and he was thinking on his feet.
嗯嗯嗯,然后突然间
Mm. Mm. Mm. And, all of a sudden, he went
他从小姑娘手裡拿过洋娃娃
and he took the doll from the little girl
把它交还给我
and gave it back to me.
我拿过来,我…
And I- I took it and I — I-
我不知道该说什么
I didn’t know what to say.
我是说,就好像…
I mean it was like…
而他走掉了,知道吧,就在那个时候
And he walked away, right, in that moment.
他把那该死的东西给我,然后就走了
He gave me the damn the thing and then he walked away.
我记得我就:“哎哟老天”
And I remember going, oh, my God.
而昆汀笑得歇斯底裡
And Quentin was laughing hysterically.
昆汀发现什么好笑的事就会大笑
When Quentin finds something funny and he laughs,
他可以大笑不停
he’s got a great laugh.
当然我把洋娃娃还给了那女孩
And, of course, I gave the doll back to the girl.
这事太奇怪了,我永远忘不了
It was very strange and I’ll never forget it.
这就好像,哇…
It was like, wow.
这是从哪来的?
Where did that come from?
我他妈的
Holy shit.
你知道,一年以后,这家伙就被控告了
You know a year later, you know, the guy’s being indicted.
关于恐怖电影 我非常喜欢是那些令它们成为限制级的部分
它们千篇一律,但那正是它们魅力的一部分
这是一种完美的,体现潜台词的电影类型 – 昆·塔
昆汀爱类型片
Quentin loves genre.
他曾在奥斯汀办自己的昆汀节
He used to do his QT Fest in Austin.
本节日期间我们有一条重要规则
There’s a big rule that we have during this festival.
你不准用嘲笑 来显示你比这部电影优越
You don’t laugh to show that you’re superior than the movie
或是你比这部电影酷多了
or how much cooler you are than the movie,
因为我告诉你们 这裡没人比这部电影更酷
because I’m telling you nobody here is cooler than this movie.
这些电影他妈的酷毙了
These movies are fuckin’ cool.
10天裡,他放映电影
For ten days he would show movies.
他每晚双片连映
He would have double features every night,
有时三片连映
some nights triple features,
展示亚洲电影,以及各地的类型片
and showed Asian films and genre films from all over.
不断有人跟他谈论电影
Constantly people would talk movies with him,
正是他的心爱
which is what he loves.
所以我认为有一段时间
And so I think there was a period of time
奥斯汀对于昆汀是一个安全港
where Austin was a very safe haven for Quentin.
昆汀和罗伯特那时经常一起溷
Quentin and Robert were hanging out a lot together at that time.
我记得昆汀和罗伯特 带我和埃德加出去吃墨西哥餐
I remember Quentin and Robert took me and Edgar right out for Mexican food.
他们跟我们讲了《刑房♥》的整个概念
And they told us the whole concept of Grindhouse.
昆汀在《刑房♥》中的那部分是非凡的
Quentin’s part of Grindhouseis extraordinary.
我觉得它很聪明
I think it’s so smart.
就像是…很多人拍过追车片
It’s like lots of people have done chase films
很多人拍过复仇片
and lots of people have done revenge films.
它是如此的引人注目
And it is such a remarkable
职业妓♥女♥,女权主义者,同时还很电影化
pro woman, feminist, but also cinematic,
一种空想式的电影化,令人振奋的电影
a visionary cinematic, exciting film.
他打电♥话♥给我
He rang me and was like,
佐伊,我完成了《死亡证据》的剧本
Zoë, I’ve finished the script for Death Proof.
他告诉我这是有关一个特技演员
He had told me that it was gonna be about a stunt guy
他的车是死亡证据
whose car was death proof
他用它杀死女人
and that he killed women with it.
每一个演出团体你都见过一个女人被残忍♥对待
Every troupe that you’ve seen where a woman is brutalized
都被提及
is referred to
然后他将之完全改观
and then he flips it on its head.
(这几句我真不懂是什麽意思,能力有限)
现在我要血
Now I want blood.
它说的是救赎
It’s about redemption.
它说的是权力
It’s about power.
它说的是女权
It’s about feminism.
哦,你得…
Oh, you want…
他为他想见到的女人创造角色
He makes roles for women that he wants to see.
我记得跟他说
I remember saying to him,
“你要给这电影选角就选个像我的,这样我能上了”
“As long as you cast someone in the movie that looks like me so I can work on it.”

Nice.
– 好啊, – 谢谢
– Nice. – Thank you.
好像是,就看你了,兄弟
Like, it’s on you, buddy.
好像说,如果我做得糟糕
Like if I’m terrible at this,
如果我搞砸了,那是你的错
if I fuck it up, it’s your fault.
而他,在某个时候,说
And he, at one point, was like,
“瞧,这是我的工作,我就是干这个的
“Look, this is my job. This is what I do.
“我选角选得很好”
I make good casting choices.”
他还说:“我了解你,我也了解我想要什么
And he said, “I know you and I know what I want
“我知道我能办到”
and I know I can get it.”
“所以你只要放松,并了解你的台词”
So you just need to relax and know your lines.
我记得,心想这就像是…
I remember thinking this is like a,
没错,就是在戏院裡的美好一晚
yeah, it’s a great night at the theater,
你知道,在1970年代
you know, in nineteen seventy.
我曾入行面试过那一类电影,你知道
I’d gone in and interviewed for those kinds of movies, you know
所以我懂,我知道它们,我知道他在做什么
so I knew, I knew them. I knew what he was doing.
我认为相当了不起
I thought it was pretty great.
我吓到你了?
Do I frighten you?
我琢磨特技人是什么样子
I was what a stuntman would look like.
大伤疤,穿过眼睛
Big scar, that was cross eyes
他就说:“对,我们来弄眼睛,你说要大,对吧?”
He goes, “Yeah, let’s do the eyes. And you mean big, don’t you?”
然后他说:“好呀”
and he said, “Oh, yeah.”
上学时的老牌动作英雄和特技人
The old school action hero and the stunt guy
对他真的很重要,而且我认为这是…
are really important to him and I think this was an
他在用一种令人兴奋的方式…
exciting way for him to say thank you
对这个行业的特技人员说谢谢
to the stunt people of- of the industry.
来啊
Now.
那就是昆汀的魔法,就是竭尽全力做到尽可能真实
That’s that Quentin magic is- is getting as much of it to be as real as possible.
我们开到90英裡/小时
We’re doing ninety miles an hour
做了很多动作,沿着那条路
for a lot of that stuff down that road.
她被捆在那辆车引擎盖上
She’s strapped to the hood of that car.
你什么也做不了
There’s nothing you can do.
如果他的轮胎挤压路边栏杆时 我们翻了车
If he catches his tire on the edge of the road and we go over
佐伊就完了
that’s it for Zoë.
那就不是断条胳膊的事了
It’s not gonna be a broken arm.
他有一次来找我,说 “佐伊,来看看这个”
He came up to me one time and he’s like, “Zoë, come and look at this.”
我坐在那裡,满心激动地观看
And I sat there and I was all excited to see it and I was watching it
然后我就:“哦,天啊,看起来令人吃惊”
and I was like, “Oh, my God. It looks amazing.”
我欣喜若狂
I was so over the moon.
他则说:“这裡有什么问题?”
He was like, “What’s wrong with it?”
我说:“什么?你说什么呢?
And I was like, “What? What are you talking about?
“这裡什么问题也没有,这太他妈金贵了”
There’s nothing wrong with that. That’s fuckin’ gold.”
他说:“这裡有问题,是什么呢??
He was like, there’s something wrong with it. What is it?
于是我说
And I was like,
“我不知道,昆汀,我觉得你有点挑剔了”
“I don’t know, Quentin. I think you’re being a bit fussy.”
你知道,他说道:“我们没看见什么?在这整整4分钟裡”
You know, and he was like, “What don’t we see in the whole four minutes?”
我说:“什么?
And I was like, “What?
噢…我的脸”
My face.”
我们一次都没看见我的脸
And we never once saw my face
因为我的工作长久以来就是…
because my job for so long had been
得知道摄影机的准确位置,从而避开它
to know exactly where the camera was so I’d avoid it.
我会抬起一只手臂
I’d have an arm up.
我会利用我的头髮或我的身体什么的
I’d use my hair or my body or whatever,
因为那是我的工作
’cause that was my job.
如果你看见我的脸,这一条就毁了
If you saw my face, the take was ruined.
然后他说:“我欣赏你做得那么好”
And he was like, “I love that you’re that good at it,
“但我需要你转过来
but I need you to reverse it
因为这裡的重点是我们要能看见那是你
because the whole point of this is that we can see it’s you.”
他爱帮助演员达到一个位置
He loves to help actors get to a place
让他们能彻底发挥
where they can completely bring it.
所以昆汀跟其他导演有何不一样?
So how’s Quentin different from other directors?
我从来,从来不害怕…
I never, never fear
我的欢乐会被剪掉
that my joy is gonna be cut off.
喂,女士们,刚才真好玩
Hey, ladies, that was fun.
出演《死亡证据》是一种冲击
Acting in Death Proof was a blast.
我们欢乐多多,那场酒吧戏
We had so much fun. I mean, it’s a bar scene.
昆汀是一个酒保
Quentin is a bartender.
有一场戏是昆汀要做“爱尔兰汽车炸♥弹♥”
And there was one scene where Quentin had to do these Irish car bombs.
昆汀说:“这必须来真的,否则泡沫就不对了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!