然后去了塞瓦斯托波尔的一个公社
Then, to a commune in Sevastopol.
我学着变成他们那样
Well I learned to be like them.
你懂吗
You know?
结果这比我想象中简单得多
As it turns out, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be.
但那不是真正的我 我这么做是
but it wasn’t really me. I was doing it for…
为了不失去特丽莎
So that I wouldn’t lose Theresa.
于是他变得看起来像他们 说话也像他们
He started looking like them, talking like them…
但他们让他觉得自己苍老 无知和贫穷
but they made him feel old and uneducated and poor.
特丽莎开始觉得…
Theresa started thinking…
威廉保守刻板而且占有欲很强 便离开了他
William was uptight and possessive and she left him.
在特丽莎之后
After Theresa…
什么样的女人我都可以
Women didn’t have to look one way or the other.
不必是特定的类型
Or be a certain way.
我觉得我只要…
I think that I just…
我只想赢得她们 这样我就不至于寂寞了
I want to win them over so that I won’t be lonely.
– 你住这里吗 – 对的
– You live here? – I do.
但是我一旦得到他们
But, once I have them…
就不知道该对她们怎么办了
I don’t really know what to do with them.
– 你等会想做点什么 – 睡觉
– You want to do something later? – Sleep.
我该走了
I should go.
他的爱好是制♥作♥陶碗
What he likes is making bowls…
那时他闻起来不再是机油和润滑油的味道了
He doesn’t smell like oil and grease…
他的手也不再像是汽修工的粗手了
his hands don’t look like a dumb mechanic’s hands.
我先用了一段时间的小碗 然后我觉得我需要…
I’ve been using smaller bowls for a while, then I was kinda feeling like I need…
然后等它变得干点之后…
And when it gets little bit drier…
它很漂亮
It’s beautiful.
什么情况
What?
是你修好的嘛
Did you fix it?
这个嘛 可能吧
Well, maybe.
它有部分是大众汽车的
It’s part of Volkswagen now.
我临时改装了一下
I had to improvise.
那你要怎么认识别人呢
And how you’re gonna get to know a person way over there?
– 我该怎么做 – 你就随便聊聊
– What am I supposed to do? – Just make a little small talk.
介绍你自己 邀请她跳舞
Introduce yourself… ask her to dance…
– 好吧 你好 我是威廉 – 你好
– Okay, hello I am William… – Hello…
你好 我住在你楼下
Hello… I live downstairs…
– 喔对 – 和车住一块
– Yeah. – With the cars…
– 你愿意和我跳舞吗 – 当然
– Would you like to dance with me? – Yes, sure.
好吧
Okay.
伸出你的手来 然后把另一只手放在这里
Put your hand out right. Put the other hand here and just be there…
– 她想要的就是陪伴 – 喔 好的
– All she wants is a little company. – Oh good…
很好
That’s nice.
David Bowie- DJ?
我觉得我可以理解你
I feel like I understand you.
我们应该逃离这里 就你和我 你懂吗
We should get away from here. It’s just me and you, you know?
沿着海边往北 去某个地方独处
Go up the coast… Be alone somewhere.
杰米 你爱的是朱莉
Jamie, You are in love with Julie…
你不能这样任她摆布
You can’t let it push you around.
你得告诉她你想要的
You have to tell her what you want.
要是你那时候在听的话…
If you were to listen to it…
那是什么意思 文艺基佬
What does that mean… Art Fag?
我的意思是 那是…
I mean, what is…?
如果你从社会学的角度来看待这件事
If you would’ve think about it from more like a sociological perspective.
那词是从哪来的 文艺基佬
Where does that come from? Art fag.
– 那到底是什么 – 艾比知道它是什么
– What is that? – Abbie understands it.
艾比才不知道 她只不过是身在其中
Abbie does not understand it, she’s just a part of it.
Black Flag- Nervous Breakdown?
我们不必喜欢它
We don’t need to like it.
好吧 他在说什么
Okay, what is he saying?
把头靠在我肩上
Head on my shoulders…
– 狂怒起来 – 什么
– going berserk. – What?
– 这有意思吗 – 我不知道
– Is that interesting? – I don’t know.
我也不知道
I don’t know either.
我觉得我们可能想太多了
I think we’re maybe over-thinking this.
我们听听文艺基佬吧
Let’s try the Art Fag one.
文艺基佬来了
Here come the Art Fags.
Talking Heads – The Big Country?
好的
Oh yeah.
你觉得怎样
What do you think?
就是这样
That’s it.
我觉得我们是文艺基佬类型的
I guess we’re more the art fag types.
我喜欢
I like that.
过来 你这个深不可测的男孩
Come here, you inscrutable boy.
我给他喝了啤酒
I gave him beer and then I…
然后教他用语言诱惑女人
taught him how to verbally seduce women.
然后…
And…
我们喝醉了开车 但我停下来了
we drove drunk, but I stopped that.
然后他亲了翠西 然后我们走回家了
and then he kissed Trish… and then we walked home.
你不生气吗
You’re not mad?
你生气了…
You are mad…
你能看到他在外面的世界为人的样子
You get to see him out in the world as a person.
我永远看不到
I never will.
等等…
Just…
看这个
There.
不敢相信艾比把这本书给了你
I can’t believe Abbie gave you this book.
书很有趣
It’s interesting.
那是什么感觉
What’s it like?
– 对女孩儿来说… – 什么
– For girls… – What?
性?
Sex?
高♥潮♥
Orgasms.
你真想知道那是什么感觉
Do you really want to know what it’s like?
对
Yeah.
我没有过
I don’t have them.
什么
What?
我朋友也没有过
None of my friends do.
– 那你们为什么还做 – 因为别的原因
– So why do you do it? – There’s other reasons.
你知道吗 比如他注视你的样子
You know, like the way that he looks at you…
他们到某个点都会有一点渴求的样子
the way they all get a little desperate at some point.
还有他们发出的小呻♥吟♥
And the little sounds that they make.
还有他们的身体…
And their bodies…
因为你无法确切地知道他们看起来会是什么样子
Cause you don’t exactly know what they’re gonna look like..
闻起来也好 摸起来也罢
Or smell or feel like…
你做了才知道
Until you do it.
但是啊…
But yeah…
半数我都后悔了
Half the time I regret it.
那你为什么还做
Then why do you do it?
因为还有一半我不后悔
Cause half the time I don’t regret it.
《活着和过时是痛苦的:衰老的女人》
作者 佐伊·莫斯 1970年
我很合群 对他人感兴趣
I am gregarious…interested in others.
我也聪明
and I think intelligence…
我想要的只是了解他人并且…
All I ask is to get to know people and…
让他们有兴趣了解我
to have them interested in knowing me.
我不确定自己是否会再次结婚
I doubt whether I would marry again and…
去和另一个人如此近距离生活
live that close to another individual.
但我总是受人忽视
But I remain invisible.
当你看着我的时候 连一分钟都不要假装
Don’t pretend for a minute, as you look at me
以为我不如你一般鲜活
that I’m not as alive as you are.
我也不要因为你给我强加的标签
and I do not suffer from the category…
而受罪
to which you are forcing me…
我觉得脱♥光♥了之后 我比我前夫更迷人
I think stripped down I look more attractive than my ex-husband…
但在生理上和社会上我都过时了
But I am sexually and socially obsolete.
他却没有
And he is not.
现在我有能力接受人们真实的样子
I have a capacity now for taking people as they are.
这是我二十多岁时做不到的
which I lacked at twenty.
我半数时间都能够达到高♥潮♥
I reach orgasm in half the time…
我也知道如何取悦
and I know how to please…
然而我却不敢向一个男人表示
Yet I do not even dare show a man…
我觉得他有多迷人
that I find him attractive.
如果我这么做了 他可能会觉得像是我冒犯了他一样
If I do so, he may react as if I had insulted him.
我就应该履行好我的小职责
I am supposed to fulfill my small functions
然后消失
and vanish.
你是怎么看待这些东西的