2009年 印度 娜迦邓铜矿
看着点儿 小心 小心
Hey, hey, watch out. Watch out.
欢迎你 我的朋友
Welcome, my friend.
见到你真好
Great to see you.
真高兴你来了
Yeah, glad you made it.
这是阿吉特吗 长成小伙子了
This can’t be Ajit. He’s a little man already.
-真难以置信 -艾德里安 你一定饿了吧
– Unbelievable. – I hope you’re hungry, Adrian.
我要饿死了 你还好吗 阿帕娜
I’m famished. How are you, Aparna?
-我做了你最爱吃的咖喱鱼 -真等不及了
– I made that fish curry you love. – I can’t wait.
我每次见她都变得更漂亮了 为什么呢
She gets more beautifuI every time I see her. Why is that?
是很奇怪啊 但她做的咖喱鱼还是很难吃
Strange, isn’t it? But her fish curry is still awful.
你在电♥话♥里神神秘秘的
You were mysterious on the phone.
你怎么没有出席会议
Why didn’t you attend the conference?
马上你就会知道了 艾德里安先生
I will show you, Adrian, Sir.
萨特南 你太见外啦
Satnam, stop “siring” me.
我们要下到多深
How deep do we need to go?
3353米处
Eleven thousand feet.
我为此找遍了全印度
I searched all over India for this thing.
这里曾经是世界最深的铜矿
Used to be the deepest copper mine in the world.
还记得我弟弟格迪普吗
Remember my brother, Gurdeep?
他现在是一名学生了
He’s a student now.
你们好 赫姆斯利博士
Namaste, Dr. Helmsley, sir.
叫我艾德里安就行
Adrian. It’s just Adrian.
今天这么热 怎么就这么点冰
It’s so hot, ice’s so little
省着点用 好吗
Just don’t pour too much, huh?
你们是怎么高温作业的
How do you work in this heat?
今天还算好的呢
You’ve come on a good day, my friend.
有时候能达到华氏120度 (约49℃)
Sometimes it can hit 120 degrees.
这位是洛克什博士
You have to come and meet Dr. Lokesh
钦奈大学的量子物理研究员
a Fellow of quantum physics at the university in Chennai.
你好 赫姆斯利博士
Dr. Helmsley.
这是什么
So, what are we looking at?
这是中微子正常活动的状态
These are neutrinos acting normally.
没有聚集或是带电荷
Minuscule mass, no electricaI charge.
它们可以不受干扰的穿过普通的物体
They pass through ordinary matter almost undisturbed.
你上次说了 太阳暴之后
Your message said the count doubled
中微子数量翻倍了 是吧
after the last solar eruptions.
那是上周的事
That was last week.
这是两天前发生的
But this happened two days ago.
人类历史上最大的一次太阳暴
The biggest Sun eruptions in human history
引起了有史以来最大的中微子反应
causing the highest neutrino count we’ve ever recorded.
我的天啊
My God.
这还不是我担心的
That’s not what worries me, Adrian.
中微子居然
For the first time ever
首次引起了物理反应
the neutrinos are causing a physicaI reaction.
这不可能
That’s impossible.
这感觉真好
That feels very good.
请跟我来
Please, follow me.
你肯定无法相信
You won’t believe this.
这个水罐还要再深1800米
This water tank goes down another 6000 feet.
貌似这些来自太阳的中微子
It looks like the neutrinos coming from the Sun
突变成为了一种新的核粒子
have mutated into a new kind of nuclear particle.
它们正在给地核加温
They’re heating up the Earth’s core
就像微波原理一样
and suddenly act like microwaves.
2009年 华盛顿 林肯酒店广场
女士们先生们 我说过 没有演说
Ladies and gentlemen, as promised, no speech
就一句话 谢谢你们
just a thank- You
今晚多亏了各位的慷慨解囊
because tonight, with your extraordinary generosity
我们筹到了170万美金
we have raised $1.7 million.
-我是白宫的工作人员 -不管你是谁
– I work for the White House. – I don’t care.
请着正装进入会场
This is a black- Tie event.
斯考迪
Scotty.
艾德里安 你不是在印度吗 怎么了
Hey. Adrian, I thought you were in India. What’s going on?
-把你的西装给我 -什么
– I need your Jacket. – What?
我得和安休斯谈谈 拜托把衣服给我
I gotta speak to Anheuser. Give me your damn Jacket, please.
小心点 那衣服600块呢
Hey! Easy, that’s a $600 Jacket.
安休斯先生
Mr. Anheuser?
安休斯先生
Mr. Anheuser.
我得和您谈谈
I need to talk to you.
-我们认识吗 -打扰你了 先生
– Do I know you? – Sorry, sir.
我是科技部地质方面的副研究员
My name’s Dr. Adrian Helmsley. I’m a
我叫艾德里安·赫姆斯利
deputy geologist at the Office of Science and Technology Policy.
失陪一下 各位
Excuse me, fellas.
你应该知道这是个资金筹集酒会
You know that this is a fundraiser, not a frat party, right?
-此事非同小可 -总是这样
– It’s important, sir. – You know what? It always is.
你约个时间 要不这样吧
Make an appointment with myYou know, even better:
让你的上司在本季度科学报告会上
Have your boss bring it up
再和我说 好吧
at the quarterly science briefing. Ok?
这主意不错
There’s a good plan.
我连着坐了20个小时的飞机过来 先生
I just traveled 20 straight hours to get here, sir.
两天没合眼
I haven’t slept in two days.
您必须得看看这个 马上
You need to read this, sir. You need to read it now.
我看看 国家地地质灾害?
Let me guess, nationaI geology crisis?
失陪一下
Excuse me.
-你的上司是谁 -里克·韦索斯
– Who do you report to? – Lee Cavazos.
以后不是了
Not anymore.
阿尔 备车
Alan, bring the car around.
-你最好洗个澡 -什么
– You’re gonna wish you took a shower. – Sir?
等会儿我带你去见总统
You’re about to meet the president.
怎么了
What’s going on?
把这些拿到我办公室去
Get that to the office.
2010年 英属哥伦比亚 八国集团首脑会议
早上好
Good morning.
我想要和各位元首单独谈谈
I would like to meet privately with my fellow heads of state.
马可拉克先生希望他的翻译可以在场
Mr Macaraca wishes to have his interpreters present.
总统先生 我可以向你保证
Mr. President, I can assure you
你绝对可以听懂我说的话
your English is more than sufficient for what I have to say.
总统先生
Mr. Presidents.
半年前
Six months ago
我得知了一个震惊的消息
I was made aware of a situation so devastating
起初 我拒绝相信
that, at first, I refused to believe it.
然而
However
在我们杰出的科学家们的共同努力下
through the concerted efforts of our brightest scientists
我们确认了它的真实性
we have confirmed its validity.
我们的世界
The world as we know it
就要走向尽头了
will soon come to an end.
2010年 西♥藏♥ 邱明谷
这是个绝好的机会
This dam project will
可以创造更多的工作机会
create many new jobs.
党和国家一定会帮助大家重建家园
The Party and country will assist in your relocation.
奶奶 把手给我
Grandma, give me your hand.
-他们要把我们带到哪儿去 -不会有事的
– But where are they taking us? – It’ll be all right.
哥哥
Brother!
奶奶 我会给你寄钱的
Grandma, I will send you money.
谁能够写
Who can write?
谁能够读
Who can read?
谁能烧焊
Who can weld?
2011年 伦敦 皇家大酒店
想必阁下一定已经看过材料了吧
Has His Highness had an opportunity to study the dossier?
要知道 我有很多家人 你怎么称呼
You must understand, I have a very big family, Mr?
埃塞克
Isaacs.
10亿美元可是个大数目
One Billion dollars is a lot of money.
恐怕是10亿欧元 阁下
I’m afraid the amount is in euros, Your Highness.
2011年 巴黎 卢浮宫
我对你们的组织很有信心
I put a lot of faith into your organization.
这真是完美的仿制品 罗兰
It’s a perfect replica, Roland.
外面现在到处都是狂热分子
There are too many fanatics out there
被毁了就可惜了
that could damage her.
想想那些阿富汗被炸掉的佛像
Just think about the beautifuI Buddha statues they blew up in Afghanistan.
遗产组织已经开始收集
Our Heritage Organization has already made selections
大英博物馆和冬宫博物馆的藏品
from the British Museum and L’Hermitage.
她会被安全转移
I guess she’ll be safe now, tucked away
藏到瑞士防核碉堡里面
hidden in some bunker in Switzerland.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!