牛可不行
Ox won’t make the trip.
高温和缺水会杀死它们
Heat and no water will kill them.
把牛卖♥♥了, 买♥♥马
Sell the ox. Get horses.
我们不懂骑马
We don’t know horses.
你们的物品在哪里?
Where’s your gear?
什么齿轮?
Gear?
你们的物资
Your supplies.
你们的行李箱,还有 随身携带的东西。
Your suitcases. What you take with you.
在房♥间里, 在后面
In the room. In… in the back.
给我看看
Show me.
这都是什么鬼?
What is all this shit?
我们从家里带来的一切
Everything we brought from home.
好吧,你应该把它留在家里。
Well, you should have left it there.
带着它们可走不了
It won’t make the trip.
必须带着
It must.
这就是我们的所有家当了
This is everything we have.
那我该怎么把它装在马车上
How am I supposed to load this on a wagon
然后怎么他妈的趟过河流?
and float it across the fucking river?
还有翻山越岭?
And over mountains?
队长, 他甚至没有手♥枪♥
Captain. He ain’t even got a pistol.
对
No.
(带枪)违背你的信仰?
Against your religion?
违反我们的法律。 我们不能带枪。
Against our laws. We were not allowed.
你们都没有枪吗?
None of you have firearms?
我们需要他们吗?
Do we need them?
你们需要他们吗?
Do you need them?
我们将不得不雇用更多的人。
We’re going to have to hire more men.
为了保护你们
To protect you.
帮你寻找食物
To help you hunt for food.
你们商量一下,看看能出什么样的价钱
Talk it over with your group and see what kind of money
他们可以想出来,这样我们可以雇用他们。
they can come up with so we can hire them.
更多钱…
More money…
每个家庭的价格是两百
The price is two hundred per family.
现在是新的价格
There’s a new price.
教会警告我们要注意像你这样的人
The church warned us about people like you.
你们毁约, 你……你想抢劫我们。
You change rules. You… You try to rob us.
你认为我们是傻瓜,只是因为
You think we’re fools, just because…
你们没有马
You have no horses.
没有枪, 你们不会骑马
No guns. You can’t ride.
你们他妈是个傻B
You are a fucking fool!
因为你们认为可以在没有生存技能的情况下
旅行两千英里
For thinking you can travel two thousand miles
with no skills to survive it.
队长
Captain.
坐火车去波特兰吧
Take the train to Portland.
你们完不成这次旅行
You won’t make this trip.
我们搭不起火车
We… We can’t afford the train.
那我建议你在这附近买♥♥农场
Then I suggest you buy farms around here.
这里既高温又干旱
Here is hot. Here is dry.
我们来自山区
We come from mountains.
我们了解山区
Mountains we know.
更多的人手需要多少钱?
How much do more men cost?
大概一百个吧
Maybe a hundred apiece.
也许更多,让我想一想。
Maybe more. Let me check around.
那早上走行吗?
Okay. We… we leave in the morning?
当你准备好了我们就出发
We leave when you’re ready
但你在早上之前准备不好
and you won’t be ready in the morning.
搞定
(这里不应该说英语吧)
All is okay.
你盯着窗外看,好像有奖品一样。
You’re staring out that window like there’s a prize to be had.
什么都不错过
You ain’t half-wrong.
没见过日落
Never seen a sunset.
你来的地方没日落?
Sun don’t set where you’re from?
松树挡住了
The pine trees block it.
田纳西
Tennessee…
你怎么知道?
How’d you know?
我了解松树
I know the pines.
我懂口音
And I know the accent.
你要去哪儿?
Where you headed?
西部
West.
就你自己?
All by yourself?
和我的家人
With my family.
我没看到你的家人
I don’t see much family.
只看到你
Just see you…
他们
They’re, um…
我们的座位在后面
Our seats are in the back.
我只是想看看窗外所以我
I just wanted to look out the window so I…
只要你喜欢就坐在这里
Sit here as long as you like.
然后再坐久一点
Then just a little bit longer…
不过,我质疑你父亲的判断
I question your father’s judgment, though.
如果有你这么漂亮的女儿
If had a daughter as pretty as you,
她永远不会离开我的视线
she would never leave my sight.
别那样
Don’t do that.
不要躲避它
Don’t hide from it.
美是用来欣赏的
Beauty is meant to be admired.
让我看看
Let me look…
是的
Yeah.
看看你
Look at you.
好的,女士…
All right, ma’am…
女士,我明白你的意思,女士
Ma’am, I get your point, ma’am.
好的,女士
All right, ma’am.
艾尔莎,我们走吧
Elsa, let’s go.
祝你早安,先生
Good day to you, sir.
我发誓,你会成为我的死神
You’re going to be the death of me, I swear.
我只是看着窗外
I was just looking out the window.
那窗户肯定穿着漂亮的西装
Window sure wears a fancy suit.
借过一下,借过,先生
Excuse me. Excuse me, sir.
借过
Excuse me.
借过,先生
Excuse me, sir.
约翰在哪里? 跟你阿姨一起呢。
Where’s John? With your aunt.
你把他留给他们了吗? 你让我别无选择。
You left him with them? YOU left me no choice.
坐
Sit.
总有一天我会坐在火车的前面。
Someday I’ll only ride in the front of the train.
那是孩子的目标。
That’s a child’s goal.
女人的目标是不再坐火车
A woman’s goal is never ride a train again
因为她有一个她永远不想离开的家。
because she has a home she never wants to leave.
我觉得我们都离我们的目标有一段距离
I guess we’re both a ways from our goal.
不该让她那样跟你说话
Ought not let her talk to you like that.
如果她是我的女儿
If she were my daughter…
如果你认为你能让她听话,那你来
If you think you can make her listen, be my guest.
误入歧途
Traipse off into harm’s way
然后回嘴说你妈妈救了你?
and then back-talk your mother for saving you?
我没有受伤
I wasn’t in harm’s…
对不起
I’m sorry.
那不影响我, 给她道歉
It didn’t worry me. You apologize to her.
对不起,妈妈 让她别打了。
I’m sorry, Mama. Tell her to stop.
你证明了你的观点
You proved your point.
你会打一个陌生人,但不会打你自己的女儿,
You’ll hit a stranger, but not your own daughter,
当这正是她需要的时候。
when it’s exactly what she needs.
不打不成器,玛格丽特,自♥由♥会毁了她。
Spare the rod, Margaret, and the freedom will ruin her.
在还没毁了之前
If it hasn’t already.
你自找的
You had it coming.
工资怎么样? – 一个月一百。
How’s the pay? – Hundred a month.
到那里需要四个月的时间,
It’ll take four months to get there,
然后我们被困在俄勒冈州过冬
then we’re stuck in Oregon for the winter.
我们会花光等待回家的钱
We’ll burn through the money waiting to get home.
我们可以送你上火车
We can send you back on the train.
看,队长
Look, Captain…
我一直赶牛到奥马哈
I’ve pushed cattle all the way to Omaha
并遇到了相当数量的这些移♥民♥马车:
and come across a fair amount of these immigrant wagons:
这些狗♥娘♥养♥的想死
these sons of bitches are trying to die.
他们不会游泳,不会骑马