当然 亲爱的
Yeah, honey.
你来选位置
You choose the spot.
他们没事 美餐了一顿
They’re fine. Ate good.
直接睡着了
Went right to sleep.
自从他们的父亲死在德州
They haven’t spoken since their father died…
他们就没说过话
in Texas.
他们对我一直说个不停
I couldn’t get them to shut up.
他们跟你说话了吗
They talk to you?
一直都说
All the time.
问这是什么声音 还有这是什么动物
Ask about what’s this sound and this animal…
俄勒冈州是什么样子
What’s Oregon like…
他们不和我说话
They won’t talk to me.
几个月了
For months.
我想我也会责怪我自己
Guess I’d blame me too.
不是责怪
Ain’t blame.
他们只是不知道该说什么
They just don’t know what to say.
尤其在他们看到你经历了那么多之后
After all they seen you go through.
是这段旅程让他们不和你交谈
It’s the journey that keeps them from talking with you.
对他们来说 你就是颗巨大的蛋
To them, you’re this, this giant egg…
他们害怕你会碎掉
They’re terrified is gonna break.
他们跟我说话 因为
They talk to me cuz
他们才不在乎我会不会碎掉
they couldn’t care less if I break.
也没事
And that’s fine.
我也没那么在乎自己
Guess I don’t care too much myself.
到了俄勒冈会怎样
What happens in Oregon?
我对俄勒冈州一无所知
Don’t know a thing about Oregon.
我是说我们怎么办
With us, I mean.
我想我们可以找到一个山谷
Figure we find a valley with, uh…
一块干净的水源
some good water
荒无人烟
no people.
那我们就打上围栏 让它成为我们的地方
Then we stake it out and make it ours.
到时候你的孩子又会跟你说话了
And your boys will talk to you again.
因为旅程已经结束
Cuz the journey’s over.
我也失去过女儿
I’ve lost a daughter too.
总有一天你会责备自己的
Time will come when you blame yourself.
会觉得这是你的错
Think it’s your fault.
给了她太多自♥由♥
For giving her so much rein.
也许这是你的错
And maybe it is your fault…
但我要说
But I’ll say this–
我观察了这女孩六个月
I’ve watched this girl for the last six months
她比我们所有人活得更明白
and she has outlived us all.
我75岁了 她笑得比我多
I’m 75 years old and she has out-smiled me,
爱得比我多 战斗得比我多
out-loved me, out-fought me…
她比我活得更明白
She’s outlived me.
她比我们所有人活得更明白
She’s out-lived all of us.
她想给自己选墓地
She wants to pick the spot where she’s buried.
她想自己选 用自己的双眼看一看
She wants to choose it. Put eyes on it.
我们驾着马车赶不过去了
These wagons won’t make the trip in time.
我儿子太小 又不能骑马
My boy can’t make the trip on horseback.
Mm-hm.
我向她保证过
And I gave her my word.
我不能在她死时打破诺言
I can’t let her life end with me breaking it.
我完全不知道该怎么告诉我妻子
And I have absolutely no idea how to tell my wife…
我要把她的女儿从她的身边带走
I gotta take her daughter away from her….
去死
To die…
而她不能跟着来
And she can’t go.
你去跟她说 她才能听明白其中的道理
She’ll hear the logic in it from you.
而我告诉她 她只能听到其中的残酷
From me, all she’ll hear is the cruelty in it.
你觉得你能帮我吗
You think you can do that for me?
拜托了
Please…

Yeah.
我可以帮你
I can do that for ya.
夫人
Ma’am?
我丈夫有什么不敢问我的
So, what is my husband too scared to ask me?
他答应过你女儿她可以选择死在何处
He promised your daughter she could choose where she dies.
你们的农场就建在那里
And that’s where you build the ranch.
但要坐一个星期的马车
But it’s a week’s drive on a wagon.
她活不过一周
She ain’t got a week.
但骑马只用两天
Horse can make it in two days.
还是没听到你在问什么
Still haven’t heard a question.
我真的不知道问题是什么 夫人
Well, I really don’t know what the question is , ma’am.
我想问题是 你愿意在这里
I guess the question is, are you willing to say goodbye
跟她道别吗
to her here.
男人真♥他♥妈♥的懦弱
Men are such fucking cowards.
这不是懦弱 夫人
It ain’t cowardice, ma’am.
只是这种问题太让人心痛
It’s a shame that the question’s even being asked.
他们什么时候离开
When do they leave?
应该是早上出发
Should leave in the morning.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我别无他法
Ain’t no other way.
我爱你
I love you.
我爱你们
I love you both.
全心全意地
With all my heart.
我们山谷里见 妈妈
I’ll see you in the valley, mama.
到时见
See you there.
我希望你能证明他们都错了
I hope you prove ’em all wrong.
希望你二十年后还能这样笑着
Hope you laugh about this in twenty years.
嘲笑我们怀疑过你
Laugh at all of us for doubting you.
如果我不能
Well, if I can’t…
我会在海滩上和你见面的
I’ll come meet you on the beach.
我会给你留个位置
I’ll save you a spot.
我们就在你后面
We’ll be right behind you.
你照看好他们
Keep ’em close.
把当作他们是我自己的一样
Like they were my own.
这边 在这里
Elsa: This way. Here.
停下
Stop.
就在这里
(weak) This is the spot.
你想去哪边
Where do you want to go?
斜靠着树
Against the tree.
我们就坐在这儿
Let’s just sit here and…
休息一会儿
Rest for a bit.
你要毯子吗
You want a blanket?
不用
No.
你就是毯子
You be the blanket.
你记得最早的事是什么
What’s your first memory?
我 我想大概有三个
I was…probably three I reckon.
我爸爸有个学徒
My daddy had an apprentice.
他在敲马蹄铁
And he was banging horse shoes.
我记得火花的样子
I remember the sparks.
他抬头看着我笑了
He looked up at me and he smiled…
用手捂住眼睛说 躲猫猫 我看见你了
put his hands over his eyes, and said “peekaboo I see you,”
然后他用手捂住眼睛
then he covered his eyes with his hands,
他说你不能看着我
and he said you can’t see me.”
我在哪儿
“Where am I.”
我不懂这个游戏
I didn’t understand the game,
我是说 他躲在他的手后面
I mean, he was hiding behind his hands.
我可以看到他
And I could see him.
一清二楚
Plain as day.
我还以为他是个傻瓜
And I thought he was a fool.
我才是
Mine was…
所有这些鸟
All of these birds…
在房♥子后面的田里
In the field behind the house.
一场雨后
Right after a rain.
啄食着地面
Pecking at the ground.
抓虫子
Pulling out worms.
我当时想
And I thought…
多么聪明 等待雨水软化大地
“How smart. Wait for the rain to soften the earth.”
我只是觉得这很聪明
I just thought that was so smart.
你是对的 亲爱的 这很聪明
You were right, honey. That was smart.
你是对的 亲爱的 这很聪明
You birds sure are smart.
亲爱的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!