Why?
为什么
Because I was rusticated from college
因为我被勒令退学
Why?
为什么
Drunk, I urinated on the Director’s door
喝醉了 在主任家门口小便
That scoundrel Rancho is messing with your mind!
那个骗子兰彻把你弄糊涂了
I don’t enjoy Engineering. I’d make a terrible engineer
我不喜欢工程 会成为很烂的工程师
Rancho has a simple belief – Make your passion your profession
兰彻只是简单地想 把你的热情所在作为职业
Then work will become play
那时工作就会变成娱乐
What’ll you earn in that jungle?
你在丛林里能挣到钱吗
A small stipend, but I’ll learn a lot
一点点报酬 但我可以学到很多
Five years from now.
五年以后
when you see your friends buying cars and homes, you’ll curse yourself
当你看到你朋友都买♥♥车买♥♥♥房♥♥了 就会恨你自己了
Life as an engineer will bring only frustration. Then I’ll curse you
作一个工程师活着只会给我带来绝望 那时我会恨你的
I’d rather curse myself, Dad
我情愿恨我自己 爸
The world will laugh!
全世界都会笑话你
Label you a loser, for quitting in the final year
标榜你为失败者 因为你最后一年放弃了
Mr. Kapoor feels you’re fortunate to be at ICE. What’ll he think?
卡普尔先生认为你在帝国理工 很有前途 他将会怎么想
Mr. Kapoor didn’t provide me with an air-conditioner
给我买♥♥空调的可不是卡普尔先生
It wasn’t Mr. Kapoor who slept in discomfort while I slept well
让我睡得很香而不是睡得不舒服的 不是卡普尔先生
He didn’t take me around the zoo on his shoulders
让我骑在肩上逛动物园不是他
You did all that, Dad
为我这么做的人可都是你啊 爸
How you feel, matters to me. Mr. Kapoor makes no difference
你的感受对我很重要 卡普尔先生对我没任何影响
I don’t even know his first name
我都不知道他姓什么
You think you’re the hero of a melodrama?
你以为自己是情景剧里的英雄
Enough, please. he’s upset
好了 别说了 他现在很乱
God forbid, if he did something crazy like Raju.
如果他像拉朱一样做傻事了 那可怎么办
Then the discussion is over
那我们不说了
Don’t say a word or His Lordship will jump off the roof
我一个字都不能说 不然他就会跳楼
No, Dad. I’ll never attempt suicide. I promise
不会的 爸 我不会去自杀 我保证
The Rancho you detest put this picture in my wallet
你讨厌的兰彻把这照片放到我钱包里
Told me to see it if a suicidal thought crossed my mind
跟我说 如果有任何自杀的念头
and imagine what’d happen to your smiles
就想想你们两看到我尸体时
when you see my dead body
你们的微笑又会变成什么
I want to convince you, Dad
我要说服你 爸
but not with a suicide threat
但不是用自杀来威胁来说服
Dad, what’ll happen if I become a photographer?
爸 我做了摄影师会怎么样呢
I’ll earn less
拿的钱少
I’ll have a smaller house, a smaller car
住小点的房♥子 开小点的车
But I’ll be happy
但是我快乐
I will be really happy
我会非常快乐
Whatever I do for you will be out of genuine love
无论我对您做了什么 都是因为我真的爱您
I’ve always listened to you
以前我什么都听您的
For once, let me listen to my heart
就这一次 就让我听着我的心吧
Please. Dad
求您了 爸
Dad.

Please don’t go away.
请别走
Return this
把这个还回去
Son, what’s the cost of a professional camera?
儿子 专业的相机要多少钱
Can the laptop be exchanged for it?
这个笔记本的钱够换一台吧
If you need more money, just ask
不够的话 你尽管问我要
Go live your life, my son
去过你的生活吧 儿子
Your grades are consistently poor. Reason?
你成绩一直都很差 原因是什么
Fear
恐惧
I was a good student since childhood
我从小就是个好学生
Parents hoped I’d end their poverty
父母希望我能结束他们的贫穷
That scared me
那让我感到惧怕
Here I saw the mad race. You don’t count if you’re not first
在这里 我又看到疯狂的竞赛 如果你不是第一就什么都不是
My fear grew
我的恐惧就一直在增长
Fear is not good for grades, sir
恐惧对成绩真的不好 先生
I slipped on more charms and rings
我就找了更多的神符和圣戒
Prayed to God for favors. No. begged for favors
祈祷神的厚爱 不 是乞讨
16 broken bones gave me two months to think and reflect
16根摔断的肋骨 让我这两个月里思考和反思
Finally, sense dawned
终于 我想明白了
Today I didn’t beg God for this job, just thanked him for this life
今天我可没有乞求神给我这份工作 只是感谢他给我这样的人生
If you reject me, no regrets
如果我被拒了 我也不后悔
I’ll still do something worthwhile with my life
我这一生仍会去做些有价值的事
Such frank behavior is not good for our firm
你这样直率的行为 对我们公♥司♥可不利啊
We need someone diplomatic to handle clients
我们更需要富有外交言辞的人来应对我们的客户
You’re too straightforward
你太直爽了
But.
但是
if you assure us you’ll control this attitude
如果你保证 你能控制你这种态度
we may consider you
我们可以考虑你
It took two broken legs to get me up on my feet
断了两条腿 才让我真正站起来
Wasn’t easy to get this attitude
好不容易获得了这种态度
Can’t change it, sir
我不会改变的 先生
You keep your job. I’ll keep my attitude
你们留着这份工作吧 而我保留我的态度
I’m sorry, no offense, sir
对不起 恕我冒犯 先生
Wait
等等
I’ve interviewed countless candidates for 25 years
做了25年面试 我面了无数应聘者
Everyone turns into a yes-man to get the job
为了得到工作 每个人都变成了应声虫
Where did you spring from, son?
你是从哪里冒出来的 孩子
Sir?
先生
Shall we discuss the salary?
我们来谈谈薪水好吗
Thank you, sir
谢谢您 先生
Your Majesty, thou art great
陛下 您真伟大
Accept this humble offering
请接受这微薄的供奉吧
Govind!
戈文
You had said, ‘If he gets a job, shave it off’
你说过的 如果他得到工作就 就刮了的
What have you done?
你都做了什么
I feel naked without my moustache
胡子没了 感觉自己赤身裸体
I’ve lost my dignity
我的尊严没了
I won’t accept defeat, Rastogi
我不会投降的 拉斯托吉
The job isn’t yours until you pass your final exam
除非你期末考试过了 不然这工作你还是拿不到
And this time, I will set the question paper
这次 就让我来出考卷
Dad, that’s not fair
爸 这样不公平
Everything is fair in Love and War
在爱和战争中 没有什么是不公平的
And this is World War. III
而这场就是世界大战 三
Rastogi, you’re dead meat;
拉斯托吉 你死定了
Hey

What’re you doing here?
你还这里干什么
Be careful
小心
You’ve been drinking – Yup, had to down a couple
你一直在喝 是啊 喝了好几瓶
A couple too many;
几瓶太多了
Needed the guts – For what?
来壮胆 干嘛呢
For stealing this – What’s this?
偷这个啊 这是什么
The duplicate key to Virus’s office
病毒办公室的副钥
The question paper’s in a cover with a red seal
试♥卷♥在爸爸那个有红封印的信封里
Dad has set it, to fail Raju
爸出的 让拉朱考不过的
Go get it;
去拿啊
Are you mad or what – that’s cheating;
你是疯了 还是 这是作弊啊
Everything’s fair in Love and War
在爱和战争中 没有什么是不公平的
Tell me something.
告诉我
Do you really feel.
你真的觉得
the noses collide while kissing?
亲吻的时候鼻子会碰上么
Wait. Have some dhokla
等下 来块咚可拉吧
You Gujaratis are so cute
你们古吉拉特人那么可爱
But why does your food sound so dangerous?
可你们的吃的怎么听起来那么危险呢
Dhokla, Fafda, Handwa, Thepla, Khakhra
咚可拉 伐夫拉 函德瓦 择谱拉 可哈克阿
Sound like missiles
听起来像导弹似的
C’mon
过来
‘Today Bush dropped two Dhoklas on Iraq’
“今天布♥什♥向伊♥拉♥克♥投了两枚咚可拉”
‘400 dead, 200 injured’
“造成400人死亡 200人受伤”
C’mon
来吧
Oh.

I can deal with Khakhra, Fafda. But your name.
我应付得了可哈克阿 伐夫拉 可是你的名字
‘Ranchhoddas Shamaldas Chanchad’: Yuck
“昂史奥格斯 刹玛德斯 忏查特” 唉
I won’t change my last name after marriage
结婚前我可不会改姓的
Pia, we can’t get married
皮娅 我们不能结婚
Why?
为什么
Is there someone else?
你喜欢别人么

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!