快点
Come on.
轻点 孩子们 轻点
Easy, boy. Easy.
别从那推 从后面推
Hey, don’t push from there, get to the back!
从后面推
Get to the back!
死亡 在草原无处不在
Death is everywhere on the prairie.
以你能想象到的任何形式
In every form you can imagine.
超越了你最恐怖的噩梦
And a few your worst nightmare couldn’t muster…
死亡藏在河床里
Death hides in the creek beds…
在野兽中
possesses animals…
它躲在高高的草丛中 等待着
It hides in tall grass, waiting…
Ow!
每一次死亡后
With every death,
父亲都会把营地搬到更远的地方
our father moved camp a little farther away.
似乎死亡不是由意外事故和疾病造成的
As if death was not the result of accidents and disease,
而是一种疾病
but death was its own disease.
粗心会传染一样
And carelessness was contagious.
但在所有未知的危险中
But of all the perils awaiting us,
不论疾病 蛇 坏马 强盗
sickness and snakes, bad horses and bandits,
在这一切之中 有一件事
there was one thing above all that sent terror
使人与牲畜都感到恐惧
through both man and beast.
有一个词 大家纷纷避之不及
There was one word so feared it was never spoken.
甚至不敢轻声谈论
And barely whispered…
河流
River.
马车越不过去的
You’re not moving a wagon across that.
我们带他们去东边 在丹尼森乘坐渡轮
We’ll take them east. Use the ferry in Denison.
丹尼森是反方向
Denison’s the wrong direction.
反正得向西行进 不如就在这吧
We gotta head west somewhere, may as well be here.
西德克萨斯州地势崎岖
West Texas is rough.
所有路都不好走
It’s all rough.
我们要往西走多远才能找到一个更好穿行点
How far west we gotta go to get a better crossing?
要走很远
You’re going a ways.
几百英里甚至更远
Hundred miles or more.
浅水的地方就是沼泽
And where it runs shallow it’s boggy.
真正的沼泽
Real boggy.
我们往东走 坐渡轮
– We’ll head east. Use the ferry.
-你随便 -我向西
– You do what you want. I’m heading west.
我说了东
I said east.
我管你说什么
I don’t give a shit what you said.
我又不为你卖♥♥命
I don’t work for you.
他们穿不过去的 这地方太不好走了
They won’t make it. The country’s too rough.
没有水
No water.
每个峡谷里都有强盗
There’s bandits in every canyon,
印第安人也常从保留地出来骚扰
and there ain’t no wall around that reservation, neither.
我不是在征求你的同意
I ain’t asking your permission,
我是在告诉你我的决定
I’m telling you my decision.
我的决定是去西部
And my decision’s west.
去丹尼森的话 会多走两周路程
Denison puts us two weeks behind.
冬天来了我会担心的
I’ll worry about winter when it comes.
如果我们从这里走 他们会淹死
I’ll drown them if we cross here
如果我们往西走 他们会渴死
and they’ll die of thirst if we head west.
他们这就奄奄一息了 队长
They’re dying pretty good as it is, Captain.
我们还没离开德州呢
And we ain’t even left Texas yet.
我们要将冬天谨记于心 因为它马上就来临了
We need to keep winter in our minds, ’cause it’s coming…
我不知道从哪里穿过
I don’t know where to cross ’em,
但我知道不是在这里 也不是在东边
but I ain’t here and I know it ain’t east.
如果我们往西走 就要穿过布拉索河
If we head west we’re crossing the Brazos.
没有更好的选择 队长
Ain’t no good options, Captain.
要知道冬天才是最致命的
Just know that winter is the worst option.
这些人移♥动♥缓慢
And slow as these folks move,
我们已经失去一部分人了
we’re biting off a decent chunk of it already.
我们要在这里过河吗
We gonna cross here?
向西进
To the West.
西边 哪里
West, where?
我还不清楚
I don’t know yet.
牛仔们回营地了
Cowboys are headed back to their camp.
需要几人帮忙看管牛群
Need a few boys to help hold the herd.
那就挑一些吧
Well, pick some.
我挑过了
Been tryin’.
他们中的大多数人都不会说英语
Most of ’em they don’t speak English
还有一些人说他们不会骑马
and the ones that do say they can’t ride.
他们总有一天要学会的
Well, they gotta learn some time.
我知道
I don’t disagree.
但不该冒着让我们食物跑掉的风险
Just not sure keeping our food from running off is the time.
你们来帮忙吧
Sure could use y’all.
我去给闪电套鞍
I can saddle Lightning.
你不能一个人去
You ain’t going by yourself.
你陪我去
You’re coming.
不行 我要打猎 我们需要肉
No, I’m hunting. We need meat.
我去备好波可
I’ll catch Poco too.
照顾好你的儿子
Take care of your son.
你要骑马
You’re gonna ride herd?
成天坐着这辆马车 牙齿被颠得嘎嘎响
Tired of getting my teeth rattled by this wagon.
坐在那根木头 还是坐马鞍上
My choice is to sit on that log,
两者选其一 我肯定会选坐马鞍上
sit in a saddle, I’m gonna sit in a saddle.
我怎么能和一个
How am I supposed to sneak up on something
五岁的孩子相处啊
with a five year-old?
教他安静 要不就找只不会说话的鹿
Teach him to be quiet or find a dumb deer.
我会很安静
I can be quiet.
我想我们马上就会知道了 不是吗
Well, I guess we’re about to find out, ain’t we?

Shit.
带子最好多缠两圈
It’s better to double the latigo with him.
姑娘 对于马 我忘记的知识比你
Girl… I’ve forgotten more about horses
懂得的还多
than you’ll ever know.
准备好了
Ready?
上路吧
Let’s get after it.
他不太会团队合作
Ain’t much of a team player.
是的 但他很有能力
Yeah, but he’s capable.
我不喜欢他质疑我们
I don’t like him questioning us.
我们也无能为力
Not much we can do about it.
他不领工资
He ain’t on the payroll.
没错
Yeah.
如果有两个领队 就相当于没有领队
When there’s two leaders there ain’t no leader.
明白我的意思吗
Know what I’m mean?
得想清楚这个
Need to figure that out.
她就是丈夫被车撞死的那个
She the one whose husband got run over?
强盗杀了她的丈夫
Bandits killed her husband.

这些该死的马
These damn horses…
他们只是渴了
They’re just thirsty.
在你做任何事之前 先去安抚你的马
Before you do anything else, you tend to your horses.
我带它们去喝水
I’ll take ’em to drink.
然后我来教你怎么给他们的前腿装绳 这样它们就不会跑掉了
Then I’ll show you how to hobble ’em so they don’t run off…
你需要生火
You need a fire.
太热了 不适合生火
It’s too hot for fire.
火不只是为了取暖
Fire ain’t just for warmth.
可以让虫子远离 蛇不会靠近
Keeps bugs away. Snakes won’t go near it.
而且你可以
And from way up there…
从远处望到火种
You can see ’em.
营地点亮的火越多
The more fires folks see,
强盗就越不敢
the less chance they come to our camp
靠近滋事
seeing what else they can find.
马儿上次喝水是什么时候
When’s the last time they drank?
我不知道
I don’t know.

你还有其他家人吗
You got any other family here?
你结婚了吗
You are married?
没有
No.
我可以做你的妻子
I can be a wife for you.
我不想要老婆
I don’t want a wife.
我的儿子们都是好孩子 我也能做个好妻子
My boys are good boys and I can be a good wife.
-我也能做个好妻子 -停下
I can be a good wife. – Stop.
-别走 -停

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!