The next man in line does the same.
向正西方前进
Drive due west.
过河时一定要踩着前面的脚印
When you hit the river don’t cross if you don’t see tracks.
河底泥泞 足以吞没马匹和骑手
It’s boggy enough to swallow horse and rider both.
当你看到草地
When you hit the meadow,
等到南面的人折回到北面
wait for the men in the south to fold north.
排成一排 然后我们把它们赶到营地
Hold your line and we’ll push ’em right into camp.
留在这里 这就是你的洞
Stay here. This is your hole.
其他人跟我走
The rest follow me.
-我做什么 -你跟着他们
– What do I do? – You follow ’em.
在后面 等着
In the back, hold…
快点 伙计
Come on, buddy.
Hey.
Ha. Ha!
赶它们 驱赶它们
Push ’em up, push ’em up!
快点
Come on!
快点
Get!
让它们过来
Keep ’em comin’.
快点 牛儿
– Whoa! – Come on, cow!
快点
Come on.
它们从南边过来的 还有一些
They’re coming out of the south with a few more.
我们在这里让它们汇合 然后继续赶它们
We’ll marry them here, then push em on.
不知道那些有钱人在干嘛
Makes you wonder what the rich folk are doing, huh?
肯定不是干这个
They ain’t doing this.
那是肯定的
No, ma’am, they ain’t.
我看向了右边 看见了父亲
I looked to my right and saw my father,
笔直地朝超地平线骑行
somehow riding vertically toward the earth.
在他周围 牛仔们和牛儿们朝我们跑来
Beyond him, cowboys and cattle pushed toward us,
后面的尘土飞扬 就像是一阵烟雾
dust following them like a cloudy shadow.
阳光柔和 暗淡 泛黄
The light was soft and pale and pink,
就像上帝决定给这一天点上烛光
like God decided to light this day with candles.
整个德克萨斯州在我面前舒展
And the whole of Texas spread out before me.
那是我所见过的最壮丽的风景
It was the most magnificent thing I’d ever seen.
比我想象的进展顺利
Well, that went better than I expected.
-玩的开心吗 -嗯
– You having fun? – Yeah.
我们得派人守住出口
We got to get someone at the mouth of that draw,
这样它们就不会跑了
so they don’t leak into it.
再有一个人在后面驱赶
Someone else to push from the rear.
我去
I’ll do it.
我能去吗
Can I do it?
你可以去
You can do it.
好吧 伙计们 动起来
All right, boys. Let’s get a moving.
耶
Yip!
自♥由♥
Freedom…
最多那就是个想法
To most, it is an idea.
一个与控制有关的抽象概念
An abstract thought that pertains to control.
那不是自♥由♥
That’s not freedom.
那是独♥立♥
That’s independence.
自♥由♥是在无人驯服的土地上
Freedom is riding wild over untamed land
无拘无束地驰骋
with no notion any moment exists
没有任何存在可以超越你的处境
beyond the one you are living.
他们要放一晚上的音乐吗
They gonna play music all night?
好像是
It looks that way.
他们什么时候才睡觉啊
When do they sleep?
这个问题目前没有答案
That is a question yet to be answered.
但是我知道你什么时候睡觉 现在就去
But I know when you sleep: you sleep now.
遵命
Yes, ma’am.
天哪 真吵
Godless noise.
我们本可以听河边的知了
We could be listening to cicadas and frogs
和青蛙唱歌♥ 结果却要听这个
by the river, but instead we’re listening to this.
我们终于有一次达成共识了
For once, we’re in agreement.
不过我觉得这歌♥还好
But I don’t mind the song.
我是说 很悲伤
I mean, it’s sad…
但是估计我也会悲伤吧
But I suppose I’d be sad too
如果我远离生活的地方
if I was a world away from my home.
你是远离你生活的地方
You are a world away from your home.
不知道他想在这些山区找到什么
I don’t know what he expects to find in these mountains,
或者我们到底要去哪儿
or wherever it is we’re headed,
但是我跟你说我们不会找到什么
but I’ll tell you what we won’t find:
我们不会发现文明
we won’t find civilization.
不会找到一个祈祷的教堂
We won’t find a church for prayer
一栋带木地板或者粉刷过的房♥子
or a house with wood floors or painted walls,
旅馆 朋友 或者孩子上学的学校
restaurants or friends or schools for our children.
我们抛弃了这一切
We just left it all behind.
好像也没人逼你来这里吧 克莱尔
I don’t recall anyone forcing you on the train, Claire.
是命运所迫
Fate forced me.
它夺走了我丈夫
When it robbed me of a husband
夺走了我孩子的未来
and robbed my child of a future with him.
我能怎么办 在大街上乞讨吗
What was I to do, beg on the street?
没有人逼我
Don’t recall anyone forcing me…
你以为你到底谁
Who the hell do you think you are?
我
I…
有什么那么好笑
What is so funny?
说实话 克莱尔
Honestly, Claire…
我没那个精力 也没那个兴趣
I don’t have the energy or the interest
继续跟你说下去了
to continue this conversation.
那好吧
Well.
他是个梦想家 玛格丽特
He’s a dreamer, Margaret.
一直都是
Always has been.
这些梦从没实现过
And they never come true.
会实现的 克莱尔
It’s coming true, Claire.
不
No.
这不是梦想
This is not the dream.
这是噩梦
This is the nightmare.
你会看到的
You’ll see.
你喝咖啡吗
You drink coffee?
不是给我的
It’s not for me.
这里没别人
No one else here.
你撒谎
You lied!
我是撒谎了 怎么了
I did, didn’t I?
什么样的女人才会喝咖啡
What kind of a woman drinks coffee?
真是等不及听听关于女性的说教了
I can’t wait to hear this lecture on womanhood.
咖啡是给他准备的
This coffee is for him.
漫长的一夜
After a long night.
总有一天 你会幸运地找到一个男人
Someday, if you’re lucky to find a man
或者是找到一个极不走运的男人
or simply find a man who is extremely unlucky,
你就会知道 骑行了一夜能喝口咖啡是多么幸福
you will learn coffee is a welcome treat after a hard ride.
Mmm.
慢点 小心
Take it easy, just a little bit.
车队头儿呢
Where’s the wagon boss?
他驻扎在南边
He camps to the south.
该死的吉普赛人
Fucking gypsies.
吉普赛人不会带很多东西旅行 我有经验
Gypsies don’t travel with much, I’ve learned.
不过你
But you, uh…
你是爱尔兰人 总是带着很多东西旅行
You Irish, y’all usually travel well stocked.
我再问一次 你车队头儿在哪儿
I’ll ask again, where’s your wagon boss?
你很快就会见到他了
You’ll be meeting him soon enough.
Mm-hmm.
我们没什么可以给你们的 快走
We have nothing to offer you, sir. Be gone!
她说 快走
Be gone, she says.
你想要什么
What do you want here?
据我所知 这条河是大家的
Last I checked, ain’t nobody owned the river.
我走了
Be gone.
天啊
Hell.
该死的
God dammit.
走 这里不欢迎你们 走
Go! You’re not welcome here! Go!
走
Go!
你是魔鬼 我看的出来 看的出来
You are the devil! I see you! I see you!
我看的出来
I see you!
我不过是想让马饮水而已
And to think, all I wanted to do was water the horses.
没想搞成这样
Ain’t all I want to do now.
你再不放开她就死定了
It’ll be the last thing you do.
他们手里有十二支枪