from the floor.
我问了他,我说…
I asked him, I said, um,
“这一整段你准备放什么音乐?”
“What’s the music you’re gonna play over this whole thing?”
而他说…
And he said, uh,
哦,他说“我真的想放,Stealers Wheel乐队
“Well…” he said, “I really want, uh, Stealers Wheel.
我想放《困在中间》
I want to do “Stuck In The Middle.”
我说 “你何不放给我听?”
And I said, “Why don’t you play it for me.”
于是他们把它放在手提音响裡
And so they put it on a boom box.
实际上电影裡就是这样放这首歌♥的
That’s actually how it’s actually cued in the movie.
这样我慢慢站起来,唱着歌♥
And so I slowly started to stand up and I sang
突然就开始跳我自己版本的神经舞蹈
while I started to suddenly do my version of a maniacal dance.
我不知道我今晚为何而来…
Well, I don’t know why I came here tonight I got…
说实话,我不知道灵感从何而来
Honestly, I don’t know where it came from.
真的不知道
I honestly don’t.
我在琢磨我该怎么下楼梯
And I’m wondering how I’ll get down the stairs
我不会跳舞,这很明显
I can’t dance, which is obvious,
然后,就好像,我随之起舞
and- and then sort–I just went with it,
因为我感觉这样能行
’cause I felt like it was working
我没听见他喊“咔”
and I didn’t hear him say, “cut”.
与你困在中间
…stuck in the middle with you.
我真的感觉受到尊重
I felt really respected.
他就那样任由我发挥
And the fact that he let me do that,
我是说,我为此而爱他
I mean, I- I loved him for that.
还有那个耳朵的事
Even the- the ear thing.
他说“好了,带着耳朵入镜”
He said, “Okay, step in the frame with the ear.”
于是我走入镜头,手裡拿着它
So I walk in the frame and I have it in my hand,
那是个吓人的时刻,你知道
which is a horrifying moment, you know.
哦,老天
Oh, my God.
然后他说 “扔了它
And he’s going, “Throw it.
“扔了它
Throw it.
“扔了它”
Throw it.”
我不太想扔掉它
And I didn’t really want to throw it,
但我想不出什么好玩的事去做
but I couldn’t think of anything interesting to do.
于是我对着它说话
And so I spoke in it.
嘿,怎么啦?
Hey, what’s going on?
你听见没?
You hear that?
然后我扔掉它
So then I threw it.
然后我想,天,如果你是那个人
And I was thinking, God, if you were that guy,
如果有人对你那么做
if someone did that to you,
那是多么可怕的事啊?
how horrible would that be?
那是一部吓人的电影
It was a terrifying movie.
作为一个观众
As an audience,
我们从未见过那样的东西,真的
we had never seen anything like that really.
感觉那么的新鲜,那么兴奋,而且是爆♥炸♥性的
It felt so new and so exciting and explosive
光是对白就很有活力
and dynamic in just the dialogue.
给我这烂东西
Give me that fuckin’ thing.
你是老几,搞什么鬼?
Now what the hell do you think you’re doin’?
把我的书还给我
Give me my book back.
我他妈的听够了
I’m sick of fuckin’ hearing it.
乔,等我们走的时候我会还给你
Joe, I’ll give it back to you when we leave.
什么意思等我们走时?
What do you mean when we leave?
现在就还给我
Give me it back now.
过去15分钟裡
For the past fifteen minutes now,
你一直在嘟哝着名字,托比
you’ve been droning on about names, Toby.
托比?
Toby?
我们开始拍摄《落水狗》后…
Once we started shooting Reservoir Dogs…
我记得也就几天之后
…and I remember just being a couple days in,
我把哈维·凯特尔拉到一边,我说
and I pulled Harvey Keitel aside and I said,
“哈维,我太兴奋了”
“Harvey, I’m so excited.”
他说,“你为什么这么兴奋?”
And he said, “Well, why are you so excited?”
我说“哇,我从未想象过…
And I said, “Well, I never imagined
“我们在拍电影时要做的,会好过…
that what we would do on the film would better
“我坐在房♥间裡读剧本时所经历的”
the experience that I had of sitting alone in my room reading the script.”
我左耳朵听到的是麦当娜的大屌♥
I’ve got Madonna’s big dick coming out of my left ear
而托比那个日本…我也不知道什麽地方
and Toby the Jack, I don’t know what,
出现在我的右耳朵裡
comin’ out of my right.
哈维·凯特尔说
And Harvey Keitel said,
“当然比那要好
“Of course, it’s better than that.
“有我在嘛”
I’m here.”
裡面有好多内容
There’s just so much good stuff in them.
不仅仅是视觉上,也不仅仅是…
No only visually, but, and not only
演员们说什么,还有他们做什么
what the actors say, but what they do
以及他们怎么做的,情节如何展开的
and how they do it and how the plot unfolds.
我认为每一个评论家…
I think the reason that every critic
新闻工作者,都为《落水狗》而疯狂
and journalist went crazy for Reservoir Dogs
其理由是正当的
is rightfully so.
这是一次不同凡响的初试啼声
It was the debut of an extraordinary new voice.
而且,你知道,这是我们的九十年代独♥立♥电影
And, you know, it was our nineties Auteur Indie cinema,
你知道,相当于法国新浪潮
you know, the equivalent of the French New Wave,
随心所欲打破任何规则
breaking any rules that he wants.
让人震颤
It was thrilling.
我们走回拖车
We were walking back to the trailers.
我记得哈维,他说“这很好,对吧?”
I remember Harvey, he says, “This is good, right?”
然后,我说
And- and, I went,
“是的,真♥他♥妈♥的好”
“Yes, really fuckin’ good.”
谁是硬汉?
Who’s a tough guy?
谁是硬汉?
Who’s a tough guy?
然后他来一句,“别给它触霉头,别给它触霉头
And he went, “Don’t jinx it. Don’t jinx it.
“不管你做什么,别给它触霉头”
Whatever you do, don’t jinx it.”
我说“好的”
I said, “Okay.”
这句话,这话从这傢伙嘴裡说出来
But it was, the word was out on this- on this guy.
我们去法国,带着…
So when we went to France with…
《落水狗》
..Reservoir Dogs,
它被…它被选入电影节的官方评选
it was, um, it was chosen as an official selection of the film festival
这是一个非常显赫的位置
which is a very prestigious place to be,
特别是对首次执导的导演来说
particularly for a first time director.
我们在“电影宫”上映我们的电影
So we showed our film in the Palais,
在那之前的三天裡
and in the three days prior to that,
昆汀和劳伦斯还有我在戛纳四处逛
Quentin and Lawrence and I are walking around Cannes
沿着海滨大道走,看着…
and walking down the Croisette and looking at
不同的电影,去不同的电影厅
different movies and going to different screenings
– 就是在… – 喂
– and just… – Hey.
好好享受时光
…having a good old time.
接着我们放映了这部电影
And then we screen the film
在“电影宫”特别午夜场
as a midnight special screening in the Palais.
之后那天
And the day after that,
我们像以前那样走在街上
when we would walk down the street as we were
三傻逛大街
goofy guys wandering around,
你开始听见有人喊“塔伦蒂诺
you’d start to hear people going, “Tarantino!
塔伦蒂诺
Tarantino!”
从此昆汀的传奇开始了
And thus the legend of Quentin began.
一位导演的诞生,有几分像是就应该在…
The Auteur was born somewhat as it should be in
戛纳
Cannes.
放映后的那天,我接到一个电♥话♥,是马裡奥·卡萨尔
The day after it screened, I got a call from Mario Kassar
他是Carolco公♥司♥的头,他说
who is head of Carolco and he said,
“我们船上全部的导演
“All of our directors on our boat,
“呃,都想见见昆汀
um, want to meet Quentin.
“比如你们制♥作♥这部电影是怎么回事,这人是谁”
Like what is this movie you made and who is this guy?”
我说,好吧,我带他去
And I said, well, I’ll bring him by.
于是我们去了那游艇
So we showed up at the boat and
雷尼·哈林,奥利弗·斯通,还有詹姆斯·卡梅隆
Renny Harlin and Oliver Stone and James Cameron
还有保罗·范霍文,全都在那裡
and Paul Verhoeven were all there
而他们只想见见昆汀
and they just wanted to meet Quentin.
然后,突然间,昆汀就…
And, suddenly, Quentin has,
不仅仅是坐在桌前,而是有些掌控全桌话题
not only a seat at the table, but is kind of running the table
这些人对昆汀很有兴趣
and these guys are so interested in Quentin.
基本上一切就是这样开始的
And this is how it sort of all began.
昆汀从戛纳回来,《落水狗》之后
Quentin came back from Cannes after Reservoir Dogs.
这是个让人着迷的故事
Now that was a fascinating story,
因为他轰然倒在我沙发上,明白吗?
’cause he was crashing on my couch, right?
而我…我不得不接到

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!