愤世嫉俗,但却有人性的侦探
The cynical, but human detective.
罗伯特·福斯特饰演班杨
Robert Forster as Banyon.
有一件事情是昆汀做的,那就是引发天赋,一向如此
One of the things Quentin does is incur talent all the time.
我是说 很多时候大家会发掘老演员
I mean a lot of times people will resurrect old actors
让他们做他们以前擅长的东西
and they have them do what they always did.
昆汀常常是 推动他们向前
What Quentin always does is he pushes them further.
他把他们带到一个新地方
He takes them to a new place.
他给予他们不一样的职业生涯
He gives them a different career.
当我的职业生涯在低谷时
When my career was at the very bottom,
昆汀来了
in walks Quentin.
他说:“我正在把《神奇之力》改编成电影
He said, “I am adapting Rum Punch,
“那是一部埃尔莫尔·伦纳德的小说”
an Elmore Leonard novel, to a movie.”
我就跟他说:“我觉得他们不会让你聘用我的”
And I said to him, “I don’t think they’re gonna let you hire me.”
我职业生涯的那个时期,发行商们不愿意要我
That period in my career, the distributors didn’t want me.
他们想要,你知道的,名头更大的人
They wanted, you know, somebody with a bigger name.
而他说…这话我永生难忘
And he said, and I will never forget him for it,
他说:“我想聘谁就聘谁”
he said, “I hire anybody I want.”
那是我第一次说
And that is the first moment when I said,
“哇,鲍勃,这是一个改变人生的人”
“Wow, Bob, this is a life-changer.”
好吧,我们谈空姐之前…
All right, before we start talking about stewardesses,
先得把博蒙特搞掂啊
let’s get Beaumont out of the way first.
你看,我认为有人已经做了
Uh, you know, I think somebody already did.
我接到我经纪人的电♥话♥
I got a call from my agents.
他们说,文斯·吉裡根要给我打电♥话♥
They said that, uh, Vince Gilligan was gonna call me.
我拿起话筒
I picked up the phone.
文斯说:“我们在挽救一个角色
Vince said, “Uh, we’ve been saving a role
“叫做‘消失者’
called “The Disappearer”.
“我们称之为‘罗伯特·福斯特角色’
We’ve been calling it the Robert Forster role.
而这角色实际上…
And it was, in fact,
是个正直的人
a straight shooter.
我得花一点时间,才能弄好你这情况
It’s gonna take me some time to get your new situation fixed.
在那之前,你得留在这裡
Until then, you’re gonna be staying here.
我楼下有个地方,外面看不见
I’ve got a place downstairs out of sight.
而这,当然是直接来自《杰姬·布朗》的功劳
And, uh, this was a direct result, of course, of Jackie Brown.
大家一直在说…哦,这不是《低俗小说》
People kept sayin’… well, it’s not Pulp Fiction.
不,这他妈是《杰姬·布朗》啊
No, it’s fuckin’ Jackie Brown.
这是不一样的步伐,不一样的故事
It’s a different pace, it’s a different story
有关不一样的人的
and it’s about different kinds of people.
没错,是有一些…犯罪分子在裡头
Yeah, there are some criminals in there,
但它真的是一部成年人电影,讲的是…
but it’s really an adult movie about people
大家来到人生的特定阶段,是时候…
in a certain place in their life when it’s time
做出选择,决定他们想要如何度过余生
for them to make a choice about how they want to live the rest of their life.
这是一部十字路口电影
It’s a crossroads movie.
如果你有这个机会,目前失业中
If you had the chance, unemployed now,
可以带着50万美元走人
to walk away with a half million dollars
你会抓住它吗?
would you take it?
除去其中的诸如此类的未成年人暴♥力♥
Despite whatever the minor violence is in it,
它就是一个好故事,讲的是…
it’s just a great story about these
这些人设法闯出自己的人生
people trying to figure out their lives.
杰姬·布朗从监狱出来时
When Jackie Brown came out of the prison
走了很长一段路,向我走来
and had that long walk toward me
伴随着音乐
and it is accompanied by music…
我为何一心一意总是牵挂你
Why do I keep my mind on you all the time?
而我甚至不知道…
And I don’t even know you…
你看到这个人爱上了一个女人
…you’re watching this guy fall in love with a woman.
我不能告诉你那有多么感人
I cannot tell you how emotive that was,
一个导演拍这种场景
and for a director to do that.
他们从未拍过
They never do that.
在所有那些电影中,《杰姬·布朗》好像是…
Out of all those films, Jackie Brown is sort of like
最好的一部
the best one.
是的,对我而言
Yeah, for me,
只因为那个独特故事裡的 那种电影的美好和温情
just because of the cinematic beauty and gentleness of that particular story.
宝贝
…baby.
Hmm.
给了你你从未知道的爱,姑娘
Gave you the love you never knew, girl.
这是谁?
Who is this?
灵魂乐队
The Delphonics.
难道我没做到吗,宝贝?
Didn’t I do it baby?
好听
It’s nice.
我没有荒唐可笑地往谁的脑袋裡灌输
人们以类型流派来理解我所做的事 – 昆·塔
对《杀死比尔》最主要的影响是所有那些最好的港片
The main influences of Kill Bill is all the best of Hong Kong cinema.
昆汀爱上了那种文化
Quentin is in love with the culture.
他做武术的东西时
When he does martial arts stuff,
他在重新创造那种能量
he’s recreating the energy
而且他参与其中就像是一个激动的观众
and he’s participating as somebody who is so thrilled watching this.
昆汀给我的最后一个剧本是《杀死比尔》
The last script Quentin gave me was Kill Bill…
它就像是差不多有小型电♥话♥簿那种尺寸
And it was like almost the size of a small phone book.
记得吗?
Remember those?
故事 Q(昆)和U(乌)
Story by Q and U,
“U”就是乌玛
meaning U as in Uma.
我们都称她为“新娘”,根据她的礼服
We’ve all just been calling her the bride on account of the dress.
你可以判断出她怀孕了
You can tell she was pregnant.
那女人的确该复仇
That woman deserves her revenge and-
而我们的确该死
and we deserve to die.
我能看见那帮对我下手的烂货的脸
I could see the faces of the cunts who did this to me
还有那些该负责的烂屌♥
and the dicks responsible.
读起来像是一本小说
It read like a novel.
它好玩
It was funny.
裡面有好些动作戏,你知道
It had all this action in it, you know
但它读起来有种魅力,你就是放不下
but it read in- in a way that you just could not put it down.
他会告诉我读哪些,而我则会:等等,好了
He would tell me what to read. I was like, wait. Okay.
我要读一读,知道自己要做哪些动作戏
I’m gonna read it so now I know what action I’m gonna do.
然后我开始读,然后就忘了
And I’d start reading and I’d forget
忘了读那些特技,我会把整个东西再读一遍
to read for the stunts and I just would read the whole thing again.
这样发生了四遍
It happened four times.
那是我第一次,在我的专业中有点像是…
That was when I first had my kind of like professional moment of,
“妈的,我要成为一部神作中的一员了”
“Holy shit. I’m gonna be a part of something magic.”
昆汀把它做成 乌玛是新娘的这一部分
Quentin has it as Uma is this part of The Bride
而佐伊是新娘的这一部分
and Zoë is this part of The Bride.
不管谁在摄像机前,都是同一个整体的不同部分
Whatever’s in front of the camera is different parts of the same whole.
我们在拍那场她跑上楼梯的戏
We were doing the scene where she runs up the banister.
他走过来,对我说
And he came to me and he was like,
“那么,你在这一镜中是做什么?”
“So, what are you doing in the shot?”
我就说 我跑上楼梯啊
And I was like, I’m running up the banister.
而他则说:“是,但为什么呢?”
And he was like, “Yeah, but why?”
我心想,脑筋急转弯啊
And I was like, trick question.
“因为那是我的工作”你知道
‘Cause that’s my job.” you know
然后他说:“不是,为什么新娘要跑上楼梯?”
and he was like, “No, but why is The Bride running up the banister?”
然后我就:“哦,去找石井”
and I was like, “Oh, to get to O-Ren.”
然后他:“她又为什么去找石井?”
And he was like, “And why is she trying to get to O-Ren?”
听起来只是演员的陈述
It sounds like such actor-speak,
但我跑上楼梯有了变化
but my running up the banister shifted,
因为现在我有了意图
because now I have an intention.
现在我有了一个理由,而不只是在技术上做好它
Now I have a reason outside of just technically getting it right.
这对昆汀总是超级重要
That was always super important to Quentin,
“因为那婊♥子♥搞乱了我的生活,我要她死”
“’cause that bitch fucked up my life and I want her to die.”
他总是把女人放在强悍的地位上
The fact that he always has women in these strong positions
这并不是他必然要去强调或宣传的东西
isn’t something that he necessarily highlights or billboards.
对于他,这当然说得通
To him, of course it makes sense
这是女人在做这个,在打斗,或是领导
these are women doing this, are fighting or are leaders.
他这么做,对他来说很自然
He does it and, it’s for him, it’s just natural.
这是如今很有意思的谈话
It’s such an interesting conversation to have these days,
女孩的力量和品质
girl power and a quality
感觉有点像是各种各样聚集在一起
that sort of feels like it’s all kind of coming to a head.
最大的壮举 是把它做得平常
The biggest feat is gonna be making it normal
即我们女人处于领导地位
that we are in lead positions
与之形成对照的是打斗
as opposed to it being the fight.
在这方面,昆汀是一个无价的同盟伙伴
And that’s where Quentin is just a priceless ally.
而且我认为他应该坐下接受采访,说:
And I think he needs to sit in an interview and be like,
“听着,女人应该有这些角色,女人…”
“Listen, women should have these roles and women…”
好像他不必去驱动,因为他…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!