[Money for Nothing by Dire Straits]
# MTV… #
我就说别教她遛马
I told you not to teach her.
我可没教她
I didn’t teach her nuthin’.
这是我们来到这里的第三天
Elsa: This was our third day here.
自从我们踏上旅途 我们从未在一个地方
The longest we’d stayed in one place
安营扎寨这么长时间
since the journey started.
人与动物有一个共同点
One trait all animals share, people included:
无论我们在哪里或者我们想要去哪
no matter where we are or where we wish to be,
只要在那里呆着超过一天
if we’re there longer than a day,
我们都想让那里有家的感觉
we try to make a home of it.
但是这大草原不适宜安营扎寨
But the Plains are not for home building,
资源不够
not enough resources.
也没有遮风挡雨的地方
No shelter…
大草原是流浪漂泊的人
The Plains are for the vagabonds, wanderers,
以及牛仔们的乐园
and cowboys.
他们是住在马鞍上的人
Their home is a saddle.
以天为顶
The sky is their roof.
以地为席
The ground is their bed.
他们所缺少的物质慰藉
What they lack in material comfort
都可以从四海为家的心态中得到填补
is regained in the knowledge that they are always home.
对他们来讲 旅途即是终点
To them the journey is the destination.
就算他们在彩虹之端找到了金子
Should they find gold at the end of the rainbow,
他们也不会带走一瓢并继续寻觅
they would leave it there and seek another,
他们会选择自♥由♥ 而不是被琐事拖累
choosing freedom over the burden of the pot.
我从没想过俄勒冈也是如此
I haven’t thought once of Oregon.
从未梦想过大海或者被大雪覆盖的山峰
No dreams of the ocean or snow covered mountains.
我只是梦想着旅行
I only dream of the journey.
仅此而已
That is all.
我不想要结果
No gold for me.
只在乎过程
Just the rainbow.
准备好了吗
You ready?
准备好了
Yessir.
跟野马混在一起了
Well, joined up with some mustangs, I see.
野马可不好放牧
Mustangs are tricky to herd.
这是你的专长 山姆你怎么看
This is your world, Sam. What do you think?
我们应该用点小手段
I think we run the trick out of them.
先把种马给抓住
Carve out that stallion and get him caught.
马群就会乖乖就范了
They’ll follow us to camp like sheep.
从另一侧包抄
Get up against it on the other side!
逼近
Push in on it.
用鞭子抽着他赶着他走
Whoop at him to keep him moving.
抽他吗
Whoop at him?
这姑娘骑马快跟科曼奇人一样了
Girl’s starting to ride like a Comanche.
那是表扬呢 詹姆斯
That is a compliment, James.
第一季 第8集
驾
Hup!
-Hey! – Come on!
Ya! Hyah!
Hup!
Hyup! Hyup!
Ya! Hyup!
Hyup! Hyup!
现在知道怎么偷马了吧
Now you know how to steal horses.
以后能用上吧
Hm. Could come in handy some day.
跟着我 就能用上
If you stick with me it will.
该死的
Ow… Damn.
呵呵
Yeah, ha ha.
他说你穿着白人的衣服骑马骑成这样很不错了
He says you ride too good for white man pants.
他说的没错
He’s right.
大腿这块衣服裂了
Thigh tore out.
你还有别的裙子呢
You have another dress.
我宁肯穿麻袋
I’d rather wear a bean sack
也不想穿裙子
than be choked by a damned dress.
应该缝双排针
It should be double stitched.
我来给你缝吧
Let me see it. Let me see it.
拉勒米那边情况不是很好啊
I hear things are bad around Laramie.
确实
Yep.
阿♥拉♥帕霍和拉科塔的人受够了
Well, the Arapaho and the Lakota are pretty fed up
盗贼和政♥府♥的谎言
with the thieves and the government’s lies
他们要自己当家做主了
taking matters in their own hands.
也怪不着他们
Who can blame ’em?
不过也不用你担心
They won’t be your worry, though.
你需要担心的 是冬天
The winter is your worry,
这么多人一起行进
and with all those folks afoot,
冬天才是你要克服的困难
winter’s when you’re passing through.
对 对他们来说太难了
Well… It’s too much.
我觉得最好还是带他们去丹佛吧
I think I ought to take them to Denver.
去丹佛确实可以
Denver would be wise.
我们去喂马吧
Let’s tend to the horses.
他们去哪你说了不算
Where they go ain’t up to you.
你有问过他们想要什么吗
You even ask them what they want?
他们想去哪不重要
Want ain’t got nuthin to do with it.
他们活不下去的
They won’t survive.
那就活不下去呗
Then they don’t survive.
那是他们的决定 与你无关
That’s their choice. It ain’t yours.
然后你还是要去
You’re going anyway.
我不知道我要去哪
I don’t know where I’m going.
但是我肯定不去丹佛
But I ain’t going to Denver.
我也肯定不回去
And I sure as hell ain’t going back.
你想去丹佛吗
Do you want to go to Denver?
这次 我不会考虑我想要什么
I haven’t factored what I want into this once.
你♥爸♥爸脑子里有一张地图
There is a map in your father’s mind,
他想按照地图走 没人能阻止他
and no one’s gonna stop him from following it.
都没必要尝试
No sense in trying.
他说要相信他 我就相信他了
He said to trust him. I’m trusting him.
你相信他吗
Do you trust him?
你知道他为什么给你那么多自♥由♥吗
Know why he lets you run wild, don’t you?
因为他也相信我
‘Cause he trusts me, too.
因为他知道你未来一定会重新穿上裙子
‘Cause he knows dresses is your future.
不管我们去哪 你总归要穿裙子的
No matter where we go, you’re wearing dresses.
生儿育女 在花♥园♥里忙碌
And raising babies, and sweating over a garden,
之前一切的梦想都成为了泡影
and swallowing every dream you’ve ever had,
因为这个世界就把你定位于此了
because that’s all the world wants from you.
也许他能找到一个暂时躲避这个世界的地方
He may find some place where we can hold the world off
但是早晚世界会找到我们
for a while, but it’ll find us there too,
会将其所有规则带到那里
and bring all their rules with it.
印第安人 印第安人
Indians! Indians!
放下你们的枪
Put your rifles down!
放下枪
Put ’em down!
这可不够友好啊
Now that’s not very friendly.
我们不知道他们是敌是友
We don’t know they’re friends.
如果是敌 那我们早都死了
If they weren’t our friends, we’d already be dead.
我们让他们来吧 他们是来换东西的
We asked them to come. They’re here to trade.
无论我们走哪条路 我们都需要粮食
No matter which way we go we need provisions.
等下 等下
Wait. Wait!
我们要去别的地方吗
Are we going somewhere different?
她会给你补裤子
She will help you with rip in pants.
补好了
They’re fixed.
谢谢你
– Thank you. – Mm-hm.
不错吧
Good.
那是什么
What’s that?
这个不卖♥♥
That’s not for sale.
这是什么
What is it?
从西班牙人那里弄来的
From the Spanish.
他们也想夺走我们的土地
You know, they tried to take our land too.
我什么都不会拿 我只是路过
I ain’t taking nuthin’, I’m just passing through.
我们的土地不能被你们占领
Our land cannot be taken.
白人觉得自己夺走了我们的土地
White man thinks he took it.
白人喜欢狼
White man is like the wolf.
他们会杀掉一切东西 留下狼群
He kills everything until only the wolves are left,
然后狼群会自相残杀
then the wolves kill each other.
然后留下一片荒芜
Then there is nothing.
然后这片土地就又是自♥由♥的了
And the land is free again.
听起来没错