[Money for Nothing by Dire Straits]
* MTV… *
这个地方似乎为日夜交替的规则所困
This place seems confused by the rules of night and day.
或者索性将其忽略
Or perhaps it simply ignores them,
日落之时并不降温
refusing to cool when the sun fades.
就好像上帝还未决定
It’s as if God has not yet decided
要把此地变成什么样的地方
what this place should become.
会是一片荒漠吗
Will it be desert?
还是草原
Will it be prairie?
每一个生物都用尖刺 利角和撩牙将自己武装
Every living thing is armed with thorns and horns and fangs
似乎大地发动了一场针对自己的战争 想要寻找答案
as the land wages war on itself, seeking the answer…
我熟悉这种战争
I knew that war.
这是一场你是谁
That war between what you should become,
和你能成为谁的斗争
and what you could become.
我看着这片土地 也看到了自己可塑的灵魂
I looked at this place and saw my unfinished soul.
我看着这片土地 明白对我来说
I looked at this place and knew, for me…
这战争已经结束
that war was over.
因为我知道我是什么样的人了
I know what I am now.
我是一名牛仔
I’m a cowboy.
似乎离文明开化越远
It seems the farther we get from civilization,
我们就越能将那些条条框框抛到脑后
the more of its rules we leave behind.
那些传统
Its traditions.
那些拘束感
Its inhibitions…
我们越向西行
The farther west we travel,
那些习俗和规矩就越成为一种负担
the more those rules and customs become a burden.
你会说英语吗
You speak English?
不会
Sorry. No English.
阿琳娜
Alina.
我老婆会说英语
Wife English.
Oh, um…
那是什么啊
What do you call those?
裤子
Pants.
用他的话说
In his language.
(意大利语) 裤子
Pantaloni.
问问他还有没有裤子了
Ask him if he has more.
他肯定有 裤子就是我做的
I know he has more because I made them.
-我能换点裤子吗 -交换
– Can I trade for some? – Trade.
我给你点东西 然后你给我…
I give you something and you give–
我知道交换是什么意思
I know what trade is.
你为什么要我丈夫的裤子
Why you want my husband’s pants?
马鞍磨得我总起水泡
Tired of blisters from the saddle.
那我们来谈谈交换
Let’s talk trade.
-你想要什么 -你有什么
– What do you want? – What do you have?
-你需要什么 -我们什么都需要
– What do you need? – We need everything.
金的
It’s gold.
金子对我来说有啥用
What good is gold to me out here?
既然你什么都需要 金子可以买♥♥万物
If everything is what you need, gold can buy it.
那我就找个商店去得了呗
Oh. I just walk over to store then.
阿比林就有商店
There’s stores in Abilene.
你怎么会有金子
Why you have gold?
与你无关
Why I have it is none of your business.
那你的金子就是偷的 不换
Then you stole it and we have no trade.
等下
Wait.
我爸把他的钱换成珠宝 方便贮藏
My father made jewelry of his money to hide it.
他在我身上也藏了点
He hid some on me.
现在不用你藏了
Not yours to hide anymore.
我拿裤子给你
I get you pants.
给 裤子
There is pants.
你穿应该合适 对他来说太小了
Should fit you. Too small for him.
但是你屁♥股♥不够肥
You have skinny hips.
是吗
You think so?
可不是嘛 我看着你呢
I know. I looking at you.
等你生孩子时 孩子的头
When you have baby, its head coming out
会扁得像茄子
looking like eggplant.
茄子是什么
What’s eggplant?
你能给我的裙子补补吗
Can you do that to my dress?
怎么了 没见过女的穿裤子吗
What’s the matter, never seen a woman in pants before?
确实 你的应该是我第一次见
Naw, I think you’re the first.
别闹了
Hey, cut it out.
Oh…
这主意还不赖
It’s not the worst idea you’ve had.
裤子从哪来的我不想知道
I don’t want to know where the pants came from.
-我交易来的 -我都说了我不想知道
-I traded for them– -I said I don’t want to know.
拿什么换的
Traded what?
算了 我不想知道
Never mind. I don’t want to know.
-啥时候开会啊 -现在
– What time’s the meeting? – Now.
你想让我去吗
You want me to come?
不用 看着牛群 我看到河那边有狼的
No, stay with the herd. I saw wolf tracks by the river.
那是吉普赛人吗
That one of them gypsies?
差不多吧
Sorta.
我会带回来晚餐
I’ll bring you supper.
带两份
Hey, bring me two.
这河看起来挺深啊
River looked pretty deep to me.
水挺高
It’s high.
也许我们就应该在之前的那个地方过河
Maybe we should’ve crossed the Red where we was.
现在还要过两条河
Now we’re crossing two rivers…
在结束之前至少得跨20条河
We’re gonna cross twenty before we’re done.
我觉得这条河没有容易跨的地方
I didn’t see a decent place to cross here.
往上走几英里有个地方可以
There’s one a few miles up.
那个野牛常用
There’s a spot wild cattle use.
地上石头比较多
Ground pretty rocky.
多深
How deep?
得游
It’s a swim.
你们的人会游泳吗
Your people know how to swim?
这在我们老家违法
It’s illegal where we are from.
游泳违法吗
To swim?
我们那里 溺死的人在安葬之前
Where I am from they whip the bodies of the drowned
还要被鞭尸
before they are buried.
作为他们去河里游泳的惩罚
For getting in a river in the first place.
我们不会游泳
We don’t swim.
我们可以先带牛群过河
We could get the cattle across first
然后把东西尽量放在马背上
then get as many over horseback as we can,
然后就是马车
then the wagons.
听听我的想法行吗
Look, my two cents?
如果先让牛群过河
If we run the cattle over first
河岸上就乱成了一锅汤了
they’re gonna make soup out of the bank.
要是有一辆马车卡住了
You get a wagon stuck and you’ve got
就会直接导致在河中间拥堵
a traffic jam in the middle of the river.
这情况我见过 这可不行
I seen it, and you don’t want to.
先渡几个人过去 再渡马车
Ferry folks over then send the wagons.
然后在让牛群过
Then bring the herd.
你需要多少人来控制住牛群
How many folks you need to hold the herd?
别管牛群了 我来负责牛群过河
Don’t worry about the herd, I’ll get the herd across,
你让马车离岸边远点
you just keep those wagons off the bank
不然一样会堵
or I’m gonna have a traffic jam too.
你能帮我们渡人过河吗
Can you help us ferry folks across?
可以
I can do that.
这就意味着你老婆得驾马车
That means your wife has to drive a wagon.
我老婆都能把马车倒进沙龙的门
My wife could back a wagon through the doors of a saloon.
她能行
She’ll be fine.
我们早上过河
We’ll cross in the morning.
还是等温度上来点吧
Wait till it warms up.
动物们会发热 疲乏
Let everything get hot and a little tired.
它们就更愿意下河了
Animals will be more ready to get in the river then.
上游会下雨
That’s rain over there.
上游下雨 这里的水位会涨
Rain over there is a higher river here.
现在已经够深了
It’s high already.
等我让那些死脑筋的人动起来
By the time I get these misfits moving
肯定都到中午了 农民
it’ll be midday, farmer.
这你就别担心了
Don’t you worry about it.
我才不是什么农民
I ain’t no fucking farmer.
你之前是
You were.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!