You’re an expert at that
你才是这方面的专家
I was teaching you. how to teach
我只是在教你 如何教书
And I’m sure one day you’ll learn
而且我相信总有一天你会学会的
because unlike you, I never abandon my weak students
因为我和你不同 我从不放弃差生
Bye, sir
再见 院长
Quiet;
安静
Quiet, I said
我说 安静
I regret to inform you that your son.
我很遗憾地通知你 你的儿子
Farhan. Raju.
法涵 莱俱
has fallen into bad company
交友不慎
Without urgent corrective steps, his future will be ruined
不立即采取纠正措施的话 他的前途就毁了
Virus ‘s letters dropped on our homes like atom bombs
病毒的信就像原♥子♥弹♥一般投到我们家中
Hiroshima and Nagasaki plunged into gloom
广岛和长崎昏天黑地
Our parents invited us – for a dressing down
我们的父母把我们叫回家 狠狠地训了一番
Come in
进来
See that?
看到了吗
We could afford just one air-conditioner
我们就用得起一台空调
We put it in Farhan’s room, so he could study in comfort
我们把它安到法涵的房♥里 让他能舒适地学习
I didn’t buy a car. I manage with a scooter
我没车 我就骑辆小摩托
We put all our money into Farhan’s education
我们把所有的钱都用于法涵的教育
We sacrificed our comforts for Farhan’s future. U nderstand?
我们牺牲了自己的享受来换取法涵的未来 明白吗
You took these pictures, Farhan?
这些是你照的吗 法涵
He had that useless obsession for a while
他曾经沉迷于这无用的爱好
Went around taking pictures of animals
到处跑 去拍动物
Wanted to be a wildlife photographer
想要成为野生动物摄影师
Son, what was your score that year?
儿子你那年的分数是多少
91%
91分
Hear that? Straight drop from 94% to 91%
听到没 从94分直降到91分
You find it funny?
你觉得好笑
No sir, sorry. I’m just amazed at the photos
不是的先生 对不起 我只是对这些照片感到惊讶
Why make him an engineer. Why not a wildlife photographer?
为什么要让他做工程师 而不让他做野生动物摄影师
Enough;
够了
I humbly request you – Don’t ruin my son’s future
我求求你 不要毁了我儿子的未来
Food’s on the table, boys. C’mon
饭好了 孩子们 来吃吧
If you ever visit again, do eat with us
如果你下次还来的话 再和我们一起吃饭吧
Dad denied us a meal.
爸没让我们吃饭
So, to fill our bellies with food.
所以 为了把肚子填满
and ears with more reprimands, we reached Raju’s house
耳朵里多塞些训斥 我们去了莱俱家
Raju’s house was straight out of a 50’s black and white film
莱俱的家简直就是50年代黑白电影的翻版
A small, dingy room.
一间狭小昏暗的房♥间
a paralyzed father.
一位瘫痪在床的父亲
a coughing mother.
一位咳嗽不止的母亲
and an unwed sister
以及嫁不出去的姐姐
A sofa sprouting springs.
一张露出弹簧的沙发
a 24 hour water supply – from the leaking roof
全天自来水供应 其实就是屋顶漏下来的水
Mother was a retired school teacher and a tireless complainer
母亲是退休教师 也是个喋喋不休的怨妇
Father was once a postmaster
父亲曾是邮♥政♥局♥长
Paralysis shut down his body partly.
瘫痪使他丧失了身体部分机能
his salary completely. And the sister.
也让他完全没了收入 至于姐姐
Kammo’s turned 28. They demand a car in dowry
卡默已经28岁了 他们要辆车作为嫁妆
If you don’t study and earn, how will she marry?
如果你不学习不挣钱 她怎么嫁得出去
Some okra?
要秋葵么
Okra is now 12 /- per kilo, cauliflower is 10/-
秋葵现在每公斤12卢比 花椰菜10卢比
It’s daylight robbery;
这简直是明抢
What will we eat if we get warnings from your college?
如果你被学校警告 我们将来吃什么
Mom!
妈
Cottage cheese?
白干酪
Cottage cheese should be sold at the jewelers, in velvet pouches
白干酪应该放在珠宝店里卖♥♥ 装在天鹅绒盒子里
Cottage cheese? – No, no, it’s ok
白干酪 不 不 不用了
Mom, please
妈 拜托
Alright, I’ll shut up
那好 我闭嘴
Earn for the family, slave like a maid
养家糊口 做牛做马
and then take the vow of silence
还得发誓保持沉默
If not with my son, with whom do I share my woes: his friends?
如果不跟儿子抱怨 我还能跟谁抱怨去 他的朋友
Hey Raju
喂 莱俱
We were in a huge dilemma
我们左右两难
Do we comfort our friend or console his mom?
我们应该去安慰朋友还是他的妈妈
Screw it, we thought, let’s focus on the cottage cheese
管他呢 我们想 还是集中精力吃白干酪吧
Even his eczema cream costs 55 /- now
现在连湿疹膏也要55卢比
Another roti?
再来块烤肉
No, thank you. We’re through
不用了 谢谢 我们饱了
Okra for 12 /- – Cauliflower for 10 /-
秋葵12卢比 花椰菜10卢比
At least you were offered a meal
至少给你们还吃了顿饭
Unlike your sadistic dad. ‘Hitler’ Qureshi;
不像你那虐待狂老爸 希♥特♥勒♥ 库雷希
And your mom is Mother Teresa. Feeding us ‘eczema roti’!
你妈就是特勒撒修女 给我们吃湿疹烤肉
Don’t poke fun at my mom; – Enough, you guys
别嘲笑我妈 够了 你们两个
I’m famished. Let’s eat out
我饿死了 我们出去吃吧
It’s month end. Who’ll pay? His Mother Teresa?
都月末了 谁付钱啊 他的妈妈特勒撒
To eat out, you don’t need money. Just a uniform. Look.
出去吃 你不必带钱 一身礼服就行了 看
C’mon – Come
走吧 走
Good evening, good evening
晚上好 晚上好
Oh, U ncle
哦 叔叔
Three large vodkas. – Half soda, half water
3大杯伏特加 一半苏打 一半水
If we’re caught, we’re dead
如果我们被抓到就死定了
What’s for starters? – Get double portions
冷盘有什么 要双倍的
Leave this here and start some peppy music
把这个留下 去放点欢快的音乐
Pia, what the hell!
皮娅 你戴的这是什么鬼东西
Why’re you wearing this ancient piece of junk?
你干嘛要戴 这么一块古董级破烂表
What’ll people say: My fiancee.
人们会怎么议论 我的未婚妻
a doctor in the making, wearing a cheap, 200 /- watch;
一名前途无量的医生 却带着廉价的200卢比的手表
Please take it off. Thank you
请摘下来 谢谢你
Hi handsome
嗨 帅哥
Hey Aunty. You’re looking good
嗨 姑妈 你看上去真不错
Don’t miss my set, darling – Rubies?
别忘了看我的配饰 亲爱的 红宝石
From Mandalay – Mandalay. Wow;
源自曼德勒 曼德勒 哇哦
Hey, let’s go meet David – Of course
嘿 我们去见戴维吧 那当然
Excuse me
打扰一下
Yes?
怎么了
Flowers
送你花
May I take the glass? – Why?
我可以拿着这玻璃杯吗 为什么
So you don’t break it on my head
这样你就不会用它来砸我脑袋了
Why would I do that?
我♥干♥嘛要那样做
For the free advice I’ll now impart
因为我将给你三个免费建议
What?
什么
Don’t marry that ass
不要嫁给那个混♥蛋♥
Excuse me?
你说什么
He’s not a human, he’s a price tag
他不是个人 只是个价标
He’ll turn your life into a nightmare of brands and prices
他会把你的生活变成品牌和价格的梦魇
He’ll ruin your life. Your future will be finished
他会毁了你的生活 你的未来就完了
Want a demonstration?
演示给你看
Shall I find out the price of his shoes?
我来看看他的鞋多少钱如何
I won’t ask. He’ll announce it himself
我不用问他 他自己就会宣布的
What the hell. Mint sauce on my $300 shoes!
搞什么 薄荷酱撒到我300美元的鞋上了
Run for your life; It’s free advice. Take it or leave it
为了你的人生赶紧跑吧 这是免费建议 好自为之
Genuine Italian leather – hand-stitched;
正品意大利皮革 手工制♥作♥
Dad, are they your guests?
爸 他们是你请来的客人吗
My students. What’re they doing here?
是我的学生 他们在这里干嘛
Hold on, Dad
等等 爸爸
These beans smell great
这些豆子闻起来真好吃
No room for roti – Just pile it on
烤肉放不下了 那就堆在上面
Hi Hey
嗨 嘿
That was an eye-opener. Thank you so much
那建议让我大开眼界 非常感谢
It was my moral responsibility
那不过是我道义上的责任
Can I ask you for little more help?
我能再请你帮个忙吗
Dad won’t let me break off this engagement
我爸不会让我毁掉这个婚约的
You explain so well. Can you give him a demo too?
你这么能言善辩 能不能也给他展示一下
Certainly. Raju, the mint sauce
当然可以 莱俱 薄荷酱给我
You’re really sweet
你真是太好了
Where is your daddy? – Right behind you
你♥爸♥爸在哪里 就在你后面
Aal izz well
一切顺利