So I was, I had to get, uh,
《好莱坞报道者》,《综艺》
the “Hollywood Reporter”, “Variety”,
所有这些杂♥志♥,《洛杉矶周末》
all of the- the magazines, “L.A. Weekly”,
所有这些都有关于《落水狗》的文章
all the stuff that had articles on Reservoir Dogs.
不夸张说,你都不敢相信有这么多
Literally, you couldn’t believe how much stuff.
我心说 “等等…
I went, “Oh wait.
“这像是个玩笑”
This is like a joke.”
他去戛纳时
He went away to Cannes
不过是又一个独♥立♥电影制♥作♥者
just another independent filmmaker
回来就像是一个明星
and came back like a star.
米拉麦克斯这家公♥司♥前来接纳了《落水狗》
Miramax was the company that stepped up to take Reservoir Dogs.
那以前,你知道,昆汀很大程度上
Before that, you know, Quentin was pretty much
没人想给他一个机会去他妈的做事
nobody wanted to give him a chance to do fuck all.
所以那就开始了昆汀跟韦恩斯坦兄弟的联♥系♥
So that started the bond of Quentin and the Weinstein Brothers.
我本以为做导演是一整个神秘、如萨满教一般的事情
这一下子烟消云散了
我意识到我能做到 – 昆·塔
我们在一家酒店房♥间裡,在《落水狗》路演途中
We were in a hotel room on the road with Reservoir Dogs
他拿出他的拍纸簿
and he’s got his legal pads out.
还有别的东西,你知道
And his thing, you know,
就是他创作剧本的方式
the way that he does his scripts.
他开始读所有这些角色以及舞台指导
He starts reading all these characters and stage direction.
我爱你,小南瓜
I love you, Pumpkin.
我爱你,兔子宝贝
And I love you, Honey Bunny.
那就是《低俗小说》
And it’s Pulp Fiction.
大家冷静,这是抢劫
Everybody be cool. This is a robbery.
什么?
What?
你们哪个他妈的浑球动一动…
Any of you fuckin’ pricks move
我就处死你们这帮干♥你♥妈♥的
and I’ll execute every one of ya motherfuckers.
昆汀说,“这就是我下一部
Quentin says, “This is my next thing.
“这就是我要做的”
This is what I’m gonna do.”
这是我想的那东西吗?
Is that what I think it is?
好多金融家怀着热心…
There was an eagerness by many financiers
要制♥作♥昆汀的下一部电影
to make Quentin’s next movie.
我们同意了
We had agreed,
呃,哈维·韦恩斯坦同意了
uh, Harvey Weinstein agreed,
资助这部电影
uh, to finance the film.
他们从未干涉过他的素材
They never interfered with his material.
我是说…昆汀电影裡有些主题和对白,真的…
I mean…There’s subject matter and dialogue in Quentin’s pictures that really
换成别人做了 是不可能被放过的
nobody else could get away with doing
特别是白人
especially a white guy.
你有没有注意到我房♥子前面有个标识
Did you notice a sign on the front of my house
上写“死黑鬼仓库”
that said, “Dead Nigger Storage.”
吉米,你知道我屁也没看见
Jimmy, you know I ain’t seen no shit.
你有没有注意到我房♥子前面有个标识
Did you notice a sign on the front of my house
上写“死黑鬼仓库”?
that said “Dead Nigger Storage?”

No.
我拿到剧本,然后…
I got the script and …
我差不多就坐在那裡盯着它
…I kind of sat there and stared at it.
等我看完了,我就暗想
When I was done I was like,
“哇,这剧本不可能有他妈的这么好吧”
“Oh, there’s no fuckin’ way the script that’s good.”
我那样读,是因为…
I’m just readin’ it like that because
他告诉我这部分是他为我写的
he told me he wrote this part for me.
你知道他们把“1/4磅起司汉堡”叫什么吗?
You know what they call a- a Quarter Pounder with Cheese,
在巴黎
uh, in Paris?
他们不叫“1/4磅起司汉堡” ?
They don’t call it a Quarter Pounder with Cheese?
不,兄dei,他们是公制单位
No, man. They got the metric system.
他们不会知道1/4磅是他妈什么情况
They wouldn’t know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.
那他们叫什么?
Then what do they call it?
他们叫它皇家吉士堡
They call it, uh, The Royale with Cheese.
皇家吉士堡
Royale with Cheese.
对了
That’s right.
第二遍还是一样令人惊异
Second time it was just as amazing.
所以就这样了
So it’s like,
我演
okay.
如果哈维·韦恩斯坦有种来制♥作♥这部电影
If Harvey Weinstein has the balls to make this movie,
这部电影将会帅呆了
this movie’s gonna be awesome.
我知道我的朋友会爱上它
I know my friends are gonna love it.
《低俗小说》出来的时候…
He had built a real fan base
他已在家庭录像带市场有了一个真正的粉丝群体
on home video by the time Pulp Fiction came out.
但我认为他也学到了一些东西
But I think he learned something, too.
他去电影节巡演时看到足够多的观众观影
Watching the film with enough audiences when he went and toured film festivals,
他意识到他需要给观众
he realized that he needed to give the audience
大笑的许可
permission to laugh.
那伙计的脑袋在汽车后座上被崩掉了
The dude’s head gets blown off in the back of the car.
我是说,大家对这种东西大笑,然回过神来
I mean people laugh at that shit and then they catch themselves and go
“哦,该死,我不能笑这种事”
“Oh, shit. I can’t laugh at that.”
Oh!
他妈的出了什么事?
What the fuck’s happenin’?
啊,老兄,该死,老兄
Ah, man. Oh, shit, man.
噢,兄弟,我一枪打在马文脸上
Oh, man, I shot Marvin in the face.
你♥他♥妈♥为什么要这么干?
Why the fuck’d you do that?
而它还很酷,因为那不是电脑特效血
And it’s cool, too, because it’s not CGI blood.
他仍然喜欢用爆竹和血袋那些东西
He still likes to use squibs and blood packs and stuff,
所以我意思是 我可能在25英尺远的房♥间这头…
so I mean I could be twenty-five feet across the room
因开枪打房♥间另一头的人而让自己溅上血
and get blood splattered on me from shootin’ somebody on the other side of the room,
这简直帅呆了
which was like awesome.
你派老狼来?
You’re sending The Wolf?
你没感觉好些吗,干♥你♥妈♥的?
Don’t you feel better, motherfucker?
妈的当然,黑鬼
Shit yeah, Negro.
有你这句话就行
That’s all you had to say.
比如你不得不打电♥话♥叫人
Like you have to call someone
因为你意外轰掉了某人的脑袋,这很令人惊讶
because you accidentally shot someone’s head off is amazing,
然后事情变成…
and then that it becomes, like,
他疲惫不堪去清理脑浆花子
he’s so blasé about cleaning bits of brain up.
噢,天
Oh, man!
为这烂事我永远不会原谅你
I will never forgive your ass for this shit.
因为他总是有意搞笑
Because he always intended it to be funny,
但大家好像感觉有点不舒服
but people sort of felt a little bit uncomfortable.
我可以发笑吗?
Am I allowed to laugh?
我是不是有病,笑这种事?
Am I sick if I’m laughing?
你知道,“这是什么情况?”
You know, what’s going on?
《低俗》裡,是故意的
And with Pulp, intentionally,
他真的让人人都参与了玩笑
he really let everybody in on the joke.
他俩看起来像一对呆瓜
They look like a couple of dorks.
这是你的衣服,干♥你♥妈♥的
They’re your clothes, motherfucker.
我可以看着它,说…
I can look at it and say
这就是那种黑帮角色之一
this is one of those gangster characters.
这就是他的思维
This is how he’s thinkin’,
这就是他的说话,这就是他的节奏
this is how he’s talkin’, and this is what his cadence is.
而我将以极大复仇及激烈怒火击倒汝等
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger.
那些意图毒害和毁灭我兄弟之人
those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers.
因为我花了很多年做戏剧
And because I spent so many years doing theater.
而你将知晓我的名即是天主
And you will know my name is the Lord
待我降下仇恨于汝等之时
when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
我爱独白
I love a monologue.
我记得我最早把剧本给韦恩斯坦时
I remember when I originally gave this script to the Weinsteins,
哈维读了,给我打电♥话♥说:
Harvey read it and called me up and said,
“你们疯了吧,你们刚到电影中间就杀死了主要角色”
“You guys are crazy. You just killed the main character in the middle of the movie.”
我说,“继续读”
I said, “Keep reading.”
他说:“可你不能在电影中间就杀死主要角色”
He said, “But you can’t kill the main character in the middle of the movie.”
我说,“继续读”
I said, “Keep reading.”
他说:“哦,我的天,他回来了,是不是?”
He said, “Oh, my God. He comes back, doesn’t he?”
他来一句“是不是大团圆结局?”
He goes, “Is it a happy ending?”
我说:“它是个大团圆结局”
I said, “It’s a happy ending.
昆汀的好处在于…
And the beauty of Quentin is that
到了拍这部电影的时候
when it’s time to shoot the film,
虽然是他写的,他构想的,而且他知道故事走向…
though he wrote it and he conceived it and he knows where it’s going…

Hello?
演员们是全局中很大的一部分
…the actors are a huge part of that soup
这一点塑造了这个故事的特质
that creates that character of the story.
文森特?
Vincent?
文森特?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!