么位置要按名次排
Any problem with that?
有什么不对吗
Yes, this grading system is like a caste system
有啊 这个排名制度就像种姓制度
A-graders: Masters C-graders: Slaves
A等: 主人 C等: 奴隶
It’s not nice, sir – You have a better idea?
这样太不友好了 先生 你有什么更好的方法
Yes. Results should not be displayed at all
有啊 成绩不要用座次表现出来
Why publicise someone’s flaws?
干嘛非要公布人们的缺点呢
If your iron count is low, will the doctor prescribe tonic.
如果你缺铁了 医生是给你开处方呢
or air your report on TV
还是把你体♥检♥报告广播到电视上
You see, sir?
很简单 先生
So basically, what you are saying is
简单说来 你所要表达的是
I should personally go to each student’s room
我应该亲自跑去每一个学生的房♥间
and whisper in his ears.
然后贴着耳朵告诉他
‘You have come first’; ‘You’re second’;
“你考了第一” “你是第二名”
‘Oh, I’m so sorry, you have failed’
“哦 对不起 你没及格”
No sir, I mean grades create a divide
不 先生 我是说成绩造成了隔阂
I’ve topped, so I’m next to you
我第一名 所以我坐你旁边
My pals came last, they’re in the back corner
我伙伴垫底 他们就呆角落
At least they’re in the corner
至少他们还有角落呆
More time with you, and they’ll be out of the photo
他们要再和你呆一起 就合影的机会都没了
They will neither pass, nor get a job
他们两个不可能毕业 也不可能有工作
They’ll get jobs, sir. There must be some firm that.
他们会有工作的 总会有些公♥司♥
prefers humans to machines
更喜欢人类 而不是机器
They’ll get jobs. I guarantee
他们会有工作 我保证
You guarantee it;
你保证
Bet, sir?
打赌 先生
Govind – Yes, sir?
戈文 哎 什么事先生
Even if one of them gets a job in campus interviews.
只要那两个中有一个在校园招聘上得到了工作
shave off my moustache
就把我胡子剃掉
Sir!
先生
Happy? – Smile, please
高兴啦 笑一个
Happy, sir
高兴 先生
Jackass; Honking to hide your tooting
你个混♥蛋♥ 按喇叭来掩盖放屁
Septic tank; Popping pills again?
化粪池 你有吃那些药丸啦
I didn’t do it. Raju?
不是我♥干♥的吧 拉朱
This is a familiar stink
这臭味还真熟悉
He’s the sole cause for global warming
全球变暖就是你造成的
Toss me your wallet: I’ll buy pants
钱包掏给我 我去买♥♥裤子
Take Chatur’s suit instead – Don’t touch my suit
穿查图尔的那套西服就行了 别碰我西服
Rancho’ll recognize you even in underwear
只剩一条内♥裤♥兰彻也认得你
Where’s this? – If I could read, would I sell peanuts?
这是哪里 我要看得懂 就不用卖♥♥花生了
He can’t read – But he can speak
他不识字 可人家会说啊
Wait. Do you know a Ranchhoddas Chanchad?
等下 你知道一个叫昂史奥格斯忏查特的吗
Yes, he lives there
知道 他住那里
Free as the wind was he
他曾像风一样自♥由♥
Like a soaring kite was he
他曾像翱翔的风筝
Where did he go.
他去了哪里
let’s find him
我们去找他吧
Chatur, your pills – Thanks. Where were they?
查图尔 你的药丸 谢谢 你哪里找到的
In the pocket – Hey, my pants!
在口袋里啊 嘿 你竟敢 那是我的裤子!
Karl Marx says to share all resources
卡尔-马♥克♥思♥说 要共享一切资源 你闭嘴 脱下来
Hey, you’ll give people ideas
嘿 你这样会让人误解的
I want it now
现在还我
What happened?
怎么了
Rancho’s father
兰彻的父亲
Excuse me, where is Ranchhoddas?
对不起 昂史奥格斯在哪里
There he is – Thank you
他在那里 谢谢
Rancho. – Yes?
兰彻 嗯
Sorry. We’re looking for Ranchhoddas
对不起 我们找昂史奥格斯
I am Ranchhoddas
我就是 昂史奥格斯
No, I mean. ‘Ranchhoddas Shamaldas Chanchad’
我是找”昂史奥格斯 刹玛德斯 忏查特”
Ranchhoddas Shamaldas Chanchad. That’s me
昂史奥格斯 刹玛德斯 忏查特 就是我
Ranchhoddas, take care, son
昂史奥格斯 保重 孩子
‘Ranchhoddas Chanchad’
“昂史奥格斯 忏查特”
Raju
拉朱
I’ll be in the Guinness Book for driving Delhi-Shimla in underwear
我没穿裤子从德里兜到西姆拉 可以载入吉尼斯世界纪录了
That too, for the wrong guy;
还找错人了 这个也可以载入
Same name, same degree, same photo, but a different guy
名字一样 学位一样 照片一样 人却不一样
What’s going on?
怎么回事呢
How did Silencer get Rancho’s address?
消音器是怎么弄到兰彻地址的
Good point!
好见解
Hey Chatur, come here
嘿 查图尔 过来
How dare you open this? I got this from San Francisco
你竟敢打开这个 我可是从旧金山带来的
Handmade biscuits
手工饼干啊
Specially for Mr. Phunsukh Wangdu
特地送给法撒克 旺度先生的
Phunsukh Bangdu? Who’s that?
法撒克 邦度 他是谁
Not Bangdu. Wangdu. ‘W’. Phunsukh Wangdu
不是邦度.是旺度 “W” 法撒克 旺度
Do you know who that is? He’s a great scientist
你知道他是谁吗 他是一位大科学家
400 patents. The world wants him
400项专利 全世界都抢着要他
Took me a year to get an appointment
我花了一年才得到这个会面
Once he signs the deal with my company, I’ll be huge!
一旦他和我公♥司♥签了这笔交易 我就发财啦
Forget Wangdu. How’d you get Rancho’s address?
别管旺度了 你是怎么拿到兰彻地址的
You should be thanking Phunsukh Wangdu
你们该好好谢谢法撒克 旺度
He led me to Rancho, See this
他让我找到这个地方 看这个
My secretary was here to fix an appointment with Wangdu
我秘书曾来这里安排我和旺度的会面
She didn’t get the appointment. But I found Rancho
会面没成 可我却找到了兰彻
I checked the Shimla directory and found Rancho’s name
我查了下西姆拉的姓名地址目录 找到了兰彻
What happened to his face?
那他那张脸怎么了
Plastic surgery in honor of your visit?
做整容手术 来欢迎你的来访
Only one man has the answer
只有一个人知道答案
Sorry Papa, I couldn’t fulfill your last wish
对不起 爸爸 我没能完成你最后的心愿
You kept asking me to take you on pilgrimage
你一直叫我带你去朝圣
But I waited for the highway tender
可我却等着那个公路投标
There the tender opened, here you closed your eyes
投标开始了 而你却闭眼了
I am so sorry, Papa. I could not be a good son.
我对不起你 爸 我没能做个好儿子
Wrong

You’re an engineer. Your degree’s on the wall!
你是工程师 学位证还挂在墙上
You were a very good son
你曾经是个好儿子
How dare you barge in? I’ll have you arrested
你们竟敢私闯 我要逮捕你们
No, you’ll be arrested. We’ve made enquiries
不对 你才会被捕 我们都调查过了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!