而且这也不是你们第一次吵架了
it’s not like it’s the first time you’ve had a fight.
我相信你们两个能自己解决这个问题的
I’m sure you’ll both work through this.
妈妈 我永远都不会和卡莉在一起的
Mom, I’m never gonna be with Carly.
我希望你能明白
I need you to understand that.
你该喝口茶 不然就茶就变凉了
You should have your tea, before it gets cold.
我不想让你认为
I don’t want you to think we didn’t like the presents
我们不喜欢你给我们的礼物
you got for us.
我们只是不习惯拥有这么好的东西
We’re just, not used to having such nice things.
你也知道 你♥爸♥爸有点儿守财
And you know, your Dad is kind of a cheapskate.
哦 妈妈
Oh, Mom.
他的确是有点儿守财
Well, he is.
你可能永远不会相信我要和你说的事
You’re never gonna believe me when I tell you this.
什么事
What?
去年我没有投里根的票
I didn’t vote for Reagan last year.
妈妈
Mom!
你♥爸♥爸根本不知道
Your Dad has no idea.
你是投给了蒙代尔吗
You voted for Mondale?
你真的投了民♥主♥党的票吗
You actually voted for a Democrat?
在投票的最后一分钟我改变了主意
I changed my mind at the last minute.
我真的很喜欢他的核冻结政策 而且…
I really liked his nuclear freeze policy and–
我不相信战争
I don’t believe in war.
我看到了战争对你父亲和他的朋友所做的一切
I saw what it did to your Dad, and to his friends.
然后是平等权利修正案
And then there’s the Equal Rights Amendment.
我只是对他有一种好感
I just had a good feeling about him.
我从来不知道你这么喜欢政♥治♥
I didn’t even know you were that into politics.
亲爱的 我不仅仅只是个乡巴佬
Sweetie, I’m not just a country bumpkin.
我喜欢把自己想象成
I like to think of myself as
最近是个见多识广的公民
a well-informed citizen these days.
你准备好去睡觉了吗
You think you’re ready for bed?
嗯 我在这再待会儿
Um, I’m gonna stay here another minute.
好的
OK.
谢了 妈妈
Thanks, Mom.
艾德里安
Adrian?
艾德里安
Adrian.
嗯 怎么了
Uh, yeah?
快起来 我们要迟到了
Get up, we’re gonna be late.
没关系 让他休息一下 他不太舒服
It’s alright, just let him rest He’s not feeling well.
但是妈妈 他已经说好要带我去的
But Mom, he already said he was gonna take me.
艾德里安 我们现在可以走吗
Adrian? Can we go now?
可以 嘿 可以给我…
Yeah, hey can you just give me–
可以给我两分钟的时间吗
Just give me like two minutes?
嘿 能给我们…
Hey, can we have…
一张成人和一张儿童的《歌♥舞线上》票吗
one adult, one child for A Chorus Line, please?
抱歉 票已经卖♥♥完了
Sorry, that one’s sold out.
对不起 都是我的错 我们来晚了
I’m sorry, bud, it’s my fault we’re late.
没事 我不介意看《回到未来》的
It’s OK. I wouldn’t mind seeing Back to the Future.
你看过多少次了
How many times have you seen that?
我不知道 大概四次吧
I dunno, like, four?
好吧 我们还是看些没有看过的吧
OK, let’s see something you haven’t seen.
好吧…
OK…
哦 《猛鬼街2》
Oh. Nightmare 2.
这是限制级的 我不能带你看这个
That’s rated R. I can’t take you to see that.
爸爸和妈妈会杀了我的
Mom and Dad will kill me.
爸爸和妈妈又没有必要知道
Mom and Dad don’t have to know.
求你了
Please?
我想我要买♥♥这些
So, I think I’m gonna get these.
你不能再一天之内
You don’t have to spend your entire
就把你的代金券花掉 兄弟
gift certificate today, buddy.
是的 但他们拥有我想要的一切
Yeah, but they had all the ones I wanted.
兄弟 你…
Bud, you…
哇 你也拿太多排行榜前四十了吧
Wow, you are listening to way too much Top 40.
好吧 我们得给你拿些不同的磁带…
Alright, we gotta get you some different tapes…
你知道The Cure乐队吗
Do you know The Cure?
那么R.E.M.乐队呢
Or REM?
– 谁 – 好勒 我们开始吧
– Who? – OK, let’s go.
嘿
Hey.
你想来杯喝的吗
ou wanna have a drink?
不用了 谢谢
No, I’m good, thanks.
也睡不着是吗
Couldn’t sleep either, huh?
是的
No.
来 把水放下来
Come on, put that water down.
跟你老爸喝杯啤酒 来吧
Have a beer with your old man, come on.
拿把椅子
Grab a seat.
给你
There ya go.
坐下
Sit down.
我以前有和你一起喝过酒吗
Have I ever had a drink with you before?
没有 我想应该没有
No, I don’t think so.
见鬼 我十五岁的时候是第一次和我爸爸一起喝酒
Hell, I was 15 when I first had a beer with my Dad.
哦 来 干杯
Oh, well, cheers.
干杯 爸爸
Cheers, Dad.
你啊…
You…
你以非常快的速度就远离了这里
took off just as soon as you could.
你简直就是…
You couldn’t have…
一刻也不想停留
taken off any faster.
你到底在逃避什么啊
Were you running away from something?
我没有在逃避什么 爸爸
I wasn’t running away, Dad.
我能感觉到安德鲁远离我
I can feel Andrew drifting away from me.
可我甚至不知道该怎么办
I don’t even know what to do about it.
在他踢足球的时候一切都很好
Everything was fine when he was playing football.
每场比赛我都有去看
I was at every game.
一旦他开始进入剧院
Once he started to get into the theater,
我就不知道怎么跟他交流了
I just didn’t know how to talk to him anymore.
这个 你可以…
Well, you can just…
问他一些问题 这是个好的开始
ask him questions about it, that’s a good place to start.
他认为我对那些事情一无所知
He doesn’t think I know anything about that stuff,
以为我不明白
thinks I don’t get it.
我想他是对的 我…
Maybe he’s right, I’ve–
不管怎样 我从来都不是假装是艺术家的人
I’ve never been an artsy-fartsy kind of guy anyway.
但我越来越担心了
But I am getting worried.
你觉得…
Does he…
你觉得他柔弱吗
Does he seem soft to you?
他还是个孩子 爸爸
He’s still a kid, Dad.
但你在他这个年纪时就不像他这样
But you weren’t like him when you were at his age.
你整个高中都在运动
You played sports all through high school.
你在店里帮我的忙
You helped me out in the shop.
我的意思是 安德鲁一定得开始变得坚强得些
I mean, Andrew’s gotta be a lot tougher
否则他要在世界上度过一段艰难的时光
or he’s gonna have a hard time out in the world.
你的爷爷…
Your grandfather…
现在他对我很严厉
Now he was tough on me.
他从没有拥抱任何一个儿子 也没有问我们问题
He didn’t hug any of his sons, or ask us questions.
但他知道
But he sure knew how to
怎么用纪律来理顺我们
straighten us out with discipline.
成为了一个好的老混♥蛋♥ 如果这么说的话
Or a good ol’ ass whoopin if that’s what was called for.
因为他 我成为了今天的我
I am who I am today because of him,
我的结果很好 不是吗
and I turned out alright, didn’t I?
是的
Yeah.
你知道你可以一直依靠我 知道吗
You know you can always count on me, right?
如果出了问题 你需要钱 或者任何东西
If something goes wrong, you need money, anything at all.
我们可能没法提供太多 但我们总是能一起渡过难关
We may not have much but we always pull through.
见鬼…
Hell…
你不会想象我和我的朋友们
You wouldn’t believe some of the stuff I did
在越南对那些越南佬做的事情
for my buddies in ‘Nam, against them gooks.
爸爸 你不能说“越南佬”
Dad, you can’t say “gooks.”
我他妈想怎么叫就怎么叫
I can call them whatever the fuck I want!
你又不在那
You weren’t there.
在那有些人的生活依赖于我
There were people’s lives depending on me.
我帮助过许多人 我仍为此而闻名
I’ve helped so many people. I’m still known for that,
你可以问问镇上的人
you ask anyone in town.
我是这个镇上最可靠的人 你可以问任何人
I’m the most reliable person in this town. Ask anyone.
所以呢
So?