Pick a school, buy the uniform, slip into class
找个学校 买♥♥身校服 溜进教室
In that sea of kids, no one will notice
里面小鬼多的是 没人会注意你的
If I get caught? – Then new uniform, new school
被抓了怎么办 换身新的校服再挑所学校
See that? – He was different.
看到没 他和别人不一样
He challenged conventions at every stage
每个环节他都敢突破常规
A free-spirited bird had landed in Virus’s nest
病毒的鸟巢迎来了自♥由♥之鸟
We were robots, blindly following our professors ‘ commands
我们像是机器人 一味服从教授们的指示
He was the only one who was not a machine
他是唯一会自己思考的人
What is a machine?
什么是机械装置
Why’re you smiling?
你笑什么
Sir, to study Engineering was a childhood dream
老师 学工程学是我童年的梦想
I’m so happy to be here finally
能在这里我很开心
No need to be so happy. Define a machine
不用那么开心 给机械装置下个定义
A machine is anything that reduces human effort
能省力的东西就是机械装置
Will you please elaborate?
请你详细阐述一下
Anything that simplifies work, or saves time, is a machine
任何能简化工作或节约时间的就是机械装置
It’s a warm day, press a button, get a blast of air
天很热 按下开关 得到阵阵凉风
The fan. A machine;
电扇就是个机械装置
Speak to a friend miles away. The telephone. A machine!
和千里外的朋友说话 电♥话♥机械装置
Compute millions in seconds. The calculator. A machine!
每秒钟进行数百万次计算 计算器机械装置
We’re surrounded by machines
我们周围很多机械装置
From a pen’s nib to a pants’ zip – all machines
从钢笔尖到裤子拉链 都是机械装置
Up and down in a second. Up, down, up, down.
快速上下 上 下 上 下
What is the definition?
定义是什么
I just gave it to you, sir
我刚才已经给出了 老师
You’ll write this in the exam? This is a machine: up, down.
考试你也这样 机械装置是上 下 上 下
Idiot; Anybody else?
蠢货 还有人要回答吗
Yes?
是的
Sir, machines are any combination of bodies so connected
老师 机械装置是实物构件的组合
that their relative motions are constrained
各部分有确定的相对运动
and by which means, force and motion may be transmitted
由此 能量和动量相互转换
and modified as a screw and its nut, or a lever arranged
就像螺丝和螺帽或绕支点运动的杠杆
to turn about a fulcrum or a pulley about its pivot, etc
绕轴转动的滑轮 等等
especially, a construction, more or less complex
尤其是指一种无论简单或复杂
consisting of a combination of moving parts, or
由运动部件组成或者
simple mechanical elements, as wheels, levers, cams etc
诸如滚轮 杠杆 凸轮等等
Wonderful
太棒了
Perfect. Please sit down
好极了 请坐下
Thank you
谢谢 谢谢
But sir, I said the same thing, in simple language
老师 我用简单的语言表达了同样的意思
If you prefer simple language, join an Arts and Commerce college
你那么喜欢简单表达 去工艺美术学院
But sir, one must get the meaning too
但是老师 每个人都得明白其含义
What’s the point of blindly cramming a bookish definition
不能做死记硬背的书呆子
You think you’re smarter than the book?
你以为你比教科书聪明
Write the textbook definition, mister, if you want to pass
如果你想要及格的话 先生 最好写教科书上的定义
But there are other books. – Get out!
可还有别的书呢 滚出去
Why?
哦 为什么
In simple language: Out;
用简单的话说 出去
Idiot;
蠢货
So, we were discussing the machine.
我们刚说到机械.
Why’re you back?
你怎么回来了
I forgot something
我忘了点东西
What?
什么
Instruments that record, analyze, summarize, organize
一种记录 分♥析♥ 总结 组织
debate and explain information; that are illustrated, non-illustrated
讨论及解释信息的工具 有插图或无插图的
hard-bound, paperback, jacketed, non-jacketed
硬皮的或平装的 有夹套的 没夹套的
with foreword, introduction, table-of-contents, index
包含有前言 简介 目录 索引
that are intended for the enlightenment, understanding
用以增长知识 加深理解
enrichment, enhancement and education of the human brain
提升并教育人类大脑的装置
through the sensory route of vision, sometimes touch
该装置需用视觉 有时候用触觉使用
What do you mean?
你想说什么
Books, sir
书 老师
I forgot my books. May I?
我书忘拿了 可以去拿么
Couldn’t you ask simply?
你就不能说简单点
I tried earlier, sir. It simply didn’t work
刚才我试过了 老师 没用
Professors kept Rancho mostly out. seldom in
老师们总是把兰彻赶出去 几乎不让进
When thrown out of one class, he’d slip into another
赶出去以后 他就溜进别的教室
He said: First year or fourth year, it’s knowledge. Just grab it
他说 不管是大一还是大四 学的都是知识 只要学
He was unlike any of us
他不像我们中任何人
We fought for a shower every morning
每天早上我们争着洗澡
He’d bathe wherever he found water
而他 哪里有水就在哪里洗澡
Morning, sir
早上好 老师
Machines were his passion
他热衷于机械
When he spotted them, he opened them
他一看到机器 就拆开
Some he could re-assemble.
有些他能装回去
some he couldn ‘t
有些则不能
There was another, just like him
还有一个人 和他很像
Joy Lobo
乔伊·洛勃
Sir. Excuse me, sir
院长 打扰一下 院长
Mr. Joy Lobo;
乔伊·洛勃
Sir, if I could know the convocation dates.
院长 能否告诉我毕业典礼的时间
Why?
怎么
Dad wants to make train reservations
我爸要订火车票
I’m the first engineer from my village. Everyone wants to attend
我是村子里第一个工程师 乡亲们都想来
In that case, call your dad
是这样 打电♥话♥给你♥爸♥
Please hurry up. Don’t waste my time
快点 别浪费我的时间
Hello

Dad, the Director wants to speak to you
爸 院长要跟你讲话
Joy;
乔伊
Mr. Lobo, your son won’t graduate this year
洛勃先生 你的儿子今年毕不了业
What happened, sir?
他怎么了 老师
He has violated all deadlines
他总是迟交作业
Mr. Lobo, it’s an unrealistic project
洛勃先生 那是个不切实际的项目
He is making some nonsense helicopter
他在搞什么荒谬的直升机
I suggest you don’t book your tickets. I’m so sorry
我建议你不要订票了 真是不好意思
Sir, I am this close, sir – Is your project ready?
院长 我就快完成了 院长 你的项目做好了没有
Is your project ready? – Sir, see it once, please
你的项目做好了没有 院长 你就看一眼 拜托了
Submit it, and we’ll consider
交上来 不然免谈
Sir, a small extension. – Why, why should I?
院长 再给点时间 为什么 为什么我要给你延期
After dad’s stroke, I couldn’t focus for two months
我爸中风后 两个月我都无法集中精力
Did you stop eating?
饭也吃不了
No
没 没
Stopped bathing?
澡也洗不了
So why stop studying?
那你为什么要停止学习
Sir, I’m very close. See it once, please.
院长 我很快就弄好 你看一眼吧 求你了
Mr. Lobo;
洛勃先生
Sunday afternoon, my son fell off a train and died
星期天下午 我儿子从火车上摔下来死了
Monday morning, I taught a class. So don’t give me that nonsense
星期一早上我照常上课 所以别给我说那些废话
I can give you sympathy, not an extension
我表示同情 但是不能延期
Sir. I’m very close.
院长 我就快成功了
Lifelong I lived
我这一生
The life of another
都为别人而活
For just one moment
哪怕只一瞬间
Let me live as I.
让我为自己而活
Lifelong I lived
我这一生
The life of another
都为别人而活
For just one moment
哪怕只一瞬间
Let me live as I.
让我为自己而活
Give me some sunshine Give me some rain
给我些阳光 给我些雨露
Give me another chance I wanna grow up once again
再给我个机会 我要再次成长
Give me some sunshine Give me some rain
给我些阳光 给我些雨露
Give me another chance I wanna grow up once again
再给我个机会 我要再次成长
Dude’s come up with an amazing design
那个家伙的设计很惊人
A wireless camera atop a helicopter
直升机上装无线摄像机
Can be used for traffic updates, security. Wow!
可应用于路况和安♥全♥监♥管♥哇
But Virus said it’s an impractical design, it won’t fly
可病毒说这个设计不实用 飞不了
It will fly; We’ll make it fly
会飞的 我们能让它飞起来
Don’t tell Joy. It’ll be a surprise
先别告诉乔伊 这会是个惊喜
We’ll fly it up to his window and capture his reaction
到时候我们让它飞到他窗前拍下他的反应
If we work on his project, who’ll work on ours?
我们帮他做项目 谁帮我们做呢?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!