彼此彼此
Thank you.
-大卫 晚安 -赫尔 一切都好吗
-Good evening. -How are you, Hal?
-一切都好 你呢 -还不错
-Everything’s running smoothly. You? -Not too bad.
-你有没有做些别的事 -只画了几张素描
-Have you been doing more work? -A few sketches.
-可以让我看看吗 -当然可以
-May I see them? -Sure.
大卫 你画得很不错
That’s a very nice rendering, Dave.
我认为你有很大进步
I think you’ve improved a great deal.
-请你再拿近一点好吗 -当然可以
-Can you hold it a bit closer? -Sure.
那不是亨利博士吗 是的
That’s Dr. Hunter, isn’t it?
问你一个私人问题 不介意吧
By the way…
问你一个私人问题 不介意吧
…do you mind if I ask you a personal question?
一点也不介意
No, not at all.
请原谅我的好奇 但在过去的几星期中
Well, forgive me for being so inquisitive…
我怀疑你们对这次任务 是否另有想法
…but lately I’ve wondered…
我怀疑你们对这次任务 是否另有想法
…whether you might be having second thoughts about the mission?
这是什么意思
How do you mean?
这很难解释
Well, it’s rather difficult to define.
也许只是我对此事的关心
Perhaps I’m just projecting my own concern about it.
你知道对于和这次任务 有关的一切怪事
I know I’ve never completely freed myself of the suspicion…
我的疑心从未完全解除
…that there are some extremely odd things about this mission.
我想你多少同意我的看法
I’m sure you’ll agree there’s some truth in what I say.
我不知道 那是个相当难以回答的问题
That’s a rather difficult question to answer.
大卫 讨论这件事你不介意吗
You don’t mind talking about it, do you, Dave?
不 一点都不介意
No, not at all.
相信大家在出发前都听过 在我们四周流传的一些谣言
Certainly no one could have been unaware of the very…
相信大家在出发前都听过 在我们四周流传的一些谣言
…strange stories floating around before we left.
有关于月球上 有某样东西被挖掘出来的谣言
Rumors about something being dug up on the moon.
我从不相信这些谣言
I never gave these stories much credence…
但就某些已发生的事来说
…but particularly in view of some other things that have happened…
我发现很难把他们忘掉
…I find them difficult to put out of my mind.
例如说
For instance…
我们的装备是如此安全周密
…the way all our preparations were kept under such tight security.
亨利博士 金波博士 和克明斯基博士
And the melodramatic touch of putting Drs. Hunter…
在各别训练四个月后
…Kimball, and Kaminsky aboard…
以非常戏剧性的手法
…already in hibernation,
在冬眠状态下登上太空船
after four months of training on their own.
你是为了心理报告而问的
You working up your crew psychology report?
当然是的
Of course I am.
很抱歉问你这件事 我知道有点可笑
Sorry about this. I know it’s a bit silly.
等等
Just a moment.
等等
Just a moment.
我刚在AE35单位中 找到一项故障
I’ve just picked up a fault in the AE-35 unit.
在72小时内它将完全失效
It’s going to go 100 percent failure within 72 hours.
-到现在为止 仍在你的作业极限内吗 -是的
-Is it still within operational limits? -Yes.
它会保持现状直到完全失效
And it will stay that way until it fails.
我们还有72小时可以修护
We have 72 hours till failure?
是的 这个数字完全可靠
Yes. That’s a completely reliable figure.
看样子我们必须把它拿进来 不过我得先和富兰克商量
Then we’ll bring it in. I’ll go over it with Frank…
然后再与任务控制中心联络 请复印一份资料给我
…and get on to Mission Control. Let me have the hard copy on it.
X光一号♥ 这是任务中心
X-ray delta one, this is Mission Control.
你的2013讯息收到了
Roger your two-zero-one-three.
抱歉 伙伴们 目前有点小麻烦
Sorry you fellows are having a bit of trouble.
我们正在观察
We’re reviewing telemetric information
任务模拟器上的电传资料
in our simulator and will advise.
罗杰 你准备前往EVA
Roger your plan to go EVA
在AE35失效前加以更换
and replace alpha-echo-3-5 unit…
罗杰 你准备去EVA 在AE35失效前加以更换
…prior to failure.
请准备辅助舱前往EVA
Prepare B-pod for EVA, Hal.
请打开舱门 赫尔
Open the pod doors, Hal.
赫尔 真该死 就是找不到一点毛病
I’m damned if I can find anything wrong with it.
是啊
Yes…
真是令人费解
…it’s puzzling.
我以前从来没见过这样的事
I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like this before.
我建议我们把它放回去
I would recommend…
继续运作到失效为止
…that we put the unit back in operation and let it fail.
这样可很简单的追查出原因
It should then be a simple matter to track down the cause.
我们可以承受暂时停止通信 以便更换它
We can certainly afford to be out of communication…
我们可以承受暂时停止通信 以便更换它
…for the short time it will take to replace it.
X光一号♥ 这是控制中心
X-ray delta one, this is Mission Control.
你的1930讯息收到了
Roger your one-niner-three-zero.
我们同意你的计划 更换一号♥单位以检查错误
We concur with your plan to replace unit to check fault prediction.
同时必须告诉你们 我们初步调查发现
We advise you that our preliminary findings…
你们船上的三倍九零电脑 失效预测功能有问题
…indicate that your onboard 9000 computer…
你们船上的三倍九零电脑 失效预测功能有问题
…is in error predicting the fault.
重覆一次 失效预测功能有问题
I say again, in error predicting the fault.
我知道这听起来不太可能
I know this sounds rather incredible,
不过这个结论是根据…
but this conclusion is based on…
三倍九零电脑计算出来的
…the results from our twin 9000 computer.
我们自己也感到怀疑 我们正在做横向的例行检查
We’re skeptical, and we’re running cross-checking routines…
我们自己也感到怀疑 我们正在做横向的例行检查
…to determine reliability of this conclusion.
对这个故障感到抱歉 各位
Sorry about this little snag.
只要我们一查出结果 便会马上通知你们
We’ll get this info to you as soon as we work it out.
X光一号♥ 这是任务中心
X-ray delta one, this is Mission Control.
2091讯息传送完毕
Two-zero-four-nine. Transmission concluded.
我希望你们两人 对这件事不要操心
I hope the two of you are not concerned about this.
不 我并不操心
No, I’m not, Hal.
真的吗
Are you quite sure?
-真的 不过我倒想问你一个问题 -当然可以
-Yeah. I’d like to ask you a question. -Of course.
你认为你和成套9000 电脑间有何矛冒
How do you account for the discrepancy between you and the twin 9000?
我不认为有什么问题
Well, I don’t think there is any question about it.
这只能归咎于人为的错误
It can only be attributable to human error.
这类错误以前也发生过
This sort of thing has cropped up before…
而且总是由于人为的疏忽
…and it has always been due to human error.
听我说 赫尔
Listen, Hal…
9000型电脑 从来没有出错的例子吗
…there’s never been any instance at all…
9000型电脑 从来没有出错的例子吗
…of a computer error occurring in a 9000 Series, has there?
从没有 富兰克
None whatsoever, Frank.
9000型电脑有完美的记录
The 9000 Series has a perfect operational record.
当然 我知道 9000型电脑的伟大成就
I know the wonderful achievements of the 9000 Series, but….
但你确定即使最小的错误
Are you certain there’s never been
都不曾发生过吗
even the most insignificant computer error?
富兰克 从没有
None whatsoever, Frank.
老实说 对这件事我自己并不担心
Quite honestly, I wouldn’t worry myself about that.
好了 赫尔 我的确相信
Well, I’m sure you’re right, Hal.
你是对的 非常谢谢你
Fine. Thanks very much.
法兰克 C舱的送话器有点小毛病
I’m having trouble with my transmitter in C-pod.
你能不能和我一同检查
Would you come down and take a look at it with me?
赫尔 回头见
See you later, Hal.
赫尔 请转动C舱
Rotate C-pod, please, Hal.
大卫 你发现什么毛病
What sort of trouble are you having?
我在D频道中收到一些干扰
I’ve been getting some interference in D-channel.
我们去看看
We’ll have a look at it.
赫尔 请开门
Open the door, Hal.
请转动备用舱 赫尔
Rotate pod, please, Hal.
停住备用舱
Stop pod rotation, please, Hal.
请转动备用舱 赫尔
Rotate the pod, please, Hal.
请转动备用舱 赫尔
Rotate the pod, please, Hal.
我想他听不到我们的谈话
I don’t think he can hear us.
请转动备用舱 赫尔
Rotate the pod, please, Hal!
是的 的确没问题了
Yeah, I’m sure we’re okay.
你认为如何
What do you think?
-我不确定 你呢 -我觉得它不太对劲
-I’m not sure. What do you think? -I’ve got a bad feeling about him.
-是吗 -是的
-You do? -Yeah. Definitely.
你说不是吗
Don’t you?
我不知道 我想是的
I don’t know. I think so.
你知道他说得没错
He’s right about the 9000 Series
9000型电脑有完美的记录
having a perfect operational record.
确实
They do.
那听起来似乎有点 像著名的末世之言
Unfortunately, that sounds a little like famous last words.
但他不正是以这种观念 对失效作方式上的分♥析♥
Still, it was his idea to carry out the failure mode analysis.